PM Count Incorrect

Started by Autumn Sativus, May 21, 2012, 01:08:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Autumn Sativus

I don't know if it's just me and I am aware this is an ongoing issue that pops up once in a while, but lately (let's say the past 2 weeks?) every time I get a PM, the 1 new message sticks around for 15-20 minutes after I've read the message. I thought it might be worth checking in to since it seems to be happening almost every time now instead of just once in a while.
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Trieste

Do you mean at the top of the screen or at the left of the PM itself?

Autumn Sativus

Both. It'll say at the top in red that I have a new message, and next to My messages will have a [1] and in my messages my inbox will have a [1]. :-\
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Trieste

Dunno what's up with the top one but the other ones will stick around for a few minutes. I think it happens to everyone.

Oreo

It happened to me once and lasted about six hours. I went and clicked on all the PMs on the inbox page and after clicking on the fifth message the glitch went away, even though the message didn't have a 'new' sign. :-\

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

jouzinka

I have a different "problem." When I open E, my messages will say: "You have X messages, Y of which are new." When I click anywhere (not the messages, but the board, Unread topics/replies, bookmarks...), they mark themselves read in that very instant, without me even taking a look at them.

I'm really looking forward to the new CMS...
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Beguile's Mistress

It happens to me, too, now and then.  I've simply grown accustomed to it and keep an eye on the total number of messages when I refresh.  I'll check if that number changes. 

MagicalPen

I'm in the same boat as Saffron. Even after I've clicked on all the new Unread PMs, it still hangs around for a few minutes.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games