News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

School of Fighters (Ladies Wanted)

Started by BlackestKnight, December 22, 2012, 05:36:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaulera

Ah, see it's OC. If you need any help choosing anything, just talk to me Vergil, I've played all three of these series so much it's crazy.

Vergil1989

Taki, Talim, Cassandra, Ivy, Cervantes, Sophitia, all these and more I've had quite a fun time with at some point or another as far as Soul Calibur is concerned.  ;D  Heihachi was pretty fun in his own way but he's the only Tekken character that was in SC that I remember for sure one way or the other.  Nightmare was badass, and a literal nightmare to take apart lol.  Joking aside, who would you recommend V as far as anyone that fought like Talim or Taki since I've always valued speed over anything else.  You can be as strong as you like but if you can't hit your target, what good is it to try?  That's always been my motto anyway.  Talim was and always will be my favorite probably lol.  "Winds, guide me!"  Yes, I'm a nerd, sue me.  :P
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Vaulera

Okay, well since you're not actually playing the characters themselves, you could have a variety of people as your instructors. For speed? In Tekken, Lars was always really quick, streetfighter can be practically exempt. In SNK? There are a bundle of characters who are speed type, K for example. He is quick and throws plenty of fire. Saiki is also pretty fast. With those three guys, you could choose either Tekken or SNK to fight for, but since you're a fan of SC, then you'll want Tekken. Just make a character with an interesting background and focus your character on KI power, control and speed.

Primarch

Quote from: Vaulera on December 23, 2012, 05:55:08 PM
Okay, just read Bane's signature move. Yeah, he's Bane. Couldn't you have waited until Injustice in April?

Well this game is happening now not april and I want to play this character now so......no?

My character has an appearance and one part in a four part move that can be linked to a particular character and suddenly the whole character is just 'Bane.'

Tell me, lets take a look at some of your character traits.
Wears all black
Tough nut with a soft side
Loves fighting
The classic criminal Kingpins daughter (A criminal Kingpin? As opposed to what other kind of Kingpin?)

Did we come across anything unique, original or innovate yet? Because I don't see anything original in your character at all. Or would my character be a problem because he can be associated with a particular character as opposed to just being a repeated idea in general? Do I care that your character isn't original or unique in any real way? No. This is just a game on E, you have your character and I have my character. But in the end of the day, its your character and you play what you want to play and I'll play what character I want to play. Blackest Night reviewed the character and didn't find anything wrong with him and he's the one organizing the game.

Quote from: Jmorty33 on December 23, 2012, 06:14:55 PM
I agree with Vaulera, that's just the beginning of Batman: Knightfall. The move is practical but the whole spine breaking and having bane as your appearance does seem a bit rip-of fish.

First of all, the beginning of Knightfall is actually a prison breakout, breaking the Bat doesn't happen until later on. As I pointed out above, the signature attack is one part in a four part move & there's the appearance. I mean the character also has a personality & history that have nothing to do with Bane and there's 3 other parts in the 4 part signature move, but there's 2 clearly 'Bane' elements and that makes it a rip-off right?

I've been on E for 4 years, not to mention the RP I do on the numerous different sites I've been on over the years. In that time I've created more characters than I can count and generally speaking I try give my characters a bit of thought. But hey, this one character has an appearance and one part in his signature move makes him super similar to a character. I mean the guy organising the game had no problems with that, but luckily I had you two to get on my case right away. Cheers for that.   

Vaulera

I'm not launching some sort of personal attack, I just generally don't like roleplaying with an appearance I know for a fact is supposed to be someone else. As for my idea? I didn't claim some extravagant originality, and a Kingpin by literal definition is a term used to describe a bolt in construction or the lead pin in bowling, I think the criminal thing just sort of happened because a Kingpin is a bolt used in a pivot, or a pivotal position.

Vergil1989

Quote from: Vaulera on December 23, 2012, 07:17:49 PM
Okay, well since you're not actually playing the characters themselves, you could have a variety of people as your instructors. For speed? In Tekken, Lars was always really quick, streetfighter can be practically exempt. In SNK? There are a bundle of characters who are speed type, K for example. He is quick and throws plenty of fire. Saiki is also pretty fast. With those three guys, you could choose either Tekken or SNK to fight for, but since you're a fan of SC, then you'll want Tekken. Just make a character with an interesting background and focus your character on KI power, control and speed.

I know we aren't playing AS the canon people and all, I was just rambling away V lol.  Still, thanks for the recommendations although I know nothing about Tekken's characters and all as I've probably said so if i'm required to try to come up with convincing training scenes and all with their personalities still intact then I might be in a load of trouble.  Still, a little research never hurt anyone.  ;D  I'll see what I can come up with but it might be a few days.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Primarch

Quote from: Vaulera on December 23, 2012, 07:23:30 PM
I'm not launching some sort of personal attack, I just generally don't like roleplaying with an appearance I know for a fact is supposed to be someone else. As for my idea? I didn't claim some extravagant originality, and a Kingpin by literal definition is a term used to describe a bolt in construction or the lead pin in bowling, I think the criminal thing just sort of happened because a Kingpin is a bolt used in a pivot, or a pivotal position.

A) Just because you don't like something it doesn't mean we all have to accept your criticisms. Even if you have to express your dislike of something whenever it comes up, there are more polite ways of doing it. E is generally a rather friendly community.

B) And the most famous meaning of the word is a crimeboss, even if the word has other definitions did you think someone was going to mistake your character for the daughter of a bowling pin?

Jmorty33

Quote from: Primarch on December 23, 2012, 07:18:33 PM
Well this game is happening now not april and I want to play this character now so......no?

My character has an appearance and one part in a four part move that can be linked to a particular character and suddenly the whole character is just 'Bane.'

Tell me, lets take a look at some of your character traits.
Wears all black
Tough nut with a soft side
Loves fighting
The classic criminal Kingpins daughter (A criminal Kingpin? As opposed to what other kind of Kingpin?)

Did we come across anything unique, original or innovate yet? Because I don't see anything original in your character at all. Or would my character be a problem because he can be associated with a particular character as opposed to just being a repeated idea in general? Do I care that your character isn't original or unique in any real way? No. This is just a game on E, you have your character and I have my character. But in the end of the day, its your character and you play what you want to play and I'll play what character I want to play. Blackest Night reviewed the character and didn't find anything wrong with him and he's the one organizing the game.

First of all, the beginning of Knightfall is actually a prison breakout, breaking the Bat doesn't happen until later on. As I pointed out above, the signature attack is one part in a four part move & there's the appearance. I mean the character also has a personality & history that have nothing to do with Bane and there's 3 other parts in the 4 part signature move, but there's 2 clearly 'Bane' elements and that makes it a rip-off right?

I've been on E for 4 years, not to mention the RP I do on the numerous different sites I've been on over the years. In that time I've created more characters than I can count and generally speaking I try give my characters a bit of thought. But hey, this one character has an appearance and one part in his signature move makes him super similar to a character. I mean the guy organising the game had no problems with that, but luckily I had you two to get on my case right away. Cheers for that.
Sorry dude, didn't mean to offend.
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!

Primarch

BlackestKnight

How does everyone want their dorms/dorm mates to be decided? Do you want it to be random sort of like a lottery, vote or by some other means? I personally think it should be based on a system of likes-to-dislikes. So people are grouped based on mutual likes. Like E-harmory. For this to work I need a bigger cast. Also tag teams will be present for those who wish to form groups.

Vergil1989

Eh, likes and dislikes might be fun, especially if some of them are completely opposite of each other lol.  They do say opposites attract after all.  :P  Joking aside, we would need a bigger cast I agree since it seems we only have a few people at best, but this is around the time of the holidays so that's to be expected.

Etah dna Evol

Do you think a Street Fighter - Military Combatives (Charlie/Guile) School would be a possibility?
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

Vaulera

He said that others would be acceptable, for example, Primarch has Bryan and I have Duo Lon.

Sasquatch421

Is it ok if I throw my hat in as well? If it is I'll have a character made either later on tonight or tomarrow....

Primarch

Quote from: BlackestKnight on December 24, 2012, 03:02:31 PM
How does everyone want their dorms/dorm mates to be decided? Do you want it to be random sort of like a lottery, vote or by some other means? I personally think it should be based on a system of likes-to-dislikes. So people are grouped based on mutual likes. Like E-harmory. For this to work I need a bigger cast. Also tag teams will be present for those who wish to form groups.

I'm flexible, so toss my vote in with the popular choice and make the decision easier for yourself.

Hope everyone had a fun christmas!

Idej

Any opening, I have something I might do.

Thinking on being taught by Zasalamel :P

Vaulera

Going on who I know the best, If and when Vergil creates a character I would have mine room with his, if that's good with him.

Vergil1989

SHIT!  I should have thought of the immortal grim reaper dude lol.  He was pretty bad ass in his own right I'll give ya that, and sorry, I'll try to get a character up either tonight or tomorrow, at least get one started if nothing else.  And V, I'd be happy to have ya room with me regardless if they want to tear each other's throats out or not lol.

Vergil1989

Name:  Alexandria Takimoto Oda
Sex: Male
Fighting Style:  He combines elements of the Musoh-Battoh-Ryu, Escrima, (the Wind Dance), and Military Martial Arts
Ons:  Peace, challenges when they're appropriate, diligence, a sound mind and body, Dragon Tail, sensory play, romance, slow and sweet.  If he found the right person he would be willing to experiment further however.
Off:  Drugs, alcohol, watersports, scat, vore, death, mutilations, branding, demons, and purposeful scarring
Stage Theme:  Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Personality:  Alexandria is a determined, intelligent young man with a love for peace even if his attire which shows the bones of demons he's killed interwoven with his regular clothing might say otherwise.  Despite growing up with the knowledge his ancestors were well known hunters of all things dark and wicked, as well as the legendary swords that had challenged and tormented countless individuals throughout the ages, he is surprisingly well balanced despite the fact most people would have let such stories go to their heads.  He'd rather talk things through than fight, but when a fight is necessary he never taunts, never goads, never disrespects those he goes into the ring against.  He shows the utmost respect in all areas and situations, unless and such cases are few and far between, his anger gets the better of him and clouds his reason.  There have only been two cases when this has happened.  The first was when he had turned 12 and his twin sister was possessed by a demon which promptly disappeared before anything could be done, and then when he was 18 and the creature that had been his twin was finally put down by his own hands.  He still has nightmares about that night but they are only brought on under heavy stress.
Background:  Demons are very real even to this day and age.  So are monsters, Devils, and more but they have hidden themselves quite well in today's modern age.  Even so, clans like the Fu-Ma are still around and are still operating all over the world, taking out demonic entities across the globe.  Alexandria  can trace his lineage to the demon hunters of the Fu-Ma Clan that fought and won against Soul Edge and Soul Calibur at least five different times in the past, and so he's been able to use ki for quite some time since his power is hereditary.  Even so, he knows he has much to learn, and seeking teachers across the world using his family's riches, his parents having always been supportive of his decisions since he has yet to show any sign of wavering in his resolve to see every demonic son of a bitch put into the ground since the death of his twin sister, Aya.  Despite it happening five years ago that he had to kill his own sister, Alex still has bad dreams of that night since every resource available both mundane and otherwise had been put to use in trying to find and hopefully free her.  Instead, by the time they did find her, all trace of the young flower of a woman was gone, replaced by the monster that had taken hold of her.

He had to put every trick he knew into practice and it still was barely enough as he came out of that fight beaten and broken until he could barely stand.  He still bores the physical scars as well as the emotional ones, but his attitude towards life in general still holds true.  After that, he decided that as soon as he was better, he would sign on to teachers around the globe if it came to that, hoping that he might be able to prevent such a fate from falling upon another in the future if at all possible.  Despite wanting to destroy every dark entity he comes across, Alexandria still wishes for a world that wouldn't need people like him or those like his ancestors, so with that in mind, he hears news of a new school that was accepting people from all different backgrounds and fighting principles.  Seeing this as a golden opportunity, he signed up the first chance he got.

(Post this In Equipment & Weapon)
Fighter Aptitude
(Ranging from D,C,B,A, or S. + or -. Rank your aptitude in the following)
Strength: D
Endurance: C
Speed: S+
Skill: S-
Intellect: A+
Ki Power: B
Ki Control: D

Choose 3 masters you wish to study under.
Discipline 1:  Talim.  (One of her ancestors to be precise.)
Discipline 2:  Lars Alexandersson
Discipline 3:  Taki.  (One of her ancestors to be precise.)
Signature Technique:  Anti-Demon Blast
A form of exorcism/ki blast, specifically designed to destroy or at least exile a demon back to wherever it came from if the destructive nature of this attack doesn't work.  Either way, Alexandria found out early on that he could effect non demonic people with this move and while he's still learning the finer points of those that came before him, he has mastered enough of this skill to be quite formidable.

Several sigils appear in the air before Alexandria as he forms the appropriate hand gestures before those same sigils appear around his opponent, forming several black binding ropes around his target.  If he's able to hold his opponent in place, he'll follow up with a barrage of small ki 'darts' which pierce every joint in his enemy's body before they explode in a flash of anti-demon magic, cleansing the target if you will but for those that aren't possessed, they simply explode in fireballs.

Etah dna Evol

Name: Culloden
Sex: Male
Fighting Style: Krav Maga
Ons: Age play, Dominant/Submissive, Exhibitionism, Incest, Non-consensual, Lingerie/Lace, Masochism, Multiple Partners/Harem, Sadism, Voyeurism
Off: Bestiality, Furies, Necrophilia, Scat/water sports/body fluids, Snuff, Vore
Stage Theme: The Hands of Victory
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

In Bagdad, these swords were constructed with the melted down rifles of dead Iraqi soldiers, and the base is constructed with the helmets of dead Iraqi soldiers. It has become the symbol of a country where so many young Americans have lost their innocence.

Appearance:

Personality: Culloden is quick to anger, but his rage is a cold and simmering rather than loud or bombastic. In his fighting, sometimes his physical ability overrides his ability and his form dissipates into a flurry of quick, imprecise strikes. He has a very strong moral compass and seems to be looking for a cause.
Background: William Culloden enlisted in the active US Army at the age of seventeen. Culloden became an airborne infantryman and deployed to Iraq with the 75th Ranger Division. After seeing heavy combat for a year in Bagdad, the newly promoted to Sergeant Culloden attended Ranger School before being transferred to Israel. In Israel Culloden was embedded in the elite Israeli Special Forces unit Shayetet 13. In Shayetet 13 Culloden was trained in many military skills and trained extensively in Krav Maga. Having taken very well to his immersive training in Krav Maga and wanting to take his martial arts training further, Culloden didn’t reenlist when his four year contract expired.

Fighter Aptitude
Strength: A+
Endurance: A-
Speed: S+
Skill: B+
Intellect: B-
Ki Power: C+
Ki Control: C-

Masters he wishes to study under
Discipline 1: Colonel William F. Guile - Nash School
Discipline 2: Commander Heidern - Ikari School
Discipline 3: Bryan Fury - Kickboxing School

Signature Technique: None yet developed
- Etah dna Evol

TURN ONs and TURN OFFs

Fallenpaladin7

I am also wondering if there is any room in the game. i would like to join if at all possible.

Vergil1989

I think we could use more women overall but aye, I think there's plenty of room yet guys.

Sasquatch421

I'll have a character up sometime today, just spent most of the morning trying to get a follow up doctor appointment scheduled... Fun to say the least... I'll try to even things out and create a woman character, even if I'm not all that great with them. Practice makes perfect right?

Sasquatch421

Name: Ming Na
Sex: Female
Fighting Style: Southern Dragon and Leopard styles
Ons: having fun in the kitchen, youth, beautiful people, romance, music
Off: scat, water play, vore, snuff
Stage Theme: The stage will be Moonlight Wilderness from Tekken 5 with a large field set at night. Music well comes from my favorite fighting game....
Awe of She - Dizzy - Guilty Gear Hard Rock
Appearance:
Personality: Ming is a woman who has a tenancy to jump to conclusions and is quick to make decisions, while taking the consideration of others into account. She also takes pride in her heritage as well as her skill in fighting and cooking. Overall Ming Na is a very energetic woman who is sometimes a little silly, but still tries to establish friendships.

Background: Ming is a master chef with a problem. She wants to establish her own chain of restaurants, while her father wants her to further her martial arts training and take over teaching in his school when he retires. Ming has travelled to tournaments around the world trying to raise the money to start her own restaurant, but sadly still comes up short and the one time she managed to get it off the ground somebody burnt it down. Unknown to her that person was hired by her father hoping it would drive Ming to focus more on her fighting.

Her father has used his influence to get Ming Na invited to the school to hopefully get her into the fighting mindset. Although unknown to him Ming intends to use what she learns to make that push and actually get the money to restart her restaurants.

(Post this In Equipment & Weapon)
Fighter Aptitude
(Ranging from D,C,B,A, or S. + or -. Rank your aptitude in the following)
Strength: B
Endurance: A-
Speed: A+
Skill: A
Intellect: C when it comes to fighting S+ when dealing with cooking
Ki Power: S+
Ki Control: B-

Choose 3 masters you wish to study under.
Discipline 1: Chun Li (China School)
Discipline 2: Ryu (Hadou School)
Discipline 3: Terry Bogard (Wolf School)
Signature Technique: Big Bang Attack

Ming will overcharge herself with Ki till she floats in the air and summons a sphere of Ki energy in each hand. Combining the two into a large sphere of energy she charges it even more till it's ready. She then throws it at her opponent and charges one more blast of Ki energy in her right hand. If her opponent manages to stop the initial attack Ming will fire the last blast of energy the slam the initial blast into her opponent.

Primarch

So BK, you got an ETA on when we might be starting in?