Mortal Love

Started by Sabby, March 03, 2008, 10:28:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

The imbueing. When everything you have come to know about the world is a lie. When a human being witnesses a death or great tragedy, sometimes a veil is lefted, and they see the world the way it really is. There are many more who are like them as well. They see the dark spirits, the magical power of the underworld, monsters masquerading as humans. For some, it drives them crazy, and never ecover, but for others, they adopt this new world and come to its folds. Some willingly, some just... adjusting.

Now with eyes and minds open, so too do their bodies adjust and adapt. To those that retain most of their normal lives, this is just a new element to them, adding another layer to their days. This is the truth of four childhood friends who witness a cults sacrifice of a virgin, thinking it was just a high school initiation. This was their imbueing, and over the years, they have gone through life as smoothly as can be expected.

Sure, they know of demons, they see the veiled world around them, hell, they are even demons in a sense themselves, but they have adjusted. They're just the same ring of friends, getting through college and young adulthood, with the added faccet of mystic powers and a society hidden to many.

Freeform college drama for four players. You'll have a mortal persona, and the demon persona. You can choose which of the views you want at any time, so you can remain in the human world, or suddenly switch to see the class for fellow 'Imbued'

Could involve fighting, and most definitely a love triangle.

sciencemile

I'm interested, but I'm wondering about Players Wanted threads; are you allowed to provide a link to the thread containing your game within this thread, or do you have to do that through PMs?

But anways, Sign me up :), I'll PM you a general description and backstory, or fill out any template you may have.

Sabby

I'm usually pretty easy like that ^_^ I'll take character basics and tell you if anything would need altering to match the game better.

sciencemile

Thanks :D, wasn't sure the nature of the intiation, so I just made up the stuff, feel free to correct me on the background around the actual Sacrifice portion.

Sabby

The initiation is basically just a sorority of brain washing cult members. Naturally, after they are so zelous/stupid as to kill someone in a public party, the cult won't around for much longer... so they won't be in the game. All that happens is a seemingly normal college party game to initiate a new member, and turns into a blood bath, and so the friends are imbued.

I have a nice power along too...

sciencemile

So would "ten minutes in the closet" be that sort of game? lol, cuz I don't see Charades turning into a ritualistic sacrifice XD.

Paddles?  A sort of Beat-In?  None of the Above?  Are we going to roleplay out that night, and then fast-forward to the future?

Sabby

If it appeals, yes, we can act out the sacrifice party. Keep in mind that no one aware of whats going down accept the handful of cult members. And I have an idea of how the initiation will suddenly turn bloody. Its nothing supernatural, just a bunch of kids who read too many horror novels and were malnourished and brainwashed, and so somehow believe killing this poor girl will aide whatever unholy diety they think they worship. Just nonesense that has no ties to the real demonic world.

sciencemile

Yeah, that sounds good, sounds very appealing, literature-wise.  Looking forward to it :)

Sabby

Great :) now we need two more people, preferably as female players to balance the group.

sciencemile

I'm surprised more people aren't jumping at this, it sounds like it's going to be a great plot...

Oh, and can you guess where I got the inspiration for my Demon-form from?  *grins*

Sabby

I honestly don't remember the character :/ its been a little bit since I pitched this.

But I'm balancing out and polishing off my characters powers. I have so wanted to incorporate abilities fueled by blood and self harm before, but never had a chance to give it a decent try.

sciencemile

Man, that sounds compelling, reminds me of this one character off of an Anime called Seaman, who's blood can be used for making water-demons: the more blood he uses, the stronger the demon O_o

Sabby

I was thinking he could have a ceremonial knife, and slashing himself fuels his abilities. Drag it down his arm, throw his hand up, and cinematic summoning of a Blood Shield. Or something that really needs tweaking, but a whip of boiling blood.

sciencemile

Ooh, sounds awesome ;D

Fyrangel

I"m definitely game... to use a Succubus power type character... using sex and such for gaining power and strength.

Sabby

Sweet ^_^ now for Female Role #2

Jefepato

Hm...I could give it a try.  Not sure what sort of character to play, though.

Sabby

Well, it shouldn't be an issue either way. I doubt you could unbalance it.

Ok, everyone think on what you want for characters and just get a polish on everything and PM me a green light :)

And Jefe, I haven't forgotton about Academy of Heroines. Serenity-Vixen has been away for a while, and so the games stalled.

sciencemile

So you want me to resend you my character, or do I already have the green light? :)

Jefepato

What sort of wacky demon powers does your character have, sciencemile?  (I ask because I don't want to accidentally make the same sort of character as someone else.)

Also, Sabbat, how exactly does the mortal/demon dichotomy work?  Is it a physical transformation (that normal people can't see), or are they sort of overlaid, with the mortal form always tangible to normal reality and the demon form always tangible to the magical world?

sciencemile

My demon powers are um...hehe....remember Indigo Child / Farhenheit?

Like that...he can control people's actions by taking over their minds (obviously not strong-willed people)

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed8MPXD0aVE (in case you don't know what I'm talking about lol)