Adventures in Otriea (D&D 5e, Interest check/Recruiting)

Started by mjrbatou, April 17, 2022, 12:45:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjrbatou

I expected a large, sudden interest when I posted.  That's why I have 3 continents with their own overarching main threats.

I am hoping to have 3-5 per game with a semi easy way to add more characters - an adventurers inn for every major town and city.  It's a first thought and probably won't work out during gameplay...

c0i9z

My orc is definitely set up to rut some of our goblins.

Blinkin

h, then I'll offer up a character in the next couple of days. I've settled on a half-elf bard, but not much more than that.
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Absenses & Apologies (Updated 3/02/23)
Blinkins' Thinkin's (Story Ideas)
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

pdragon

@c0i9z
I'd say 3, with 2 as a runner up

@Laughing Hyena
B and he never takes his helmet off.
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: pdragon on April 19, 2022, 04:24:01 PM
@c0i9z
I'd say 3, with 2 as a runner up

@Laughing Hyena
B and he never takes his helmet off.

Should he be utterly obsessed with goblins as well? Maybe speak a bit crazy?

Hexed

Quote from: Arcanist on April 19, 2022, 07:43:23 AM
My turn. So I made a bard character who is going to be sort of a spy/courtesan. What does everyone think? Or is it back to the drawing board.
A
B1
B2
C
D
D2

C is nice but agree D is very good.

Quote from: mjrbatou on April 19, 2022, 09:07:53 AM
Having the Nudist curse means wearing much more than a g-string and pasties gets very uncomfortable as the day progresses, potentially dangerous.  C/D are what most wear when they have that curse.

Good thing I'm going with a spellcaster that can't use armor then. :)
But that is about what I figured clothing wise for the Nudist curse. Exhibition is fun And the only real places I could see it causing trouble is bad weather (snow is going to suck) or places where clothing is required. (Also took me so long to realize C/D meant the pictures I linked and not some strange piece of clothing I'd never heard of.)

@pdragon
C would get my vote!

@c0i9z
While the second one is rather cheery my favorite of the three would be the first one.
Also Woot rutting! :D

@Laughing Hyena
Gonna be contrary and say A's my favorite.
Goblin slayer is scary! The poor lass ain't done nothing needing her slain for! :)

Blinkin

Does anyone know if 5e has a bladed fan, fighting fan or war fan? what I'm looking for is a collaspable fan that can be used as a weapon. Failing tht, maybe something like... what was it called, a bladed scarf? I want something for style or flahy that isn't a sword and could be usee as a bit of entertainment in a act.

BRW: since I saw a note about custom backgrounds, does that mean that we can use Tasha's?
"I am a Southern Gentleman, which means that I'm a rogue and a scoundrel. When I'm not kissin' the hands of married women, I'm slipping off their wedding rings."
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.
Being Literate is the ability to read and understand a language. When you ask for literate, what you are looking for is Verbosity, which is the ability to use lots of words without actually saying very much... like politicians. I consider myself both literate and verbose.

Laughing Hyena

Joking aside I did had a kinky idea of giving the human a scaled cock sleeve exclusively for pain sluts. Man made and wrapped and tied around his dick. Or at the very least have softer scales that massage the bottoms insides when thrusting. Or as a very lewd accessory to make his dick literally shine like gold.

As for the more legit ideas, the notion that his helmet is damaged so that his visor doesn't work sounds a touch telling about how terrible his tournament appearances have gone.

Good question by the way. I have no idea. Could easily cut and paste daggers for the easy fix. I did this for manacles when I wanted a metal collar.

pdragon

Quote from: Blinkin on April 19, 2022, 05:00:03 PM
Does anyone know if 5e has a bladed fan, fighting fan or war fan? what I'm looking for is a collaspable fan that can be used as a weapon. Failing tht, maybe something like... what was it called, a bladed scarf? I want something for style or flahy that isn't a sword and could be usee as a bit of entertainment in a act.
It doesn't explicitly have those weapons, but 5e straight up tells you to just reskin weapons if you want something exotic. For example a dagger could easily be reskinned as a bladed fan, since it's light, can be thrown, and uses dex (more or less what you'd want from a fan style weapon). Likewise a whip has reach, finesse, and does slashing damage, so it can easily be reskinned into a bladed scarf.

Request Thread

c0i9z

I'd say handaxe, even, since it appropriately does slashing damage.

pdragon

Hmm, if I were to make her a dhampir goblin could cum be her thirst?

Request Thread

Laughing Hyena

Is there a curse for that? Lemme double check that roll table. None specific  but there are two that might work to that end.

Increased Libido or Cursed by Blank - Maybe you could have the DM detail that your goblin needs the cum of a male to drink.

pdragon

I mean it's not a curse, it's just a feature of the race itself.

Request Thread

Laughing Hyena

Muse

I have a wizard girl I'd like to play.  Basically a pure caster with cool jeweled bracelets for her arcane focus.  (not at all my usual wizard!) 

Seems like half the intro post is about sex curses.  How much chance will i have to do stuff that isn't sex?  I'm kind of overloaded on that aspect of my RP life right now.  I just want to go to a dungoen and get my top blown off when a fireball hits me.  :p 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

mjrbatou

The sexy parts will be separated so the adventure isn't bogged down with naughty descriptions week after week.

Quote from: pdragon on April 19, 2022, 05:21:31 PM
Hmm, if I were to make her a dhampir goblin could cum be her thirst?
The closest is Cum Addiction but if she were a sexual dhampir then any sexual fluids would work.  She'd have her preferences just like anyone else.

Muse

Quote from: mjrbatou on April 19, 2022, 08:15:28 PM
The sexy parts will be separated so the adventure isn't bogged down with naughty descriptions week after week.

Yay!  Perfect. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Arcanist

So where is everyone thinking of starting? I am currently doing up a little of my backstory
Choice is but an Illusion. Consequences are however real.

mjrbatou

Epesh is supposed to feature the heroes as survivors from the first town decimated by the invading demons/devils.  After spending a couple years learning their new abilities they are working their way back to their hometown to destroy the portal...

Veulura is more like the traditional D&D party, a group of adventurers come together to participate in a scavenger hunt with the deed to an old keep as the reward.  The adventure will start after winning the game, especially since I know players will try killing the adult dragon on the scavenger hunt island...

Anyways, the party begins just before entering their new home.  As they adventure they can fill their keep with npcs and such.

Amilen starts where the party is trapped on a lizardfolk island while guarding a caravan of goods.  The bridges were pulverized by meteor showers and many parts of the islands have falling rock hazards.

c0i9z

Veulura sounds nice. Base building is always a favourite.

Arcanist

Arcanist

Brief backstory:
Gabrielle was a orphan in one of the orphanages in Veulura. No one knew who her parents were as she was left outside the orphanage while still a babe. She did not cry and did not seem to be hungry at all. Soon, it was found that she did not need any sustenance. As she grew older, she blossomed into a beautiful girl. Unfortunately for her, this garnered a lot of interest from undesirables as the orphanage had many connections with the underworld. In fact, the "owners" of the orphanage were criminals and often auctioned off the orphans into "slavery". Happy at their find, the owners kept Gabrielle out of the "general populace" to keep her "pure" and to start to groom her so she could be sold for more at auction. She was also treated better in general.

When Gabrielle was of age to be auctioned off, she was drugged and soon found herself on the auction block. It was a very unpleasant surprise for her and humilating to say the least. Luckily for her, a Courtesan to the Nobility and an influential spy was in the audience and saw the potential in Gabrielle and purchased her. The Courtesan ran a organisation that gathered information on behalf of the rulers of Veulura or in some cases made their enemies disappear. Gabrielle was then adopted as all the girls were in the organisation and trained in the fine arts of seduction, information gathering, entertainment, combat and magic. With her curse and natural charisma, she would be perfect for the job. She would just have to be careful. Gabrielle also felt an obligation to her benefactor and would do anything for her. Soon, Gabriella found herself in a town, her first assignment to expand the reach of her "adopted mother".

Current Curses: Perfect Body (DM rolled) and Stretchy
Class: Female Half-Elven Bard
Preferred start - Veulura (or Epesh)

Any feedback would be welcome.

Character Sheet
Name: Melissa Mistwinter ; Level: 1
Background: Spy ; Alignment: Neutral Good ;
Race: Half Elf ; Class: Bard
Str: 10 ; Dex: 16 (+3) ; Con: 16 (+1) ; Int: 11 (+0) ; Wis: 14 (+2) ; Cha: 18 (+4)
Saving Throws: Str +0 ; Dex +5 ; Con +1 ; Int + 0 ; Wis + 2 ; Cha +6
AC: 14 ; HD: 1d8 ; hp: 9 ; Speed: 30ft

-Proficiency-
Weapons: Simple, Crossow, Hand, Longsword, Rapier & Shortsword
Tools: Dragonchess set, Hand Drum, Lyre, Viol and Thieve's Tools
Skills: Acrobatics +5 | Deception +6 | Insight +4 | Perception +4 | Performance +6 | Persuasion +6 | Stealth +5
Passive Perception: 14 | Passive Investigation: 10 | Passive Insight: 14
Armor: Light Armor

Languages: Common, Elven, Celestial

Race Features -
Darkvision 60'
Fey Ancestry - Advantage on saving throws from being charmed, and magic can't out you to sleep
Skill Versatility

Bard Features -
Bardic Inspiration - As a bonus action, a creature (other than you) within 60' that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 min, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll or saving throw. This can be added after the roll, but before knowing the outcome. (4 uses/ long rest)

Spell Casting - Spell DC 14| Spell Attack +6
Cantrips:
Prestidigitation
Vicious Mockery

1st level:
Dissonant Whispers
Faerie Fire
Healing Word
Plentiful Orgasms (Hideous Laughter - subject to DM approval for spell variation)

-Feats-
NIL

Inventory: Crowbar, Clothes (Common with hood), Dagger, Corset +1 (Leather Armor), Lyra, Rapier, Scroll Case, Fine Clothes, Ink, Ink Pen, Lamp, Oil, Paper, Perfume, Sealing Wax, Soap, Dragonchess set, Thieve's Tools

Money: 10 gp

-Curses-
Perfect Body - permanent sustenance effect (do not eat, drink, defecate, urinate, etc) and control fertility (sterile to guaranteed conception, 0-100%)
Stretchy, your body is resilient and accommodating to every kind of sexual penetration (including inflation/cumflation)

-Background-
Spy
Spy Contact:You have a reliable and trustworthy contact who acts as your liaison to a the spy network.

Personality: I would rather make a new friend than a new enemy
Ideal: I'm loyal to my friends, not to any ideals and everyone else can take a trip down the Styx for all I care
Bond: I'm trying to pay off an old debt (being rescued from the auction block) I owe to a generous benefactor (Lady Eliza)
Flaw: An innocent person is in prison for a crime that I committed. I'm okay with that. (It was part of my assignment)

Blinkin

Well shit. There goes my idea. Back t the drawing board. Just so I donn't step on any more toes, what is everyone else offering?
My Ons' & offs'
Yes, I really am blind.

Arcanist

Muse

I think i heard we were split into 3 different parties?  As opposed to all being in the same party and the same area?  Am I wrong?