Are you ready for some football!?!?

Started by Caity, August 08, 2008, 08:30:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caity

Is anyone else as excited about football season as I am?   ;D

MagicalPen

Indeed I am! JETS fan, so my season just got a whole lot more interesting!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Caity

Oh My God!  I love you even more now. 

I'm a FAVRE fanatic.  So I'll be watching the Jets games this season.  They won their first preseason game... not too shabby.  ;)

MagicalPen

Preseason is preseason :) It doesn't mean anything unless some one gets injured. Preseason Week 3 is the game to watch, thats when the Starters play most of the game. Brett gets a week of practice now - one can only hope he improves upon last seasons stats!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Maeven

Oh I CANNOT wait.

I'm a little disappointed that Favre didn't go to the Bucs, but C'est la vie. 

I don't follow it per se... but my neighborhood sorta bonds during football season.  Every sunday the games are on in several houses on my street and kids and dads and dogs and cats sort of wander from place to place drinking beer from communal ice chests and snagging food from each other's countertops. AND every year I throw a great Superbowl party.

So, yeah. I'm just in it for the beer and the party. 

Surprise!
What a wicked game to play, to make me feel this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to let me dream of you.
What a wicked thing to say, you never felt this way.
What a wicked thing to do, to make me dream of you. 

The Cardinal Rule

Caity

Still bodes well.  Preseason is important to set the tone.  ;)

He had an excellent last season, and I think they're all feeling like they've got something to prove.  I can't wait to see him play with a new team.   ;D

Caity

Quote from: Maeven on August 08, 2008, 08:44:59 AM
Oh I CANNOT wait.

I'm a little disappointed that Favre didn't go to the Bucs, but C'est la vie. 

I don't follow it per se... but my neighborhood sorta bonds during football season.  Every sunday the games are on in several houses on my street and kids and dads and dogs and cats sort of wander from place to place drinking beer from communal ice chests and snagging food from each other's countertops. AND every year I throw a great Superbowl party.

So, yeah. I'm just in it for the beer and the party. 

Surprise!

The Packers didn't want Brett playing FOR them, but they didn't want him playing AGAINST them either.  So they traded him to another division.  :p  I was rooting for him to go to the Vikings. 

MagicalPen

Preseason is more about Position battles in questionable positions, and between 2nd and 3rd String Players. It also, particularly 3rd Preseason games, shows how well the starters have bonded together. It CAN show where a QB is too - but too often have teams won all their preseason games but then go 0 - 4 in the regular season.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Caity

MagicalPen

I think they won as many preseason games last year as they did regular season games. IT MEANS NOTHING!

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Caity

*laughs*  Everything means SOMETHING.   :P

At least I know they have guys who CAN win a game. 

MagicalPen

When you have two matchups against the Dolphins in the season, then you know you're going to win at least 2 games every year :)

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Caity

Now there's a silver lining.  I knew you couldn't be all pessimist.   :P

WyldRanger

I'm actually looking more forward to the beginning of the hockey season....but I think that's mostly due to the fact that the Red Wings rock and the Lions...well...they kinda suck  ::)

Caity

Lions beat the Superbowl defenders.  ;)

WyldRanger

I'm not saying their horrible...it's just...they're the Lions!  ::)

They did great for the first half of the season last year, and then completely fell apart when they realized they were doing well...

Caity

Well they won't have to play against Favre this season... Maybe they can do something.  ;)

WyldRanger

Caity

MagicalPen

ITS THE PRESEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People who play most of the Pre-season games won't see a second of Regular Season! Hell, the Giants recievign corps had the day off! *shakes head* I mean, srsly, even the PATRIOTS lost to a crap team! Preseason is like, the Bench Warmers Regular Season. As soon as its over, they go right back to sitting on the bench.

Pre Season Week 3 is the game to watch, will show who is sharp and who is not. Week 4 is  back to resting the starters ahead of opening of season.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Caity

It's still fun to watch!

Jeeze.

Caity

*is excited for 3rd week Preseason games*

;D

MagicalPen

Jets vs. Giants will be a good one to watch.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Caity

WyldRanger

Hey, the Lions have actually one their first two games. I hope this carries over to the regular season  :)