Hidden in the Smoke - D&D 5E {Iron Kingdoms} Recruiting

Started by Kakihara, January 08, 2024, 07:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marie Reynolds

Looking at Steampunk and Diesel punk art is not bad for this setting.  I would not worry about looking for Winterguard images. I doubt your character would still where the uniform. That is what I did searches for.

Kakihara

Quote from: Hexed on January 25, 2024, 05:24:52 AMThe image search is always a pain even if you save good ones all the time. :D

Do got a question though. Rhulfolk traits are fairly incomplete compared to the other races and it mentions they're a subrace so does that mean they get all the dwarf goodies and the Rhulfolk stuff?
I'll look into this after work Hexed when I can access all my books and material.  I did notice just with a quick glance that yeah, they don't list like age and some other things like they do on the two elf races so it's kind of strange.  I'll confirm what I have and let you know either here or via PM.

Revelation

Still interested but been monster busy, so I might not be able to push idea to text until later tonight or tomorrow. Though it also seems like the game has a fairly healthy amount of players as well!

Kakihara

Quote from: Hexed on January 25, 2024, 05:24:52 AMThe image search is always a pain even if you save good ones all the time. :D

Do got a question though. Rhulfolk traits are fairly incomplete compared to the other races and it mentions they're a subrace so does that mean they get all the dwarf goodies and the Rhulfolk stuff?
Ok, after further looking over the stuff, I guess that the designers got lazy on the Dwarf race and did them as a subrace for some reason.  And for some reason IK 5E has no errata, which honestly seems a bit weird even if they play tested in the kickstarter.  But based on the main book wording, minus the ability score increases, since they come from your Essence, you would get all the main Dwarf bonus from the Players Handbook along with the Rhulic Dwarf stuff tacked on.

Kakihara

Quote from: Revelation on January 25, 2024, 01:01:40 PMStill interested but been monster busy, so I might not be able to push idea to text until later tonight or tomorrow. Though it also seems like the game has a fairly healthy amount of players as well!
Up to you, totally understand being busy, but I think we only have two finalized and one WIP that was posted so you have time if you want.  I know at least one interested party that still hasn't finalized stuff on their idea so you should have time if you want to submit.

Muse

I got my character sheet to update.  I think i got the proficieicies right this time.  I updated the history extensively including a mentor tho tuaught me formal gun mage skills but also an event where i started picking them up spontainiously
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Marie Reynolds

shengami

Am I on the hunt for a story? - Not especially...
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Hexed

(No clue how I broke format so many times but here's mechanics as I work on entering the story info)

Name:Dira of Oreblood
Player: hexed
Character Age: 55
Personality
Backstory
Family Information
…..
RACE        Dwarf (Rhulic)                CLASS/LEVEL  Monk / 01
ESSENCE: Agile                             BACKGROUND: Explorer
BACKGROUND(cont.)  ................                  ALIGNMENT  ....................

score  mod.    save                        score  mod.    save
 CHARISMA    {10}    [+0]    (+0)            CONSTITUTION {14}    [+2]    (+2)
 DEXTERITY   {16}    [+3]    (+5)            INTELLIGENCE  {8}      [-1]     (-1)
 STRENGTH    {10}    [+0]    (+2)            WISDOM          {16}    [+3]    (+3)

ARMOR CLASS [16]      SPEED  [35]      INITIATIVE [+3]      PROFICIENCY [+2]
 HIT POINTS:          -maximum [10]        -current [10]        -temporary [..]
 DEATH SAVES:      -successes[./3]      -failures [./3]        HIT DIE [1d8+2]

[+5] ... ACROBATICS (Dex)   -c                  [+5] ... MEDICINE (Wis) -r
 [+3] ... ANIMAL HANDLING (Wis)                [+1-] ... NATURE (Int) -b
 [-1] ... ARCANA (Int)                                 [+5] ... PERCEPTION (Wis) -b
 [+0] ... ATHLETICS (Str)                            [+0] ... PERFORMANCE (Cha)
 [+0] ... DECEPTION (Cha)                          [+0] ... PERSUASION (Cha)
 [-1] ... HISTORY (Int)                                [-1] ... RELIGION (Int)
 [+5] ... INSIGHT (Wis)   -r                         [+3] ... SLEIGHT OF HAND (Dex)
 [+0] ... INTIMIDATION (Cha)                      [+5] ... STEALTH (Dex) -c
 [-1] ... INVESTIGATION (Int)                      [+3] ... SURVIVAL (Wis)

weapon/power    bonus    damage    damage type            notes
Unarmed Strike     [+5]      [1d4+3]   Bludgeoning     .........................
Spear                   [+5]      [1d6+3]   Piercing            thrown (20/60) versatile (1d8)
Darts (10)            [+5]      [1d4]        Piercing           finesse, thrown (20/60)

RACE / CLASS / ESSENCE / BACKGROUND FEATURES
  feature                        notes                                     source
Darkvision       within 60ft see in dim light as if it were     ...Race
bright and in darkness as if it was dim light. No colour only shades of gray
Dwarven Resilience    Advantage on saving throws          ...Race  
against poison, resistance against poison damage
Dwarven Combat Training  Proficiency in battleaxe,          ...Race
handaxe, light hammer, and warhammer
Tool Proficiency   Gain proficiency with 1 artisian's tool      ...Race
out of smith's tools, brewer's supplies, or mason's tools
Stonecunning   when making history checks related to     ...Race 
age of stonework considered proficient in history skill and double proficiency bonus
Firearms Training   Proficiency with Carbines                    ...Race
Master Craftsman   Proficiency with tinker tools. Can        ...Race
craft magic items in 50gp increments instead of 25gp, mundane in 15 gp increments
Oathbound     A formal oath that cannot intentionally be  ...Race
broken in any way. When performing a task related to sworn oath +1 all skill checks
Lvl 1 oath: To cleanse x of all blighted creatures
Unarmored Defense    When without shield or armor ac    ...Class
equals 10+dex+wis
Martial Arts    A master of unarmed strikes and monk       ...Class
weapons which are shortswords and simple melee weapons without two handed or heavy property. When not in armor or wielding a shield and using monk weapons/unarmed strikes gain
* Use dexterity instead of strength for attack and damage rolls
* use a d4 in place of normal damage, grows based on level
* When using attack action you can make an unarmed strike as a bonus action
Patron    Receive a stipend each month provided you        ...Background
keep contact. 1d10gp x char lvl
Fleet       Movement speed increases by 10ft                    ...Essence
Combat Proficiencies      Simple weapons, shortswords, battleaxe, handaxe, light hammer, warhammer, and carbines
Tool Proficiencies  Tinker tools, brewer's supplies, cooks utensils, cartographer's tools

SPELL DC [..]  CASTING BONUS [..]    SPELL ABILITY [...]    SPELL LEVEL [.]

SPELL  {1}    {2}    {3}    {4}    {5}    {6}    {7}    {8}    {9}
 SLOTS:  ./.    ./.    ./.    ./.    ./.    ./.    ./.    ./.    ./.

SPELLS KNOWN
  lvl.      name      target  range  duration              effect
  {0}    ..........  ......  .....  ........  .............................

EQUIPMENT
 Explorer's Pack
       Backpack, bedroll, mess kit, tinderbox, torches (10), Rations (10), waterskin, hemp roap (50ft)
Cartographer's Tools
Scroll case containing maps in progress
set of traveler's clothes
pouch

.. platinum pieces  15 gold pieces  .. silver pieces  .. brass pieces

LANGUAGES
  Cygnaran, Rhulic, Khadoran, Ordic

NOTES
height = 4'1
weight = 138lbs

Marie Reynolds

Cool a Rhulic  Monk that looks like a fun character.  Yay a fellow cook!  If we get Selected we totally need to have a cook off lol!

shengami

Broke formatting? Hehe. There was no formatting to break.

But cool!
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Hexed

somehow five attempts to copy/paste had parts of the stat score section vanish and everything from there down either underlined or strikethroughed even though the option wasn't highlighted and clicking that option didn't get rid of it.

Quote from: Marie Reynolds on January 28, 2024, 04:21:59 PMCool a Rhulic  Monk that looks like a fun character.  Yay a fellow cook!  If we get Selected we totally need to have a cook off lol!
hah. Cook off! Just beware she's a brewer too. Judges might not be sober enough to score who's better.

The picture is kinda funny since she's just 10 str but it is what it is.

shengami

Quote from: Hexed on January 28, 2024, 05:28:00 PMsomehow five attempts to copy/paste had parts of the stat score section vanish and everything from there down either underlined or strikethroughed even though the option wasn't highlighted and clicking that option didn't get rid of it.

hah. Cook off! Just beware she's a brewer too. Judges might not be sober enough to score who's better.

The picture is kinda funny since she's just 10 str but it is what it is.

Doesn't look too short either!

I had to play with the sheet a bit as well. Ended up adding a truckload of tables to get my OCD to stop itching.
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Hexed

for all it claims dwarves are short they're medium size and her height/weight just came from the chart. :D

Marie Reynolds

Well if everyone is drunk and well fed then everybody wins!

shengami

Haha, I meant the image doesn't 'look' 4'1" but that's alright. We all love a shortstack.

Gotta go edit the sheet with some character connections.

How did Dira find the Order?
O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread

Kakihara

I am not sure if we are going to get any more submissions, I know lost at least one potential who just can't make it.  So I'm looking at finalizing character approvals and setting up threads this week, depending how busy it is. 

Edit:  Well was hoping to at least get one more submission to even things out but it appears interest bottomed out on the idea so I think I'm just going to close it at this point and regroup on things.  Consider making it for a small, limited group in the future.

Marie Reynolds

Cool, Look forward to seeing things Finalized!

shengami

O/os
My General LFGs
Canon LFGs
My Poetry Thread