A interest call: 3.5 DnD Unique Devil/Demon Campaign in Hell/Abyss (closed FULL)

Started by Zaer Darkwail, December 08, 2011, 06:13:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheGlyphstone

Sure, I'll get in on this. I love building characters, even if the game never ends up materializing.

I'm gonna go look into Obryiths, they're fun and have weird abilities.

Zaer Darkwail

Tarrasque is still pain in ass with Regenration 40 and DR/Epic and also anti-magic ray shell. Also if I allow it, then everyone wants take tarrasque as base creature :P.

Anyways the HD is based on what is base creature + class levels + whatever HD you bought with 1 CR per 4 HD as outsider.

Example Imp has 5 HD and is CR 2. So you decide to make a badass spymaster imp so you boost it by using 17 CR purely to get outsider HD. You get 68 HD from that + 5 from Imp and + eight from 1 rogue level and 7 levels as Spymaster PrC.

Hmmm, now that I think about it, I think it was 2 CR per 4 HD gained as outsider. Anyways I hope this clears up what I mean with CR vs HD issue. As said you could stack many templates and end up have 5 HD as a Imp (like stack in vampire, dark creature, unholy scion, half-fiend, ghost, lich etc) in CR 27.

TheGlyphstone

How many times can we loop Dustform Creature + Incarnate Construct until you slap us and say 'No! Bad Player!"? ;D

(A valid answer would be 'until you have Dex 1').

SomeGuy

A valid answer would also be "How many times can we loop Dustfor-" *slap* "No! Bad Player! Bad!"

TheGlyphstone

Anyone know of an acquired template that gives +2 Dex and -2 Str? That'd really warrant the slap. :)

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on December 08, 2011, 03:06:55 PM
How many times can we loop Dustform Creature + Incarnate Construct until you slap us and say 'No! Bad Player!"? ;D

(A valid answer would be 'until you have Dex 1').

I am unaware of that loop but I would say each template is applied only once if there is no specific stacking formula (like evolved undead from libri mortis).

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 08, 2011, 03:29:57 PM
I am unaware of that loop but I would say each template is applied only once if there is no specific stacking formula (like evolved undead from libri mortis).

Dustform Creature turns any Humanoid into a Construct, gives it +4 Str and -2 Dex, removes Con and Int.
Incarnate Construct turns any Construct into a Humanoid, generates Con and Int (4d6 drop lowest for each).

As-written, you can keep getting Dustformed and Incarnated over and over until you run out of Dexterity to lose, or you get the Int/Con 18 you were 'fishing' for.

PaleEnchantress

So we are doing an epic campaign? Spellcasting <3. What do you think of a Radiant Idol for me, Zaer?
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Zaer Darkwail

If you read the note; max allowed CL is 10 if base creature does not provide already better one somereason (eladrin comes to mind but may be others). Anyways Radiant Idol works for me if you mean Eberron monster from Sharn.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 08, 2011, 03:46:39 PM
Rofl, sorry, you get use that trick only once :P.

Not like I was planning to do it anyways, it's just one of those funny things out there. ;D

PaleEnchantress

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 08, 2011, 04:30:27 PM
If you read the note; max allowed CL is 10 if base creature does not provide already better one somereason (eladrin comes to mind but may be others). Anyways Radiant Idol works for me if you mean Eberron monster from Sharn.

Yep thats the one, beautiful fallen angel thats been exiled out of desire to be worshipped as a god.
" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img" class="bbc_img

Snake

Would it be possible to play a hellfire wyrm with class levels?

If not: I have a half-fiend deep dragon already prepared a CL: 21 with 6 levels of Scout and probably more abilities than he needs.

Snake

Zaer Darkwail

Sadly no, if CR is above 23 then you cannot use that base monster. You need play a younger hellfire wyrm dragon (if they have age categories) or play a another dragon (like red dragon) and then add half-fiend template to it to make it 'hell dragon' or 'abyss dragon' or what have you.

SomeGuy

So I'm thinking either Geriviar (MM3, page 52, CR 19), Spirrax (MM5, page 166, CR 18), or on the other end of CR and size a Choker (MM, page 34, CR 2).

Not sure what would work best with the group and setting though, thoughts?

TheGlyphstone

I'm going to go with Kraken as a base race, methinks. Find a way to get constant flight, and I've got a Flying Squid!

Maybe a Half-Farspawn Kraken, for ultimate tentacular glory...

Kunoichi

Hmm.  Let's see if this concept will work...

Step One, begin with a Pleasure Devil, from Fiendish Codex II.  CR 11, 12 HD, basically a more powerful, seduction-oriented Erinyes.

Step Two, take all six levels of the Fiend of Possession prestige class from the Fiend Folio.  CR 17, 18 HD.

Step Three, find some way to increase the caster level on its innate spell-like abilities by 4. (Homebrewed variant of Practiced Spellcaster?)

Step Four, using the rules on p. 156 of Libris Mortis, apply the Lich template, creating a Lichfiend.  CR 19, 18 HD.

Step Five, if allowed, use the rules on p. 156 of Libris Mortis as a guide to apply the Demilich template, creating a Demilichfiend. CR 25, 18 HD.

Step Six, fill in the last two CR with something cool.  Phantom template, Monster of Legend, or even just 4 more HD.  Whatever's appropriate.

The character will be named Demilich, and it'll be awesome. ;D

Snake

There isn't an age category for  them

But like I said: I have a Half-fiend Deep Dragon ready.

a young one but still alot stronger than a normal one would be at that age class. (19 str, 14 dex, 18 con, 20 Int, 15 Wis, 16 Cha?)

TheGlyphstone

Okay, let's see if I got this right:

Step 1: Use base race of Kraken (CR12, 20 HD).

Step 2: Apply Monster of Legend template (CR14, 20HD, becomes Outsider as required by rules).

Step 3: Apply Shadow Creature template (CR15, because it's awesome).

Step 4: Apply Air Elemental Creature template (CR17, need this for a Fly speed that isn't tied to my nonexistent land speed).

Step 5: Apply Greater Phantom template (CR19, fits thematically and has nice abilities).

Step 6: Take 8 levels of the Soul Eater PrC (Book of Vile Darkness).

Step 7: ???

Step 8: Profit. As a flying super squid. End result CR27, 28HD (20 racial, 8 class levels).

Snake

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Snake on December 09, 2011, 01:17:28 PM
That still requires water to breathe?

Good point. Okay, slapping on the Amphibious template (CR +0), and losing -2 Dex for the privilege of breathing air. Problem solved.

Snake

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Kunoichi on December 09, 2011, 12:45:35 PM
Hmm.  Let's see if this concept will work...

Step One, begin with a Pleasure Devil, from Fiendish Codex II.  CR 11, 12 HD, basically a more powerful, seduction-oriented Erinyes.

Step Two, take all six levels of the Fiend of Possession prestige class from the Fiend Folio.  CR 17, 18 HD.

Step Three, find some way to increase the caster level on its innate spell-like abilities by 4. (Homebrewed variant of Practiced Spellcaster?)

Step Four, using the rules on p. 156 of Libris Mortis, apply the Lich template, creating a Lichfiend.  CR 19, 18 HD.

Step Five, if allowed, use the rules on p. 156 of Libris Mortis as a guide to apply the Demilich template, creating a Demilichfiend. CR 25, 18 HD.

Step Six, fill in the last two CR with something cool.  Phantom template, Monster of Legend, or even just 4 more HD.  Whatever's appropriate.

The character will be named Demilich, and it'll be awesome. ;D

As note spell-alike abilities CL is based on your HD. Anyways your CR 19 with pleasure devil which is Demilichfiend. You have 8 class levels then to choose (but your 12 HD). But if you take +2 more CR for +4 more HD (and so become 16 HD creature), you can then get 6 levels as fiend of possession and so be 22 HD creature (yay for one epic feat).