Return of the Mad King [D&D 5th ed. Open... Again!]

Started by Inkidu, September 15, 2014, 07:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inkidu

Muse, you need to fill in the bonds, flaws, traits and i think you're good to go.

Shadow:

In general the courts are a loose set of ideals.

Dawn: Optimism, change, starting over destruction. Fey often appear to arctic elves as elk, terns, snow hares in a kind of spirit animal way.

Light: Order, truth, resolve stagnation, inflexibility  Lynxes, tigers, narwhals.

Sunset: Wisdom, veneration, deception. Wolves, owls, foxes

Darkness: Decay, entropy, but also preservation remembrance.  White ravens, unicorns, leopards.

It's not something you're supposed to understand 100% going in. Each has good and bad qualities and their motives don't always line up with the traditional morality spectrum. Not quite as unknowable and terrifying as the Void, but somewhat more esoteric.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

ShadowFox89

I'll probably go Sunset, I imagine her as a spy/warlock, maybe working for one of the kingdoms.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Inkidu

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 03, 2014, 08:22:56 AM
I'll probably go Sunset, I imagine her as a spy/warlock, maybe working for one of the kingdoms.
Are there any gender specific things you want from your fey patron?
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

ShadowFox89

None in particular. Are there any royals who would be willing to hire an elf warlock as a spy/assassin?

Thinking LN for alignment, a personal code of honor that she follows. Though I prefer using the MTG color wheel.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Inkidu

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on October 03, 2014, 10:59:44 AM
None in particular. Are there any royals who would be willing to hire an elf warlock as a spy/assassin?

Thinking LN for alignment, a personal code of honor that she follows. Though I prefer using the MTG color wheel.
You can have a royal patron.

I'll work on it. If I get profiles soon enough we can start Monday.

I myself put a larger emphasis on the law versus chaos aspects of the alignment spectrum over out and out good v. evil.

ShadowFox89

Well, color wheel wise, she'd be red-blue-white.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

ShadowFox89

More pics of her.... (credit goes to the artist of course)

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Corinthi

Character withdrawn. Thanks for looking.

Inkidu

We've already got one sailor. You want to revise your background choice?

Kind of bummed my homebrew classes are getting ignored. XD

Also and only known by her last name deal? Just want to make sure.

Corinthi

Ahh, I picked sailor because there was already a sailor and I thought that would make a nice synergy.

I didn't see classes. I saw races, but with all the elves, I thought it was a nice theme.

I'll take another look around.

ShadowFox89

I'll type up my character once I'm finished with putting my necron army together... there's a thousand point army tournament tomorrow.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Inkidu

I did, I goofed. Meant races, was tired.  :-X

I figured that sailor had a lot of redundant abilities, so I asked. I'm not going to stop you, but I wanted to make sure. :)

Muse

Doesn't bother me having anther sailor. Maybe someone I've traveled with before. 

But it would be pretty cool to have a merman/maid or garuda around, full or half. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Inkidu

Quote from: Muse on October 04, 2014, 04:42:19 PM
  Doesn't bother me having anther sailor. Maybe someone I've traveled with before. 

But it would be pretty cool to have a merman/maid or garuda around, full or half.
Well, I just wanted to make a potential player aware that someone else had the background.

Muse

Personal Information

Player Name: Muse
Character Name: Alateer Bayran’chaan (Dragon Flower)
Race: Half Elf (Forest)
Class: Cleric
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Raven Black
Skin Color: Fair
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 200
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual, foot loose, and fancy free.
Appearance: ]

History Information

Background: Sailor
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Personality Traits: I work hard so I can play hard when the work is done. 
Ideals: The sea is freedom, freedom to go anywhere, do anything, and be the man I want to be. 
Bonds: I am tasked by Abadon to find the source of the foul winds.
Flaws: I never can say no to a pretty face. 
Allies: Tarman Val, half merman cleric of Adabon and navigator of the Foamfollower. 
Organizations: Cleric of Adabon ordained at the Temple of the Four Winds
Backstory:   Kitiri Bayran'chaan was a lethilee in service to a great lord.  Some decades ago, her lord entertained a human noble, and Kitiri was among the guards given responsibility for the security of his retinue. 

There was a sabotage attempt to the peace accords, and before the violence was done Kitiri found herself far from home wiht only her unicorn, her blade, and the human lad she'd been charged with protecitng for company. 

She's never told me who he was.  He might have been a prince.  He might have been an ambasador's aid, but Kitiri was allready fond of him ins pite of herself, and during their time together on the road she surendered to his passions more than once. 

I was born nine months later. 

I've always wondered who my father was.  Mother doesn't talk about him, but he always makes her smile.  He's probably an old man by now if he still lives.  As a boy I spent a lot of time daydreaming about him.  Up til my twenty-eigth year, I could usualy find friends among the elves.  After out growing three sets of playmtes, though, I couldn't hide my diferences from myself, and my new peers and quite thorougly caught onto their parent's distste. 

The things that adults whispered behind cupped hands the children sang out lowdly and with cruel glee.  Half-man, they called me.  Bastard.  Short-ear.  Cheek fuzz.  (I never did develop a beard.  Might have been nice to try.) 

I dreamed a lot more about my father then.  I was starting to notice girls, and my father went from romnatic hero in my mind to dashing casanova.  I also started paying attention too stories about the man who'd managed to cuckold the king of the elven gods.  The stories of Abadon seducing Salinha’laan and Daylin’vaas resulting wrath made me grin.  In a quite, petty portion of my mind, I would whisiper, "Well, if Daylin'vaas would get the stick out of his ass and satisfy his wife..." 

As I grew more mature, I started to get a better handle on my station in elven society.  Despite our free whieelign ways, we were all more than a little locked in place by our birth.  Mother would wield that sword for her lord 'til her death or retirement.  I would scrimp around the nobility, not one of them, but not a freeman either.  I would probably find some positon as a scribe, herald, or servant. 

Never one to brood, I decided not to run away from home.  I learned all I could, worked hard, and played hard 'til I came of age at forty.  In the last half decade of my youth, I learned some of the joy Abadar had found in an elfmaid's arms.  Any number of arogant noble girl's could be persuaded that the best way to get bck at their philandering baues was to enjoy a night of passion in the arms of a half man.  I got pounded for it more than once, but it was owrth every blow.  I also got stronger, tougher, faster.  I learned that by playing on the men's pride, I could get them to ahve their friend's let me up and face me one at a time.  When that happened i would usualy win.  And then there weret he times that ti didn't help.  That was hwen I learned that if I ran just long enough, my attacker's would string out behind me and I could pause long enough to lay one out before the tohers caught up and i had to run again. 

The day after my fortieth birthday, though, I made a beeline for the ocean and went too sea.  For seven years, I woked the sails, saw distant lands, flirted with mermaids and foriegn wenches.  I learned more of Abadar from a half-merman crewmate, and in a temple of coral, I swore to do his work and first received his magic.  It was also there that I recieved an eleven blade--a weapon normaly reserved for people like my mother--with a blade of folded steel and a hilt of mother of pearl. 

Attributes & Vitals

Insperation:

Attributes:
Strength 13 (+1)
Dexterity 10 (+0)
Constitution 14 (+2)
Intelligence 10 (+0)
Wisdom 16 (+3)
Charisma 14 (+2)

Saving Throws:

( ) Str. d20+1
( ) Dex. d20+0
( ) Con. d20+2
( ) Int. d20+1
(*) Wis. d20+5
(*) Cha. d20+4

HP (Current/Max): 10/10
Temporary HP: 0
Hit Dice: d8
Armor Class:
Initiative: +0
Speed: 30
Passive Wisdom (perception): (10 or 8) +5

Death Saves:
Saves-
Fails-

Attacks & Spellcasting

Name/Attack Bonus/Damage-Type
--Belaying Pin (Club)/+3/d4+1/Bludgeoning
--Lethilee(Long Sword)/+3/d8(d10)+1/Slashing
--Sacred Flame/+5/d8+3/Radiant
--Sling/+2/d?/Bludgeoning

Skills

Skills:

( ) Acrobatics (Dex) +0
( ) Animal Handling (Wis) +3
( ) Arcana (Int) +0
(*) Athletics (Str) +3
( ) Deception (Cha) d20+2
( ) History (Int) d20+0
( ) Insight (Wis) d20+3
( ) Intimidation (Cha) d20+2
( ) Investigation (Int) d20+0
(*) Medicine (Wis) d20+5
( ) Nature (Int) d20+0
(*) Perception (Wis) d20+5
(*) Performance (Cha) d20+4
(*) Persuasion (Cha) d20+4
(*) Religion (Int) d20+2
( ) Slight of Hand (Dex) d20+3
( ) Stealth (Dex) d20+0
( ) Survival (Wis) d20+3

Other Proficiencies & Languages

Other Proficiencies: All simple and Martial Weapons.  All armor and shields.  Water vehicles
Languages: Common, Forest elven, Merfolk

Traits

--Darkvision
--Divine Domain: Tempest
--Spellcasting
--Tool Proficiencies: Navigator’s tools, vehicles (water)

Equipment, Money, & Treasure

Equipment:
--Belaying Pin
--Chain Mail
--Lethilee
--Shield
--Sling with 20 bullets

--50 feet of silk rope,
--a lucky charm (piece of pink coral sugestive in form of the tree I grew up in.) 
--Belt Pouch
--common clothes
--Explorer's Pack
--Holy Symbol

Money:

CP-10
SP-9
GP-9
PP-0

Treasure:
--
--

Spells & Magic

Spellcasting Class: Cleric
Spellcasting Ability: Wisdom
Spell Save DC: 13
Spell Attack Bonus: +5

Spell Levels & Slots

(Level/Slot total/Slots Used)

0 Cantrips
--Light
--Mending
--Sacred Flame
1 (2/2)
(D) Fog Cloud
(D) Thunder Wave
--Cure Light Wounds
--Divine Favor
--Healing Word
--Sheild of Faith
2 (X/X)
--
3 (X/X)
--
4 (X/X)
--
5 (X/X)
--
6 (X/X)
--
7 (X/X)
--
8 (X/X)
--
9 (X/X)
--

ShadowFox89

I'll be able to submit a sheet on Weds, this weekend has been crazy and the first two days of the week are always 12+ hour days for me (between school and work or just school).
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Inkidu

Couple of small things, Muse:

Abadon is the wind god.

Lethio is the samurai, lethilee is the sword, lethiate is the organization

So, samurai, katana, and bushido respectively.

I'll probably have most of the support threads up by Wednesday (OOC, Character Profile Repository, References/Glossary).

Muse

Thank you!  That helps a great deal. 

Do I have it fixed now? 

Personal Information

Player Name: Muse
Character Name: Alateer Bayran’chaan (Dragon Flower)
Race: Half Elf (Forest)
Class: Cleric of Abadon
Eye Color: Green
Hair Color: Raven Black
Skin Color: Fair
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 200
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual, foot loose, and fancy free.
Appearance: ]

History Information

Background: Sailor
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Personality Traits: I work hard so I can play hard when the work is done. 
Ideals: The sea is freedom, freedom to go anywhere, do anything, and be the man I want to be. 
Bonds: I am tasked by Abadon to find the source of the foul winds.
Flaws: I never can say no to a pretty face. 
Allies: Tarman Val, half merman cleric of Adabon and navigator of the Foamfollower. 
Organizations: Cleric of Adabon ordained at the Temple of the Four Winds
Backstory:   Kitiri Bayran'chaan was a lethio in service to a great lord.  Some decades ago, her lord entertained a human noble, and Kitiri was among the guards given responsibility for the security of his retinue. 

There was a sabotage attempt to the peace accords, and before the violence was done Kitiri found herself far from home with only her unicorn, her blade, and the human lad she'd been charged with protecting for company. 

She's never told me who he was.  He might have been a prince.  He might have been an ambassadors aid, but Kitiri was already fond of him in spite of herself, and during their time together on the road she surrendered to his passions more than once. 

I was born nine months later. 

I've always wondered who my father was.  Mother doesn't talk about him, but he always makes her smile.  He's probably an old man by now if he still lives.  As a boy I spent a lot of time daydreaming about him.  Up til my twenty-eighth year, I could usually find friends among the elves.  After out growing three sets of playmates, though, I couldn't hide my differences from myself, and my new peers and quite thoroughly caught onto their parent's distaste. 

The things that adults whispered behind cupped hands the children sang out loudly and with cruel glee.  Half-man, they called me.  Bastard.  Short-ear.  Cheek fuzz.  (I never did develop a beard.  Might have been nice to try.) 

I dreamed a lot more about my father then.  I was starting to notice girls, and my father went from romantic hero in my mind to dashing Casanova.  I also started paying attention too stories about the man who'd managed to cuckold the king of the elven gods.  The stories of Abadon seducing Salinha’laan and Daylin’vaas resulting wrath made me grin.  In a quite, petty portion of my mind, I would whisper, "Well, if Daylin'vaas would get the stick out of his ass and satisfy his wife..." 

As I grew more mature, I started to get a better handle on my station in elven society.  Despite our free wheeling ways, we were all more than a little locked in place by our birth.  Mother would wield that sword for her lord 'til her death or retirement.  I would scrimp around the nobility, not one of them, but not a freeman either.  I would probably find some position as a scribe, herald, or servant. 

Never one to brood, I decided not to run away from home.  I learned all I could, worked hard, and played hard 'til I came of age at forty.  In the last half decade of my youth, I learned some of the joy Abadon had found in an elfmaid's arms.  Any number of arrogant noble girls could be persuaded that the best way to get back at their philandering beaus was to enjoy a night of passion in the arms of a half man.  I got pounded for it more than once, but it was worth every blow.  I also got stronger, tougher, faster.  I learned that by playing on the men's pride, I could get them to have their friend's let me up and face me one at a time.  When that happened I would usually win.  And then there weren't he times that it didn't help.  That was when I learned that if I ran just long enough, my attacker's would string out behind me and I could pause long enough to lay one out before the others caught up and i had to run again. 

The day after my fortieth birthday, though, I made a beeline for the ocean and took employ as crew on the Foam Follower.  For seven years, I worked the sails, saw distant lands, flirted with mermaids and foreign wenches.  I learned more of Abadon from a half-merman crew mate--our navigator Tarman Val.

At the Temple of the Four Winds, I swore to do Abadon's work and first received his magic.  It was also there that I received a lethilee--a weapon normally reserved for lethio like my mother--with a blade of folded steel and a hilt of mother of pearl. 

Attributes & Vitals

Inspiration:

Attributes:
Strength 13 (+1)
Dexterity 10 (+0)
Constitution 14 (+2)
Intelligence 10 (+0)
Wisdom 16 (+3)
Charisma 14 (+2)

Saving Throws:

( ) Str. d20+1
( ) Dex. d20+0
( ) Con. d20+2
( ) Int. d20+1
(*) Wis. d20+5
(*) Cha. d20+4

HP (Current/Max): 10/10
Temporary HP: 0
Hit Dice: d8
Armor Class:
Initiative: +0
Speed: 30
Passive Wisdom (perception): (10 or 8) +5

Death Saves:
Saves-
Fails-

Attacks & Spellcasting

Name/Attack Bonus/Damage-Type
--Belaying Pin (Club)/+3/d4+1/Bludgeoning
--Lethilee(Long Sword)/+3/d8(d10)+1/Slashing
--Sacred Flame/+5/d8+3/Radiant
--Sling/+2/d?/Bludgeoning

Skills

Skills:

( ) Acrobatics (Dex) +0
( ) Animal Handling (Wis) +3
( ) Arcana (Int) +0
(*) Athletics (Str) +3
( ) Deception (Cha) d20+2
( ) History (Int) d20+0
( ) Insight (Wis) d20+3
( ) Intimidation (Cha) d20+2
( ) Investigation (Int) d20+0
(*) Medicine (Wis) d20+5
( ) Nature (Int) d20+0
(*) Perception (Wis) d20+5
(*) Performance (Cha) d20+4
(*) Persuasion (Cha) d20+4
(*) Religion (Int) d20+2
( ) Slight of Hand (Dex) d20+0
( ) Stealth (Dex) d20+0
( ) Survival (Wis) d20+3

Other Proficiencies & Languages

Other Proficiencies: All simple and Martial Weapons.  All armor and shields.  Water vehicles and Navigator's Tools.   
Languages: Common, Forest Elven, Merfolk

Traits

--Darkvision
--Divine Domain: Tempest
--Fae Ancestry
--Spellcasting

Equipment, Money, & Treasure

Equipment:
--Belaying Pin
--Chain Mail
--Lethilee
--Shield
--Sling with 20 bullets

--50 feet of silk rope,
--A lucky charm (piece of pink coral sugestive in form of the tree I grew up in.) 
--Belt Pouch
--common clothes
--Explorer's Pack
--Holy Symbol

Money:

CP-10
SP-9
GP-9
PP-0

Treasure:
--
--

Spells & Magic

Spellcasting Class: Cleric
Spellcasting Ability: Wisdom
Spell Save DC: 13
Spell Attack Bonus: +5

Spell Levels & Slots

(Level/Slot total/Slots Used)

0 Cantrips
--Light
--Mending
--Sacred Flame
1 (2/2)
(D) Fog Cloud
(D) Thunder Wave
--Cure Light Wounds
--Divine Favor
--Healing Word
--Sheild of Faith
2 (X/X)
--
3 (X/X)
--
4 (X/X)
--
5 (X/X)
--
6 (X/X)
--
7 (X/X)
--
8 (X/X)
--
9 (X/X)
--

Inkidu

You're good. ;3

Though a little note. Things will be going slowly for the next six or so days. I'm on an internet allowance and it's getting near the end so I can't go wild with the interwebz.

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Inkidu

ShadowFox89

Have updated the sheet with some fluff information. I need a few patron though to work a background around...
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Inkidu

Okay I can do that just PM me with some basic info and I'll churn something out for you:

Male or female patron?
How high up in the court (as high as you want)?
Remind me which court?
Why did you enter the bond to begin with?
What kind of relationship do you want with your patron (romantic, antagonistic, mutual, begrudging)?

ShadowFox89

Quote from: Inkidu on October 06, 2014, 10:49:07 AM
Okay I can do that just PM me with some basic info and I'll churn something out for you:

Male or female patron?
How high up in the court (as high as you want)?
Remind me which court?
Why did you enter the bond to begin with?
What kind of relationship do you want with your patron (romantic, antagonistic, mutual, begrudging)?

Female patron, though shifting gender works too (they're a few, staying in one form doesn't matter, right?)
As high up as you are comfortable with. Higher means that Ayla is going to be involved in more dangerous plots and will provide a better plothook for you. Lower means she has less a powerful ally to call on...
I'm thinking it might have either been a family thing (ancestor promised one of his grandchildren to the fey) or Ayla was "lucky" enough to draw the fey's attentions.
Romantic at this point with the potential to devolve.
Sunset for the court.
Call me Shadow
My A/A