Logged out?

Started by Rogue, March 03, 2014, 11:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue

Hey, so I have my personal devices set up to have me signed in "Forever". However, recently I've noticed that I'm being logged out of my other devices. Is this a new security feature from E? Or is this an error? I wouldn't even be asking if I didn't have a tendencies to leave my half finished posts in a tab like a dunce. >.<

Oreo

Every once in a while I get automatically logged out too. Might just be a glitch.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Rogue

That's what I've been figuring. It didn't used to happen so I was wondering.

Vekseid

Your browser may decide to expire otherwise permanent cookies, especially if the site in question makes a lot of them. While it normally shouldn't happen with E, we do use quite a few, between AJAX, the wiki, and the site proper.

Ember Star

I've been having this same problem. Not with Opera Mini, but that could be because it's my main one to just nose around on as it's fast and simple. However, with my stock browser and a couple of others I trade around on as they're better for actually writing posts and seeing codes as they're suppose to be seen, it keeps logging me out. It never did this before 2-3 months ago. I figured it had something to do with a combination of the recent updates E has had and my browsers.
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Valthazar

@Ember Star - I don't know if you have tried Dolphin Browser for mobile, but this usually keeps me logged in.

Ember Star

Quote from: Valthazar on March 04, 2014, 12:06:05 PM
@Ember Star - I don't know if you have tried Dolphin Browser for mobile, but this usually keeps me logged in.
Yeah, Dolphin-browser and Opera Classic are my two alternates besides my stock and Opera Mini
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Vekseid

Let me know if this keeps occurring.

Rogue

It didn't happen this time... It might be the cookies? I thought I had it set up not to delete E's though...

I'm using chrome consistently if that helps. :)

Vekseid

Quote from: Rogue of TimeyWimey Stuff on March 07, 2014, 12:48:04 PM
It didn't happen this time... It might be the cookies? I thought I had it set up not to delete E's though...

I'm using chrome consistently if that helps. :)

Didn't happen, as in it's no longer logging you out, or?

Rogue

Quote from: Vekseid on March 07, 2014, 01:06:03 PM
Didn't happen, as in it's no longer logging you out, or?

Got on E on my phone and it didn't log me out on my computer if that was what was causing the problem. I was still logged in like normal on my computer and phone.