News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Days of our lives-Super Hero edition

Started by Jecht, May 19, 2010, 01:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfy

Well, Raiga/Hitomi doesn't really have a secret Identity..xD

TheLovelyMaid

I'm sure there's plenty of room left, Major...

Well...Tina has a secret identity...maybe if they do live together, she has to try and make sure Raiga/Hitomi doesn't find out about it...hmm...but then wouldn't it be obvious...

*brainstorms*

Wolfy

Quote from: TheLovelyMaid on May 19, 2010, 04:57:45 PM
I'm sure there's plenty of room left, Major...

Well...Tina has a secret identity...maybe if they do live together, she has to try and make sure Raiga/Hitomi doesn't find out about it...hmm...but then wouldn't it be obvious...

*brainstorms*

Yes, there is plenty of room left, Major.

And Hmm....:P Well, hopefully she won't use that Sonic Scream when she climaxes..xD

Major Major

Name: Raymond Fowler
Nickname (optional): Captain Ceta
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Powers: "Mental Sonar", superb altheticism.
How did the powers come to your character: An incident involving an experimental medical drug, a pod of Bottlenosed Dolphins, and a capsized ship.
History: For many years a commercial sailor, Raymond left the service after a storm wrecked the coastal tanker he was serving on. He moved to Metropolis shortly after this, and now runs a bait shop.

Crovonovin

Name: Jacob Kendrick
Alias: The Procacious Parvenu
Alignment: Villain
Sexual Orientation: Doesn't ask and doesn't tell!
Powers:

Primary:
According to the Parvenu himself, he has absolutely no fantastical powers to speak of.  His body is decidedly average in physique, he is known to become winded very easily when on the job, and he cannot breathe lightning or beams of plasma from his mouth, though that doesn't stop him from trying now and again.  Nor is he an exceptionally intelligent man; though he is eloquent and bombastic, there are quite a few nonsensical (read: made up) words in his personal vocabulary, and his grasp on the sciences is essentially zero.  One might wonder, then, how such an infuriating grandstander could possibly have built up an army of shrieking metal death machines that perform his every bidding.

To put it simply, Jacob's ability is to "make things work".  So long as he believes something will function according to his whims, it will do so perfectly.  Many of his robotic henchmen don't even have any sort of power-source, let alone working joints and mechanisms.  He just puts them together, presses a fanciful red button, and they come to life regardless of the laws of physics.  If he were to fill a cardboard tube with rocks and point it at someone with the ironclad belief that they will shoot out like bullets, then they would do so immediately.  In the hands of a mastermind, this power would be absolutely devastating.

Fortunately, Jacob is about as far from a criminal mastermind as one could possibly get.

Secondary:

Excessive Politeness.  The Parvenu is civil beyond all proper reason.  He will dust off a man's jacket before his partners shoot him in the face, anonymously pay for the ensuing dry cleaning and funeral bills, and attend said funeral to pay his respects.  He is prim and proper even when fired upon, apologizing profusely for property damage (of which there tends to be a rather large amount) over the hail of bullets.  He treats both men and women with the same courtesy and respect, just as he would have either gender killed without batting an eye.  He is everything a gentleman should be, and quite a few things it shouldn't.

Weakness:  A really hard punch to the groin. 

History:

Varies.  If his own reports are to be taken at face value, he could be: the Crown Prince of Whales; a down-on-his-luck Jazz musician-turned-bank robber; a martian; an android from the year 2187;  Hephaestus, God of the Forge; Elvis Presley; Amelia Earhart; a former Presidential Candidate; a world class assassin; the son of a toy maker; an escaped genetic experiment; The Perfect Man; a former circus Ringmaster; a vampire; a werewolf; a werewolf that was bitten by a vampire; a Russian spy; one of the Fae Folk; the Man in the Moon; Death Incarnate; a bartender named William Potts; an ancient Egyptian Pharaoh returned from the grave; three leprechauns standing on each other's shoulders; a swarm of sentient bees; the owner of an extraordinarily lucrative Chocolate Factory, etcetera etcetera etcetera.

As for what he is now:  The Procacious Parvenu deals in mischief, mayhem, thievery, and jaywalking.  Particularly jaywalking.  But also a great deal of the former three.  He thrives on publicity, recognition, and creative solutions to mundane problems.  Each successive heist must be more spectacular than the last.  Bigger, louder, and brighter.  Flash with Substance.  It is a compulsion, with each robbery planned for terribly long periods of time in advance.  Some have theorized that, once Kendrick has pulled off the most magnificent bank robbery of all, one that is truly and completely incapable of topping, he will finally throw in the towel. 

Day Job: Door-to-Door Salesman

You would think that a professional bank robber wouldn't need to have a second job after pulling off one or two major successful heists.  And ordinarily, you would be correct.  However, Jacob did not get into robbery for the money, and nearly every last cent he steals eventually finds its way into the pockets of various charity organizations.  In order to make a proper living he operates his own "Miracle Machine" business out of his rather run down apartment building, where he cobbles together various gadgets out of scrap metal, makes them look sleek and high-tech, and wills them to perform various tasks and generally make life easier for the buyer.  He lives from commission to commission, but often goes quite awhile without making a sale due to the understandably sketchy nature of his products.  Nothing is quite so pitiful as seeing a self-proclaimed criminal mastermind lolling about in his heart-patterned boxers in the middle of the day, unshaven, unkempt, ravenously hungry, and with an empty fridge staring back at him.

TheLovelyMaid

So, do we have two villains as well as two heroes?

Also, for the history, Wolfy, lets just be simple and say that he knows.  But then that gets complicated, because her income is through theft.  Would he allow that?

Like sands through the hourglass...these are the days of our lives...

Wolfy

Lol...I think he'd allow it...As long as she doesn't steal from like Charities or something. Lol...Steal from the Rich, give to the Us, ya know? :P

Of course, he'll have to fight with her to keep up appearences...but perhaps the two of them just consider that foreplay? xD

Jecht

Sure, Major, I honestly didn't expect this much interest.

Well, I'm sure if people have seen other super-heroes on the TV, they would want to be know them so they don't feel alone. So I think it would good if a few of us knew each other and others didn't I guess. Just depends on your character.

In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now in our special place... waiting for you.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Jecht

Holy crap I missed a lot. Everything looks fun and I can't wait to get started....I need to make my character though...hm...

anyone know any more females that would be interested? If anything, I'll make my character have fire abilities and he would be a hot-shot ( ::) ) and hit on Tina. I think what makes it so difficult is picking between a good guy or a bad guy.
In my restless dreams, I see that town... Silent Hill. You promised you'd take me there again some day... but you never did. Well, I'm alone there now in our special place... waiting for you.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Wolfy

Quote from: Jecht on May 20, 2010, 12:56:12 PM
Holy crap I missed a lot. Everything looks fun and I can't wait to get started....I need to make my character though...hm...

anyone know any more females that would be interested? If anything, I'll make my character have fire abilities and he would be a hot-shot ( ::) ) and hit on Tina. I think what makes it so difficult is picking between a good guy or a bad guy.

Oy, that's Raiga's girlfriend your hitting on, Jecht!

xD

Jecht

Haha. Better hope he's not "hotter" than him/her/err it? I'll come up with something in a few.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

Wolfy

Quote from: Jecht on May 20, 2010, 01:07:49 PM
Haha. Better hope he's not "hotter" than him/her/err it? I'll come up with something in a few.

Lol..:P

Then again, Your character could always date one of Hitomi's clones... >:)

TheLovelyMaid

*giggles* Drama already. I love it.

I can ask around.  Or, if things get desperate, I could maybe have another character...

Wolfy

Quote from: TheLovelyMaid on May 20, 2010, 01:50:03 PM
*giggles* Drama already. I love it.

I can ask around.  Or, if things get desperate, I could maybe have another character...

and then Raiga gets caught hitting on that other character..and oooh boy does Tina get mad...xD

Lol..Drama...

Though like I said..do you think those little "Hero vs Villain" Mock battles Raiga does with Tina to keep up appearences would be considered Foreplay to them? xD

TheLovelyMaid

Crovonovin

Just checking in to see if my character meshes well with the rest of the cast.

TheLovelyMaid

Quote from: Shihong on May 20, 2010, 02:08:49 PM
Just checking in to see if my character meshes well with the rest of the cast.

Another Villain.  *cackles evilly*

The Axis of Evil is nearly complete! Muahaha...

TheLovelyMaid

Also...I think...I might have to credit the Silver Banshee for her costume. :D

Wolfy

Quote from: TheLovelyMaid on May 20, 2010, 02:27:50 PM
Also...I think...I might have to credit the Silver Banshee for her costume. :D

Sexy. :D

Jecht

I like it Shihong.  Very interesting character. Any chance my hero can be your arch-enemy? I'll post him here in a bit. Trying to decide between a "The Thing" like power or Fire.

I guess I should have added a few more things to the profile that might clear up some stuff.

Weakness-(every villain and hero has a weakness whether it's a love interest or kryptonite.
Job-What does your character do when not a super-whatever.

Sorry to add that so late but I realized it's going to be tough to weave everyone together.
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry

TheLovelyMaid

Quote from: TheLovelyMaid on May 19, 2010, 03:37:00 PM
I'm willing to take a stab at it. 

Name: Tina Nitus
Nickname (optional): Riot
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Powers: Sonic Scream
Alignment: Villain
Weakness-Fire.  It's dry heat destroys the impact her voice can make.
Job-Manages a tea shop.
History & How did the powers come to your character:  Bullied and teased in school, Tina was always the choice favorite to be picked on by others, mainly because she had scars wrapped around her throat from laryngeal surgeries when she was a child.  Before the surgeries, Tina was incapable of speech, but thanks to a revolutionary surgery, was able to speak again, even if it was softer than the regular human pitch.  During the senior prank, her 18th year, she was locked into a magician's clear trunk, where snakes were slowly released inside.  Her worst phobia, she screamed and screamed, while trapped and her post-surgery voicebox morphed into the ultra-high pitched weapon it is today, shattering the glass around her. For four years, she's created havoc around Metropolis, able to shatter nearly any object with her vocal chords (which includes glass cases, security camera lenses, and even non-plastic guns if she screams loud enough.)

When out amongst others, she's usually wearing a scarf to hide her scars, and is very, very soft-spoken.

Never again would she be picked on for the way her voice sounded.  Dedicated to using her powers only for gain and punishment, rather than help and service, Riot sometimes straddles the thin line between good and evil, almost always moving towards evil if it gives her an advantage.

Wolfy

Quote from: TheLovelyMaid on May 20, 2010, 03:03:54 PM

Teehee..Raiga doesn't have a job, because Tina always brings in all the money. :P

Wolfy

Ok, Maid, I've made it so that Raiga does have a Secret Identity..but He and Tina already know about each other and their Alter-Egos, and Raiga is ok with her stealing things..as long as she doesn't do something REALLY evil like steal from an orphanage or something. O-o

Crovonovin

Updated mine as well!

Quote from: Shihong on May 19, 2010, 06:23:19 PM

Weakness:  A really hard punch to the groin. 

Day Job: Door-to-Door Salesman

You would think that a professional bank robber wouldn't need to have a second job after pulling off one or two major successful heists.  And ordinarily, you would be correct.  However, Jacob did not get into robbery for the money, and nearly every last cent he steals eventually finds its way into the pockets of various charity organizations.  In order to make a proper living he operates his own "Miracle Machine" business out of his rather run down apartment building, where he cobbles together various gadgets out of scrap metal, makes them look sleek and high-tech, and wills them to perform various tasks and generally make life easier for the buyer.  He lives from commission to commission, but often goes quite awhile without making a sale due to the understandably sketchy nature of his products.  Nothing is quite so pitiful as seeing a self-proclaimed criminal mastermind lolling about in his heart-patterned boxers in the middle of the day, unshaven, unkempt, ravenously hungry, and with an empty fridge staring back at him.

Jecht

Name:Vincent flamos
Nickname: Ignite
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Powers: can manipulate fire
Weakness: A lot of water.
Job: works at a Carnival as a fire expert. He entertains people by jumping through fire, doing almost impossible stunts and catching himself on fire. He doesn't like people to know what he does so he is known as Iggy and wears a mask.
How did the powers come to your character: Born with it but didn't come out until he was 17.
History: Vince just lives in the city as a student to be a fire-fighter (Oh the irony!). At 18, he accidentally caught his house on fire, so he moved.He decided  it was time to try to find people like him.

(I'll draw up his costume later.)
Ons and Off
My ideas
I'm sorry