Magic...It can get a guy killed. Dresdenverse/Modern fantasy Rp Idea.

Started by Cuchulainn, October 07, 2012, 10:59:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bubby

Quote from: cuchulainn on October 21, 2012, 08:06:05 AM
Hmm I totally posted a message here where did it go? A well.

Okay first order of business where do people wish for this to be placed, I assume it would need to be placed based on participating characters fetishes and the setting.

Now, Mr Hairy, I get where you are coming from but the way I see Bubby's character is the Genie in Aladdin, someone who has a lot of power but tends not to be to overt in using it. Someone who will approach various characters in the game when they are at their weakest or in need and attempt to trap them in a deal. Of course I could be reading Bubby's intentions wrong. Also if Bubby's character was such a problem by the same logic so would Anon's character be due to his
weakness compared to most of the other characters, no magical or fighting ability, just a simple doctor about to thrown viciously
into uncharted waters...here be monsters.

This. In the books The Leananshidhe's power is referenced quite a lot, but she never really uses it. Yes, as Winter Court Sidhe she could kill at the blink of an eye, literally. But that is not the point! She will be around to attempt to broker deals with people, through wily ways, not through physical confrontation. With that being said, if anyone in the game is ever willing to be tortured a bit, I'm quite game!  >:)

Caela

Also, while the books make a point out of how powerful she is, they also make the point (repeatedly) that her power in the MORTAL realm is much more limited. Harry laments, more than once, that she wouldn't be able to do most of the things she does to him magically, if he hadn't made a bargain with her and given her a tie to him.

Don't make a deal with her and stay out of the Nevernever and you'll be fine lol.

bubby

Quote from: Caela on October 21, 2012, 02:01:34 PM
Also, while the books make a point out of how powerful she is, they also make the point (repeatedly) that her power in the MORTAL realm is much more limited. Harry laments, more than once, that she wouldn't be able to do most of the things she does to him magically, if he hadn't made a bargain with her and given her a tie to him.

Don't make a deal with her and stay out of the Nevernever and you'll be fine lol.

;D

Cuchulainn

So I shall write up the first post when I get the time, lotta' stuff been happening this week. Halloween!

Caela

That would be awesome! If you have the time. With Halloween coming up lots of folks will be partying this weekend!

bubby

helvorn

Mister Grimm

As much as I'd like to join, regrettably I'm going to have to pull out. A group RP may be a bad idea at the time since my muse is fluctuating and I don't want to slow things down. Another time, perhaps.
I've got all the things I need. It's the nature of my breed.
I'm independent, s m o o t h and confident.
Always in command with a graceful element and a tasteful compliment.
Do you know who I am?
I'm a deadly handsome man.

Cuchulainn

Aww fair enough, and I haven't forgotten about this but honestly I have barely been in the house since Friday and trying to complete an application at the same time, but it shall be posted hopefully by the end of the week!

helvorn

bubby

Genbu83

I am interestes to see how this is going. If there is room, I have ideas for an artificier concept that might work within the rules of the DresdenVerse.

Cuchulainn

No idea what an artificer is but sure, the IC thread should be popping up today.

helvorn

Cuchulainn

helvorn

Genbu83

item focused, to an extent. I am a technician of sorts, and so I want to apply my theory of electronics to magic, for a different sort of wizard....or at the least a very resourceful practicioner.

The concept is somewhat of the punk-rock, indy, hacker type as a wizard. Still swilling the ideas about in my head, but not everyone can have Dresden's conviction and focus, and so this "kid's" schitch, is ingenius us of focii and manipulation of ambient magic.

helvorn

Cuchulainn

*sigh* potions get no love.

Yea it does sound like a good idea, would be be a real one trick pony? Skilled only at making foc, being able to use them and nothing else? Or would he be a wizard with a strong preference towards foci magic.

Caela

It'd be interesting to see a hacker type as a Wizard. Especially since he wouldn't actually be able to use a computer! lol

I can visualize this inner wellspring of frustration from suddenly not being able to do something he used to like, once his magic manifested and started making electronics go ka-flooy!

helvorn

If you were really good at making 'stuff' then you could get away with not being good at flash bang attack magic.  You'd have items that could be used to duplicate those kind of effects and probably more reliably.  The bad thing is when you run out of juice in the items or if you get caught without them...

Cuchulainn

Don't forget to throw potions into the mix, potions are awesome.

helvorn

Potions are under appreciated in the books but do show up a couple of times to good effect.  I like the lust potion that Susan accidentally imbibed in the second book I think.

Anon315

Potions are great, but you're right they show up less and less after the first books. Three weeks until new book! (Some chapters up already on his web site.)

Cuchulainn