The problem with K-Rudd, aka "Where the f*** is my laptop?

Started by Sanai, May 02, 2010, 07:31:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sanai

I am an Australian, and I actually liked John Howard. He was honest. He said he would do stuff, then did it, no matter how unpopular it was.
When he was defeated by Kevin Rudd...I was in tears. The Prime Minister I trusted, thrown out by a sleazy used-car salesman.

Wow, I was so right.
Kevin Rudd Promised that every school kid would have a laptop with internet access. He gave money to public schools, and left it up to them how they would spend it. I was school age, my little brother is in school. Wheres our laptops Kevin Rudd?

He promised a fast broadband internet upgrade for all australians. He is talking about cancelling that scheme.
He promised insulation rebates, and that they would be regulated so only qualified insulators could do it. Unqualified people were allowed to do it an electrocuted themselves. He then met the mother of a boy who had died that way, and couldnt remember their names.

He talks and talks and talks, and sounds like a used car salesman. He does nothing. He said sorry to the indiginous australians, yet does nothing to help them.

As an Australian, I feel hurt and betrayed. It sucks being right.
What have I become?
My Sweetest Friend..
Everyone I know..
Goes Away in the End.
You Could have it All...
My Empire of Dirt
I will Let you down...
I will make you Hurt.

GlompNinja

I concur.

Not to mention his turnaround on the ETS.       I didn't support it anyway, for economic reasons, but he should have stuck by decision instead of pussying out.

And don't even get me started on the censorship deal.

Sanai

Never trust a politican who looks like a cleaning mascot.
What have I become?
My Sweetest Friend..
Everyone I know..
Goes Away in the End.
You Could have it All...
My Empire of Dirt
I will Let you down...
I will make you Hurt.

RubySlippers

Politicians LIE that is their job its just do you keep the feet to the fire to keep them somewhat honest or not.

And they had money for the laptops the government gave the money to the school districts if you have an issue I think its with the school boards and adminstration on not using this money for the laptops.

Sanai

Yes, they gave the money to the schools. But the promise was not that they would give money to the schools, it was that kids would have laptops.
What have I become?
My Sweetest Friend..
Everyone I know..
Goes Away in the End.
You Could have it All...
My Empire of Dirt
I will Let you down...
I will make you Hurt.

RubySlippers

Yes but the schools could have bought the laptops. And come on why should the government buy laptops for students ,parents should, its not like an average laptop is all that expensive.

GlompNinja

Because they said they would. Just because it is common for politicians to lie, doesn't make it right.

Callie Del Noire

Plus if the funds were legally tagged for 'laptops' someone misappropiated funds

Serephino

If the money was given to the schools, maybe the schools fucked up?

Sanai

Yes, the schools made a mistake. But the schools were not the ones who promised the laptops. So it is the governments responsibility.
What have I become?
My Sweetest Friend..
Everyone I know..
Goes Away in the End.
You Could have it All...
My Empire of Dirt
I will Let you down...
I will make you Hurt.