Adrift in Space (Closed to New Players)

Started by kckolbe, October 16, 2013, 08:24:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeavenAbove

Silver

O/O's  Request Thread  A/A's
Now Playing: Star - ♡ Machinedrum (A$AP Ferg Remix)
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

kckolbe

WOW.  I think that is the biggest reaction I have seen to a character image.  Given that he's a Viper pilot, I thought about saying "happy hunting," but it seems the prey will come to him.

I still think he looks like a cross of Ray Liotta and Ryan Reynolds. 

By the way, SargentToughie is working a character up as a CEO of a rather plot-friendly business (not cylon related), which I consider high profile enough to count as our third political type.  I'll have fleet creation and OOC threads up by Monday.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Silver

Quote from: kckolbe on October 20, 2013, 01:16:03 AM
WOW.  I think that is the biggest reaction I have seen to a character image.

Don't worry you are awesome too having started up the game in the first place.

*nodsnods*
People fear what they don't understand, But then they get mad because they don't dare to do it, Everybody a shinin' star, they ain't get far so they can't prove it, Most stars foolish, full of gas, useless, Pushin' bad influence, wonder what happened to 'em?, They say hurt people hurt people, guess that is proven, They put on a mask to mask feelings, Fill the universe with mass ceilings, Most people not even tappin' in...♡

kckolbe

+ = ?\

It was so hard to pic which images to use.  Ray Liotta has some scary fuckin eyes, though.  He'd be a perfect choice for Kay's father.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Kythia

Just thought.  With the lack of Zara I'm now down a Nemesis.  Happy for another PC to step in, happy for you to make an NPC, kckolbe, or happy to replace the flaw with something else.  Let me know whats best

Chaeronea

Silver

Quote from: Chaeronea on October 20, 2013, 02:24:35 AM
Hey Silver, will you be joining this game?

It has been discussed. I may or I might just be controlling a few NPC's

I loved the show, I own all the seasons.. I am a junkie...

So say we all..

kckolbe

She and I will both be playing characters, but wanted to let you folks call first dibs on ideas.

Intro Thread

Orange Marmalade

(Stole some extra character bio bits from HA!)

Name:  Jaiden (Jay) Bryant
Callsign: Hammer
Appearance:
Height: – 5'11
Weight: – 175
Military Rank: Major
Homeworld: Scorpia

Personality: Growing up amongst the shipyards of Scorpia gave Jaiden an appreciation for starships and fighters. He loves talking about them and their histories. He has enjoys his time in the military and feels like it is a place that provides a close brotherhood that he never had from his family.

He's often fairly serious, though he does enjoy jokes on occasion - he just isn't really the best jokester, so he prefers to let others take that role. He tends to be slow to anger, but once he is angry he's been known to get into  his fair share of fights.

Background:
Jaiden was raised on Scorpia, home of most of the shipyards of the Twelve Colonies, by his father - his mother was never part of his memories and his father had always refused to talk about her. Immersed in ships of all kinds for his entire life, he knew early on that he wanted to be a pilot and he persued the dream relentlessly and signed up for the military as early as possible.

Once enlisted, he excelled under the teachings of the CAG he'd been assigned to, following orders as given and showing he had a natural knack for piloting and even teaching his fellow students. He quickly rose to be one of the more senior pilots in the ship's air group. It was his close relationship with his old CAG, in fact, that got him placed with the current Battlestar - a relationship that was too close. Such things between commanding officers and their subordinates were obviously against regulations, and Jaiden was transferred to another ship where he had to start over at the bottom.

When the attack came they were hit hard and their squad leader and CAG were KIA early on. With no immediate orders coming through, Jaiden stepped up to the plate and quickly and efficient got the ship's squads coordinated long enough to hold the enemy off until the ship was ready for FTL. During the fight his own fighter was damaged and since that day he's walked with a lump, a result of tissue damage that went untreated for too long while he remained out in the fighting.

Stats:
Agility - 3
Athletics - 2
- Strength 1
Awareness – 2
Cunning – 2
Deception - 2
Endurance – 3
- Resilience 1
Fighting - 3
Knowledge- 2
Marksmanship – 4
- Starfighter 1
Mechanics - 2
Medical - 2
Persuasion - 3
Reflexes – 4
- Starfighter Piloting 1
Status – 3
Stealth - 2
Survival – 2
Thievery - 2
Warfare – 4
- Command 1
- Strategy 1
- Tactics 1
Will – 3
- Coordinate 1

Merits:
Gifted Trainer - Starfighter Piloting
Talented - Marksmanship
Talented - Warfare
Dog Fighting I

Flaws:
Crippled (leg damaged in the escape, didn't get medical treatement early enough)
Generic Flaw - -1D Survival (Jaiden never spent time in any wilderness)
Addiction (Minor) - Stims

kckolbe

A few notes.  You spent 22 points on abilities, but for his age he only has 18.  Specialties were fine.  I am going to allow the age/rank combination, but he is currently about 2 years ahead of the average time to make major.  Expect rumors that he got close to more than one superior.  Consider it an RP flaw with no Destiny Points as a reward.  Given that he supposedly got in trouble, being promoted that quickly would be extremely suspicious.

Finally, for everyone, I am going to make it official and say only one Generic Flaw per character (again, older characters are given an exception for this provided the flaw is the kind resulting from age).

Intro Thread

Orange Marmalade

Got it! I think I was counting raises after 3 as 2 points instead of 3. I'll get that fixed up.

mia h

Quote from: Kythia on October 19, 2013, 11:46:45 PM
Yeah, it's Chris.  I, errrr, I consider myself kinda an expert on Chris Hemsworth

Oliva Wilde did an interview promoting Rush on Leno recently, appearently Mrs. Hemsworth didn't have children; Chris & Liam were grown in a special magical Hollywood vat.  :-)
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

mia h

Question about the flaws, are they permanent?
I could definately see anyone who lead the civilian fleet having the 'Out of their League' flaw at least for a short time but they could eventually get their act together and lose the flaw
If found acting like an idiot, apply Gibbs-slap to reboot system.

HeavenAbove

Quote from: mia h on October 20, 2013, 03:13:44 AM
Oliva Wilde did an interview promoting Rush on Leno recently, appearently Mrs. Hemsworth didn't have children; Chris & Liam were grown in a special magical Hollywood vat.  :-)

Hahaha that seems plausible.

kckolbe

Quote from: mia h on October 20, 2013, 03:13:44 AM
Oliva Wilde did an interview promoting Rush on Leno recently, appearently Mrs. Hemsworth didn't have children; Chris & Liam were grown in a special magical Hollywood vat [with sperm donated by Ray Liotta].  :-)

Fixed.  By the way, I want you to know that this nigh inexplicable Ray Liotta obsession is not over, HeavenAbove.  I want everyone to know that because of YOUR ACTIONS there will be an NPC played by Ray Liotta.

Quote from: mia h on October 20, 2013, 03:24:43 AM
Question about the flaws, are they permanent?
I could definately see anyone who lead the civilian fleet having the 'Out of their League' flaw at least for a short time but they could eventually get their act together and lose the flaw

Flaws can be bought off at a rate of one per chapter with GM approval.

Intro Thread

Silver

Quote from: kckolbe on October 20, 2013, 03:35:05 AM
Fixed.  By the way, I want you to know that this nigh inexplicable Ray Liotta obsession is not over, HeavenAbove.  I want everyone to know that because of YOUR ACTIONS there will be an NPC played by Ray Liotta.

He's not a good fella, he's a bad fella!

*goes to bribe KC for one little pick*

HeavenAbove

Quote from: kckolbe on October 20, 2013, 03:35:05 AM

Flaws can be bought off at a rate of one per chapter with GM approval.

I'm ok with that.

kckolbe

Quote from: HeavenAbove on October 20, 2013, 03:45:20 AM
I'm ok with that.

Here is what Ray Liotta thinks of your approval:  http://tafadhali.tumblr.com/post/15896711384/deforest-this-is-a-ray-liotta-laughing

By the way, if you want your character related to his char, let me know.

Intro Thread

Orange Marmalade

Alright, shiz is updated! :) Yay for pilots!

Silver

Thanks... Thanks everyone for giving him a Ray Liotta obsession...

*shakes her head*

HeavenAbove

Quote from: kckolbe on October 20, 2013, 03:49:14 AM
Here is what Ray Liotta thinks of your approval:  http://tafadhali.tumblr.com/post/15896711384/deforest-this-is-a-ray-liotta-laughing

By the way, if you want your character related to his char, let me know.

That reminds me of Dr. Evil from Austin Powers :P

Silver

arkhos

Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Silver