The Pathfinder Society of Absalom [Pathfinder System] SEEKING PLAYERS

Started by PhantomPistoleer, October 11, 2015, 08:43:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorrow Singer

There we go finished off her feats and equipment. If there's anything i forgot or something that needs adjusting gimme a poke.

Roketto

Having played (and gm'd) PFS for years, this intrigues me greatly.  I'm assuming that pre-existing characters (gear, exp, boons, etc) aren't on the menu since this isn't "technically" being done as per the organized play setup/reporting.

Still, consider me very interested.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Sorrow Singer on October 13, 2015, 12:11:40 AM
There we go finished off her feats and equipment. If there's anything i forgot or something that needs adjusting gimme a poke.

I will review your character sheet shortly!

Quote from: Roketto on October 13, 2015, 07:33:58 PM
Having played (and gm'd) PFS for years, this intrigues me greatly.  I'm assuming that pre-existing characters (gear, exp, boons, etc) aren't on the menu since this isn't "technically" being done as per the organized play setup/reporting.

Still, consider me very interested.

Hello, thank you for your interest.  Your assumption is correct!  Only first level characters will be accepted, and in turn, you won't be able to use these characters in PFS outside of E.

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on October 12, 2015, 08:45:00 PM
Society scenario play is lots of fun. :D

Hope you guys have fun

They are a lot of fun.  What I like most about them is how quickly they are resolved.

Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

PhantomPistoleer

Mr. Etienne Sinclair

Lvl 14 Human Male Rogue
HP: 140
AC: 30
Standard Perception: 24

Re: Rin

Rin had spoken to Falcon on previous occasions, so it was not inappropriate for the pair to have what the Lodge Master liked to call "a walk and talk."  Falcon was, after all, a busy man, and his office had become absolutely unbearable with all the recent paperwork.  Fortunately, he was at ease walking through the busy streets--after all, the streets had been his office for a very long time.

"I hate to be wrong," Falcon said. "I told you that you didn't have what it takes to be a Pathfinder, didn't I?  Not once, but twice.  That's the problem with a lot of folks who delve in many things at once." *

"And yet, undeterred, you went on to prove me wrong.  You're going to be a great fighter, Rin.  And you're going to be a great Pathfinder, too."

Falcon then removed a wayfinder compass from his breast pocket, and with a gloved hand, placed it in Rin's hands.

"There you go, kiddo," he said.  "Welcome aboard."

This character has been added to the record!

GM's Note:Falcon is talking about how the class is both a fighter and a mage.  Rin knows from previous conversations that Falcon believes that one cannot specialize in both at the same time.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

seanmillion

So, I'm new to this site and a bit unsure on the norms. Are we RPing in this thread? Should I respond to Sinclair?

Sorrow Singer

No this is the recruitment forum, it's used to establish a concept and find people who are interested in the role play. Traditionally when the Gm finishes preparing they will set up a in character thread for the actual game itself, and an Ooc thread for out of character discussion after the recruitment process.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: seanmillion on October 14, 2015, 12:24:23 AM
So, I'm new to this site and a bit unsure on the norms. Are we RPing in this thread? Should I respond to Sinclair?

We will not RP here.  I will open up an ambient in-character room where characters may interact outside of the scope of the missions, mission threads, and an OOC room shortly.  I accepted the characters in the manner that I did because I am feeling a bit peckish to start, and because I wanted to give characters an amorphous, but graspable foundational instruction to the Pathfinder Society.  The GMNPC already introduced will only ever assign you to cases, but this is thematically important because it is how all PFS adventures start.  Someone, usually the lodge master, has dispatched you, you have already accepted by virtue of participating, and you are just approaching the setting of the case.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Lunar Raven

KYRAS SURTOVA

Lvl 1 Half-elf Male Slayer
HP: 11
AC: 18
Standard Perception: 16

To a teacher of swordsmanship, fighting is all about the technique and balance, yet to anyone who has been in an actual duel knows it's more than just that.  Fighting an enemy is more than just about technique.  It's also about imposing your will upon them and making them believe that their battle is already lost, because this means fighting an enemy who has already accepted defeat.  It's about taking even the smallest opportunities presented to you and exploiting them thoroughly.

Kyras considers himself a practical swordsman.  Even if one's honour is intact if they lose, you don't influence others by failing.  So Kyras makes it a point to win with all means he has at his disposal, short of sacrificing friends and ally's.

GM Notice:  Can post on a daily basis (anywhere from 1-3 times), barring the occasional hiccup in RL.  No special requirements for this character; I simply intend him to serve as striker and point-man to any group he's in, though I would like the occasional chance to develop his character in game.

GUILD CARD

Experience: 0
Prestige Points: 0
Character Sheet: Mythweaver
Previous Adventures: none

Faction: Andoran
Languages: Common, Elven, Skald, Varisian

Brief History: Though born in a mostly human dominated nobility in Brevoy, Kyras was fortunate to have parents who accepted his dual nature despite prejudices.  When he wanted to become one of the famed Aldori Swordlords, his dual heritage helped again, for though the people of Restov were generally antagonistic towards Issians in general, especially the dominant nobility, they were more willing to accept a boy who was more an embarrassment to the Surtova House.

Unfortunately, successful association with the Restovites was not pleasing to upper echelons of the Issianic Surtova House, but since Kyras' father hadn't disowned the child, as was standard practice for a half-breed, Kyras still stood as a legitimate Surtova.  As an elegant, yet blatantly truculent solution, Kyras was given the 'honour' of representing his house's interest in distant Absalom.  Kyras wasn't blind to all this, but went along with it, since it represented a sort of freedom in itself.

Once in Absalom, Kyras quickly decided that a future among the Pathfinder Society would be the lightest hand on lifestyle he wanted - to travel and see new places - taking no small pains to advertise his skills and unique style of aldori swordsmanship.

Brief Personality Description: Kyras is a generally easy-going individual who lives for the day and by his own terms.  Whilst he would generally be described a pleasant sort, he has a strong penchant for glory-seeking that would see him take up unscrupulous opportunities if it would further his reputation without making dangerous enemies.  In moments of indecision, he has been known to flip a coin and let fate decide for him.  He also has a strong interest in all things elven since his only real contact with the elven part of his heritage was his mother, who had little to offer him of elven culture.  He daydreams of one day acquiring enough skill and fame to travel to distant Kyonin where he can show his skills before Queen Telendia Edasseril herself...

Though he aligns himself with the Andoran faction, he doesn't hold particularly loyalty to their doctrine of democracy - in Kyras' freeing the oppressed makes him feel good and looks good on his resume, and slavers do tend to have ill-gotten spoils lying around, don't they?  He might have easily aligned with the Cheliaxian faction for the wealth they have on offer and a chance to see the Paracountess, but he doesn't care much for all the rules, nor for devil-worship.

Ons/Offs: W.I.P.
Member of the INTP group.  What's yours?

Ons/Offs: Elliquiy; F-List
Current Status: Closed.  Only seeking a GM for a solo game.
My Tumblr Blog (NSFW; Mostly Impreg)

Lunar Raven's gallery of Desired Titillations
Idea & Request Thread

Grizzly

I'm interested.  I'm travelling at the moment and away from my pathfinder stuff but I can cobble together a character when I get back.

Are there still openings or has recruitment closed?
We few, we happy few, we band of writers;
For they this day that share words with me
Shall be my fellow; be they ne'er so vile,

Blinkin

Ok, I give up.

I've tried to download the PFS guide from Piaso three times now and all I get is a blank PDF... someone willing to tell me where I can get an actual guide, or explain to me in PM what the differences are?.. how it works?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Blinkin on October 18, 2015, 11:38:42 AM
Ok, I give up.

I've tried to download the PFS guide from Piaso three times now and all I get is a blank PDF... someone willing to tell me where I can get an actual guide, or explain to me in PM what the differences are?.. how it works?

Hello:

This is a PDF of Version 5 of the Society Rules.  The factions are a little different in Version 0.  Please cross-reference with the factions I've listed.

Quote from: Grizzly on October 17, 2015, 04:21:07 PM
I'm interested.  I'm travelling at the moment and away from my pathfinder stuff but I can cobble together a character when I get back.

Are there still openings or has recruitment closed?

I'm still looking for characters and/or waiting for people to make characters.

Quote from: Lunar Raven on October 14, 2015, 05:36:07 PM
SNIP

This character looks good, Lunar Raven.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Blinkin

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on October 18, 2015, 09:07:09 PM
Hello:

This is a PDF of Version 5 of the Society Rules.  The factions are a little different in Version 0.  Please cross-reference with the factions I've listed.

No good, the site isn't screen reader friendly. *sighs* Such is my life. Thanks for the try though.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Chulanowa

Still interested, just having trouble settling on ideas. I'm juggling a tengu rogue and a half-elf gunslinger in my head, and a halfling summoner keeps poking her nose in, too.

Also, how does the faction thing work for characters who aren't particularly close to those particular nations?

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Chulanowa on October 19, 2015, 02:48:39 PM
Still interested, just having trouble settling on ideas. I'm juggling a tengu rogue and a half-elf gunslinger in my head, and a halfling summoner keeps poking her nose in, too.

Also, how does the faction thing work for characters who aren't particularly close to those particular nations?

The characters don't need to be from those nations, but they have to be in cahoots with those nations.

Factions provide secret mini-missions in the game and award prestige points.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O