News:

Sarkat And Rian: Happily Ever After? [EX]
Congratulations shengami & FoxgirlJay for completing your RP!

Main Menu

I'll get you my pretty...

Started by Oniya, September 19, 2009, 12:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Hard to believe it, but it's been 70 years since that line was first cackled on the big screen.  In honor of the event, theaters across the country are going to be showing the movie in Hi-Def on Wednesday, September 23.  Check the site below if you want to find a showing near you. (Or if you're a weird-movie buff.)

http://366weirdmovies.com/weird-horizon-for-the-week-of-91809/
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Yakkul

Oh great... now I have a new song stuck in my head...

"I could while away the hours, conversing with the flowers..."

Kaiten

That movie never gets old. And come on, how many villains get it that bad? I mean most villains fall in a pit or something all cliche like and you don't see exactly what happens to them, but you gotta watch the witch die and suffer in a bubbly mess.

Butterflykiss

Lovelovelove this movie, and the book as well~ "Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?" So classic~

p.s. I actually do own a pair of ruby red slippers, though not set with huge red sequins, fortunately. Still, they're bright red, heeled, and I love to wear them to work with my office attire~

The Overlord

70 years? Holy crap...but what a classic how it's held up all these years.  :-)

The Overlord

Sweet, a few of these theatres are near me, I am totally going to do this...

Kaiten

Quote from: butterflykiss on September 19, 2009, 09:03:33 PM
Lovelovelove this movie, and the book as well~ "Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?" So classic~

What I love about that line, is that right after she asks that she says that only bad witches are ugly. What does that say about her idea of  Dorothy?

Jag

Is it sad that I own these:

and wear them with a plaid dress?

* Michi No Sora used to wear that to work all the time and got made fun of...V_V

I ripped the bow off the shoes. The bow was ugly...>.>
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Transgirlenstein

Aww poor Michi.

I love this movie, the sequel and the entire line of books.  Tinman was always my favorite.
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0