seeking guidance on not scaring humans away

Started by Vrag, September 30, 2016, 02:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vrag

Hello! I'm going to be blunt, and get the main issue out of the way right of the bat.

I've got neurological issues that make it difficult and stressful for me to pass as normal.

Part of how I cope is by letting myself... err...
I'm human, I know that, but my life is more tolerable if I just let myself indulge in the belief that I'm a dragon from space and the future. (It's complicated but it really does help me.)

Another part of my preferred coping mechanism is finding somewhere, ideally in a small group, where I can engage in role-play as a dragon from space and the future.

This is, by and large, interpreted by the managers of existing have as an attempt to insert myself in a 'reasonable' setting as something far beyond the power scale of other players in the interest of... potentially disruptive behavior.

I'm not sure how to find anyone willing to just... roll with it? Or at least compromise.

The dragon sets the phone down next to a bathroom sink and looks into the mirror. A pair of bitter, chalky pills are delicately balanced between the claws of its other hand. It inhales and braces itself, then takes a mouthful of water from the faucet and tosses back the medicine.

It chokes slightly for a moment, then swallows with a grimace.
"I'll keep pretending to be human, if I have to. I can live like this a while longer. Possibly indefinitely, you know? I just... well, get back to me if you can."

Oreo

Hi Vrag,

I have two possible suggestions. Start a request thread in either the Group Requests or One on One Request threads. The other possibility is make an open game in the Adult Socializing forum (or The Red Light District if there are to be sexual aspects) where anyone can stop in for light RP. There are other members with similar desires to play as something other than human and this might give them an outlet to make light chatter as well.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Oniya

Just as an addition, the only place that we request that people remain human is the ShoutBox/ApprovedBox.

I saw in your Preferences that you aren't a fan of lists - you might be more comfortable making an O/O thread (in the center column of the forum), where you can be more conversational in what you like/don't like in interactions.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Vrag

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Oreo

It might be a good idea to link to this topic in your opening post of the HIC::SVNT::DRACONES thread. That way creatures of all sorts will know what the Open RP is for.

Reason for HIC::SVNT::DRACONES

[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=256717.msg12680913#msg12680913]Reason for HIC::SVNT::DRACONES[/url]

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin