[Interest Check] Shadowrun: The Caribbean League (Semi-Freeform)

Started by Ciosa, December 04, 2018, 01:31:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tolvo

I just thought I'd say I'm interested. I miss playing Shadowrun, though I don't really know the Caribbean lore for Shadowrun. I've been wanting to get back into RP'ing so I thought I'd mention I am interested and I'll be looking some of these things up, I played 4th edition Shadowrun so that's where most of my knowledge is from.

Crash

Tolvo- Ciosa mentioned the lore for the Caribbean is pretty much all his own so no need for a deep dive.

And welcome!

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Tolvo

Ah ok!

I'm a bit rusty with RP'ing, I've been out for a few months from doing it but I've been wanting to dive back in. But I'm not sure which character I'd wanna make specifically. Usually in groups I make what a group is missing that would be helpful. And otherwise I make literally thousands of characters(My old laptop had a file with just thousands of different in depth characters made in Chummer all stated out and built with pages of back story and things).

Crash

Quote from: Tolvo on December 04, 2018, 04:40:23 PM
Ah ok!

I'm a bit rusty with RP'ing, I've been out for a few months from doing it but I've been wanting to dive back in. But I'm not sure which character I'd wanna make specifically. Usually in groups I make what a group is missing that would be helpful. And otherwise I make literally thousands of characters(My old laptop had a file with just thousands of different in depth characters made in Chummer all stated out and built with pages of back story and things).

Hopefully enough people will join to cover all things more than once so really play whatever you want.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Ciosa

Ah ok!

This story really won't follow a classic campaign structure - there's no party, in that sense, unless you and some friends you want to write with choose to create one.  So there's no need to create a character to balance others - work towards creating more of a strong standalone character; the presumption is that they'll be finding work for someone with their particular talents.

Crash

Oh man.  I really want to get a Corsair Trident.  Nothing like power and sail options....

Remiel

Usually in groups I make what a group is missing that would be helpful.

Same here.  My preferred character class is "whatever everyone else isn't playing."

Crash

Ciosa

Quote from: Ciosa on December 04, 2018, 01:31:28 AM

Help Wanted
I don’t have a co-GM at present, but I would like have some players who are willing to sub in and write an NPC or two as needed.  Bonus XP will be given for doing extra duty, and these NPC characters will not grow, get XP, or develop beyond in a story sense.  Only one character per player, please.  I’ll post NPCs I need, in loose descriptive terms – ‘A gorgeous barkeep,’ etc. 

I could also use assistance with things like banners, icons, and image editing.  I’m really rusty with my photoshopping, and I was never great at it to start.  Any volunteers here would be welcome!  Another assistant who would be happy to help with wiki development would be appreciated as well.  Both roles will provide an XP boost.  (Note that for both NPCs and the above roles, I will be providing some bonus XP, but it won’t be game unbalancing.  I consider it fair since the opportunities are open to everyone.)

NPCs, yes, PCs no.  You can only have one PC that grows and accumulates notoriety and xp.

Crash

Sorry missed that before.  No worries.  I already have NPC ideas.

TFcommando

Quote from: Ciosa on December 04, 2018, 02:54:35 PM
Sounds like you're most interested in the first one, and it definitely fits with the League as I'm imagining it - a patchwork of people with colorful histories and their own agendas, and I like it. 

There are plenty of ideas I could work up, I felt the urge to post fast, concerned that the game might fill up as I was filling in details. :) 

That said, I'd like to see what you're doing with the character generation and before committing 100%.  I'm a bit of a traditionalist and like engaging with the system.
Behold!  My O&Os
Highly interested in
Canon Character Roleplay and System-based Roleplay

Crash

I don’t think Ciosa is putting a player cap in the game.

Bibliophilia

I was hoping to catch this when you put it up.  I need to brush up a bit on my SR, since I've never actually played before and I forget what all the options are.  But, my favorite SF books are Neuromancer and Project Nimbus, so I adore the whole setting and thrust of the game.

I'd be totally down to play NPCs for you, too, when you need it.

Edit:  What's your stance on face claims?  Do you prefer art or images?  Or, since there are metahumans, a mixture?

Ciosa

Quote from: Bibliophilia on December 04, 2018, 09:46:12 PM
I was hoping to catch this when you put it up.  I need to brush up a bit on my SR, since I've never actually played before and I forget what all the options are.  But, my favorite SF books are Neuromancer and Project Nimbus, so I adore the whole setting and thrust of the game.

I'd be totally down to play NPCs for you, too, when you need it.

Edit:  What's your stance on face claims?  Do you prefer art or images?  Or, since there are metahumans, a mixture?

I'm almost always pro images over art, just because I feel like it lends a certain visual element that art doesn't always.  If you absolutely must use art over images, I'd prefer as much realism as possible.  I like hentai and anime, but there's a time and a place for it and this is not it.  And glad to have you aboard!

Bibliophilia

Awesome.  I'm thinking of going with Ruby Rose as an elf street samurai.  Sort of a razorgirl from Neuromancer, but ported over into Shadowrun, and not so much girl as non-binary hedonist with a taste for the exotic.

Crash

Hi Bib!

My character is already buzzing around in my head.

Bibliophilia

Hi!  Me, too.  Ruby's style is so freaking perfect for Shadowrun.  -squirms happily.-

Ciosa

Lunar approved using the rules, so I'm going to work on the new ruleset today.  Hurrah!

Crash

Quote from: Ciosa on December 05, 2018, 12:12:12 PM
Lunar approved using the rules, so I'm going to work on the new ruleset today.  Hurrah!

Sweet!  I am working on character history today because I have ideas.

Bibliophilia

Yay!  -grins-  I'm excited to get started on making a sheet.

Phaia

:o :o :o
Well hell,
Ciaso, Crash [aka Baby], Dhi [aka Blacksand]!   8-)  Some of the old gang from the former SHR game I liked ... a lot

I still have that game bookmarked just to go back and reread some of the scenes

How can I not express an interest.!!

MEMEME!!!

:::Bounces up and down and barely contains her happiness:::  ;D ;D ;D

I have had the desire to revisit a Technomancer, like Eidolon. Or maybe an adept!

Phaia

Ciosa

Quote from: Phaia on December 05, 2018, 12:46:42 PM
:o :o :o
Well hell,
Ciaso, Crash [aka Baby], Dhi [aka Blacksand]!   8-)  Some of the old gang from the former SHR game I liked ... a lot

I still have that game bookmarked just to go back and reread some of the scenes

How can I not express an interest.!!

MEMEME!!!

:::Bounces up and down and barely contains her happiness:::  ;D ;D ;D

I have had the desire to revisit a Technomancer, like Eidolon. Or maybe an adept!

Phaia

Hiya, Phaia!  Welcome aboard!

Phaia

Dhi

The face claim I have in mind will probably be in her underwear, because the other limited modeling work she's done doesn't have the attitude I want to evoke.

Phaia

I often find images that I would love to build a character around.

I know archers and arrows are dumb in a SR world and do not do well!

I found this image and wanted to build something around her!

I just do not think it would work well in a SR setting where everyone...even the teenagers have Guns!

Phaia