Dungeon World: Delvers Company (Currently Closed)

Started by Nastara, March 31, 2016, 05:53:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nastara

Do you seek Dungeon delving and adventure without the clunkiness of map-based combat?
Do you want character interactions and bonds that go beyond Cha +2?
Do you want to help create and build the world you play in?

Current Status: Gathering Players
Okay!  So clearly there is some interest!  Good to know that before diving into too much else!  I've put below a little bit of code (also posted in the thread itself) for people to fill in regarding what kind of character they would like to play.  I would love to be able to have everyone play (and if this goes well, I want to run MORE Dungeon World), but being realistic party size probably sings best somewhere between 4 and 6.  As such, I'll be looking at characters, sexual prefs, etc, and trying to put together the game that will treat all of us best!  You are welcome to put as much into this (and provide additional information) if you wish, but I'm mostly looking for interesting characters and some degree of balance.

If you are interested in playing, please fill out the following character form:
Name:
No Gandalfs or SephriophKiller6969s
Race/Class: If your character is /not/ a core Dungeon World class, please note if you have a pdf of the playbook
Sex/Gender: All welcome (as long as we're getting a party that works well!)
Interested In: This is mostly what YOU the player are interested in. Add more if you want to: Men/Women/Trans/Futa/Masculine Monsters/Feminine Monsters/
Brief Description: At least some physical, some personality
Familiarity With DW/D&D: I'm going to try to fill DMed sections with description and pictures to help, but I'm curious about familiarity with the lore.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Daily? Weekly? Constantly but only on weekends? Just give me a little pattern.

[b]Name: [/b]No Gandalfs or SephriophKiller6969s
[b]Race/Class: [/b]If your character is /not/ a core Dungeon World class, please note if you have a pdf of the playbook
[b]Sex/Gender: [/b]All welcome (as long as we're getting a party that works well!)
[b]Interested In: [/b]This is mostly what YOU the player are interested in. Add more if you want to: Men/Women/Trans/Futa/Masculine Monsters/Feminine Monsters/
[b]Brief Description: [/b]At least some physical, some personality
[b]Familiarity With DW/D&D: [/b]I'm going to try to fill DMed sections with description and pictures to help, but I'm curious about familiarity with the lore.
[b]How Often Do You Elliquiy?: [/b]Daily? Weekly? Constantly but only on weekends? Just give me a little pattern.

To get the most out of responses:
-What sex/gender/sexuality of character are you interested in playing?
-What kind of role would you be interested in playing? (DW uses mostly D&D races/classes)
-Are you more interested in sexual relations with fellow PCs or with monsters?
Delvers Company: Origins (Starting Soon!)
Red Team OOC| Blue Team OOC| Worldbuilding

wander

Placing interest as I love this system. May not be available to post for a lil bit yet, but this is one of my all time faves. :)

Nastara

Awesome!  I'm hoping that my love and enthusiasm for Dungeon World comes through besides my lack of knowledge for formatting!

I'm definitely a little bit away from getting things off the ground, I can run DW live at the drop of a hat, but putting together a team that works for sexy-times is a bit more complicated.

Edit to intro and for here:

-What kind of role would you be interested in playing? (DW uses mostly D&D races/classes)

wander

One question I'll ask is will you allow classes put together using Class Warfare at all? I find it's probably the best supplement for DW out there. :)

Nastara

Class Warfare is on my list of supplements to really read and figure out! 

I've got it already, my instinct is absolutely!

Vonandi

Seeing as how the pathfinder game I was really looking forward to just fell though I'd be totally interested. I'd most likely be playing a straight female character, but I don't really know what role I'd pick. I usually pick whatever sounds best for the storey or a slot that isn't filled yet like if the party doesn't have a thief or something.

freeko

Well I have exactly zero knowledge of this system.  However, I would be playing a female cleric or paladin for the most part. I would be more interested in smut revolving monsters than the other players.

Faeli

I don't know the system, but wander's avatar seems to go very well with mine, so that is reason enough innit?  :P

To your little questionaire:

Female Rogue or Warrior-type, as I'm already playing a Sorceress and a Cleric in other games lol.  Likely human or elf or tiefling because I suck at playing dwarves and halflings get too close to pedo for me (sorry halflings!) 
I am open for relationships with either PCs or Monsters, but I am a total non-con painslut, so I am super okay with being used and abused by monsters.  I am also okay with being mollested by other party members, but find that never really works out (for good reason... why would the party be okay with one member being a non-consenting fucktoy?)

I do tend to have consentual relations with women and non-con relations with men, but that isn't a hard or fast rule

Jezabelle

P'interested in playing, unfamiliar with the system but willing to learn.

Any/all, whatever best compliments what others wanna do.
I like playing healing and support classes and settle for skill monkeys\sneaker deaker types when that fails\is filled already.
Oh, why, both of course.  Optimally consensually with PCs and nonCon\NTR'd with monsters but honestly it comes back to the 1st question there.

Sain

I have a particularly soft tiefling barbarian that might be fun here.
PM box is open. So is my discord: Sain#5301

Nastara

@freeko The system is pretty easy to learn as the majority of the time you can just do what you do and moves get triggered.  So if you, for example, 'attack an enemy in melee' that would trigger the Hack & Slash move which is 2d6+Strength and has results for a 10+, 7-9, and 6-.  If you are comfortable with the system, you can likely declare your own moves with very little trouble, but I can also prompt you if I think a move has happened!

@faeli Sounds cool to me! I can see how that could be problematic, though that may depend upon the party.  One nice thing about Dungeon World is that it doesn't necessarily imply full social-balance between players.  I've played a couple of games where the rogue was a captured prisoner being transported through dark and perilous dungeons that worked remarkably well!

@Jezabelle, It's a super cool system, in my opinion.  It's certainly not completely system light, but PbtA games offer a lot of interesting stuff (and once you know how to play one, the rest are pretty easy to grok!)

@Sain, Cool, cool, cool!

For people who don't have much experience with Dungeon World, here is a pdf of the playbooks and the basic moves.  I'm working on deciding the best way to store character sheets (if you have suggestions, let me know!) but this has a lot of the information.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3269630/dwdotcom/Dungeon_World_Play_Sheets.pdf

wander

I'd be interested in playing a mostly straightish male character.

Something like a rogue or ranger. Half-elf for race. I plan to tweak the ranger class using class warfare for my play style. :)

Both. :)

*waves at Faeli* Of course I very much dig your avatar!  >:)

wigglebiscuit

Very much interested in this.

Gender/sexuality: female, realizing that she is pansexual but at this point relatively naive.

Role: a halfling based loosely off of
Alfie
. A novice, but with natural potential in the rogue/thief department. Also an accomplished bullshitter.

Sexual Relations: Please and Thank You. (Both)

If I can make one teeny-weeny suggestion that you are free to take or leave, I've been much craving a street-level game. Not that I'm opposed to the occasional dungeon crawl, but I'd like to see scenarios that are less battling demons on the nether realms and more saving the kindly baker's wife from the thugs who are demanding protection money, protecting the local whores from some impish nobleman's son, and uncovering the mystery behind those strange lights at the manor house at the end of the block.

Saving the world is fine, but I'd like to keep it personal.

VonDoom

I'm also interested -- I haven't looked at Dungeon World yet, but I've heard good things about it.

Male, somewhere between hetero-flexible to pansexual depending on soberness.
If at all feasible in the system, I'd like to revive a character of mine who never really panned out in the game I originally made him for. An elven Investigator (Pathfinder class, hybrid between Rogue and Alchemist) who was raised by gnomes in a wandering circus. He claims to be a wizard.

Original Character Concept

Edmund Aelvson, Elven (Urbanite/Silent Hunter) Investigator 2

http://circushof.com/glossary.html

Known Associates:
The Moonglow Circus Troupe
Scratch Moonglow, male Gnome Illusionist. Ring Master and Edmund's foster parent.
Zhree, female Goblin Alchemist.
Lod&Yod, half-elven acrobat twins. One male, one female, otherwise identical. Both Rogues.
And many more, including the freak show, a fortune-teller, a fire-breather, a strong man….

Personality:
Edmund Aelvson. Self-declared master wizard. A loquacious wonder, showoff extraordinaire and pathological liar, he is highly intelligent and verbose. Edmund has taken to the grand dramatics of the circus and made them his own, adopting a rather eccentric appearance and mannerisms that make all but certain he stands out in any locale he deigns to visit.

He has a penchant for lying whenever he opens his mouth and the very wizard-like  ability to think himself the smartest person in any given room and talk down to others accordingly.

All of this can make him rather obnoxious, but as a born showman, his actions are as much intended to entertain as to confuse those he intends to take advantage of. His keen wit often allows him to pick out who might be amused rather than annoyed by his antics and those he makes his allies.

His own motivations are as one might expect: he likes to soak up attention, he likes to feel clever and is quick to apply his skills and mind to try and solve problems presented to him, assuming that he feels doing so is to his advantage (of course, considering how he thrives on attention, it's surprisingly easy to motivate him).

A strong penchant to travel and curious streak have turned him into an adventurer -- wealth and a magical trinket or two are a strong lure as well, he isn't altruistic by any means, but he generally prefers to avoid or circumvent danger than face it -- when he has no other choice, he tends to err on the side of bluster: talking a lot and acting like he has little if anything to fear.

Background:
Found alone and taken in as an infant by a wandering circus, the Moonglow Circus Troupe, the young elf was raised by their ring leader, a kindly gnome named Scratch Moonglow. It was he who gave him his name, Edmund, though the wizened gnome often called him his 'elf son' instead -- Edmund used this as a point of inspiration to adopt the moniker 'Aelvson' when he took to traveling later in life.

As Edmund grew older it became painfully obvious that he lacked the magical talent of his brethren despite his particularly keen mind, so after many frustrations trying to learn from his foster father he received tutelage from another member of their troupe: Zhree, a goblin and alchemist. It was she who awakened his interest in alchemy and the many applications thereof, even as he spent much time learning from the other members of their illustrious assembly - in time, he even perfected his own act, acting as secondary ring master during parts of their show and performing various 'magic' tricks that were anything but.

However, the wish to set out on his own and see where his luck and wits might get him, grew stronger and stronger and eventually he decided to part from his rather odd family-replacement and set about traveling on his own. On his way, he tricked, swindled, bamboozled and occasionally even helped out those he met. Between then and the present, he collected all manner of oddities and a reputation for chancing on adventure.

Both, I suppose? Not too into the 'get raped' angle with male characters, I'll admit, but he'd probably be happy to flirt up a monster or two. Make love, not war. -adjusts top hat-

Edit: I could switch gears to a female character, too. Rat Queens, anyone?  >:)
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Sain

I'll leave my ideas here to marinade before sleep too. Don't have a good idea of system, but eager to learn. Didn't seem too complex. The idea was that we help make setting, right? So I was thinking I could make a barbarian/tribal demonic race suitable for my character concept. I'll flesh them out more.

WIP
Phelypsis - 'tiefling' barbarian

Description: Phelypsis can seem somewhat weak at first glance, but behind her massive breasts and the fluffy furs hide an athletic frame with toned abs, and muscular arms of someone used to fighting with pure brawn and endurance. All the softness has accumulated at her chest, hips and legs. Like most members of her sub-race Phelypsis is quite tall (6'7" and rather sensitive about it). She has a sweet husky voice of someone who sounds like she really cares.

Concept: Barbarian who is very scared of angering anyone. Not too surprising considering she is from a tribe descending from vicious demons fueled by pure rage and carnage. The blood flows thick in Phelypsis and occasionally she succumbs to the demon rage in self defense or when someone she loves is in danger (didn't see any rage abilities on the pdf so maybe I'll change this to something else). Inexperienced in anything Ridiculously easy to manipulate as she only believes the best about people even if they've proven her wrong in the past.

As a side note, I really like the choices of art you for Edmund that halfling rogue.

MissFire

I'm interested! Anyone call Mage yet?
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."
    - Sima Yi

Nastara

@wander, Cool, cool, cool!  Thanks!

@wigglebiscuit, (Love the name), For the first game at least (yes, I'd love to do multiple campaigns!), I'm probably going to go for some kind of dungeony, adventurey sort of thing, but probably getting in on that feel of not being prophecied heroes so much as adventurers getting a buck!  Dungeon World freaking /sings/ when you set it inside dungeons with all that entails, so I want to be able to provide that best possible situation.

@VonDoom, I love DW, I'm hoping I can get everything working!  Yeah, I'm still trying to work out appropriate use of the sexual content within this, because I /totally/ want it, but also am not kinked up by playing big orc-dudes bangin' big hero-dudes.  Blargle! I'm playing with it all, I want things to be fun and sexy for everyone.

Also, OMFG Rat Queens so much love, but legit strong female characters and just that comic.

@Sain, The way that the game tends to work is that questions get asked ALL over the place.  The MC /could/ make the world, but the player who wants to play an elf probably cares WAY more about elves than the MC does.  So it all builds out!

@MissFire, Not yet!  I'm at the moment a little overwhelmed!  I wanted to reach out to see if there was general interest and figured I'd check out what things look like!

So many people, which is SUPER exciting, but also a little terrifying. I gotta figure out how the whole getting together a group thing works.

Dhi

Dungeon World is something an Elliquiy friend turned me on to, but we never had the chance to play it together. The narrative aspect is unfortunately not right for my regular gaming group but it seems perfect for PbP. So I'm curious and enthused about the system itself, I'm happy to contribute world building, and hey you have some cool people expressing interest here too.

A lesbian woman.

Support, maybe bard or cleric.

Yes! I have a thing for monsters.

Faeli

Ummm, correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't we figure out who is in the group before we start grabbing classes?

freeko

Quote from: Nastara on April 01, 2016, 08:07:03 PM
So many people, which is SUPER exciting, but also a little terrifying. I gotta figure out how the whole getting together a group thing works.

A possible suggestion may be to split the group into two (or more) smaller ones? The more moving parts (players) a game has, the more time everything takes to go one full circle around for at turn.

Quote from: Nastara on April 01, 2016, 08:27:18 AM
@freeko The system is pretty easy to learn as the majority of the time you can just do what you do and moves get triggered.  So if you, for example, 'attack an enemy in melee' that would trigger the Hack & Slash move which is 2d6+Strength and has results for a 10+, 7-9, and 6-.  If you are comfortable with the system, you can likely declare your own moves with very little trouble, but I can also prompt you if I think a move has happened!

I may need to be pushed in the right direction from time to time with this being a new system for me, but mostly speaking I would say that I should get the general hang of the basics pretty quickly. Famous last words.. I know ;p.

From the looks of it I want to roll high on 2d6 under most circumstances?

Nastara

I gotta figure out how to do this!  What I /may/ do is try to put together a party that looks like it would work in terms of compatible sexiness, a crew that all have the same priorities in terms of the play.  I'd love to just run however many games it takes to fit everyone (2 at this point? maybe 3?), but I'd worry about my ability to keep up with it.

Yes, Freeko, ALMOST always you want to roll high, with the exception of a death-move that triggers, well, when you die.

So, what I /may/ do is come up with some kind of basic structure for how sexiness would work and post a new thread.  It'll either be
-Ladies looking for monster-banging
-Mostly in-party banging
-Mix of in-party and monster-banging

But I /promise/ that if I post a revised thread, I'll also hit a reply in here.

Sain

Right I forgot some parts of the questionnaire.

Female. Probably pan/bi leaning feminine, but this does not need to be respected by other characters or monsters.
Monsters having their way with my chara sounds good. With other PCes there could be some sweetness for contrast.

VonDoom

Quote from: Nastara on April 01, 2016, 08:07:03 PM
@VonDoom, I love DW, I'm hoping I can get everything working!  Yeah, I'm still trying to work out appropriate use of the sexual content within this, because I /totally/ want it, but also am not kinked up by playing big orc-dudes bangin' big hero-dudes.  Blargle! I'm playing with it all, I want things to be fun and sexy for everyone.

Also, OMFG Rat Queens so much love, but legit strong female characters and just that comic.

I like the cut of your jib! ... or whatever the cool kids say these days.

Hmm. So, looking at the Dungeon World file you provided, it seems like Edmund would be difficult to do. There's the Bard, but they obviously have magic and the Rogue, but they can't really do Pathfinder-style alchemy. So unless there are class expansions that might cover the alchemist archetype or another more Investigator-like class, I think I may indeed shift gears as noted earlier and maybe go with a female Immolator, they seem pretty cool. (And would be more compatible for monster-banging than Edmund.)

Also, wow, all the references. Ogdru Jahad (Anung-un-rama! Anung-un-rama!), Zuko style. Heh.

Edit: And regarding group setup or large numbers -- you could always do applications and just pick the characters and players you figure mesh best together? Personally, I think it's best to start small and not put too much of a workload on yourself. Maybe start a second game when the first one is running smoothly and give those who weren't picked first priority if they still want in on one.

O&O

AndyZ

Most likely interested in females, but not entirely certain beyond that.  I tend to play all sorts of sex/genders.

Because I have quite a bit of experience in Dungeon World (including owning the hard copy of the book), I'll wait to see what others pick and grab up what's left.

Really depends on the monster.  Dryads, drow, etc. are certainly fun ^_^
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Dhi

Nastara, I'd rather be turned down so that you can focus on one group you feel good about than ask you to take on 2 or 3 parties. If you get overwhelmed nobody wins.

Sain

Quote from: Dhi on April 02, 2016, 05:57:19 AM
Nastara, I'd rather be turned down so that you can focus on one group you feel good about than ask you to take on 2 or 3 parties. If you get overwhelmed nobody wins.

This is wisdom and I share the sentiment. Too many times I've seen GM nervous to say no and end up having to share and repeat their ideas/inspiration between too many players for it to be as glorious as it could've been.

AndyZ

Guess I should have read through before posting, but I saw the thread and jumped to excitement >.>

It's cool if you don't have room, and if all else fails I could try to shoulder some of the burden if we see definite groups forming.

If you'd actually prefer an assistant to get things done, I could talk to you about that as well ^_^ I have Skype if you need someone to plan and prep with.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Nastara

I always hit a problem that I like concepts people start talking about.

Okay, here is what I'm going to do.  I need to spend a little bit of time coming up with a character application (gonna be sorting through some of the old ones!) and I'll let people know when it is done!  That probably won't happen until later this week, I've got kind of a crazy one.

Once that /does/ happen, it'll be a pretty brief application, I don't want people to get stuck working forevskies and then not ending up in it. I'm hoping to do it kind of like a musical round; Group 1 I'll start up immediately, Group 2 when I'm comfortable with the work load and able to pick up another (probs not until at LEAST a couple of weeks), Group 3 if I get there.

I hope this feels cool with people!

wigglebiscuit

Have you heard of the Ptolus setting? I was searching around for a city-based dungeon crawly setting and this popped up. Apparently it is a fully developed fantasy city with all sorts of dungeons underneath. It might take some of the creative load off of you.

Nastara

The name rings a bell, but I don't think I've read it! I'm mostly just hesitant to do multiple groups in one fell swoop given the time commitment of the posts involved, especially if sexy monster times are the core of sexy times!

wigglebiscuit

Hmm...I think you should decide which you want to do most. It's your game, after all.

Do you want sexy monster time or something a little more serious?

wander

Von Doom;

I'd have to check, but there may be alchemy mage rules in the Class Warfare supplement. Either that or there is very likely a free (or at least very cheap) download for an alchemist playbook on drivethru, if that's what you wanna do.

I've found the system really easy. It's 2d6 for most rolls, outside of damage, with 10+ being a success, 7-9 is success at a cost, 6 and less a failure but gain 1xp, so it's a great system that rewards for you for rolling, even if you score low. :)

Also to our GM, I'm personally okay with you taking your time and centring before getting the game(s) rolling... Also, as a cheap plug, in the sig is my Wander Worlds, I actually built it for a Dungeon World setting after originally doing it for Traveller. Links in my sig for anyone who wants to see what I did there with this setting. :)

Dhi

I'll withdraw so the player pool is not so large. All the best!

Robyn Hood

If there ends up being any room. I'd be interested. The character concept is like the Little Mermaid, a mermaid princess enthralled with the surface world that makes a dark bargain. Except instead of a sea witch it is a monster that she gives her body to and has the ability to go back and forth between legs and tail. Unfortunately is also cursed, 'vulnerable to sex'. If I play I'll elaborate with a full background.

My interests lie in a mix of PC/NPC and monster (noncon)sex. I would be a bard ^_^

Nastara

Alright, Delvers Company is OFFICIALLY GATHERING PLAYERS!

I know that some of you have put some info above this point, but for my own sanity, I'm going to be paying attention to potential characters listed below this line.  If there are any questions you feel I should have asked, feel free to add them in to your answers!  This doesn't need to be War and Peace, I just want to get an idea of what people want to play so that I can make the first group of ~4-6 players.

If players attrit, I will also be needing to add more characters at which point I'll probably directly message.

Here is some code!
[b]Name: [/b]No Gandalfs or SephriophKiller6969s
[b]Race/Class: [/b]If your character is /not/ a core Dungeon World class, please note if you have a pdf of the playbook
[b]Sex/Gender: [/b]All welcome (as long as we're getting a party that works well!)
[b]Interested In: [/b]This is mostly what YOU the player are interested in. Add more if you want to: Men/Women/Trans/Futa/Masculine Monsters/Feminine Monsters/[b]
[b]Brief Description: [/b]At least some physical, some personality
[b]Familiarity With DW/D&D: [/b]I'm going to try to fill DMed sections with description and pictures to help, but I'm curious about familiarity with the lore.
[b]How Often Do You Elliquiy?: [/b]Daily? Weekly? Constantly but only on weekends? Just give me a little pattern.

Sain

What do you mean by "familiarity with the lore"?

VonDoom

I think you may have to re-do the formatting on that code, it's kind of broken.  :-\

O&O

Nastara

I promise, I'm SO much better at GMing than I am at coding.  I'll take a look at it right after I send this post.

By familiarity with the lore, I mean essentially 'Are you familiar with the tropes of Dungeons & Dragons?'  If I told you that you can have a 10 foot pole, does that fill your heart with glee?  Do you know what a beholder, a blink dog, and a displacer beast are?  Is the only dragon you've ever seen voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch?  It's definitely not something I intend to cut party lines along, but it /is/ helpful for me as a GM.  If the tropes are super familiar, then it may be boring to just use them straight up, but I don't want to invert tropes that won't mean anything to anybody.

(And I think that's fixed!)

AndyZ

I'll hold back a bit and let others who aren't as familiar get first pick with classes ^_^

Nastara

You can feel free to post if you'd like, AndyZ!  This isn't going first come, first served!

VonDoom

Is the Immolator in the link you provided a core class? I didn't see it in other 'core' collections I found.

O&O

AndyZ

Quote from: Nastara on April 04, 2016, 01:38:37 PM
You can feel free to post if you'd like, AndyZ!  This isn't going first come, first served!

I know ^_^ It's more that there seem to be quite a few people who are new, and I'd feel bad if someone really wanted a particular class but I'd already grabbed it.

Nastara

@Andy, Okay!

Ah!  The history of the Immolator is a tiny bit weird.  It came out (I believe) quite a while after Dungeon World did as a charity event for a group trying to bring more women into gaming.  I know some people don't like the playbook, but I /think/ that it has more to do sexism than the playbook itself. 

The main reason I want to know if something is non-core is that I'm not currently in a situation that I can spend money on pdfs to pick up things I'm missing.  Some playbooks are also SUPER egregious in their unbalance, but this one was made by the people who made the game so (hopefully?) it's pretty good.

Edit: Reading through some of the complaints, I can kind of see it. There is DEFINITELY some weirdness with Stat-spread.  Many playbooks focus on one or two stats, Immolator appears to focus on... I'm gonna say 3, but the argument could be made that it is 4.  I think there's probably more anger than it deserves, but that is a little odd.

Faeli

Name:   Sydney Malorne
Race/Class: Human Sorceress / Wizardess / Warlock / Something similar!
Sex/Gender:   Feeemale!
Interested In:   Primarily Noncon scenes with monsters.  And adventure.  I like adventure ^_^
Brief Description:   Sydney is mercilessly sarcastic and a bit of a tease.  She keeps her hair cut short in order to better display her neck and shoulder line and keeps a firm collar around her neck which is attached to her dress, making the garment harder to remove.  She does this both to make people think about how hard it would be to get her undressed and, also, to let her ask people to help her do just that.  She prefers muted, dark colors to offset the deep crimson of her eyes and mystic symbols tattooed on her skin.  It is these symbols from which she derives her power and, should blood or filth obscure their pattern, she would lose all ability until she was able to sufficiently clean them back off.
Familiarity With DW/D&D:   I am very very familiar with D&D, but have never played DW.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?:   I am usually on and have time to post every three days at the longest

Sain

Name: Phelypsis
Race/Class: Outsider* / Barbarian
Sex/Gender: Female/Female
Interested In: Monsters that are Men/Women/Trans/Futa/Masculine- Feminine Monsters/ Really their gender doesn't matter much, but variety would be sweet. Huge fan of non-con/bondage and all things grapply, but I could go for a less smutty take as well. I think I might prefer exotic places/classic adventure with bit more exploration rather than location centric plots with this character. Progressing from lowbie adventurers into proper heroes takes forever to play out, but would be oh-so rewarding to pull off :-) Other PCes that can cuddle Phelypsis and make it all be a-okay after hardships would be nice.
Brief Description: Sitting down Phelypsis can seem somewhat weak at first glance with her eager to please demeanor, massive breasts and the fluffy furs that she loves to wear. One might presume that this demonic tribal girl could probably be pushed to do just about anything and wonder why someone hasn't already put irons on her wrists and neck. The reason becomes obvious when Phelypsis stands up. Her 6'8" frame comes with toned abs, and muscular arms of someone used to solving conflicts with pure brawn and endurance; a necessary trait for surviving the wilderness. All softness has accumulated at her chest, hips and legs, voice and thoughts. It is perhaps that last bit which has made it difficult for Phelypsis to find a squad to roll with. People usually want to have barbarian around as an intimidation factor, not as the first one to get intimidated.
Familiarity With DW/D&D: Never tried DW, but read the basics. Played much D&D.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Sometimes I can post daily, but prefer not having to. A post every few days is preferred pace.

Dhi

I'm interested in serving as a replacement if and when you need a filler character.

Nastara

Okay!  Once we're off the ground and delving, I'll definitely keep that in mind, maybe update this thread if we need new blood!

Thank you for the characters, Faeli and Sain!  They look fun!

VonDoom

And here we go, all written rather quickly. I'd want to write a full bit on background and personality for her if I'm in. :)

Name: Nuria

Race/Class: Human Immolator.
Sex/Gender: Female.
Interested In: Men/Women/Trans/Futa/Masculine Monsters/Feminine Monsters. Yes.
Brief Description: Born member of a cult that worships the 'living flame', Nuria is the priestess and vessel of her god. Fiercely beautiful, she acts much like the flame she emulates: she burns high and fast, driven by intense passions and hunger for more. Those she touches may find themselves catching flame -- or all too quickly devoured and left a husk. Both metaphorically and literally. She stands tall and blessed with a sculpted compromise between athleticism and a fully feminine figure. Two features set her apart from regular humans: her ears that are pointed and almost look elfin, which sport two helix piercings and a sharp sickle-shaped bone through each lobe. Her eyes burn a bright yellow. Both sides of her head is shaved, leaving her with a wild mohawk that ends in a long, braided tail. She wears leather armor -- of a sort.  It only really covers her arms and shoulders properly, the remaining bits look more like a particularly spiky leather bikini. A collar of the same material prominently sits around her neck.

When she came of age, the cult members sacrificed themselves to her flame, which granted her power and her unusual appearance -- and left her alone in the world. A grown woman, she decided to reach out and touch more of the world. Her frantic behaviour is in parts driven by a fear that she can never have anything permanent, for such is not in her own nature and anathema to the flame inside her.

Familiarity With DW/D&D: Very familiar with D&D, not at all with DW.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: I elliquiy daily, though for individual games I prefer a 'post once or twice a week' schedule.

Some more artwork featuring the character used as inspiration for the visual:
http://pictures.hentai-foundry.com/l/Lucien/238421/Lucien-238421-Vorgen_and_Neicul.jpg (NSFW)
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/Lucien/386862/Kamri-and-Jelthra-Chapter-27 (NSFW)
http://www.hentai-foundry.com/pictures/user/Lucien/341058/Kamri-vs.-Belvakr-RETALIATION-and-SUBMISSION (NSFW)

O&O

wander

Name: Shadowe
Race/Class: Elf/class warfare Warrior; Ranger, Sharpshooter and Shadow specialties (Basically Ranger with stealth instead of animal companion)
Sex/Gender: Cis male.
Interested In: Feminine Men/Women/Transfemales/Feminine Monsters.
Brief Description:

Shadowe is a dark haired attractive young man who seems to have a bit of human-blood about him, fitting more to the height and weight of an average half-elf than a full blooded one. Either way, compared to humans he is a short 5'6 and he is of slim more elven build. He wears his dark hair long and has pale skin.
Shadowe is a neutrally aligned sharp shooter, his general way of being speaks of his intellect and he has as quick a wit as his ability to nock arrows. He tends to err on caution but also likes to jump into adventure if coin or reward is involved, it's more for his continued survival than a lack of wanting to get to the action. He can come off as casual and 'cool' to his friends, but if someone is part of his group, no matter who they are he'll care about them as they managed to get that close to him to begin with. His favoured weapons are his hunting bow and he carries a short sword for emergencies. He has a preference for dark spots and it's almost as if he is a ranger and his companion are the shadows themselves.
Familiarity With DW/D&D: Very familiar with DW. I also have played AD&D 2nd edition and D&D 3.5. The latter was in Forgotten Realms. I'm fairly comfortable with the deal of what dungeon world is about and the tropes of the fantasy dungeon crawling in general.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: On each day, tend to post IC at most daily, though comfier with twice or three times a week.

Nastara

Me Five Minutes Ago:
Well, I'll check my emails, see if anyone posted.  Probably all gonna be the same class.  Probably all gonna be rogues.  Why do all my groups always want to be rogues?

*check*

;D :'( ;D

Robyn Hood

Name: Lorelei
Race/Class: Bard / Mermaid (human)
Sex/Gender: Female
Interested In: Adventure, maybe something more light-hearted and fun, straight/bi-curious with a good mix non-con, sex and smut with or without monsters
Brief Description:
Background (long)
Lorelei is the daughter of Lord Adriatic, leader of the Merfolk. The youngest and most beautiful of his daughters, he carefully guarded her and that protection meant she lived a secluded life. What her father did not know was that she was fascinated with the land and its people. Her kind fiercely guards their independence to the point of seclusion from the lands. To speak with an outsider, even a fellow denizen of the sea and especially a land dweller could result in severe punishment, including death. Only the most trusted sages and warriors were allowed to know anything of the surface. Her father decreed that even curiosity was strictly forbidden. So she kept a small trove of artifacts discovered hidden away in a coral reef; anything that might survive in the sea.

As a type of royalty, Lorelei received schooling to cultivate all her talents. The best of which was noticed at a very young age, her talent for music and magic was strong. She was instructed on singing and of the musica universalis. The Harmony of the Spheres, the natural power of music that exists throughout all and into the heavens, was taught to her. As she grew into a young woman, Lorelei was granted a rare gift (with much prodding and pleading to her father) the permission to learn and play the coral flute. Once, long ago she was told, the merfolk often met with the land dwellers and the flute would be used to entertain and even given as gifts! In the very rare occurrences where her kind would have to act with a surface dweller, these flutes were still used. It was quite an honor for her; occasionally many merfolk would float to the surface where she could play for her brethren. She hoped dearly that perhaps her father would one day give her the chance to be at a meeting with the land dwellers.

As she aged, along with her burgeoning talents Lorelei became bolder. Traveling ever closer to the shores, even allowing herself to be seen by those sailing on the seas. Until one day she dared to approach a solitary man on the beach, surfacing in the night as he lay by his camp. Tradak was his name and it turned out he was a scholar, older, well-travelled and well learned. Hence became their “affair of knowledge” as he liked to tease her. She would perch on the rocks and he would show her literature, art and they would talk and talk… and talk. He kept her secret, smitten by beauty and curiousness. Over time, Lorelei just became too excited. She had to explore the surface world, hatching a dangerous plan.

Lorelei gathered what she could in haste, a spear carved from red porphyry, glistening with feldspar crystals embedded within, along with her mother’s superbly crafted ceremonial armor. Woven with sea silk and embroidered with gold. To escape Lorelei sought out the sorcerer, Skrathial. He was no ordinary sorcerer, in fact he was more of an “it” an ancient and powerful Aboleth, vile and wicked. Her father and the creature had a mutual understanding, a pact wherein her people would not bother it as long as it helped to keep others at bay. Skrathial could help her, oh yes it could. Its price was steep though: her body. She hesitantly agreed and the monster seized her in an instant. The act was too much for her, Lorelei passed out as it finished. She floated to the surface in a cloud of its “mucus”, washing up on shore along with the slick. She groaned and rose to her feet…

Her feet! She had feet! And legs! She turned back to the sea and felt an odd prick on her finger. On her left hand, where her mother’s ring was on the right, was a ring of dark red, orange and black coral. It contrasted her natural, lustrous beauty and as she lifted her hand to look closer, thin needles of coral were embedded into her finger! The ring will not come off, attempting to do so became painful and she had a strange understanding the ring’s power was what allowed her to walk on land. This artifact from Skrathial was coming with her. Undaunted she pushed forward. At first seeking out Tradak, who was aghast to learn what she did at first, and sent her fleeing as she sobbed. But she had nowhere to go, nowhere else to turn! Fortunately the old man took pity, after his initial disapproval she made him swear not to tell anyone.

At first she travelled with him, dressing in plain robes to cover her garments and passing herself off as his daughter. Considering the varied difference in statue and shape, as she stood a head taller than he, they did well, relying on Lorelei’s talents to help her way. The first few months she learned much, listening with wide eyed enthusiasm on the tales he told and devoured the books he offered. In less than a year though, he took very ill. They travelled to his ancestral home where Lorelei cared for him over months. Although Tradak was weak, could not stay. Nor would the old man let her. First of all, his sons would be arriving any day and no matter her skills they would not be fooled into thinking she was a sister they never had! Secondly, he knew that she had more to learn and being cooped up in his library offered only one type of knowledge. It was the experience of being out in the world was the appropriate teacher and a teacher he insisted she would learn under. She said her teary goodbyes, promising to return one day.

Out in the world, Lorelei did her best to hide her true nature. She wasn’t sure what might happen should the people of the land find out about her. Lorelei knew that travelers on the Seas told tales that pirates were not the worst things to fear there. And there was another problem, the ring had a strong effect on her desires. Lorelei tried to fight it but occasionally she could feel the influence of the ring move through her body, unable to fight off sexual urges or completely succumbing to another’s advance. Even when she didn’t want to, she could sense her body’s betrayal just waiting under the surface. She was a fool to even consider that Skrathial could be trusted? And if her people… her father came to it, would it protect her secret or gloat. Lorelei knew the answer. As she looked at these things she “borrowed”, they would be looking for them. She pushed those thoughts to the back of her mind as she arrived at the city; traveling with a caravan as entertainer and selling the fine jewelry she had learned to make.

Lorelei was truly blessed by Shelyn, deep blue eyes and a fine face with porcelain feminine features. She is not as muscular as others of her kind, slender through her mid section with ample bosom, her curves a gift from the nymphs of the sea as her mother would say. Her silken armor hangs loosely around her, hanging low on her back, the material diaphanous in places and held in the front with an attached choker and large smooth blue stone inlaid. The entire outfit is trimmed in gold, however when she travels Lorelei hangs a large, plain gray cloak with an over sized hood to help her blend in until it is time for a performance. The hood hides her odd white-blue hair which she dismisses as albinism if asked. It is kept long with two lengths braided in the front and two in the back among the free flowing locks.

Soft spoken and kind, she greatly enjoys the company with others, taking great pleasure in the joy of others. She uses her performances to earn coin because she has to. A smile, a dancing patron or a kind compliment is all she really needs to sustain her. Worried that her timidity would seem a weakness on the surface world to be exploited (or worse reminded of the virtual imprisonment by her father under the auspices of protection and caring) she is out to prove herself. Lorelei is curious, somewhat naive given her lack of understanding of the world around her, caring, generous and good natured. She always tries to be helpful and cheery and is happiest when giving others joy. She appreciates humor and can have a bit of a sarcastic streak when the mood strikes her. She isn't meek, but neither overly aggressive. Preferring to be a peacemaker but not adverse to violence should it come to it.

Familiarity With DW/D&D: I'm familiar with D&D and fantasy tropes but with Dungeon World
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Daily when active

wander

And my character is done, back on page 2. :)

Might I also recommend for Robyn Hood's gal above that she could cross Druid with Bard, using class warfare? Because I'd have placed shifting to mermaid form as a druid power, at least their shapeshifting move covers what she wants to a tee. ^^

Robyn Hood

Quote from: wander on August 17, 1974, 10:30:13 AM
Might I also recommend for Robyn Hood's gal above that she could cross Druid with Bard, using class warfare? Because I'd have placed shifting to mermaid form as a druid power, at least their shapeshifting move covers what she wants to a tee. ^^

I'm not familiar with the rule so whatever works ^_^ It is a curse as well. I think I'm a backup anyway, so if it breaks something you can just skip me ^_^

Vonandi

I'm rescinding interest, rather leave to room for people who are more interested than I. That and the characters participating aren't exactly the type I'd be comfortable playing with anyways. No offence it that's your thing.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Since not too many people have actually posted characters, I'll throw my hat in the ring as a possible, providing that's alright this late in the recruitment. As there seems to only be one male in the party right now, I hope nobody objects if I play outside my gender...

Name: Hjalmar
Race/Class: Shifter (wereboar) (free playbook at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwTCs6XWNfLMdFJ6aHphd3dKZkU/edit?hl=en&forcehl=1)
Sex/Gender: Male
Interested In: All of the above...The more exotic, the merrier.
Brief Description: A dwarf's dwarf, exemplary of the breed in his crudeness and gusto, Hjalmar is a creature of moods. He can be lazy when sated, aggressive at the slightest hint of an insult, and nigh impossible to budge once he's decided to stand his ground. Hjalmar has all the hallmarks of the type: a thick thatch of beard rife with braids and bands of metal; a brawny silhouette, near as wide as he is tall; and a belly that's clearly tried to engulf one too many kegs of ale. He may be a bit quicker to take offense than most dwarves, but he's stalwart and loyal as they come once he's decided someone is a worthy comrade.

What does set him apart from most other dwarves is a bloodline tainted by lycanthropy. He can't turn into a boar, no, but he's hairier than most dwarves (and that's saying something) and has been known to grow goring tusks in battle...and use them. Perhaps he's a bit more long-jawed, squint-eyed and low-browed than many of his kind, but given that most folk are used to judging dwarves by the tops of their heads, who's to say? It's certain that he's a bit more feral, a bit more visceral...more given to sating his urges than most more "civilized" dwarves. He's a gluttonous feaster, a deep drinker, and a breaker of beds as well as ale-steins over heads.
Familiarity With DW/D&D: Been playing D&D since the days when "Elf" was a class and a bard had to level up through multiple classes before becoming a bard. New to DW, but I've played Apocalypse World (which DW is derived from).
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Pretty regularly. At this point in time I'm able to post 4-5 times a week, and that should continue for the foreseeable future.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Praxis

Hi Nastara; are you still looking for players/writers?

Praxis

So just in case you are...

Name: Dannilov Ebonhawke

Race/Class: Not familiar with Dungeon World (I'll check it out online) but consider him a fighter-rogue sort

Sex/Gender: Male

Interested In: Females - Female monsters

Brief Description: Dannilov; while a bit of a dandy does indeed know his way around a sword or two.  The oldest son of the Ebonhawke noble family; Dannilov is being pushed towards a marriage of convenience and political opportunity with a young woman from another noble family.  A notorious womanizer and desperately eager to avoid any sort of responsibility whatsoever; Dannilov finds himself in a situation where he can stay home and deal with an impending marriage as well as three separate young women; all with child and claiming he is the father.  One of the young women also happens to be a cousin...who knew courtly bloodlines could be so sordid?  So...it is stay at home or...take advantage of an opportunity to "defend his family's land and the people therein by delving into the depths of a nearby dungeon in order to stem the flow of evil."   (He felt as though that sounds quite adequate.)  Dannilov plays to his looks; handsome, with dark black hair and compelling blue eyes; he stands an inch or two above six feet tall and while not entirely musclebound he is trim, fit and quite capable physically.

Familiarity With DW/D&D: Quite familiar with D&D.  No knowledge of DW but I'll try to get up to speed.

How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Weekly and at times, daily.

Dhi

I haven't seen a cleric so far.

Name: Olivia
Race/Class: Human Cleric
Sex/Gender: Female/Femme
Interested In: Women, Futa Monsters, Feminine Monsters
Brief Description: It's a hard knock life, following adventures down into caverns and tombs with just an aspergillum and celestial name-dropping to protect you. You may get banged around. You may be fucked, and not necessarily always by monsters. The good news is that there are other adventurers with more meat on them, and if you play your cards right, you can walk away from absolutely anything.

So doll it up, girl! Take some pride. A hundred brushes every morning to keep that hair lustrous and luxurious. Keep that gown pretty and white and smelling nice. Remember all the ways you've been blessed, and feel a smile on your face. That's right- now you've got the look. Some may call you a career damsel in distress, or sow rumor about how many times that skirt's been hiked, but never you mind. You're in the inner circle now, princess, able to go anywhere, lay a perfumed hand on king and orc chieftain alike. Congratulations!

But watch those snacks, mind. Tubby girls get eaten by trolls, and that's a fact.
Familiarity With DW/D&D: Dungeon World has been described to me as more conversation than dice contest, and I'm really curious to try it for the first time. Lots of experience with playing and running all editions of D&D, currently playing 4E and running 5E with my offsite group.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: Daily, more on weekends

Nastara

Ugh, all of these characters are wonderful and I love all of them. GM duty of being a fan of the characters: check!
My expectation for transitioning to an OOC thread for relationship and character making is sometime on... Possibly Monday. I would love to start this weekend, but it's cray busy for me, so I figure I'll give a tiny more time for writing in character submissions.

CarnivalOfTheGoat

Had a few thoughts, but they'll wait until character creation thread is up.

My O/Os. My A/As.
Games I seek:
Savage Worlds of My Little Pony <- Just what it says. Free supplement for SW. (Or any other MLP RP!!! :D)
Eclipse Phase <- Posthuman grit SF, open source, downloadable from their web site. VERY deep worldbuilding.
Cold City <- Espionage meets the Lovecraftian supernatural. Allies in post-war Berlin chasing down the results of secret Nazi experiments
a|state <- Post-apocalyptic sort-of-steampunk, sort-of-high tech roleplay in a massive, decaying, broken-down city-state.

Sain

I may have kinda gotten a new chara idea that I might want to switch to, but shall wait until I see who get to play and such.

e. Eh on second thought the tiefling looked pretty fluffy. Better keep her.

AndyZ

No Fighter yet, so I'm going to give this a shot.  It's totally cool if things are already full up.

Name: Lynnara
Race/Class: Elf Fighter
Sex/Gender: Futanari
Interested In: Females/Feminine Monsters
Brief Description: While some people live by the strict conduct of good and evil, Lynnara long ago learned the true morality: if you're strong, you live, but if you're weak, you die.  It doesn't help that she's not physically strong whatsoever, but she's learned to make up for it with the skilled use of chain weapons.  Her preferred weapon is a long length of chain that she wields with the ease of a dancer's ribbon.
Familiarity With DW/D&D: Very familiar with both.
How Often Do You Elliquiy?: I can get out a most at least every few days, and will often do more if it seems like everyone else is able to keep up.

Nastara

Okay, I'm currently putting together information for the party (for the first adventure, at least!) based on sexual preferences and character roles.  That means that at this time applications are closed.

Information for the OOC thread and IC thread will be posted once I've contacted some characters and I'll post here when the party is finalized.

Nastara

Looks like the party is finalized for now!  I loved all of the characters put forward and I wish I could have included all of them!  Hopefully I'll be able to create another party as well!

AndyZ

Dhi

Those notified by PM I suppose. Have fun you guys!

Nastara

Just wanted to post the IC thread in case people were interested in following it!  All of you have amazing character concepts and once we're rolling a little more in this one, I may come back to this thread to draw on more people.  I'd love for Delvers Company to be a bigger group than any one party.

Another thing is, if you are interested in discussing a solo game of some kind (especially if you are a female character!), feel free to hit me with a message!  We'll have to discuss specifics kink-wise, but we may be able to work something out!