Malware Detected

Started by Mathim, May 20, 2014, 02:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

I was starting a thread with my partner Barbara4Play and when I tried to back into the thread to make a second post, my Google Chrome said it detected malware. I'm not sure what might cause that but I'm afraid to go back in there since it might damage my computer. Can someone look into this? The rest of elliquiy works fine but I don't want to take any risks. The thread is titled Ms. Black (something, I can't remember). Even trying to look at my post history gives me the warning. Can someone either delete the thread or figure out why it's doing that? I would think it's from the pictures being posted in there but I'd rather it be totally deleted just to be safe. Sorry for any trouble that may have been caused, I assure you I had nothing personally to do with it and I'm sure it was an accident. I didn't post any of the pictures, by the way, it was only my partner.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Oniya

I converted the hotlinked images to links.  That normally solves the problem.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Mathim

If it doesn't, what should I do? Or does someone else have to do something (Like delete the thread?)

Edit: Never mind, that seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks!
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Oniya

So far, I haven't run into any situation where a hotlinked image wasn't the cause.  :-)  Sometimes, the warning message can even narrow it down to a specific image.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Mathim

Well I wasn't going to fuck around with it and risk messing up this computer (It ain't mine so it's not my place to risk that) so thanks for helping with that issue. I've suggested alternate methods of avoiding that to my partner so hopefully that will make it safer in the future.