Heroes Rise: The Hero Project!

Started by Juggtacular, June 09, 2015, 04:58:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Juggtacular

Hmmmm. I think if the power is going to be super speed/enhanced strength, I don't think the pseudo mystical suit summoning will work. You could always have it so she puts on the suit so fast no one can figure out it's her.

Darwishi

I guess. I was just trying not to rip off the Flash directly.  The suit really wouldn't be much in the way of powers, but I could do it the Flash way.  Maybe she even plays it off as magic?  I'm not sure if they would have a durable material that would stand up to her powers though, which is another reason for the transformation thing.  But again, I can always adjust, I just try to play the character as originally designed first. ^_^

Juggtacular

Keep in mind people have had powers for decades at this point, and technology has advanced quite far as well. There's definitely material's out there for heroes and villains to wear that's tough and durable. Otherwise everyone would be running around naked, lol.

Darwishi

Okay, cool! I'll cook something up pretty soon then.

MissFire

MissFire

Name: Kumari Natarajan
Alias/Code-Name(s): Kali, The Black Wind, Test Subject 012, or Project Sarasvati
Sexuality: Not Interested

Your Villain In Detail
Power Class: Class II
Power(s): None

Abilities: Known abilities Of the subject seem rather obvious from all exterior appearances. The woman heretofore known as Kali has four additional limbs and seems to be able to control all six with the dexterity and speed of a highly trained military operative. Thanks to a combination of military experimentation and nanomachines, she seems to be possessed of heightened strength, reflexes, speed, and advanced healing capacity. Her military training makes her an extremely deadly combatant from nearly any range. She has demonstrated exceptional CQC ability and is a champion-level marksman. Thanks to her multiple limbs she can wield many weapons at once, or use multiple limbs to support a single heavy weapon that would be unusable by a single normal soldier. Kali does not seem to need to sleep, nor does she eat in a traditional sense; she is fed a medicinal cocktail and nutrient paste through a port in her side. Kali is extremely clever and will often lay traps for opponents, uses extensive preparation before any mission, and will always leave herself an avenue of escape.

Weaknesses: Despite her exterior strength and ability, her insides seem to be rather weak. Kali seems to constantly wear a respirator mask and the raspy voice she speaks with indicates some kind of lung trouble. She often emits a wheezing, hacking cough. Her immune system may have been compromised by the experiments she underwent. While resilient against normal damage, illness may have a crippling effect on her. She is much deadlier at range than up close and any Meta with enhanced toughness and physical strength should engage her in close combat. Despite her willingness to kill for money, Kali will not harm children or the innocent and prefers to keep civilian casualties to an absolute minimum. This is something that could be used against her by an enterprising hero or villain.

Look/Appearance: The battle suit she wears is high tech military-style gear and usually covered by a bullet-proof vest. Over this she wears a heavy cloak that seems to be a combination of moose leather and chainmail, rendering it impervious to blades and small caliber ammunition. The respirator mask she wears filters any air she breathes, rendering her immune to any airborne toxins or gasses so long as it is functional. She seems to be armed with at least two pistols and two knives at any one time, though when Kali is in the field she carries, at minimum, four firearms and six knives. Kali is especially proficient with rifles and other semi-automatic weapons, preferring to engage from afar where possible, though it's wise to assume she is carrying some kind of automatic weapon on her. Her suit rigging holds at least four karambits (an Indonesian, curved, hand-held knife) at any one time.

Their Background
Personality: Kali is cold and unfeeling, treating human lives as nothing more than a means to an end. She kills without hesitation, especially if someone unfortunate gets in her way. Implacable and almost unstoppable when she has her sights set on a target, it is extremely rare for her to fail. Her cold, aloof, and utterly terrifying nature have made a name for her in the underworld. Kali seems to care little what others think of her; she only does what she needs to live. Though she seems willing to kill anyone for almost any reason, she will not harm children and does not go out of her way to cause collateral damage. Rumors indicate she may have associates in the homeless community, indicating perhaps a softness for the impoverished. A sympathy for those who shared her roots, perhaps?

History: Background data Tells us that Kumari Natarajan grew up with a childhood fairly typical for someone in a lower social and economic standing living in India. Nothing remarkable is on record about her until sometime in her late teens. Around that time she joined the army (most likely for the food, shelter, and structure it would provide) and managed impressive scores in most fields, but proved to be an exceptional marksman and CQC combatant. Shortly after joining up with the Ghatak Commandos she simply disappeared and the Indian government has zero data on where she went or even the specific day and time she vanished.

She resurfaced several years later, the apparent result of some unknown military experiment. Her appearance was apparently not sanctioned by the Indian government, as we have picked up numerous communications and data transfers regarding her re-capture. She fled her homeland and took up the name 'Kali' while selling herself as a mercenary. The woman once known as Kumari Natarajan has long since abandoned her old name and life and seems only to live for combat. Where the money from her contracts goes is a mystery. Attempts to trace it have resulted in stumbling upon a massive tangle of fake names, fake mailing addresses, and shipments of cash practically circling the globe. It would take extensive research to find out what the subject is doing with her funds, or where she keeps her assets.

Physical Description/Other Pictures: One, Two, Three, Four, Theme Song: The Black Wind Howls

Other
Connections: TBD
Dislikes: The government, endangering the innocent or children, self-righteous heroes.
Ons/Offs: N/A
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

MrBubbles

Quote from: Juggtacular on June 21, 2015, 08:08:00 PM
You mean your character is normal, then initiates a change that turns them into a full hero? Along with suit and everything?

Quote from: Darwishi on June 21, 2015, 08:00:02 PM
Hmm, this looks interesting.  What about powers that are somewhat magic (and I use the term loosely) based?  Like the ability to transform into a hero rather than putting on tights and going from there?

Sounds an awful lot like a magical girl to me.

Darwishi

Darwishi

Name: Katherine "Kate" Green
Alias/Code-Name: Blue Angel
Sexuality: Bisexual: Kinsey Scale 2

Your Hero in detail
Power Class: Class 1
Power(s):
Need for Speed - Kate has always had a thing for speed.  In her first car she topped out the speedometer on a regular basis.  In the military she pushed jets to their very limits and now she pushes herself to her limit.  Kate isn't sure how fast she can run at her top speed or if she even has a top speed.  While moving at speed her reaction times become that much greater, though even towards her top speeds she has trouble turning when she needs to turn.  As of yet it hasn't been measured how fast she can move, but often she can leave a residual image of herself on someone's retina while having moved around behind them.  She often disappears from sight completely, or appears as a blur.

Durable - Her durability is more of a side effect of being so fast.  If she weren't durable her body would break in half every time she tried to run fast, or when she trips she'd get plastered against a brick wall as an unrecognizable mess.  Her durability scales up with her speed, but even standing completely still someone could swipe at her with a sword and only just cut her skin.

Powerhouse - A side effect of the side effect is that her body doesn't break.  She's able to lift many times what a normal woman of her stature can lift.  Her strength caps out at about 2 tons.  While it's super human, it's nothing to write home about.

Abilities:
Survival - Kate learned how to fight in the U.S. Air Force but more than that she learned how to survive off the land.  The martial arts was great when she needed it, but once she learned just how fast she could run, she quickly adopted the thought that she didn't need the hand-to-hand combat near as much. 

Weaknesses: Her speed can be used by any part of her body, but her legs are what propel her in any direction.  If one can take out her legs, then one can effectively take her out.

Tripped Up: Moving even at a fraction of her top speeds makes it hard to see thin wires close to the ground.  They have to be secured but if her ankle or shin finds one it's likely to make her misstep by just a fraction of an inch.  That may not seem like a big deal, but it can easily make her ankles cross or send her careening out of control.

Wet when Slippery: It could be ice, an oil slick, or any number of other situations where the ground is simply too slippery for good traction.  Just like the trip-wire, hitting this at speed is almost impossible for her to tell in the heat of the moment, and will likely send her to the ground, and crashing into some distant wall, car, or light post.

Clothes Lines: Many clothes lines don't hang at chest, neck, or even head level, but one that sets up a wire or bar at said height could get her to either not see it, or turn a corner, or otherwise camouflage it so she'll be pulled off of her feet.  She'll either almost comically flip around it, or again be sent careening off to hit something very hard.

Drugs: While drugs can't be injected into Blue Angel they can be applied topically, or forced down her throat.  It could be a gas, or a rag soaked in chloroform.  Whatever the case she can't run very well while drunk or dazed.

Bondage: Tying Blue Angel up can completely immobilize Blue Angel.  If she can't move, then she can't run, and if she can't run then she's a lot less dangerous to villains...or even thugs.

C-bust: She might be durable but a kick, baseball bat, or any number of attacks right between her legs still hurts like a bitch.  If it doesn't knock her out then it'll make her too distracted and in pain to run much of anywhere.

Cocky: She's cocky.  The smart thing would be to take someone out and tie them up.  She'd prefer to gloat and taunt her enemies.  While she can dodge most attacks that she's facing, this opens her up to all kinds of attacks from either a distance or from behind. 

Look/Appearance: Blue Angel dresses in a full-body, skin-tight suit that's royal blue in color.  The suit looks like spandex but is really a much tougher material that can stand up to her abilities.  She wears her hair up in a strict pony tail, and her face is covered in a royal blue domino mask.  It's adhered to her skin with something so strong it'd sooner peel her flesh off than come off of her face.  It can come off with the right aerosol spray.  Finally she wears a pair of heeled boots that reach up to her knees.  The heels add an extra three inches to her height and make her mile long legs seem just a hair longer. 

Their background
Personality: Blue is a bit of an adrenaline junky and a speed demon.  She loves going faster and testing her limits even if those kinds of speeds aren't always necessary.  She's confident to the point of being over-confident.  She's something of a flirt, especially with other heroes and especially as Blue Angel.  Kate is only slightly less a flirt, but the anonymity that the mask gives her lets her hit on whomever she wishes.
History: Kate has always had an addiction to speed.  Her mother swears she came out of the womb running, skipping right over the crawling and walking stages.  While not true, it's always been a constant in Kate's life.  If she found a way to do something faster then she'd do it.  First it was scooting, then crawling, then walking, then running.  Then it was learning to ride a bike, taking the training wheels off and finding the biggest hills to pedal down.  When she got a car she topped the it out, put new parts in, and topped it out again.  It's a wonder she's made it this far in life without killing herself.

After high school she moved on from cars to fighter jets.  Now those things can move!  The military taught her to contain her excitement for speed somewhat.  They taught her skills that she could use and instances where speed was more of a detriment than a help.  In terms of powers she was a bit of a late bloomer, she didn't develop much of her running speed until she was 19.  The military really drew it out of her from the high-altitude runs to races that they held for competitions.  At first it was assumed she was just naturally fit, but then she started out running the drill instructors, she started outrunning cars

At that point the Air Force disqualified her from many of the normal racing that went on, but included her in drag races.  The difference was that she couldn't use a car.  She was trained to push herself, to go above an beyond, and to keep going faster.  It wasn't long before she was outrunning race cars and then the jets that she thought were so fast before seemed so slow. 

Kate served her three years in the military and then got an honorable discharge to return home.  She couldn't just stand by and do nothing though... so she became a superheroine.  At first she wore the same suit that the military issued her.  It was olive green and a little bulky.  It wasn't terribly different from what they issued the pilots themselves.  She wanted a better suit so she took some money from her savings and put it into buying herself a super suit.  She bought the royal-blue body suit she still wears today and started doing patrols around the city.

She's just started her career as a superheroine even though she's been doing it for about a year and half now.  She feels like there's some kind of ceiling she's hit.  That no matter what she does that no one really knows who she is or what she does.  She's been defeated a number of times in various different ways, but everyone gets defeated every now and again!  She swears that a few lucky thugs and supervillains can't be the only reason she's not getting any recognition. 

That's when she saw the opportunity of a lifetime pop up.  A reality show! She could show her talents to the whole world and gain recognition that way.  Maybe she'd be the next big superheroine!

Physical description/Other pictures: Flat footed Kate stands at an even 6 feet tall.  She has long legs, C-cup breasts, an athletic frame and a bubble butt.  Her eyes are green and hair is a dirty blonde.  Kate is physically intimidating even without the three inch heels.  As Blue Angel she stands at 6'3" and looks like she can kick someone's ass without using her powers. 
Other Images

Other
Connections: Blue is early in her career and doesn't know anyone yet!
Likes: Food.  Kate's a big foodie and will try anything once.  She even tried fried spiders in China one time.  She likes sex with both men and women.  And of course she likes speed... not during sex necessarily, but she likes running! 
Dislikes: Pimps, drug dealers, people that would harm children, thugs, and supervillains.
Ons/Offs: It's long and in need of an update. I like non-con scenes, spandex, and superheroines for a short list.

eternaldarkness

Oh boy, this team has a lot of big egos on it :D

Yukina

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 21, 2015, 11:16:57 PM
Oh boy, this team has a lot of big egos on it :D

*nods* Feels weird playing a character that idolizes a set of heroes that fight for justice in such a crowd.

Darwishi

Heh, now...can any of them back it up? =P 

Blue Angel fights for justice! She just thinks she's way better at it than she is. =P

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Darwishi on June 21, 2015, 11:32:35 PM
Heh, now...can any of them back it up? =P 

Blue Angel fights for justice! She just thinks she's way better at it than she is. =P

Tiger definitely can, though he may not be a hero for long, simply because the villains are more interesting to me right now.

Yukina

Quote from: eternaldarkness on June 21, 2015, 11:42:10 PM
Tiger definitely can, though he may not be a hero for long, simply because the villains are more interesting to me right now.

To be honest, Tiger seems perfect for a face-heel turn.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Yugishogun on June 21, 2015, 11:44:39 PM
To be honest, Tiger seems perfect for a face-heel turn.

Mmhm. It's highly probable, though the deciding factor is which side has a higher probability of leading to fun sexytimes. Silly perhaps, but the action i like can be had on either side, so that leaves the potential for relationship drama as the only variable.

Darwishi

That could depend on if he likes the idea of non-consent with some of his teammates or likes the idea of having a girlfriend better... and if any of them would go out with the ego-maniac that he is. =P 

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Darwishi on June 22, 2015, 12:03:09 AM
That could depend on if he likes the idea of non-consent with some of his teammates or likes the idea of having a girlfriend better... and if any of them would go out with the ego-maniac that he is. =P

Hehe, if he becomes a villain then he'll be a villain. I do find your O/O's intriguing though, Darwishi. Very much so. I just can't reconcile it with him being a hero, so i don't think i can help you with that kinda fun in this game :P

Darwishi

lol. I just was trying to build on what you said about him and if he turned it'd be based on sex. =P  Appealing to my O&O's really wasn't my intent. XDD

eternaldarkness

Quote from: Darwishi on June 22, 2015, 12:23:43 AM
lol. I just was trying to build on what you said about him and if he turned it'd be based on sex. =P  Appealing to my O&O's really wasn't my intent. XDD

I didn't mean to imply that was your intent, i just happened to be looking at them and stroking my chin evilly while posting :P

la dame en noir

GM Note:

I should probably make rules...I've been very busy lately being an adult(or masquerading as one)...

I will most likely have you guys send apps to Jugg and I via PM so we can go through them privately and give feedback. Just a heads up.
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Captain Whitebread

Never be an adult.  It's a terrifying thing to be.

I think Shrike and Blue Angel have a lot in common.  Except for the sleeping with men part.  He's not into that.  He's also likely to make the occasional fart joke.....
There are nights when the wolves are silent and it the moon that howls.

Darwishi

Pff adult.  Entirely too many responsibilities. =P Although the upside is playing on E... sooo. 

Shrike is twice her age. =P  Who says she won't make a fart joke? She may also make jokes about his age... XDD

Captain Whitebread

I didn't say he wanted to bang her.  I said they had a lot in common, most notably the need for speed.  Has she broken the sound barrier yet?  He'd be horribly jealous.

Darwishi

Quote from: Captain Whitebread on June 23, 2015, 07:35:26 PM
I didn't say he wanted to bang her.  I said they had a lot in common, most notably the need for speed.  Has she broken the sound barrier yet?  He'd be horribly jealous.

And then some. But it's really her only power and she can only do it on the ground.  She'd be jealous of his ability to fly. =P  I'm kind of waiting on these mysterious rules to see if I'll have to change Blue Angel any more than I have.  I figure to be able to change into her costume in practically an instant she'd have to be incredibly fast.  On the bright side for all the badguys she's quite careless and there's a number of ways to take her feet out from under her. XDD

I wouldn't blame him if he wanted to bang her either.  Not saying he'd get the chance (though who knows in a superhero game on E) but if he wanted to bang her... that'd be about par for the course. =P

Captain Whitebread

He'd probably think she was too young for anything.  After all, he's old enough to be her father.  He might try talking her into towing him to see what breaking the sound barrier was like.  I imagine it would look something like a massive explosion of feathers and a stupid grin....

Darwishi

Heh. I dunno.  I know people that are 25 years apart and married. Besides nothing says he can't look and wish he were a bit younger or that she were a bit older. ;)

Anyway, the towing him like a massive kite sounds like something she might do... so long as he promised her that he could take the g-forces of breaking the sound barrier. XDD

Captain Whitebread

He can take the negative Gs of a 500 mph impact, assuming he's hitting something man sized, so he'd be more than willing to make the attempt.

I think we have established something we really need to do once the RP is up and running wild....