Caravanserai [Reception Area]

Started by Flower, July 05, 2018, 10:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flower

Name: Reese Leavenworth
Date | Time: June 16th 2020 | 3pm
Wearing: This
Tagging:  Gabriel, Breezy

“Yeah,” Reese said with an enthusiastic smile, more than willing to trade tales from their adventures. Maybe she might discover her next destination from him? It wouldn’t happen anytime soon though as she needed to save money. “I hope you have a blast here. If you need any more suggestions, just call or even drop by here.”

With him taken care of, she shifted her full attention to Ms. Garin. Confusion flashed across her expression for a second until she realized her earlier mistake. Communication was hard sometimes.

“That’s the one I was referring to actually,” she said with an apologetic smile. “Sorry! I didn’t mean to get you excited. They’re so close together I tend to think of them as one unit rather than two separate ones. I do know there are some scopes on the roof?” She offered those options in a questioning tone, not sure if that would pique her interest or not. “Great view and more intimate if you want to take a friend.”

Soon, the actual reason for her visit came to the light. It was hard not to think about all the ways melted chocolate could make such a mess. Doing so made her blush.

“Of course!” A chuckle escaped despite her best efforts to contain herself. “I’ll send someone right up. Best to clean it sooner than later.” Reese swiped her card through the machine and made a quick note. “There shouldn't be an additional cost. If there is, I doubt it will break the bank. If it's still wet, all it takes is cold water and dishwashing liquid.”

Devilyn Sydhe

Name: RJ Davenport
Date | Time: June 16, 2020 | 3pm
Wearing: White polo shirt, khakis, mirrored sunglasses
Tagging: Open

As he rested on the examination table in nothing but a paper covering, RJ sighed wondering if this was what his next forty years held in store for him.  Part of him even began to think his father got out lucky, but such morbid thoughts were soon disrupted as the near elderly Dr. Cole re-entered.  He was a stern grandfatherly man who had been a friend of Davenport Sr. and had known RJ nearly all his life.  The look of concern etched on the old doc's features was unforgettable.

Before that scolding diagnosis could once more echo through RJ's mind, however, he would find himself jolted back to the present by the disgruntled sound of the beast he now rode.  He had been riding in this caravan for longer than he cared to consider and his bones told the tale of it.  As he pondered yet another fruitless protest as to whether this was all necessary, his destination oasis came into view causing him to bite his tongue and relax.   Despite the heat, the stench and the apparent foolishness of this security detail which had been forced upon him, the trip seemed, for the first time, possibly worthwhile.  There wasn't a source of danger within an hundred miles, unless one counted the assault the ride had committed against his back, so this place could quite literally be just what the doctor ordered.

Stepping down from the camel, RJ stretched in futile attempt to relax his kinks and felt thankful for the pair of mirrored sunglasses which had kept him from going sun blind and now allowed the view of this grand resort.  He continued to silently affirm how this could become a home away from home though he wasn't sure whether he needed a hot shower, a stiff drink, or a beautiful...good company worst of all.  RJ watched as the men with him gathered his luggage before leading them inward.  Just across the threshold he would pause to take a deep cleansing breath before glancing back toward his bags.  An assuring nod that he could take things by himself going forward was met by a blank stare from those who had seen him this far.  Moments of awkward silence built until RJ finally sighed and withdrew his wallet, offering an adequate amount to finally gain a nod from one of the men as they then allowed a waiting bellhop to take possession of his belongings.  As the guards disappeared through the door, RJ took his sunglasses in hand and pressed a smile to his lips as he began moving toward the front desk in hopes of masking the preceding moments. 

Peripherie

Name: Brielle "Breezy" Garin
Date | Time:  June 16th 2020, 3pm
Wearing: pink shorts grey teeshirt, and flipflops - comfy clothes
Tagging:Staff/Reese, Gabriel, mentioning the new arrival, open

'Hmmm..." Breezy pondered and then was soon to be flushed across her cheeks and nose as well. "I think that was my mistake. I've been up on the roof but not to the Observator proper, maybe." She paused to look over her shoulder where the man who had come in before her was sitting. She wondered how much he was overhearing. "Obviously I should check out both again, just to clear up my confusion." She smiled at that - never one to pass up more stargazing.

A sigh of relief followed by a calm to the color of her cheeks as the chocolate incident would be resolved without any scolding. "You think so? Well... it may have been there for a bit but not too long. I just feel really bad and wanted to make it right, ya know?" She smiled as her shoulders released and relaxed to match the casual demeanor of her outfit. "Thank you so much for your help, Reese." She gave a genuine smile of gratitude before taking her card back. That might have been the cue for her exit back to her room, in spite of her curiosity about the man who had been rocking the cool headscarf, had the main doors not opened.

More guests? The lobby was the place to be it seemed. Breezy tucked her room card into her back pocket and slipped over to stand next to the couch where the man sat with his luggage - out of the way. "Hi, I'm Brielle." She extended her hand in greeting but kept the latest arrival in view from the corner of her eye. He had an air about him that he could have owned the place.

Trying not to be more than one kind of snoop today, she turned to focus fully on the man who Reese had assumed was an architect. "I don't want to keep you from getting settled but I've been here for a little over a week if you ever want recommendations of what to do."
"Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher
storm, but to add color to my sunset sky." - Rabindranath Tagore

Lady Sakura

Name:  Natasha
Date | Time: June 16th | 3pm
Wearing:  Uniform
Tagging: RJ

A quick sip was taken from her tumbler's straw after she had just finished checking in their latest guests. She wondered when it was going to be time to clock out. While everyone was trying to check into paradise, she was trying to clock out. Just two more hours. Actually, if she could work a little overtime that might take a little stress away, but not the stress of dealing with people who didn't seem to have a care in the world.

That was when dark brown eyes lifted catching the sight of another guest approaching, this one, with his entourage. Internally, she rolled her eyes. Rich people problems, huh?

"Welcome to Caravanserai. May I have a form of Identification and the credit card used to purchase your reservation please."  She requested after plastering a robotic smile across red lips. The quicker she got him check in, the quicker she could move on to finishing her check list.

Lassiter

Name: Malcolm Casey Reynolds
Date | Time: June 16th/1530 hours
Wearing: Tan Jacket & Slacks/White button up shirt/sunglasses
Tagging: Open/Front Desk Staff

The ride, if one could call it that had been uneventful, truthfully he was just glad to be at the hotel.  His employer, Daniel Phillips was CEO of one of the largest tech firms on the East Coast of the US.  No weapons were allowed anywhere in the resort, if one could call it that.  He'd been all over the globe but nothing he'd come across matched this place, plus how they got here.  Riding in on a camel, well there was always a first for him, and he truly wondered if such an ordeal was worth it.  He soon focused his thoughts elsewhere, surveying the immediate area, and everyone he could clearly see.  It made him uncomfortable, not having some way to defend himself, but he wasn't helpless.  It also provided him with a sense no one else would have any either.  As his boss focused on checking in at the front desk, he waited patiently remaining quiet, but close just in case.  This was his first time he'd ever come here, knowing it was a place not for the likes of men like him.  And truthfully he was never one for such a lavish lifestyle, and he knew he stood out like a sore thumb.  The clerk had asked, rather politely for his ID and credit card, and was amazed at how quickly she got it done.  He had gotten them two rooms, next to each other on the top floor, and Malcolm was impressed at what money could buy. 

He pocketed his key card in his front pocket, not wanting to lose it, the first thing he would do is ensure both rooms were safe.  His employer would then want some privacy, so he'd figured he would do some sightseeing and get a lay of the land.  Threats could come from anywhere, and he was not one for taking any sort of chances, but he had to admit this place didn't seem all that bad.  Before they departed the front desk however, Daniel informed them, to arrange a tour for Malcolm, to help him get acquainted.  He almost objected but no harm would come of it, so he remained quiet.

RedPhoenix

Name: Becky Washington
Date | Time: The Time that Becky Leaves
Wearing: (as pictured)
Tagging: Closed for Elizabeth

The hours had passed and the goodbyes had been bittersweet. So many fond memories and so many nice times, promises to stay in touch, exchange of information, and close hugs had punctuated her wait in the bar. Now it was time to finally leave.

She walked from the bar, rolling her carryons behind her towards the lobby, where she was to meet the camels that would take her back to nearest civilization to head to the airport. She turned around and gave the lobby one last smile before she moved to walk out the doors.
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs | Canon in Red
I move the stars for no one.

Elizabeth Ecsed

Name: Elizabeth

Date | Time: The Time That Becky Leaves

Wearing: her traditional long sleeve button up, in emerald green, with camera bag and sketch pad. Also the emerald earrings from the stoplight party, hidden most of the time behind her hair.

Tagging: Becky, closed.

Elizabeth sat in a chair in the lobby, watching the waterfall. Her art gear was to the side, and her staff, now sans yellow ribbon, was being absentmindedly rolled between her hands.

She levered herself up out of the luxurious leather chair as she saw Becky. Waving, she lifted up a slender leather folder, holding it out to the other woman. "Becky! I heard you were leaving today. I drew you a picture. But don't open it till you get home, ok?"

The folder contained a piece of normal printer paper partially covering a larger drawing on much better quality paper. The cover sheet had a somewhat scrawled message saying 'I told you not to open this till you got home!!!!' and a pencil sketch of a mildly cartoonish Elizabeth making a frowny face.

Contrary to the childishness of the sketch and the term 'drew you a picture', the actual artwork was clearly from a  naturally talented mistress of her craft, bolstered by countless hours of practice.

The picture was in pen and pencil, showing Becky in an only slightly more modest dress, in motion, either dancing or just going after something, or somebody, hair streaming out behind her. It was nearly photorealistic, but Elizabeth had emphasized the curiosity in Becky's eyes, the grace and passion, the sheer unbridled energy and kindness of the other woman. Becky's picture of herself was outright radiant, and across the bottom of the paper, Elizabeth had carefully inked in the words, 'FIND YOUR JOY'.

She had a small, awkward signature in the corner, and the date.

RedPhoenix

Name: Becky Washington
Date | Time: The Time that Becky Leaves
Tagging: Closed for Elizabeth

Becky was, as Becky tended to, smiling before she'd even processed who it was calling out to her. "Oh hi you!" She said, leaning down to hug Elizabeth so she didn't have to get up.

"Yeah, uh, gonna run out of money if I stay here much longer." She laughed. It wasn't exactly true, but it wasn't exactly false either. "We gotta stay in touch though, and you gotta let me know if you're ever in . . . " she trailed of. "Well honestly I don't know where I'm gonna end up so we gotta keep in touch." She laughed. Her phone out now, back in her hands for the first time since this vacation started, she traded contact information with the redhead.

"Oh, thanks!" Becky said, looking rather touched as she carefully accepted the gift. She had already moved to open it before Elizabeth told her not to and she stopped. "Oh, well, I'll try." She said obviously very curious about what it was.

The noise of the camels outside signaled she had no more time, and Becky waved at the man to signal she was on her way. "Okay okay I gotta go." She said, pausing the look Elizabeth in the eyes with her own - a soft, gentle, loving expression on her face. "I mean it. I wanna see you down the road." She said. "Promise?"

She wrapped the slighter woman up tight, squeezing her against her own warm body, holding her there for just a moment. "Don't make wait 'til next lifetime okay?" She smiled, turning just as the camels brayed again.

"Okay okay I'm coming geez!" Becky laughed, putting a hop in her step as she turned to wave one last time before she vanished out the doors.

It was a several hours and a few time zones on top of it later that she looked at the leather folder. She was lying back in her first class seat, her last extravagance as she flew back to the first of several stops on her way back to California.

Don't open til you get home. The words rang in her head. She reached for the folder.

A moment later she had laughed and closed it again, Elizabeth's scolding visage making her feel like she'd been caught. "Okay okay fine." She said putting it back down.

A few minutes later she was staring at it again.

And a few minutes after that Elizabeth's phone buzzed.

There were no words, just a video. It was a clip of Becky from her phone, held up above her and pointed down as she lay back in the airline chair.

"Hey um, hope I didn't wake you up. I know it's like way in the dark there." She began, her lips trembling a bit, "But I just had to ..." she clearly was struggling to find the words and keep her composure.

She tilted the phone so that it showed the picture lying next to her, in the spacious airline chair in the first class section. She panned back to her own face, the tears in her eyes showing how touched she'd been. "Elizabeth." She whispered. "I just..." she closed her lips and her eyes for a second, the words she couldn't find, but her face said it all. "Nobody's ever..." she took a breath to stop from sniffling. "Thank you." She whispered.

She looked right at where her eyes would be on the redhead when she watched the video, pressed her fingers to her lips and then to her phone, and closed it.

"Thank you." She whispered again, turning back to the painting and gazing at it fondly, pausing only to carefully slip it back in its protective cover as she started to finally drift away, dreaming of the place in the sands she'd always remember.

Elizabeth Ecsed

Name: Elizabeth

Date | Time: The Time That Becky Leaves

Wearing: her traditional long sleeve button up, in emerald green, with camera bag and sketch pad. Also the emerald earrings from the stoplight party, hidden most of the time behind her hair.

Tagging: Becky, closed.

The redhead laughed at the hug, surprised by it for a second... Knowing that she shouldn't have been surprised at all.

Elizabeth winced as Becky mentioned money... She had a expensive, if older, camera, an emerald necklace, and a plane ticket home... But not much else. Especially not in her bank account.

"I have a job interview here really soon... And if that doesn't work out, I'll be back in Savannah. Apollo... Uhm, is going to be, well, sponsoring an art show in Savannah, or maybe Atlanta, or both...  I'd like it if you came."

She hesitated under Becky's stare. The love there was confusing her, and she bit her lip, looking a little bit anxious. "I... I can't really... Promise... I'm not much of a traveler... But you are always welcome wherever I end up. "

She smiled, waving at Becky's back. She had picked the lobby specifically to avoid long goodbyes, consciously or probably unconsciously.

She sighed softly, turning to go do what she always did in these situations.... Go for a walk.

----------

It was more than a day before Becky got a response, since Elizabeth had had to hook her phone up to a computer in the business center to even see her texts.

She played the video several times, chin in her hands as she watched it. Wiping at her own tears, she paused with her hands over the keyboard.

Eventually, she typed out "You lasted longer than I thought you would!! You're welcome. I really appreciated your help with everything. Take care of yourself."

She added a little heart and sent the message.

GMfortheages

Name: Sir. Edward Carrington.
Date | Time: December 2020 8pm
Wearing: Wearing a dark suit with a dark neck tie.

He walked in the hotel lobby and looked around. He had not been on a camel since his last tour in Saudi Arabia and was happy to see the wonderfully ugly creatures once again. He was not nervous as he always told himself to stand tall in new places, after all he had been apart of the Queen's Special Task unit and been in god-forsaken parts of the world. Still, the quietness made him uneasy. He was eager to finally take a break from his life back in the world and finally get the chance to focus on himself. All that he was carrying, at the moment of walking up to the front desk, was his trusty notebook, which he always had without fail, and a book that was written a president of a faraway country whom he was destined to work for once he returned home. He was impressed by the elegance of the hotel and was quite thrilled to have finally arrived. He patted his suit down ensuring that his wallet was ready to hand to the receptionist. He did not intend to stay long but was unsure for how long he would be here. The hotel lobby seemed empty but there were signs of life as he looked around.

He walks in the lobby looks around and says, "Excuse me, I have just arrived and am wondering where to check in." His light British accent coming through his charming smile.

Elizabeth Ecsed

Name: Adela
Date | Time: June,
Wearing: as pictured
Tagging: Sir Edward open.

Adela came up to the desk, putting on her warm, but absolutely professional smile. She noted the suit and utterly controlled demeanor.

Soldier. Not going to cause problems, politely English. Probably wants either a fourth floor room or a ground floor escape plan. She thought idly.

"Greetings, Sir, and welcome to Caravanserai, the paradise in the sands. If you have a reservation, I will happily check you in. If not, we have rooms available in all four tiers of luxury and amenities, on all four floors. The ground floor ones have a walker courtyard with a private pool. All the rooms on the East side are completely quiet, while the ones on the West side very occasionally get noise from the nightclub, bar, or movie theaters."

XERACION

Name: Garrison Mayne
Date | Time: 8:48 PM, 03/29/2020
Wearing: Suit Jacket, White Button-Up, Slacks, dress shoes.
Location/ Lobby Desk
Tagging: None. Open. .

Garrison cleared his throat as his taxi arrived at the front doors. He casually handed the man the fare for his trip as he left the taxi, quietly removing his light luggage from the trunk. He popped the bar out of the bag and casually rolled it along behind him. A quick glance at his watch allowed him note the time. He smirked before walking through the doors.

He quietly looked around, admiring the design plans, architecture and the distinct differences in this hotel compared to the many others he had stayed in before hand. He also casually paid attention to the guests, trying to ascertain their past, present and future. Whether they were worth investing time in to grow his network or not.  Though most did not catch his eye immediately.

With another clearing of his throat, he confidently stride up to the check in desk, gazing about and not noticing anyone immediately. He looked about and then rang a small service bell, letting his arm relax on his luggage bar next to him. He was eager, confident and nervous. ’Boss better be telling the truth saying it’s worthwhile to be here...’ It was a quiet thought in his head as he awaited service.

RedPhoenix

Name: Maylin Alvarez
Date | Time: Evening of March 29th
Tagging: Garrison Mayne (XERACION)

"Mister Mayne!" Came the voice, every bit delighted to see the man finally arrive. Maylin emerged from behind the covering wall that hid the exit to the back office area. "I had just stepped back to see if the camels were delayed. I hope you didn't mind riding them too much!" She smiled at him, seeing the dust that normally accumulated on people from the rather unorthodox way that all guests arrived. "Is this all of your luggage?" She asked, seeing the pile that the porters had brought in next to him.

"Maylin Alvarez," she introduced herself with an extended hand and a smile, "I have been looking forward to welcoming you ever since I took the reservation from your company, and I am delighted to be welcoming you to Caravanserai and if you ever need anything all you have to do is call me." She liked her guests to know she took a personal stake in making sure they felt comfortable and happy in their vacations in a hotel she helped manage.

"We of course have your room ready just as you requested." She said, handing him over a passkey that had her direct cell line written on it as well as the many desk options. "Thank you for sending us your device's information in advance they will connect to the wifi automatically as arranged, if there are any others just let me know and we'll set them up!" She said brightly as the porters began to take his luggage up, then leaned in and whispered conspiratorially, "And if there are any you'd rather didn't work while you were here we can arrange that too." She said with a smile, obviously a service that those with work devices would sometimes take her up on.

"I'm so glad your company chose to use us." She smiled at him. "I'm very much hoping we can keep working together, so if there is anything at all you would like just let me know! If you'd like to stop off for a drink first I can show you to the bar, or if you'd like a tour of the grounds I'd be happy to take you, or if you'd just like to head straight on up of course that's fine too, just let me know what you'd like me to bring you once you get settled in. We are your home while you're here after all!"

All the while she talked to him like he was an old, good friend, and she couldn't be happier that he'd stopped by and was obviously very interested in ensuring that Caravanserai and Garrison's company kept up the good business relationship, as well as taking personal pride in all of her guests feeling welcomed and happy to be there.

XERACION

Name: Garrison Mayne
Date | Time: 8:48 PM, 03/29/2020
Wearing: Suit Jacket, White Button-Up, Slacks, dress shoes.
Location/ Lobby Desk
Tagging: Maylon Alveraz [PhoenixRed]

At the sound of Maylin’s voice, Garrisons’ eyes opened wide. To his surprise as she bounced out happy, genuinely happy and ever so receptive, his mouth continued to drop. At her questions he curtly nodded, his hair slightly a mess and obviously not as tamed as he usually kept it. ”Ah yes. No the camels were... different but not entirely unpleasant. I rather enjoyed the time outside of modern transportation and yes, that would be all of my luggage, Ms. Alveraz.” He extended his hand, gently taking hers and offering a modest and courteous shake as he dipped his head lightly.

At the sight of how gorgeous and refined she appeared, he quietly tidied his own suit, feeling slightly self conscious of how appeared in his present state. He was, after all, A VP of a major stock trading company that reveled in billions of dollars of business. He offered her a smile that showed off beautiful white teeth as he checked his watch, thinking momentarily.

His eyes quietly drifted back up to Maylin again as he kept his smile, continuing to speak in a deep and confident voice. One that commanded respect and trust. ”I do believe that my cellphone reception and WiFi both should ah... Be spotty at best if you understand?” He chuckled lightly at his own words, obviously intent on enjoying this vacation he had so proudly earned.

Her next words truly peaked his interest, his eyes finally locking in place to meet hers, his charming smile still at the forefront of his appearance. He quietly undid the top button of his white shirt, clearing his throat. ”Well, if you would be so kind as to ah, show me to the bar for a drink and then maybe a tour? I do believe you would make the best guide as your personality is very fitting of a hotel of this stature.” Flattery. That was the name of his game in almost every instance.

He quietly pocketed the pass key in his forefront suit jacket pocket, his eyes never once leaving Maylin’s. It wasn’t an intentionally uncomfortable stare down. No, he was merely trying to assess her and get a feel for her intentions. He was trying to read her body language before listening to her words. He was almost astounded by her gracious personality as a host.

RedPhoenix

Date | Time: Evening of March 29th
Tagging: Garrison Mayne (XERACION)

Maylin grinned as Garrison expressed a desire to have bad service.

"Of course we do all we can to keep you in constant communication with your colleagues overseas, but oh you know," she said casually, with a wave of her hand as she pulled out her cell phone and started quickly hitting options in a rather complex interface. "We're very remote and the satellite sometimes," she shrugged as if she didn't understand how it worked, "I mean what can you do?" As she finished putting in option's Garrison's cell went from full bars to 'Searching' instantly.

The cell phone returned to the clip on the side of her dress, hopefully the only thing she needed to do her job as there certainly weren't any pockets on that tight little number, Maylin smiled, obviously thrilled to provide such a confidential service for her guest.

"Well, absolutely." She said with a smile, as if she thought he'd never ask, tapping a few buttons on the screen behind the desk to summon another attendant. There were no more guests expected tonight, but it was good to have someone here for the old school guests who liked to come talk to someone face to face. She walked around the desk, wide hips swaying pleasantly as the view of her from the waist down revealed her heels and her perfect poise in them. She slipped a hand under his forearm and took it, smiling up at him, not seeming to mind at all that he had the dust of the road about him. Offering to take him to the bar was not just lip service, she was truly happy to do it.

"Come with me to the bar please, Sir, we'll get you something nice to take the edge off." She proceeded to lead him in that direction.

AForgeMaster

Name: Tibb
Date | Time: Late on the night of May 12th
Wearing? Hot pink suit, matching bow tie, deep blue shirt and oxfords.

I walked in the front doors to the lobby. Pausing I took in my surroundings. Three exits, for guests that is. Possibly up to four more available to workers. Four workers doors. No private security seen, one staff at desk, multiple visible guests but none of any threat fact- I really need to stop that, this is vacation. I walked to the counter for check in with my ID and credit card In hand. Hello, I'd like to check into my room now.

Snow Nix

Name: Jennifer Lux
Date | Time:  May 13th, Late Afternoon
Wearing: Desert brown shorts, white tank top, hiker's back pack, cloth hat, and hiking boots
Tagging: Staff behind the front desk

Jennifer walks through the front lobby doors in the late afternoon. She's dressed in desert brown shorts that reach down to just above her knees, hiking boots, and a white tank top rather stained by dirt and sweat and is tied up at the bottom in the front. She's rather filthy, hair a mess (though it's obvious there was a brief attempt at straitening it out before entering), covered in days of sweat from the long walk, and a little burnt though hard to tell until you look closer because of her tan. She has a hikers back pack on with all sorts of camping and hiking gear hanging from it, and a short brimmed dark olive green canvas hat aged by the years of outdoor adventure. She couldn't afford the camel ride and opted to walk to Caravanserai as she had done all over the country. She's rather aware of the fact she's extremely under dressed and wondering if she really should have come. This place is way out of her league.

She presses forward after an ever so slightly brief pause at the door to take it all in, trying her best to avoid eye contact with anyone. She takes long strides up to the front desk, trying to get the awkward entrance she just made of herself over with.
"Er...hello" she said timidly "I erm...well you see I don't actually have much in the way of currency" she spurts out "but if you have any job openings I'm very friendly and ready to take on any position!" as she finishes she finally lifts her eyes from the desk and makes eye contact, for the first time since arriving, with the desk attendant.

RedPhoenix

Date | Time: when Jennifer Lux arrives
Tagging: Jennifer Lux (Snow Nix)

Maylin was behind the desk, typing away as she finished some emails, when the door binged to let her know someone was coming in. That was very odd, Maylin couldn't remember the last time someone had just shown up at Caravanserai without taking the camels or one of the unlicensed services that would take money to run their cars out here.

Glancing up at the figure that walked in Maylin's eyes instantly widened with concern and she grabbed a large cool water container from under the desk and walked around it quickly, meeting the woman as she approached the counter and pressing the water into her hands, she listened to her with a mix of horror and awe in her eyes.

"Did you walk here?" She asked, stunned. "Across the Sahara?" Maylin motioned for her to drink. She had to be dehydrated, badly. Hopefully it wasn't too far, she noted the camping gear and hoped it had been from a site and not the nearest city.

"We'll...I...." Maylin paused. "Well, yes, actually, we've just had one of our staff announce they are leaving I was just about to start the process of posting the ad I ..." she blinked. This was a crazy coincidence. "I'm going to put you up in empty room for tonight, gratis,  and send you some food, we can talk about the job tomorrow. Just...are you feeling okay? Let me get your information..."

After ensuring that Jennifer was not about to pass out, Maylin would collect some basic info from her and get her to her room.

Snow Nix

Name: Jennifer Lux
Date | Time:  May 13th, Late Afternoon
Wearing: Desert brown shorts, white tank top, hiker's back pack, cloth hat, and hiking boots
Tagging: Staff/Maylin Alvarez

Jennifer graciously took the bottle of water and took a long drought of it before realizing she was probably being rude "thank you very much! I have been walking for about 4 days now and ran out of water yesterday. Didn't have enough to afford a more traditional method of transit to get here but heard amazing things about this place and had to see it for myself" she took another, more normal, drink of the water and then capped it off.
"Thank you very much for your hospitality! Looking forward to discussing the position as well but wouldn't mind taking you up on the offer for some rest first..."she paused and looked down at herself "...and perhaps a shower to freshen up." After introducing herself she gives Maylin the basic information she needs and follows her to the room.

SepiaSunfury

Name: Sepia Sunfury
Date | Time: May 13th, after the camels have arrived
Wearing: black high heels, nearly brown now from sand. A fitted red dress she assumed would be suitable for a fancy place like this. Red teardrop earrings with gold borders.
Tagging: Open, looking to see if there is anyone behind the front desk

The uneven tap of a combination of high heels and a saddle-sore gait preceded Sepia's entrance. She looked around the lobby to see who was there (was that a dusty archeologist and fancy staff member disappearing from sight?) and straightened her shoulders, trying to portray a confidence she didn't feel. Pulling a suitcase on wheels that probably was shiny before the final bit of the trip, she tried to keep her pace even as she approached the front desk. Even so, every other footstep revealed the edge of a large black bruise on her left thigh. The small tear in her dress was probably new, surely she wasn't the first to be surprised by the camels. Her brownish red curls, now windblown, gave her a slightly ravished look she surely did not intend.

"Hello?" she called out, vaguely glancing back and forth. She stumbled once as she closed the distance and putting a steadying hand on the desk looked around quickly to see if anyone noticed her misstep.

RedPhoenix

Date | Time: when Sepia Sunfury arrives
Tagging: Sepia Sunfury (SepiaSunfury)

Maylin was returning as Sepia entered the lobby, tablet in hand. It was turning out to be a busy day!

"Hello!" She said, hop-stepping to make it up to the desk before Sepia had to wait too long. Maylin's big smile and friendly demeanor shone as she greeted her latest desk. "Ms. Sunfury, I presume? Your room is ready for you!" She said, sounding proud as she pressed a few buttons on her tablet to pull things up.

"If I can just get your signature here," she held out the tablet for Sepia to mark, "you should be all set!"

Maylin handed Sepia a bottle of cold water and a chocolate chip cookie. Her eyes glanced up and down the woman, noticing, but not lingering on the slight tear in the dress and her slightly disheveled countenance.

"Is there anything else I can get you, or would you like to go straight to your room?"

SepiaSunfury

Name: Sepia Sunfury
Date | Time: May 13, early evening
Wearing: black high heels, nearly brown now from sand. A fitted red dress she assumed would be suitable for a fancy place like this. The dress has a small tear. Red teardrop earrings with gold borders.
Tagging: Maylin Alvarez (RedPhoenix), open

"Thank you!" Maylin's cheerful, confident attitude put Sepia at her ease. She signed the tablet and reached for the items, pausing for just a second in indecision about how to carry everything. She released her suitcase so as to have two free hands for her welcoming gifts. A click, clack sound could be heard as the case tipped back to vertical.

"Could I… Could you show me to the bar please? I mean if there is someone who wouldn't mind carrying my luggage up to my room for me? I think…" she pushed a crick out of her back, "I think a drink would be nice after that ride."

RedPhoenix

Date | Time: when Sepia Sunfury arrives
Tagging: Sepia Sunfury (SepiaSunfury)

"Oh absolutely." Maylin agreed, as the bellboys were already coming to take Sepia's luggage up to her room.

"We have several wonderful bars and a world class restaurant that would love to cater to your every whim." She smiled, "With what we have in supply of course." She gave an easy laugh as she led Sepia away from the front desk and towards The Mirage

LocusVonErich

Name: Joseph Edwards
Date | Time: 1 July 2025
Wearing: Black button down open to the solar plexus, sleeves rolled up to the elbow and black slacks

Joseph would wheel his luggage into the reception area. Lucky for him, there wasn’t much of a line of people checking in yet. He had seemingly beaten the crowd of people that had been on the ferry. After about five minutes, he would be next in line, stepping up to the desk. “Nautilus Deluxe, reservation under Edwards, Joseph.” He said to the woman behind the desk.

“Yes, we have a credit for the first three days of your stay, having stayed with us before, of course. And you paid up through the month after that. You will be staying in Nautilus Deluxe Number Five. Here is your complementary map of the resort, if you have any questions, your room has a telephone and you can call the front desk. Enjoy your stay, Mr. Edwards.” The woman was in full professional mode, she reminded him of a clerk that worked at one of Ishmael’s hotels. After a quick exchange of pleasantries, Joseph would take his leave to his room.