IC - Westworld

Started by Rune, November 25, 2016, 09:26:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rune

I had an idea for a Westwood styled game. The game takes place in a couple seasons in the future, where guests are mentally uploaded into hosts, blurring the line between host and guest even further. If I run this, would anyone be interested in joining?

Red Stella

Landshark

Love WW. Is your idea purely sandbox or story driven?

Rune

A little bit of both. It depends on the players. There will be a metaplot going on if the players are interested in going that direction. Or if the players rather just do western themed missions, they could do that as well.

Tytus

Pencil me down as interested.
Tytus Hale

Caitlin

I just watched the latest episode with my wife that aired on HBO yesterday, it continues to be an awesome series.

What kind of roles do you imagine we can pick from? Personally, I see seven distinct groups;
- Hosts
- Guests
- Board members
- Programmers
- Storyline writers
- Security
- Technicians

I'm guessing the first two groups would be the biggest, but I'm interested in the role of a programmer/ storyline writer myself, a bit like Ford I guess, though at a lower level and more as a wheel in the bigger machine.

I don't really fancy the idea of guests uploading their minds into the body of hosts though, I'm really taken with the concept as it is on television. They already did a great job of thinking out the concept and it kind of removes that touch of reality if you don't even have to be afraid of death as a guest when a host goes rogue. I figured I'd add it as food for thought. I'm interested in seeing where you'll take this. :-)

Rune

Part of the concept I was going to explore is if guests can upload into hosts, what happens when a host like Maeve wonders if one could download a host back into the body of a guest.