Yet Another Abortion Thread

Started by LunarSage, November 21, 2012, 04:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Stattick on November 27, 2012, 05:24:00 PM
Oh, that must be why there's fewer abortions these days. Anal has gotten very popular.  :D

couldn't POSSIBLY be the access to the procedure is getting harder and hard.. no.. not at all...

Cyrano Johnson

Quote from: ulthakptah on November 27, 2012, 05:27:27 PM
Didn't I just say anal sex can still lead to pregnancy?

Good lord. What good are emoticons if people still can't detect a joke after it's been flagged with one?
Artichoke the gorilla halibut! Freedom! Remember Bubba the Love Sponge!

Cyrano Johnson's ONs & OFFs
Cyrano Johnson's Apologies & Absences

Caela

Anal sex, in and of itself, cannot lead to pregnancy. Now anal sex that ends up leading to unprotected vaginal sex, that can lead to pregnancy.

LunarSage

I suppose if semen leaked out and got in the vagina it could... maybe.

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Caela

Quote from: LunarSage on November 27, 2012, 06:15:25 PM
I suppose if semen leaked out and got in the vagina it could... maybe.

That would be quite the trick, not only are the angles wrong, but (speaking in relative size) the trek from anus, to the vagina, and up through the cervix, into the uterus and then, possibly, into the fallopian tubes is a LONG DAMNED WAY for your average sperm. It's possible one could make, it but I think it's more likely for me to win the lotto...without buying a ticket. :D

Stattick

It's a joke, bloke.
O/O   A/A

ulthakptah

Quote from: Caela on November 27, 2012, 06:30:01 PM
That would be quite the trick, not only are the angles wrong, but (speaking in relative size) the trek from anus, to the vagina, and up through the cervix, into the uterus and then, possibly, into the fallopian tubes is a LONG DAMNED WAY for your average sperm. It's possible one could make, it but I think it's more likely for me to win the lotto...without buying a ticket. :D
Sperm can live for 48 hours and it only takes them 10 hours to move from the vaginal canal to the fallopian tubes. Thats still 38 hours left to travel from the anus to the vaginal canal, they have the time. So I would say the odds are higher than you think. But if you just must have that creamy sensation in your butt, there are still contraceptions other than condoms available.

Caela

Quote from: ulthakptah on November 27, 2012, 06:47:21 PM
Sperm can live for 48 hours and it only takes them 10 hours to move from the vaginal canal to the fallopian tubes. Thats still 38 hours left to travel from the anus to the vaginal canal, they have the time. So I would say the odds are higher than you think. But if you just must have that creamy sensation in your butt, there are still contraceptions other than condoms available.

Please tell me you aren't serious? And just how do you propose that sperm get out of the anus and into the vagina in the first place? Even laying down the angles are entirely wrong. If there was leakage the curve of the body would carry it away from the vagina, not toward it. And if it did somehow carry toward it, it would end up on the outer labia, not actually in the vaginal canal. And this assumes that once outside the body it stays warm enough to actually get there instead of dying.

You don't get pregnant from anal sex.

LunarSage

I for one was mostly being facetious.  >.>

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Callie Del Noire

You know, I know of at least one kid born on the 'Rhythm' technique (Ironically named 'Chance').

While you can't get pregnant from anal sex.. guys DO drip. So be aware that point that 'left overs' can get close to 'the right side' when you cuddle.

Caela

Quote from: LunarSage on November 27, 2012, 07:09:20 PM
I for one was mostly being facetious.  >.>

I know you were Lunar! :D

Callie, +1

Torch

I....have no words. Really.

The physiological inaccuracies in your post would almost be amusing if I thought you were joking.
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Caela on November 27, 2012, 07:19:05 PM
I know you were Lunar! :D

Callie, +1

My friend told me that he SUSPECTED was his name.. but it took him getting his dad ROTTENLY drunk to admit it. (The old guy also admitted on the same drinking binge that he was a 'miracle' that his mom and dad were profoundly happy for.. put them on the path to fixing their lives, it was a GOOD story to hear.)

ulthakptah

Well I can't help if I was lied to as a kid. It seemed reasonable to me at the time. What I was told is that there is still a chance that the sperm can find it's way out of the anus and swim through any fluids that dripped to get into the vagina. In retrospect maybe this was ploy to ensure I always use protection.

Serephino

It would be extremely unlikely.  I mean, if you had vaginal sex first...  I was told the 'leaking' is pure sperm without the rest of the fluids, and that's why pulling out doesn't always work.  Sperm can live 3 days so I'm told inside the human body, but only a few minutes outside.  It's too cold outside the body or something.

Nadir

I hate to dredge things back when they've already been discussed, but there's something that's been bothering me.

Quote from: LunarSage on November 25, 2012, 08:09:57 AM
One example is that in most cases the mother is awarded parental custody regardless of the circumstances in the case of a divorce.  There's this unfortunate and backwards in my opinion thought that woman are always the more fit parent simply by virtue of being women.

Then there's the fact that in many areas, men are not allowed to work in child care... because you know, all men are pedophiles.

Lunar, actually, the reason why women get the kids in most of the cases is because the father doesn't want them. Almost every time the man has wanted the kids, he's gotten them, even when he is guilty of abusing his wife, even when he is guilty of abusing his children.

Again, sorry for bringing this back up, it just didn't sit right with me.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Dim Hon on November 28, 2012, 02:48:34 AM
I hate to dredge things back when they've already been discussed, but there's something that's been bothering me.

Lunar, actually, the reason why women get the kids in most of the cases is because the father doesn't want them. Almost every time the man has wanted the kids, he's gotten them, even when he is guilty of abusing his wife, even when he is guilty of abusing his children.

Again, sorry for bringing this back up, it just didn't sit right with me.

Uh... My friend wanted his daughter. He was an honorably discharged Vet and she was a convicted felon with nearly six figures of fraud under her belt. She literally had to insult the judge in the last hearing for him to get custody of her for the last year. Now I'm waiting to see how the final hearing goes this week. Apparently she owes her old lawyer about 10 grand in back pay. So hopefully she'll lose custody.

Chris Brady

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on November 28, 2012, 02:59:14 AM
Uh... My friend wanted his daughter. He was an honorably discharged Vet and she was a convicted felon with nearly six figures of fraud under her belt. She literally had to insult the judge in the last hearing for him to get custody of her for the last year. Now I'm waiting to see how the final hearing goes this week. Apparently she owes her old lawyer about 10 grand in back pay. So hopefully she'll lose custody.

I also know of three Canadian men who wanted their kids, but did not get.  Thing is BOTH the parents are not criminals or have any abusive tendency, I know for a fact that one man, doesn't disparage his ex-wife in any way.  He would have rather have shared custody (in fact, according to him, that's what he went for during the divorce proceedings.)  For whatever reason, she decided that she couldn't be near him and moved away.  Which is her right, should it cause mental 'pain' for her.  But seeing as she takes his son with her, and by law the courts do not have to tell him where she moved to, he now has no means to see his son, nor pay alimony.  Worse, he had to sell most of his stuff to pay it in the first place.

People say that most men can, with their increased paychecks, pay alimony easily.  One thing that gets me about this argument is how 'white room' it is.  I mean, yes, in general a basic 30K-45K a year paycheck should easily cover a few extra hundred dollars a month, right?  That's of course assuming things like not having to pay income taxes, property taxes, car insurance, power bills, mortgages (which by the way don't always end when the family splits), former school loans and any medical emergencies that may crop up that isn't covered by any sort of national or privatized insurance, which is also ANOTHER payment that most people have to do, including life insurance as well, premiums don't go down just because you're not together anymore.  Not to mention that when they were married, there was effectively twice the money they have after a divorce.

That's not saying that should a woman have to pay alimony she'd get it easy.  More often than they TOO have the exact SAME bills as men do.  She'd be as badly screwed as the men are or worse.

The other two guys I know, are classified as 'deadbeats', mainly because they don't know where their ex-wives are.  And they have no tools to find out where she is because by law, no one has to tell them here.  Especially if the woman claims she's moving away due to potential emotional harm she's feeling.  Which is totally legit.  Discomfort, memories and associations, just by smells or seeing something can do a lot of psychological damage, or create aversions to what would be normal behaviours.  And as we all know, even the whiff of something mentally 'wrong' can get you canned.  But that means that the man is effectively screwed.

One of the ex-coworkers I know has been fighting that.  He's even set aside a relatively decent sum of money for his daughter to claim, it's under her name, and he's notified both a law agency and government agency to let the child know that on her 18th birthday, she'll have funds to continue her education.  But he was accused of being a deadbeat because he could find his Ex-Wife, and it was claimed that he did 'look hard enough' to find her.  Don't know about any of you, but any sort of tracking down could be seen as stalking and get him to lose his rights.

And Dim Hom, outside of the law journal site, the rest of those are opinion pieces and potentially as anecdotal as what we've all been discussing, and I know for a fact that the Phyllis Chesler site is a self-promotional one (and is about 16 years out of date.)  Also, why don't we see these things on the news?  It's usually how the woman gets the child, rather than men getting them, often celebrity families too.  And I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure most national news agencies would absolutely LOVE to get their hands on an abusive man getting his kids after divorcing his wife story.  Where are they?
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Trieste

Quote from: Chris Brady on November 28, 2012, 05:06:07 AM
And Dim Hom, outside of the law journal site, the rest of those are opinion pieces and potentially as anecdotal as what we've all been discussing, and I know for a fact that the Phyllis Chesler site is a self-promotional one (and is about 16 years out of date.)  Also, why don't we see these things on the news?  It's usually how the woman gets the child, rather than men getting them, often celebrity families too.  And I don't know about you, but I'm pretty sure most national news agencies would absolutely LOVE to get their hands on an abusive man getting his kids after divorcing his wife story.  Where are they?

You... just made a post entirely comprised of anecdotal evidence and you're pointing at Dim Hon for doing it? Did I really just read that?

Nadir

Here is a collection of gender bias reports for your perusal. Some are dated, but several are current. Justice Denied has a lot of sources to back up the stats.

Stattick

Quote from: Serephino on November 27, 2012, 04:01:05 PM
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-cdc-abortions-fall-5-largest-drop-in-a-decade-20121121,0,3890778.story

Getting back on topic...

Hey, better birth control is actually reducing the number of abortions.  How about that...

I just read another article on this: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2012/11/23/surprise-the-abortion-rate-just-hit-an-all-time-low/

Per the article, it seems likely that the abortion rate is down due to more effective types of birth control being used, like IUDs, long term implants and so forth. Of course the article points out that the statistics can only point to a correlation, and it doesn't indicate causation. Still, a likely thing, IMO.

Or maybe people are just having more gay sex and butt sex. >.>

Or, to quote ulthakptah:
[Y]ou just must have that creamy sensation in your butt...

I should sig that.
O/O   A/A

Serephino

QuoteIt would be easy to point to the wave of abortion restrictions that swept through state legislatures in 2011 — except that this data come from 2009, when those new laws weren’t yet in place.

And everyone was being all negative and saying it was because of recent laws; laws that didn't exist when this data was collected.  I'm happy about this.

Callie Del Noire

http://world.time.com/2012/12/19/irelands-historic-abortion-shift-and-the-tragedy-that-shadowed-it/

Well it seems that Halappanavar Savita's death will have some effect. To even HEAR that the Irish government is considering.. much less present/propose changes to avoid this sort of tragedy is .. well.. stunning.

Caela

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on December 19, 2012, 11:20:16 AM
http://world.time.com/2012/12/19/irelands-historic-abortion-shift-and-the-tragedy-that-shadowed-it/

Well it seems that Halappanavar Savita's death will have some effect. To even HEAR that the Irish government is considering.. much less present/propose changes to avoid this sort of tragedy is .. well.. stunning.

I remember reading about this. It is truly disgusting. There was no reason for this woman to die!

Strident

Thought I'd offer some comments on the "Can you get pregnant from Anal sex" debate on this thread:

First a quick primer on how conception actually works.

A woman ovulates once a month roughly halfway through her cycle (give or a take a few days.

An egg is released from an Ovary, and travels into the fallopian tube.

It remains in a viable state for only about 24 to 48 hours.

That's right...a woman is only actually fertile for 24 to 48 hours a month.

So how in hell do so many babies get born?

Simple. Sperm live for a week.

"What? " I hear you say.."I heard they only live for 48 hours?".

No the half life of sperm in the female is between 24 to 48 hours. That means to say, that a typical ejaculate containing 300million sperm 150million are still alive after 24 hours, and the number drops by a reasonably consistent 50% over the following few days.
do the math. There's still likely to be a couple of million sperm kicking around after 7 days.

In reality therefore, copulation occuring at any point in the 7 days prior  to ovulation can cause a pregnancy if there are still live sperm kicking around in the female reproductive tract waiting for an egg to show up. However, sex even a fairly short time after ovulation (anything more than just a couple of days) is very unlikely to cause pregnancy.

How does this relate to pregnancy from Anal sex?
Well, in warm contact with the female body,  which is really *anywhere* in the inner thigh/ genital region, Sperm will lurk around quite happily for some time. As a result, it's very difficult to say with absolute certainty that unprotected anal sex would definitely not lead to pregnancy, as you can never rule it out for sure.

And to state what should be obvious: Sperm are microscopic. Just because there is not visible leaking semen, there could still be a stray sperm or two.

Imagine for example, woman has anal sex, later touches her anus, gets a couple of sperm on her fingers, and then performs a solo sex act on herself penetrating herself with her fingers. It's perfectly plausible a microscopic quantity of sperm could be transferred and result in fertilisation IF she happened to be fertile at the time.