[Pandemonium] Recruitment V1 (Closed)

Started by Wispyr, September 18, 2015, 12:19:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wispyr

"The coming years will prove increasingly cynical and cruel
People will definitely not slip into oblivion while hugging each other
The final stages in the life of humanity will be marked by the most monstrous war of all against all
The amount of suffering will be maximal"
-Pentti Linkola,
Can Life Prevail?
Greetings writers, welcome to Pandemonium.

Pandemonium is a guided-sandbox modern apocalyptic science-fantasy that takes place in the year of 2037. Five years ago the illustrious ATLAS (Advanced Technology and Life Analysis Synchronization) Corporation discovered the lost city of Atlantis at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean. Unwittingly, ATLAS somehow triggered one of the large islands many secrets and caused it to rise from the bottom of the sea and ultimately into the sky far above it. In the moments after Atlantis rose the world knew terror like it had never seen before, in the blink of an eye approximately 40% of the Earth's population was eradicated. In the weeks that followed which history now calls The Rise, civilization was shaken by super storms, tidal phenomenon and earthquakes unlike it had ever experienced before.

ATLAS was given full jurisdiction over Atlantis by the world governments, and in the years that have come since The Rise, they have made huge technological strides. ATLAS has been very good about keeping their operations around Atlantis on the down low, refusing to make public commentary; this has created no shortage of rumors in the public about what has been discovered in the ancient city. Among the rumors is the distant whisper that ATLAS has been secretly using their private military, the Tenzin, to abduct people from their homes and experiment on them; of course the corporation who has helped rebuild the world and given the survivors of The Rise stability and peace of mind is quick to deny any such accusations.

Game play will begin as a group of these abductees, held within a secret Tenzin facility. Characters will be unaware of why they have been imprisoned, the nature of the testing being performed on them, and what their futures hold. As the story progresses the characters will discover what really happened during The Rise, the secrets of Atlantis and their own pasts; they will work together to reveal the true nature of ATLAS, the Tenzin and the companies founder, Gabriel Finch. They will strive to save the world from the creatures of Pandemonium; retake their ancestral home of Atlantis and eventually confront the great Pandemonium Gate and the realm which it leads too directly.

The world teeters on a knife's edge swaying between civilization as we know it and total annihilation. This is the end of things.

• Who's driving this bus?
    Why that would be me, Wispyr, of course!

• Should we cower in fear of anyone else?
    At this time, conceptualization of the game, I do not intend to have any Co-GM. With that said if there is enough interest in this game and it grows large enough I will be selecting one or two of the players, their interest and acceptance provided, to aid me in running, managing and keeping the game on track.

• Who can play Pandemonium?
    Pandemonium is open to any Lord, Lady, or Liege, provided they have read and are able to follow the game rules. The game is rainbow writer / LGBT friendly and all players are expected to respect that. Additionally cross-gender writers are permissible (though I ask you feel comfortable writing a cross gender character and not use Pandemonium as your testing ground for it).

• How many characters can I play?
    At the start of this game each player will be limited to one character. There is a minimum character threshold that I would like to achieve however and we are unable to fill those slots in a reasonable amount of time I will begin accepting additional character sheets from players already approved to play.

• I got here late, but I really want to play, what do I do?
    You're in luck! Pandemonium will at some point cease active recruitment, but the setting itself does allow for late introductions. Once recruitment has stopped I will need to take a look at the game world and see if it is currently possible and beneficial to introduce another character to play. Basically, shoot me a private message and express your interest and I'll let you know what we can do.

• Can I play a bad guy?
    The short answer is no. The long answer is sort of. While this game will be guided by GM events presented by myself, there may be instances where having a player who is not me play an antagonist for the group may be reasonable. Please let me know of your interest in playing a villain and or any small story arch ideas you might have that wrap around said bad guy. We'll see what we can do from there and might include it as a mini-adventure.

• Can we do it? You know, it. The nasty? The horizontal bebop? Bump uglies? Hanky-panky? Knock boots? Dude, can we have sex?
    Your various dated terms aside, I certainly hope so! Pandemonium will strive to maintain a fair balance of plot to smut. Sexual interactions between characters are out of my hands, but there will be a smut-centered plot. Basically what I'm saying is that many, if not most, of the bad guys, will have deviant sexual intentions for the players. You should be prepared for this to be a reasonably sized theme in the game but by no means the focus of it.

• Will you use tag headers for posts?
    Yes. We will. The format is included in the Character Sheet section and is to be used with all In Character posts made during the life of Pandemonium.

• What writing styles are acceptable?
    For the mutual comfort both mentally and visually of everyone involved, Pandemonium in character posts will be made using third person, past tense.

• Will player activity be monitored?
    Loosely. I'm not anyone's parent, but it is my job to look out for the best interests of the game. Ideally I would like to see every player make at least one post every 10 days or so. However I will not come head hunting you on the morning of day 11, but if I do notice frequent posting gaps or continued hold up of the main story I will likely send a gentle nudge once and then deal with it accordingly afterwards.

• In what board will Pandemonium take place?
    All main story threads for Pandemonium will be played in the Extreme Small Groups. With that said no player will attempt to push you to write story elements that you are uncomfortable with. The world is not a nice place and will contain non-con (and potentially other 'hard' kinks) elements for setting purposes, however, interactions with each player will be monitored and tailored to their individual limitations. Long story short no one is going to be forced to play a certain thing if it makes them ill, but it may happen elsewhere in the story, be advised.

• How active is the Game Master?
    I spend more hours a day on E then I am prepared to admit. I can be reached via PM's at pretty much any time, and the absolute worst case is that you'll need to wait until next day to hear back from me. I will be very active watching and guiding the story, as well as playing in it! You can expect to see a lot of me.

• I've made my character sheet, what do I do now?
    Send it to me in a PM! Please give your PM the subject title Pandemonium CS - (Character Name). Any character sheet sent to me without that subject line will be ignored. This is for my own sanity, so I can quickly and easily identify game messages in my inbox. In the same light any questions about the game should include the game title in the subject line: Pandemonium: (question). Once again this is so I can quickly follow up with you and identify game material from my usual chatter. For the love of all that is holy please do not send me no subject private messages. I appreciate your cooperation! Once I have your character sheet I will review it, discuss any issues with you, talk to you a little bit about your character and (hopefully) give you the official stamp of approval, at which time you can post your sheet in the approved character thread for the game.

• What do you mean, hopefully give the stamp of approval?
    I'm not going to fight anyone about their character. Everything should be simple enough, and if I need you to make adjustments for the health of the game I expect them to be made; I will work with you to find a solution that fits your original concept as best we can, but I will not fight you on it. If you can not abide the rules or my judgments I will simply deny your sheet and move along. Because this game has a minimum posting frequency and posting size limit, I will do a brief look at your posting history. If things appear out of place at first glance you may be asked to explain (not in detail per say, I'm not here to pry into your life) the gaps and verify that you have read and understand the quality expectations of the game.

• Why did you put all of this effort into something you didn't interest check first?
    Because I'm crazy. Moving on.

Wispyr

Five years ago the lost city of Atlantis rose from the sea floor and took flight above the Atlantic. In the minutes that followed its ascension millions of basketball sized blue globules were propelled across the globe. At first people were mesmerized by their speed and beauty, but all illusions of grandeur were shattered when the first of the balls slammed into the ground. Like a flash bang they erupted into huge domes of translucent blue light, swallowing everything for miles around the impact site. When the light faded those who had been spared by nothing more than chance were witnesses to the great culling of mankind since the black plague; all those touched by the light had the life sucked from their bodies, the areas that had been engulfed were in ruins, glass had been blown out, stone had begun to crumble, metal rusted and deteriorated. In the blink of an eye entire cities were reduced to nothing and over the next several weeks the governments of the world came to estimate that approximately forty percent of the human race had been made a casualty of the attack.

The casualties and destruction did not end with the explosive light. During the weeks that followed the entire planet was rocked by super storms, winds that toppled skyscrapers, lightning that turned street corners into rubble filled craters, rains so heavy that in many parts of the world you had to trudge through knee high water for days. Earthquakes rocked the foundation of the world, splitting the earth and swallowing entire chunks of civilization whole. Coastal cities had it the worst, the tidal phenomenon was unprecedented and the ocean angrily slammed into the coasts wiping most of them clear for miles inland. The world struggled to hold it together as governments were forcefully dismantled by mother nature. Over these three weeks of catastrophic upheaval, it was estimated that the population was reduced by an additional twelve percent.

When the dust cleared and the world finally settled back to some level of normalcy the people themselves went crazy. No longer living in terror they turned to outrage and violence, lashing out in a desperate cling for survival. The damage caused to governments left most of them unable to handle the disorder of their own people and so these world governments turned to Gabriel Finch and ATLAS to restore order and stability. By using his Tenzin military force, ATLAS worked diligently around the globe to restore control through the rule of military law. In order to return the world to a place where humanity was comfortable with Gabriel Finch unified the remaining world leaders under the banner of ATLAS Global, a single, unified world government. ATLAS Global worked tirelessly for two years to rebuild and help the people of the world, relocating many of them to the new and improved super cities: New Haven, built on the ruins of Atlanta, capital of the new world, and home of the ATLAS Tower, it is where the global government sits and rules from; Los Vegas in America, St. Petersburg in Russia, Sydney in Australia, Beijing in China, Tokyo in Japan, Munich in Germany, Barcelona in Spain, Cairo in Egypt, and Chicago in America. With two years of effort and struggle behind them, life for mankind had returned to what most of them would consider normal. People went to work, children went to school, government was back in control, stores were open, crafts were done, art was made. For the first time in a long time the collective of humanity heaved a heavy sigh of relief.

What mankind didn't know yet was that during The Rise Atlantis had released more than just a brazen attack against humanity. Magic had been reborn in the world, and souls long trapped by the spell that had sunk the great city in the first place had been released to find new hosts.

Just over a year ago, Atlantis acted up again and put the entire world on alert. An endless ray of red light burst into the sky from the cities surface and bathed the entire world in a blood red glow. For three days the world did not know darkness from light; for three days humanity looked over their shoulder in horrified anticipation of the next attack. It never came. The Days of Blood, so dubbed by the internet goers, passed without incident. However since then strange things have been reported around the globe. Rumors of people transforming into other things, concerns of monsters that stalk the night, whispers of people with incredible powers. Six months ago the word on the street was that ATLAS Corporation had discovered something on Atlantis and that they were no secretly abducting people to experiment upon. Of course, no one is willing to reject Gabriel Finch, as he is the man responsible for piecing the world back together.

In Pandemonium players will take control of individuals who were inhabited by the lost souls of Atlantis set free during The Rise. While these souls will grant the characters extraordinary abilities they will be unaware of what resides within them when game play begins. Each character will be a member of one of the five Denizen Races that inhabit earth: Humans, the longest lived people with a history that dominates most of Earth's, with unquenchable and limitless potential. Nephilim, a breed of human genetically engineered to be superior. Atlanteans, humans who have an Atlantean ancestry, and have the potential to harness that residual power. Imori, humans with Pandemonium ancestry, able to project their spiritual selves into their surrounds and see the truth of things. Or the Fae, humans with ancestry tied to the very spirit of the Earth, who can walk and talk among the animals of the world and are far more in tune with the balance of things than anyone else. Each of these unique people will then have an additional layer, a second soul if you will, of a lost Atlantean infused into their being. This infusion allows them access to magic the world has forgotten and makes them the most capable people in the world to combat the storm that is yet to come. They will have to discover their ancient past and the truth behind what happened to Atlantis and ultimately the world. There will be a number of roles that need to be filled, prominent Atlanteans reborn for the setting, but also room for you to design your own history if you would rather.

Game play will begin in the year 2037, just over a year after The Days of Blood and five years after The Rise. Characters may have previous interaction with one another or be completely unknown to one another. They will each have two things in common at worst; first each will be inhabited by an Atlantean soul and second each will have been abducted recently by the Tenzin and secretly shipped to the compound code-named "Whiteout". No character will have been at Whiteout for more than two weeks or less than two days. The facility is akin to a prison, characters wear bright white jumpsuits and are closely monitored at all times by armed Tenzin personal. They are kept in personal cells at night, but during the day hours they are allowed to wander freely through unrestricted areas of the compound. This includes a kitchen and eating area, a library, a gym room, a game room with television access, and a large outside field where they may enjoy the sunlight from behind thirty foot steel walls with electrically charged edging and patrolled by soldiers with high powered rifles.

...Of Atlantis...
Atlantis ruled the skies of the Earth since its creation; its native inhabitants, the Atlanteans were a proud and powerful people. They thrived on conquest and battle, they were masters of magic and technology. It is said that before Human kind had struck their first flames that the Atlanteans had discovered flight. Ages more advanced than the Humans who occupied their world, the great kings of Atlantis never saw fit to eradicate them for they were a weak people but within them was a great potential that if allowed to grow may one day prove to be a worthy challenge of the Atlanteans. The citizens of Atlantis were as varied as any modern human city, with skills just as plentiful. There were craftsmen and tradesmen, nobles and commoners, civilians and military, scientists and mages, teachers and students. The great city flourished under the watchful eye of its power structure. A three pointed trinity, as the trident that adorned the great cities crest.

The left side of the trident was all things scholarly and magical. Ruled over by the one called Lord Sorcerer of Atlantis. This individual reported to the king on the kingdoms discoveries and its magical finds. The Lord Sorcerer also commanded the magical forces of the Atlantean military, over saw their training -- if indirectly in most cases.

The right side of the trident was all things technology and military. Ruled over by the one called High Commander of Atlantis. This individual reported to the king on the kingdoms advancements and conquests. The High Commander directly commanded the forces of Atlantis in battle and created the standards to which the military was held.

At the center of the trident was the great royalty. Ruled over by a King, most recently Trillian, and his family. The King's job was to guide the people and the nation to greatness. To consider all things and make the choices that would direct Atlantis to more golden ages.

For ages Atlantis knew greatness, but after their eventual defeat of the Yahri (the third native race of Earth) they grew bored and stagnant. Seeking to rekindle his people, Trillian commanded the Lord Sorcerer to find them new foes to fight. To test the limits of magic and spawn enemies which the Atlantean people could conquer. It was this command that would eventually spawn the Pandemonium Gate. Some years after the order was given, the great Lord Sorcerer spun magical energy like never before and opened a rift to another world. The people of Atlantis cheered for the Lord Sorcerer and the greatest feat of magic ever preformed. They cheered for Trillian and his determination to give the people what they wanted. The great Pandemonium Gate rested at the heart of Atlantis, and from it came a great evil. It would be years before the Atlanteans could fully comprehend what they had done. They had called for great battle and got it, as creatures unlike any they had ever dreamed of began to appear on the earth.

After a particularly brutal battle that took place on Atlantis itself and resulted in the death of huge swaths of Atlantean soldiers and civilians alike, Trillian commanded the great Gate be sealed. Stating that they were not prepared to fight what they had unleashed and they needed to prevent more from coming through. The Lord Sorcerer began working to shut down his master piece, but it quickly became apparent that the Pandemonium Gate had become its own entity and that nothing they could do was going to shut it. In a last ditch attempt to seal the rift between worlds, Menaria, the prodigy of Atlantis and student of the Lord Sorcerer sucked the energy from the Gate directly into her own being. This attempt was successful, but the cost to Menaria was unknown. Before they could discover the repercussions of Menaria's action, Trillian decreed that Atlantis was no longer safe and that the world must never again know the terror of the Pandemonium Gate.

To that end he ordered the Lord Sorcerer to sink Atlantis to the bottom of the sea, burying their once prized accomplishment and hiding it from the world forever. In agreement, the Lord Sorcerer weaved a spell that plunged the great nation below the tides and sealed the souls of the Atlantean people within the confines of the city, using their ambient energy to ensure that the spell would never fade naturally.

In Pandemonium, player characters will be inhabited by one of these previously sealed Atlantean souls. Some of the named characters, and others, have been included as 'Story Souls' listed elsewhere. Players may choose to have these characters inhabiting them, or other Atlantean's who just happened to survive the Pandemonium War and were sealed away with the rest of their people. These souls will take on a mentoring role for the characters, teaching them about magic that has been forgotten, and bestowing them with powerful gifts.

Players will need to detail their Souls, and even those who have been detailed elsewhere, will have a great deal of free reign so long as it fits within the feel of the story. These souls will not be the primary focus of the game, but a supplement that is always present in the background. It is intended that at some point players will have the option to play these souls and their lives; and during main game play there may be periods of time where these souls are yanked to the fore front of the character and take control of a scene. This should give every player a fun chance to play a duality, because the original character and the person who resides within them may not act or handle situations the same way.

May 19, 1996: Gabriel Finch is born to Zachary and Sarah Finch at 03:27 in the morning.

April 2, 2010: Gabriel Finch graduates from the California Institute of Technology at 13 years old, and is recognized globally for his genius.

August 9, 2012: Gabriel Finch founds the ATLAS Corporation.

February 17, 2014: ATLAS Corporation reveals their first genetically engineered human, her name is Eve. The company promises this technology to the people of the world, with plans to make it globally available within the next two years.

December 24, 2015: Gabriel Finch pays off all of Greece's debt and officially purchases the country. ATLAS headquarters are moved to its new location over the next eight months.

January 3, 2016: ATLAS begins accepting reservations for genetic engineering and makes good on its promise to revolutionize human birth.

November 22, 2016: The first genetically engineered babies are born on schedule, healthy and without defects. ATLAS moves forward with its plan to open centers across the globe that will offer this service.

September 1, 2017: ATLAS begins manufacturing weapons and freely selling to governments.

March 9, 2018: Gabriel Finch announces the creation of the Tenzin, a private military force controlled by ATLAS to ensure peace and prosperity across the globe. At the same time, armed with the most advanced ATLAS tech, the Tenzin lock down Greece's borders and isolate the country from all travel.

July 18, 2019: China declares war on the United States and launches missile attacks against the western seaboard. Hawaii is left in ruins, much of California is destroyed. During the attacks, Gabriel Finch's parents are killed.

October 9, 2019: The Tenzin occupy Beijing and brings an end to the Long Summer War, preventing it from becoming World War III. ATLAS, and Gabriel Finch are rejoiced as heroes across the globe.

May 10, 2020: ATLAS begins selling to the public their new line of Bio-Tech Cybertronics. The age of the Cyborgs begins.

July 16, 2022: The European Union is dissolved and the European countries come together as a single nation, Europia under the rule of Queen Victoria Gales.

August 12, 2023: Meredith Swan, a U.S Politician, begins to question how big and powerful ATLAS has grown. She makes her concerns public and calls for Gabriel Finch to speak on the matter. When he refuses ATLAS popularity takes a hit, but the company remains largely un-phased.

November 5, 2024: Meredith Swan is elected President of the United States and swears to lower dependence on ATLAS products and establish and enforce transparency in their business practices.

April 27, 2025: After six years of occupation, the Tenzin leave Beijing and return control of the country to the new president Mao Xiangan.

June 7, 2025: A global activist group, DOWNFALL, is formed to protest against ATLAS. They cry out against the growing population of genetically engineered babies, and the continued use of cybertronic technology; insisting that both are diluting what it means to be human.

December 9, 2025: Paper currency is abolished, and the entire world switches over to a standardized digital currency called Olympians. This money is controlled and regulated by ATLAS in combination with the major world powers in facility aptly named Olympus.

May 19, 2026: In celebration of his 30th birthday, Gabriel Finch announces to the world his creation of an artificial intelligence named ODIN (Oversight of Documentation, Infrastructure, and Networks) and that the entire ATLAS Corporation will be switching to the ODIN network within six months. DOWNFALL slams ATLAS with negative PR, urging people to beware the dangerous path that ATLAS is taking humanity down.

September 5, 2026: ATLAS launches Deep Sea Probe Phorcys, an advanced machine equipped with state of the art sensor technology developed to accurately explore the ocean floor.

January 30, 2027: ATLAS announces that its biotech cybertronics will no longer need to be limited to the medical field and the most wealthy, but instead available for all to benefit from. The Cell-Bite is an augmentation that takes over the communication industry, replacing all needs for phones and previous forms of verbal communication.

August 9, 2028: DOWNFALL organizes a protest of 250,000 people outside of the borders of Greece. The group demands that ATLAS turn over control of Olympus to the world governments, break apart the Tenzin, shut down ODIN, and dismantle the Corporation by turning over all of their research, lands and technology over to a council to be elected by the world governments. Gabriel Finch publicly refuses DOWNFALL's demands and paints them as stragglers from a lost era bent on impeding the advancement and continued development of mankind.

August 27, 2028: After three weeks of protesting a small fight breaks out between members of DOWNFALL and soldiers of the Tenzin. While no harm is done to anyone on either side, ODIN detects the skirmish and classifies it as a hostile act taken against ATLAS. In retaliation, ODIN deploys three squadrons of MK-04 Battle Walkers, fully automated war machines, a full generation of technology more advanced than anything ATLAS has sold to any other government. The MK-04's initiate combat protocols against the DOWNFALL protesters and slaughter them without mercy or hesitation. There are no survivors.

August 28, 2028: President Swan globally calls on Gabriel Finch to answer for the actions of the Tenzin. He attempts to explain the situation and deflect blame to the protesters for attacking the Tenzin. The world is outraged and will not hear his excuses.

September 9, 2028: After several meetings, President Meredith Swan, eager to take advantage of ATLAS' atrocity, founds the CORPS (United Coalition for World Peace and Stability). She is joined with the full support and backing of President Mao Xiangan and the Chinese people, still bitter about the Tenzin and ATLAS' occupation of their country. Finally, the CORPS is also supported by Queen Victoria Gales of Europia, who is all too eager to get ATLAS and more importantly the military force of the Tenzin away from her front door.

October 4, 2028: CORPS has locked Greece down. The unified powers have come to terms with the fact that ATLAS is too ingrained in the world to simply dismantle out right. Instead, CORPS issues the mandate that ATLAS disassemble the Tenzin and turn over their military equipment. Gabriel Finch refuses and issues the counter proclamation that if even a single drop of Tenzin blood is spilled that he will unleash the full military force of ATLAS. This brings pause to the CORPS and the two forces engage in a standstill.

October 13, 2028: The United States begins to move a satellite into position to gather information from inside the borders of Greece. It is promptly blown out of orbit by a missile fired from a Tenzin watercraft off the coast of Morocco. Gabriel Finch reaches out to the leaders of CORPS and states that any attempt made to spy on Greece, ATLAS or the Tenzin will be met with unrestrained preventative force.

January 13, 2029: The standstill continues. ATLAS popularity ratings are at record lows and most projects and facilities outside of Greece have been suspended due to CORPS interference. ODIN calculates that Greece has only enough stores to last another two months.[/b]

January 15, 2029: Gabriel Finch begins secret negotiations with President Mikhail Kudrin of Russia to supply Greece with food and needed resources in return for arms and technology.

February 12, 2029: The first supply planes depart Moscow en route for Greece. This is the first time since ATLAS locked the borders 2018 that an outsider has been allowed into the country. CORPS takes note but does not interfere with the exchange.

February 13, 2029: President Swan reaches out to President Kudrin and inquires why he has aligned himself with a global threat like ATLAS and pleads for him to share information that he could gather on ATLAS via these supply runs with the CORPS. Mikhail responds quickly and refuses to have anything to do with CORPS or their blockade.

May 2, 2029: ODIN reports that DSP Phorcys has detected an unknown mass at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean that appears to be a city of some sort.

May 14, 2029: After further investigation, Gabriel Finch creates Project Poseidon and reallocates his top minds plus his own into designing and fabricating a submersible vessel capable of reaching the ocean floor.

July 4, 2029: CORPS redoubles their efforts and issues an ultimatum to ATLAS, if the Tenzin is not dismantled and their military equipment turned over by the 1st of September they will take any military action needed to dismantle the private military by force. Gabriel Finch does not reply to the demand.

August 22, 2029: ODIN reports increased CORPS movement and strategic battle placements. After running calculation, ODIN predicts that the Tenzin can not be victorious over the CORPS in an all-out military campaign, despite being able to cause massive damage. Gabriel Finch, wanting to buy time, reaches out to the leaders of the CORPS and calls for a summit to discuss options but insists that President Mikhail be allowed to attend and be part of the negotiations. The CORPS agrees and begins setting up a date and location.

November 13, 2029: The first summit takes place. CORPS leadership pushes for the full dismantling of the Tenzin. Gabriel pushes back saying that it isn't an option. However, he would be open to something less drastic.

January 9, 2030: The second summit takes place, and the Swan Peace Accord is approved. This deal states that control of the Tenzin will be turned over to the Russian government, and the borders of Greece will be maintained by the Russian military. Furthermore Russian officials will be allowed within the ATLAS Corporation to keep tabs on what is going on, and they will make detailed monthly reports to the CORPS to ensure that ATLAS does not attempt to regain control of the Tenzin or take any military action of its own.

March 6, 2030: CORPS forces pull back from their blockade around Greece, easing tension in the region. Things around the world begin to return to a state of normality. ATLAS facilities reopen around the globe, and their products begin to pick up again.

June 17, 2030: ATLAS finishes construction of the Poseidon and launched with the mission to travel to the underwater city discovered by DSP Phorcys.

June 21, 2030: The Poseidon begins its dive at the coordinates of the city. After thirty minutes, contact with the ship is lost. ODIN reports that scans from the Phorcys confirm the ships destruction. Gabriel Finch orders the project to be continued.

August 11, 2030: Tenzin forces and split up into small cells and stationed across Russia. Most of their military equipment is deactivated and stored in underground bunkers. CORPS officials begin debriefing Tenzin officers.

December 4, 2030: ATLAS satellite ASP-01, otherwise known as Heimdall, detects a massive object buried deep beneath the Australian Outback. ODIN reports that the density of chemical make up of the object can not be identified. Readings place its circumference at approximately forty-seven miles, and approximately twenty-three miles below the surface.

December 14, 2030: Gabriel Finch gets permission from the Australian government to begin excavating the object.

January 18, 2031: Digging of the largest hole in human history begins, the hole is named the Titan Shaft.

May 30, 2031: Construction of the second ship of the Poseidon Project, The Neptune, is finished.

June 2, 2031: The Neptune is deployed.

June 6, 2031: The Neptune dives, reaching a depth almost three times that of the Poseidon, however its structural integrity begins to fail and the mission is called off. Due to damage sustained at its deepest point the ship is crushed before it can resurface.

June 18, 2031: Gabriel Finch calls in professor Morio Igawata from the ATLAS facility in Japan to head the third push of Project Poseidon. This sudden roster change prompts a great deal of questions from CORPS because the Poseidon Project has never before been reported.

July 1, 2031: Gabriel Finch explains the project to President Swan and reveals the discovery that DSP Phorcys made. In the interest of discovery, Meredith allows the project to continue.

November 21, 2031: At the Titan Shaft a worker goes insane and begins killing his coworkers. He is shot dead at the scene. Doctors suggest the incident was due to a mental breakdown from heat and over working. Rumors that the dig is cursed begin to surface.

March 9, 2032: The Poseidon Project's third ship, the Suijin is completed and prepared to launch. Despite protests from Gabriel Finch, Eve forces her way into to command the ship on its voyage.

March 13, 2032: The Suijin reaches its destination and begins to dive. At 7:32 pm Eve reports into ODIN that they have reached the Atlantic floor and that there is indeed a massive city down there.

March 14, 2032: Eve and the crew of Suijin continue exploring the ruins of this ancient, lost city. When they discover what appears to be a large temple they take note of what appears to be a giant bell inside the highest tower. As the Suijin begins to move on from the tower, large turquoise colored lights begin to flare as far as the eye can see in every direction, illuminating the city. Suijin sensory equipment begins to detect large tectonic instability and movement. Over the next six hours, the city at the bottom of the ocean begins to rise from the depths until the small island state, roughly the size of Madagascar, surfaces. In the hour the follows the Suijin reports that the discovered city has not just surfaced but has actually begun to float into the air; satellite photos confirm and governments around the world begin to take notice. A teleconference is started between Gabriel Finch and the world leaders, all asking the same questions: what is going on, and what is this floating island? ODIN, after analyzing images taken by the Suijin suggests that this magical flying island is none other than the lost city of Atlantis. Before any further conversation can take place an unknown energy surge interrupts communications worldwide. From Atlantis, millions of deep blue globules are shot around the world and change it forever. As these globules make contact they display their terrifying force, killing all life within five miles of impact and destroying everything within roughly a mile of the landing zone. Approximately 40% of the earth's population is killed in minutes. Governments across the world are crippled. Large chunks of cities are left in ruins.

March 15 - April 18, 2032: The world is slammed by storms and natural disasters. People struggle to survive. Atlantis forms a large storm cloud around itself entirely obscuring it from outside view.

April 25, 2032: World leaders turn to ATLAS to restore stability in their countries. Because the Tenzin were so spread out during the attack, most of the private military force managed to survive. ATLAS resumes control over Tenzin and begins deploying worldwide to impose military law on restless citizens.

August 16, 2032: Gabriel Finch purposes a unification of people in the face of this crisis. He says only together can humanity hope to regain what it has lost. ATLAS Global, the new world government is formed. Over the following two years, the world is rebuilt and people are brought together under the flag of their benevolent new rulers. ATLAS Corporation remains a separate entity from ATLAS Global, despite Gabriel Finch serving in both.

June 18, 2033: Construction of the new super city, New Haven, is completed over the ruins of the Atlanta. ATLAS tower is built at the heart of the city and it is declared the capital of the new world. Nine cities around the world are selected to get this same treatment and be turned into giant metropolises.

December 17, 2034: The last of the super cities is completed. The world has returned to a state of near-normality.

October 23, 2036: Atlantis projects a red pillar of light into the sky. The Days of Blood begin.

October 26, 2036: After three days without night or day, the red light fades and The Days of Blood are considered over. Gabriel Finch goes into seclusion and all but vanishes from the public eye.

July 14, 2037: Rumors about monsters, super humans, and ATLAS abductions begin to circulate.

December 21, 2037: Present day

...Humans...
Humanity has been here since the start. Earth was meant to be their world. However in ancient times as a people they were sorely outclassed by their cousins, the Atlanteans. Humans had numbers, but not the strength or intelligence to go with it. All is not lost for the humans, they are a race with unfathomable potential that is often theorized to be limitless. While other races have their power up front it is usually capped and shows limited opportunity for growth. Humans, on the other hand, are natural survivors, highly adaptable to their environments. Their abilities and knowledge's may be less refined than the other races, their latent magical energies are second to none. Humans run the gambit of physical appearance and attitude. They are as diverse as they are plentiful.

Perks
  • The Human Spirit: The human spirit is an undeniable force. It's allowed them to summon momentary bursts of strength in the face of adversity. Mothers flipping burning cars to save their children, warriors of old standing even past the moment when they should have faded from life. Humans are able to push themselves further than any other race, calling on this inner potential to fuel them one or two steps longer than anyone else. They can use more magic, stubbornly endure more hardship, and brazenly go against the grain to prove they are more than just the low man on the totem pole.
  • Transference: Human energy is universally compatible. As such a Human can gift another creature with as much or as little of their power as they want, transferring their stamina and energy to replenish or empower another. In doing so, the receiving creature gains a power boost and is allowed brief access to the magic known by the donor.
  • Magic Resistance: Humans have a natural resistance to magic, their bodies adapt quickly to it. Effects that have duration's are shorted on them. Additionally magical attacks are slightly less effective against them, allowing them to endure slightly more than others.
  • Power Rating: 9-2

...Nephilim...
Nephilim is the name given to the genetically engineered humans created by ATLAS. They're a fairly new addition to the world, the oldest of them only being 21 years old. At a glance, the Nephilim are indistinguishable from Humans, but prolonged observations reveal the truth. The Nephilim are are perfect, too perfect to be Human. Their skin is flawless, it has never known too much or too little oil, it has never dealt with acne or dryness. Their features are perfectly proportioned. Their hair is unblemished. Their bodies are far more efficient than a Humans, they require less sleep, less food, less oxygen. They are stronger, faster and more durable than the typical human; their bodies are in a state of constant prime. Most Nephilim are born with separately colored eyes. While their bodies achieve their pinnacle faster and maintain it longer, it is known that they break down faster as well. Unlike humans who slowly grow old, deteriorating over decades, it is theorized that around the age of 40 the Nephilim will begin to rapidly break down and are unexpected to last past 45. Like humans, they run the full spectrum of appearances and attitudes. Because they are different, though, perfect, they often develop social oddities from being singled out from normal unaltered children.

Perks
  • Perfect Immunization: One of the many modifications made to the Nephilim is ingraining their genetic code with that of all known diseases. Nephilim are immune to viruses and disease, are resistant to poison and gas, and do not get sick. They are the picture of perfect health.
  • Enhanced Attributes: Part of their genetic modification is the increase of physical attributes. A single Nephilim is as strong as three regular people of comparable size. An untrained Nephilim can run as fast as people who have spent years honing their bodies, and if they are in the habit of pushing themselves physically they can easily set records. Though nothing about them is paranormal they are assuredly supernatural.
  • Eidetic Memory: Nephilim do not forget. Their brain processes information, sights, sounds, smells, feels, and tastes much more efficiently than a human's. A single exposure to something will be ingrained permanently into a Nephilim's memory. This is why Nephilim are commonly believed to be engineered to be smarter in addition to their other traits when in reality it's only that they have very small learning curves.
  • Power Rating: 7-2

...Atlanteans...
While it was rare it was not unheard of for Atlanteans to mate with humans during their time. When Atlantis was plunged into the ocean all pure blood Atlanteans were killed, and these Atlantean blooded people were all that remained of the once-proud civilization. In this day and age, the blood of Atlantis is completely forgotten but still flows in select individuals. Those with Atlantean blood tend to grow a little bigger than their pure-blooded human counterparts; women tend to be closer to six feet tall, and men closer to six and a half. It isn't uncommon for Atlanteans to have short tempers, and being a degree of competitive ranging from mild to extreme. Most of them are thrill seekers who dislike staying still, their ancient need for conquest makes them stir crazy.

Perks
  • Endless Breath: Atlanteans possess the ability to gather oxygen from water, it is absorbed through their skin. This ability matures over an Atlanteans life, in early childhood they would find they could their breath for incredible amounts of time but as they grow older they discover that the need to resurface once submerged is simply not there.
  • Water Is Life: An Atlantean can survive on water alone indefinitely. For them, a single cup of water is all that is needed to sustain their body for an entire day. In ancient times, they loved to feast, enjoying the spoils of their hunts and wars but the fact they did not need to made them exceptional warriors. Every soldier could carry a single canteen and have easily replenishable sustenance for days.
  • War Mind: As a warrior race the Atlanteans developed a strong tactical mind, that can not be altered. To complex to understand, and too sturdy to shape, Atlanteans are immune to all Mind Altering magics.
  • Power Rating: 6-4

...Imori...
When the Pandemonium gate was first opened, thousands of creatures from the realm appeared on earth. While most of these creatures sought to destroy the world through force, others had more subtle, invasive methods and seduced and mated with the humans. The offspring of these pairings were called Imori, humans infused with the essence of Pandemonium. Despite the closing of the Pandemonium Gate and the victory of the forces of the realm, these Imori remained hidden from the world. In the modern era, the Imori are even more rare, but not unheard of. They are humans born with oddly colored eyes, usually red or violet. This earns them no small amount of fame, but it is almost universally accepted as a rare genetic condition. Imori tend to be smaller, lither creatures rarely growing more than five and a half feet tall. Imori often have dark senses of humor and are almost always plagued by terrible nightmares. They are a people that hate the cold and thrive in heat.

Perks
  • Dark Soul: The Imori maintain the essence of Pandemonium in their very souls. This chaotic essence makes the Immori impossible to control through magical means, granting them immunity to mind control and possession.
  • Danger Sense: It is an exact science but the Imori have something of a spidey-sense. They can feel negative intent aimed towards them. This ensures that Imori are rarely caught off guard, and they make exceptional judges of character; often times being able to pull the fact from fib and analyze the true intent behind someone's words.
  • Astral Projection: An Imori can enter a trance-like state and project themselves into the ethereal realm. While projected their body becomes unaware and unresponsive, helpless to defend itself. The projected Imori can walk freely through the world, but can not interact with it. They can see and hear anything going on around them and are invisible to the naked eye.
  • Power Rating: 7-3

...Fae...
Pandemonium invaded Earth, and the very world awakened the Yahri in response. These nature spirits worked to aid humanity and the Atlanteans against the invasion. When they Yahri took note of the Imori they feared for a future threat and likewise bred with humanity in hopes to give them guidance in a later time when they might be needed. The offspring of these unions were called Fae. The Fae are gentle in nature, usually with very caring personalities. They tend to be free spirits who hate being shackled to one place and prefer the outdoors to inside in all cases. The only distinguishing trait of the Fae is, like the Imori, their eye color; all Fae are born with gold, silver or pink eyes.

Perks
  • Project Consciousness: Irrevocably connected to nature, the Fae are able to project their consciousness into any living animal and take control of its faculties. The Fae must be able to see the animal and it takes almost a full concentrated minute to project themselves. The larger the creature the harder it is to establish and maintain control. Once projected the Fae's normal body drops helplessly to the ground; vital functions continue, but they are otherwise helpless. It takes over a minute to regain consciousness once a Fae returns to their own body.
  • World Sense: Fae are connected to the turn of the world. They always know what direction they are facing, the precise time, and where in the world they are.
  • Wind Whisper: When acting as guardians to mankind the Fae developed a way to speak on the wind. They don't need to be able to make sound, they can silently mouth the words and they will mystically be carried to their intended targets.
  • Power Rating: 8-3

Wispyr

1) No Drama: We're all adults here; there are better ways to handle things than throwing a tantrum and stomping your feet.
2) No Drama: I'm serious. It won't be tolerated, and if you're the source of it, you'll be asked to leave.
3) Word Count: Posts made in main story threads are to be 350 words at a minimum. Any less and you will be asked to rewrite or remove it. Posts made in side story threads are to be a minimum of 250 words. Posts made in the individual one on one (sex) scenes are free game, and to be determined by the participants. If your muse is drained give it time to recover before posting or partner with someone for inspiration.
4) Post Frequency: We would like each player to post at least one time in the main story threads every ten (10) days. If the game is waiting on you for longer than twelve (12) days, you will be gently nudged in a PM by a GM. If no post has happened after fourteen (14) days, your character will be NPC'd by a GM to the best of their ability and you will be nudged once again. If no post or response has been made after twenty (20) days your character will be removed from the game by whatever means the GM sees fit.
5) OOC Chatter: Is to be kept in the Out of Character thread, which will be created upon game start. OOC chatter in story threads will not be tolerated. Until the creation of the OOC thread this recruitment thread will serve as such, feel free to chat it up.
6) Communicate: With me and your fellow players. Do not leave the game hanging without notice. We're all going to understand that your pool burned down and you need time to mourn, but if you vanish without notice you can't be surprised if the game has moved on without you. Please be prompt in notifying me and any players your characters are directly interacting with of your absence. When notifying me of a prolonged absence please do so via a PM and not in the OOC thread.
7) Sexual Encounters: We understand, and encourage, a healthy amount of smut in the game. However, there are only so many ways this can be written and too much smut will bog down a game. When characters engage in such an encounter please make a side thread in whatever board is appropriate. Intimacy is fine in story threads and again encouraged, but when the clothes come off please move it and include a link to where the story can be followed at the end of your last post. Doing it this way we can assume the sex occurs in its own space time, and happened somewhere in the games own history.
8) Character Control: It is never permissible to control the actions, thoughts, or assumptions of another player's character. It may be okay to dictate the actions of NPC's of your creation or bad guys during certain periods but please do not attempt to play for other players unless you have their express permission to do so.
9) Engage Others: At the end of the day we're all here to have a good time. I won't watch someone be excluded from the game. Include everyone who is approved, support those who are interested, and be proactive in making efforts to engage other players and characters.
10) Date, Time & Weather: Will be posted in GM notations throughout the story. You will note this is not included in the header. I will take care of all date, time and weather changes. Do not worry about them beyond what is listed.

Pandemonium will include combat; this combat could take place in a variety of settings against a variety of foes. In order to create a sense of realism and settle any disputes about what character can do and who would win at what, the game will be using a best of three rolling system using the Elliquiy Dicebot. To do this, you will click on Dicebot. You will leave character as your username. You will set Send To to 54396 so that I have a record of all rolls and can step in if issues arise. You will set Dice to three (3) and Sides to one hundred (100). Then you hit roll dice. Once you've done that you will be given 3 numbers, and you will post them in the OOC thread and compare against another player if sparring. The player who wins two of three of the rolls will win the encounter. You may then freely write the encounter so long as the outcome matches the one dictated.

All conflicts between characters will be resolved using this method. In situations where prolonged combat is applicable (IE actual fighting and not a foot race for instance) each 'scene' within the combat will be given a separate roll and also be handled on a best two out of three basis. Standard combat will be done using best of three, and long combat will be handled best of five. These rules are primarily in place for players who want to challenge one another in any way and want to leave the outcome to fate.

Some examples...

Jane challenges Jack to a foot race. Both Jane and Jack roll three (3) one hundred (100) sided dice and compare results. Jane rolls (82, 13, 27) and Jack rolls (45, 19, 92). Jack has the best two out of three rolls, and thus is the winner of the footrace. This is what we call a simple contest and will require only one set of rolls. A simple contest can easily be resolved in a single post by each participant.

Jane challenges Jack to a wrestling match. Because this is a more complex situation than a foot race and has more moving parts, this is called a standard contest. To simulate the ebb and flow of a match Jane and Jack will roll three sets of three (3) one hundred (100) sided dice and compare results. Jane rolls (74, 28, 32) (19, 12, 7) (84, 54, 62) and Jack rolls (1, 19, 3) (22, 8, 59) & (75, 55, 60). In this series, Jane starts out with the upper hand, but Jack is able to hold his ground for a while, then ultimately Jane pulls ahead for the win. Jane wins roll set 1 and 3, giving her best out of three in the standard contest and thus the win for the encounter. A standard contest is best divided among two to three posts per participant. If Jane had won roll sets 1 and 2, it could show that she simply outclassed Jack at every turn and made short work of him.

Jane challenges Jack to a game of basketball, this is a complex contest. Jane and Jack will do the same thing they would do during a standard contest, except they will roll five (5) dice sets instead of three (3). The winner of the complex contest will be the character with the best of five. Complex contests are best resolved over three to five posts from each participant.

Note: Player choice, story, and GM judgement always trump dice rolls. If you decide to have an encounter with one another and all players involved have an agreeable resolution in mind there is no need to roll the dice. Furthermore, it is acceptable to use whatever level of contest (Simple, Standard or Complex) that all participating parties find reasonable. Standard and Complex contests exist primarily to simulate the ebb and flow of competition. Dice are meant to supplement the game, NOT RULE IT. Be reasonable and respectful of your fellow players; if Jane is a black belt and has spent her life training in the martial arts, and Jack is a brain surgeon, chances are good that Jack is not going to have the skills needed to best Jane in hand to hand combat. The dice are not meant to be a substitute for common sense and respect for character strengths and weaknesses!!

When it comes to conflict with NPC's I will call for dice rolls as needed but largely to keep combat simple it would best if everyone can attain some sort of realism in their posts. You can not dodge every attack ever, nor can you land every attack ever. Sometimes you're going to get hit, hurt, and otherwise have things not go your way. We want to include dice as little as possible and they are only there to serve as a way to make a fair judgment on my part and easily resolve conflicts. Combat will be discussed with players involved in private as it comes up, so we can work out the what happens. Let it be known that your character is likely to pick up some scars during their adventure, no one will be flawless by the time this is over!

At character creation, you will be asked to create powers for your character. Each of the denizen races has numbers that are attached to this. Each character will begin play with a number of power levels equal to the noted power level of that race, with no individual power being greater than the second noted number. For instance if your characters power rating is (11-3) your character may know up to 11 levels worth of powers, none of which may be higher than level 3. So they could know five (5) level 1 powers and one (1) level 1 power, three (3) level 3 powers and one (1) level 2 power, or any other combination so long as their total does not exceed 11 levels worth of knowledge and nothing is higher than level 3. Powers will be rated on a level scale of 1 to 5. You will create and rate your own powers when constructing your character sheet, and I will review them once submitted. We may adjust the function of the power or the level depending on what I see. If you over leveled your power we will either increase its power or drop the level back, things like that.

To create a sense of stamina in the game and so characters do not feel like they are endless wells of infinite power there will be a loose system in place to simulate the amount of energy each character has. Characters have a pool of energy roughly equal to their combined power rating. Using the above example, a character with a power rating of (11-3) would have an energy pool of approximately 14. Every power used costs energy equal to its level. Thus using a level 3 power would be draining but not hugely impacting the first time or two used during a single encounter / day. However using that level 3 power five times in a single encounter or day would be very draining for the character and leave them basically one empty; using it a sixth time would be pushing the limits of their stamina and quite possibly push them to unconsciousness. Passive abilities reduce your maximum energy pool by their level. If you self-impose restrictions on your abilities they may qualify for being a lower level than they normally would if they did not have them. Additionally, as the game progresses characters will learn and develop new powers. Restrictions on abilities can all level 5 powers to seem much higher, but still be only that.

Note: This light system is not intended to be policed. We will not be counting points every time you use a power. It is there merely to give you a mental idea of what your character is capable of and to be a measuring stick of abuse if someone is power-gaming. I will be the sole arbiter when it comes to calls that need to be made on what is too much. Once again, please use common sense and respect character limitations.

The 5 'Schools' of Magic
Enhancement (ENH): Abilities in this school empower the character in some way. This could be passive or activated effects that make them stronger, faster or more durable. Things that increase their natural abilities, or otherwise boost them fall into this category.
Mind Altering (MDA): These powers afflict the targets mind. This could be as simple as changing their mind, to reading their thoughts, or putting them to sleep.
Evocation (EVO): Most magics that attack a target go here. These abilities give the caster the ability to introduce harm to the world. This could be in the form of hurling a fireball or lightning bolt, to cursing someone with blindness to even dominating their body.
Utility (UTL): These abilities are utilitarian in nature. They give benefit to the caster or their allies. This is where magics such as counter spelling comes from this school. Powers that affect the world in harmful ways, such as warping light, casting invisibility all fall here.
Support (SPT): Support powers aid the character in attain their goals in some way. This can come in the form of distracting illusions, healing magic and most defensive magic.

Some power examples and their corresponding levels and schools so you can place your own...

Control Flames - (1) - (EVO): The ability to control fire that already exists. You can intensify, diminish and extinguish at will. You can weave and move the fire without fuel once it has been started for you, turning it into fireballs or other such blasts.

Pyromancy - (2) - (EVO): You have the ability to create flames with a snap of your fingers. You can freely hurl fireballs or shoot sustained torrents of flame.

Blaze Absorption - Passive - (3) - (ENH): You're immune to fire, and, in fact, it empowers you. Flames are absorbed into your skin like water and replenish your energy and restore your body. You can take a stroll through a raging inferno and the only thing you have to worry about is what you're going to cover yourself with on the other side.

Flamebody - (4) - (EVO): You engulf yourself in living fire and become one with it. Projectiles pass through you, you gain the ability to fly, anything flammable even remotely near you bursts into flame. Oh, and you look like a total badass.

Dragonfire (5) - (EVO): Your breath is a weapon so hot it can burn through almost anything. You can spout a cone of fire that turns titanium to ash, quickly evaporates large bodies of water, or melt through nearly anything in your way.

Strength of an Ox - Passive - (2) - (ENH): Your strength is that of five fully grown men. You can easily lift 500lbs, bench almost 800.

Burst of Power - (1) - (ENH): You have the ability to briefly supercharge your strength to that of five men. You could lift 500lbs and bench almost 800.

Heal - (3) - (SPT): You seal the wounds and restore the body of your target. The worse condition they're in, the longer this must be used.

Regenerate - (4) - (SPT): You can regrow your own limbs or those of your allies, cure blindness, and any number of other smaller miracles. However doing this requires hours and hours of uninterrupted concentration.

Ressurection - (5) - (SPT): You can bring people back from the dead! To do so however puts an enormous strain on your body, causing you to instantly age 5 years and permanently draining your energy pool by 5.

Counter Spell - (5) - (UTL): You can unravel the threads of magic to dismiss any spell. At this stage you can negate an actively cast magic from any school.

Mimicry - (1) - (UTL): You can mimic the effects of a level 1 <Insert Single School Here> power that has been used near you and you have seen (or detected) being cast. You must remain within proximity (roughly a football field) of the original caster to recreate this effect.

Duplicate Energy - (3) - (UTL): You can mimic the effects of any power of level 1 or below, or any level 2 or 3 <Insert Single School Here>, that has been used near you and you have seen (or detected) being cast. You must remain within proximity (roughly a football field) of the original caster to recreate this effect.

Reweave Power - (5) - (UTL): You can mimic the effects of any power of level 3 or below, or any level 4 or 5 <Insert Single School Here>, that has been used near you and you have seen (or detected) being cast. You must remain within proximity (roughly a football field) of the original caster to recreate this effect.

Power Replication - (3) - (UTL): By touching a target you can siphon knowledge of a level 1 or 2 power from them, and gain the ability to use that power for the next 24 hours. Any time the ability is activated it uses the cost of Power Replication rather than the original cost of the gained power.

Pandemonium Character Sheet

Character Name: What is their name?
Nickname: What do they go by?
Nature: What are two or three words that describe them? (Party Rocker, Military Brat, Gang Leader, Corrupt Politician, etc)
Demeanor: How do they come across at a glance? (Moody, Broody, Approachable, Tense, etc)
Race: Which of the denizen races are they?
Sexuality: Heterosexual, bisexual, etc?

Education: What kind of education do they have?
Wealth Level: How much money do they have access too?
Languages Known: What languages do they know? (Be reasonable)

Height: How tall are they?
Weight: How much do they weigh?
Hair Color: What color is their hair?
Eye Color: What color are their eyes?
Ethnicity: Where are they from?
Face Claim: Who will be representing them?

Physical Description: A few sentences, or several paragraphs. Detail things not covered above: How do they style their hair? How do they carry themselves? What kind of clothing do they typically wear? Do they have any scars? What about tattoos and or piercings?

Personality: What are they like? What's their outlook on things?

History: What's their life been like up until now? (300 word minimum)

Dislikes: What are 4-6 things they don't enjoy?
Strengths: Three words that describe them in a positive way.
Weaknesses: Three words that describe them in a negative way.
Fear: What is something they are genuinely fearful of? One term is fine, but please explain the details of this fear. (Ex: Pyrophobia - house burned down as a youth and family died, now cowers and becomes powerless when faced with uncontrolled flames)
Compulsion: What compulsion do they have? One term is fine, but please explain the details of this compulsion. (Ex: Smoker - Have had this habit since I was 13, now I can't get out of bed in the morning unless I lite one up)
On's & Off's: Please link your O/O's if you have one. Also describe any that are specific to this character.
Real World Skills: Everyone has a story, what talents, skills or knowledge's have they picked up along the way? (No less than 3, no more than 6)

Notes
Anything else worth knowing about them not covered above.

Powers & Abilities
  • NAME OF POWER - (LEVEL) - (SCHOOL): What does this power do?

[float=right][center][img height=400 width=400]http://placehold.it/400x400[/img]
[img height=100 width=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100 width=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100 width=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][img height=100 width=100]http://placehold.it/100x100[/img][/center][/float][font=courier][size=14pt][b]Pandemonium Character Sheet[/size][/font]
[font=georgia]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Nickname:[/b]
[b]Nature:[/b]
[b]Demeanor:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]

[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Education:[/b]
[b]Wealth Level:[/b]
[b]Languages Known:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Hair Color:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]
[b]Ethnicity:[/b]
[b]Face Claim:[/b]

[b]Physical Description:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

[b]Likes:[/b]
[b]Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]Fear:[/b]
[b]Compulsion:[/b]
[b]On's & Off's:[/b]
[b]Real World Skills:[/b]

[b][u]Notes[/u][/b]

[b][u]Powers & Abilities[/u][/b]
[li][b]NAME OF POWER - (LEVEL) - (SCHOOL):[/b] [/li]

Atlantean Soul Character Sheet

Character Name: What was their name?
Sexuality: What was their sexual orientation?

Title / Occupation: What were they to Atlanis?

Age: How old were they (Pureblooded Atlantean's could live up to 500 years)
Height: How tall were they?
Weight: How much did they weight?
Hair Color: What color was their hair?
Eye Color: What color were their eyes?

Physical Description: A little detail about what they looked like.

Personality: What were they like?

History: Tell us a little bit about them and who they were (200 word minimum).

[float=right][center][img height=400 width=400]http://placehold.it/400x400[/img]
[/float][font=courier][size=14pt][b]Atlantean Soul Character Sheet[/size][/font]
[font=georgia]
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Sexuality:[/b]

[b]Title / Occupation:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]
[b]Hair Color:[/b]
[b]Eye Color:[/b]

[b]Physical Description:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

Name: Character name (Please link to character sheet)
Tagging: Who are they interacting with directly?
Mentioning: Characters or NPC's mentioned within post.
Wearing: What are they wearing?
Doing: Brief synopsis of content in post.

[float=left][img]https://placehold.it/150x200[/img][/float][b]Name[/b]:
[b]Location[/b]:
[b]Tagging[/b]:
[b]Mentioning[/b]:
[b]Wearing[/b]:
[b]Doing[/b]:
[hr]

Wispyr

Players, Slots & Character Status
Player                                        Character                                        Race                                        Gender                                        C.Sheet
01. Wispyr                                  ?                                        ?                                        ?                                        Approved (GM)
02. Erich Norden                                      Rain Fischer                                   Human                                      Female                                     Approved (9/20)
03. Elysian Radiance                                      Vivianne Brittianien                                        Fae                                        Female                                        Approved (9/19)
04. Amarlo                                      Syx                                        Nephilim                                        Female                                        Approved (9/19)
05. Arcannyx                                      Alyxander Cole                                        Atlantean                                        Male                                        Approved (9/20)
06. VonDoom                                      Virgil Carter                                        Imori                                        Male                                        Approved (9/22)
07. Orange Marmalade                                      Julian Whitford                                          Nephilim                                        Male                                        Approved (9/21)
08. Caehlim                                      Chris Seymour                                        Nephilim                                        Male                                        Withdrawn (9/30)
09. Flower                                      ?                                        Fae                                        Female                                        Pending Submission
10. Josietta                                      Ksenia Richland                                        Human                                        Female                                        Submitted (10/2)
11. LunarSage                                      Jonothan Peek                                        Human                                        Male                                        Submitted (10/2)
12. ThatOneShrroth                                      Ashelotte Conusolo                                        Atlantean                                        Female                                        Approved (10/2))
13. ?                                      ?                                        ?                                        ?                                        ?
14. Xanatos                                      Marianna Vicks                                        Fae                                        Female                                        Submitted (9/28)
15. Juggtacular                                      Kalani Kameāloha Jr                                        Atlantean                                        Male                                        Approved (9/30)
16. IronTiki                                      ?                                        ?                                        ?                                        Pending Submission
17.                                       ?                                        ?                                        ?                                        ?
18. ?                                      ?                                        ?                                        ?                                        ?
19. ?                                      ?                                        ?                                        ?                                        ?

Interested Players: The_Golden_Touch, Bloodied Porcelain, blue bunny sparkle

Plot Characters To Be Taken By Players
These characters are important to the in game history. These are souls that need to be claimed by players. These characters will not gain any special powers or be advanced beyond the rest of the group, and despite what the souls may have been has no direct association on the new dynamic formed by the group. These characters are purely for the sake of the story, and at different points may be used the advance the in game plot with knowledge and memories unique to them and their past.

• Trillian, King of Atlantis (Claimed): Must be male. Trillian was the great king of Atlantis and ruled over it for more than a hundred years; he is a brilliant tactician, cunning and powerful. Trillian was famous for his temper and for being a ruthless conqueror. His powers must focus around the themes: Battle, Strength, Leadership, Empowerment, and Earth (stone, dirt, mud, sand, terrain manipulation etc).
  • Aeandra, Queen of Atlantis (Claimed): Must be female. The beautiful Aeandra was the third queen of Trillian and longer lasting that her two predecessors combine. She was a seductress with no shortage of lovers, and endlessly admired by her people. She is famous for being casual to bed and for being able to break the will of prisoners to obtain information from them. Her powers must focus on the themes: Seduction, Poison, Energy Theft, Voice and Illusion.[/s]
  • Lord Sorcerer of Atlantis (Claimed): Either gender. Heralded as the strongest of all mages in the world, they lead the development of the Atlantean magical community. Their knowledge is considered endless and worked as a voice of authority as Trillian's left hand. They were brilliant and curious. Famous for opening the Pandemonium Gate and sinking Atlantis. Powers should be varied, they can and should come from a variety of themes.
  • High Commander of Atlantis (Claimed): Either gender. Among the oldest of the Atlanteans, they served the king before Trillian. Responsible for the great expansion of Atlantis, and worked as Trillians most trusted advisor, his right hand. They were patient and wrathful, without mercy in battle. Famous for the winning more than 10,000 duels in the great Atlantean coliseum and for fighting a Pandemonium Lord one on one and pushing him back into the gate. Powers must focus on the themes: Strength, Fire, Defense, Raw Power, and Overcoming Quantity through Quality.
  • Menaria, The Cursebearer (Claimed): Either gender. Must be Nephilim. Menaria was the greatest student the Lord Sorcerer ever had, she was a prodigy among Atlanteans. Expected to take the title of Lord Sorcerer when the current one left the position. She was productive, eager and well mannered. Menaria is famous for trapping the energy of the Pandemonium Gate within herself to seal it. Her powers should be varied and come from a variety of themes.
  • Issail, The Traitor (Claimed): Either gender. Must be Atlantean. Issail was once a representative of the Atlantean people to Trillian and Aeandra. He is cunning and sly, deviant and deceitful. He is famous for betraying all of Atlantis by striking a deal with a Pandemonium Lord. His powers must focus on the themes: Stealth, Trickery, Mind Control, Movement, and Wind.

Support The Game
With this fancy banner...
[center][url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=236735.0][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/8/8e/Pandemonium_Banner_2.png[/img][/url][/center]

Or this awesome button centered...

[center][url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=236735.0][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/a/aa/Pandemonium_Button.png[/img][/center]

On the left...

[float=left][url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=236735.0][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/a/aa/Pandemonium_Button.png[/img][/float]

Or right...

[float=right][url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=236735.0][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/a/aa/Pandemonium_Button.png[/img][/float]

Notations & Player Questions
Note 1 - Bio-Cybertech & Player Characters: Ideally I'd like players to keep the Bio-Cybertech of their characters to a minimum. Not that there can't be any but lets try to keep anything fancy on the low end. This is mostly for balance reasons. So while it's perfectly acceptable for a character to have lost a body part and have it replaced... Please no eyeballs with night vision and infrared tech. While it is technically available it'll create a major power shift between the characters. So you can have some, but just don't go crazy.

Note 2 - Nephilim Birth: Nephilim are not created in batches. Rather they are engineered within their mothers. They are still carried to term and born like regular humans. The process is long and complicated but essentially the doctors have the ability to add to, remove from, and modify in general the genetic code in real time. All Nephilim are artificially inseminated so that the breeding process can be controlled from day one. Families who birth Nephilim are required to stay the first three months in one of the facilities so that they can be worked with daily to ensure proper creation. Because they are so closely monitored and any issues are corrected on a day to day basis incorrect spawning is at best hyper-rare and at worst entirely unfeasible.

Note 3 - Denizen Cross-Breeds: Cross-breeds. Before it gets brought up. They can't happen. No Nephilim is old enough to have had children that would be playable at this time, and when the Nephilim do give birth their children are just human. When two humans with any combination of Atlantean, Imori or Fae DNA mate and have a child, only the 'most potent' DNA survives. So whichever set of DNA is closer to its original source or has been more recently boosted by an infusion of the same DNA (Atlantean + Atlantean, etc) is what the child becomes. In the rare circumstance that two individuals have the exact same DNA potency they are simply biologically incompatible and any child they create can not mature and is spontaneously aborted during development. Even if both parents are biologically healthy, the medical field has chalked this up as a fluke. These parents could give birth to a Nephilim however. On that note the act of becoming a Nephilim erases any previous DNA, preventing any of that.

Note 4 - Player Characters & Game World Organizations: Having a history with the Tenzin, ATLAS or game world stuff mentioned is fine. Please avoid any high ranking officers though for the sake of game information. No Tenzin commander has ever been released from duty. They would either be reassigned, 'privately retired' and isolated or out right assassinated. Gabriel Finch does not like loose ends. Officers who may have gone AWOL are hunted down by the Tenzin with extreme prejudice.

Note 5 - Story Soul Reservation: Reservation's on the six 'story souls' will be made for seven (7) days. After that time if a character sheet has not been submitted for that soul, it will no longer be reserved and I will not allow you to re-reserve it. That is, if you want to play one of them, I want you to be on the ball and prompt about your sheet so that others either have a chance to play them or can be assured that they are already taken.

Note 6 - Player Character Images: Character images may contain any combination of photography and artwork. If you use photography -- which is preferred but not required -- please use only a single face claim and list it on your character sheet in the provided slot. If your character is going to be represented by artwork please select imagery that is as similar (as close as you can get it) as possible.

Note 7 - Alternation To Power Development: The whole detailing can be found in a spoiler below. The basics are, we will not prohibit players from using powers that nullify, copy or steal powers. However to create fairness for all players when dealing with someone with such abilities we have split powers into 5 categories, as seen in the Combat section above. This is mostly a wordage change, and affects really only those who are interested in these types of powers. It should have very little impact on the game world, being a more behind the scenes alteration to mechanical definitions.
The Ruling In It's Entirety

Power Ruling
Here's the scoop. A conversation that took place yesterday between several players and I called attention to a concern about player created powers that touched on the following topics: Power Duplication, Power Theft & Power Nullification. The concern came from a place that touched on an age old debate about if the ability to replicate, steal and or cancel powers was both fair and healthy for game play. It is not my job, nor the point of the conversation, to bring about some grand resolution to this debate; the only purpose was to determine how such abilities would be handled in regards to the Pandemonium game. After hearing many points of view and having a detailed discussion about the base mechanics of such abilities, I have decided to make the following changes to powers in order to facilitate a healthy game world for all players. I will not guarantee that this is the best way to handle it, I will not guarantee that this is the only way to handle it, and I will not guarantee that this addresses all issues. What I will say is that I have made these alterations because I feel they accurately reflect and address the concerns players brought to my attention, while also maintaining the integrity of the game world I envisioned from the inception of Pandemonium.

Ruling I: Players will not be banned from including powers that touch on the topics noted above.

Ruling II: Player abilities (and all abilities) will now be broken into one of five sub sets that will be detailed below: Enhancement (ENH), Mind Altering (MDA), Evocation (EVO), Utility (UTL), and Support (SPT). Players may assign their own subsets, based on the details below, at character submission, or have the GM assign them at time of approval. All currently approved characters will have their powers listed below and have the assignments listed for them, for sake of ease. Each player will be required to update their character sheet with the new power format and ensure their abilities include the abbreviations for their new sub sets.

Ruling III: Due to this change in game language, some current abilities will need to be reworded and or minorly reworked to fit the new mold. In this new frame work powers that use the above topics will affect specific sub sets rather than being blanket effects. Blanket effects will be used only in the highest level powers (or have some other limiting factors), and I will include two new example powers touching on these topics to be used as guidance for players wishing to create such abilities. I will be the sole arbiter in determining what belongs at what level. All current powers that will need to be reworded and reworked will be listed below, and I will send out PM's to those players to discuss the changes. All current abilities not belonging to players (Denizen-race innate abilities) will be noted here and updated in the game information section of the recruitment post. The two new example powers will be listed here and added to the combat section of the game notes.

The 5 'Schools' of Magic
Enhancement (ENH): Abilities in this school empower the character in some way. This could be passive or activated effects that make them stronger, faster or more durable. Things that increase their natural abilities, or otherwise boost them fall into this category.
Mind Altering (MDA): These powers afflict the targets mind. This could be as simple as changing their mind, to reading their thoughts, or putting them to sleep.
Evocation (EVO): Most magics that attack a target go here. These abilities give the caster the ability to introduce harm to the world. This could be in the form of hurling a fireball or lightning bolt, to cursing someone with blindness or even dominating their body.
Utility (UTL): These abilities are utilitarian in nature. They give benefit to the caster or their allies. This is where magics such as counter spelling comes from this school. Powers that affect the world in harmful ways, such as warping light, casting invisibility all fall here.
Support (SPT): Support powers aid the character in attain their goals in some way. This can come in the form of distracting illusions, healing magic and most defensive magic.

Notes On These Changes (Please Read): These changes do not add a system to the game. What they do is create a stable frame work for which we can easily balance player created powers around. This is not meant to infringe on a players creativity but rather to ensure that all characters are kept within the same general scope of one another. These changes are for wordage and game world effects only and should serve only as clarifying the impact any one ability can have the game world. These changes do not add an additional step to character creation, nor should they over burden players with information to remember. The purpose of this change is 99% for GM use, and 1% transparency about implied power level of character abilities. As new abilities are submitted going forward, this will simply be the framework which they are approved on.

Note 2: With the change of this wordage to the Atlantean Denizen-race's innate ability, I believe them to now be on par with the other races and they will not be subject to any other change.

Innate Ability Changes

Atlanteans
  • War Mind: As a warrior race the Atlanteans developed a strong tactical mind, that can not be altered. To complex to understand, and too sturdy to shape, Atlanteans are immune to all Mind Altering magics.

Approved Character Powers w/ Subsets

Amarlo - Syx
  • Photokinesis - (2) - (UTL):
  • Probability Manipulation - (2) - (UTL):
  • Fluidic Mind - Passive - (2) - (ENH):
  • Intuition - Passive - (1) - (ENH):
Elysian Radiance - Vivianne Brielle Britannien
  • Essence Flux - (2) - (UTL):
  • Fata Morgana - (2) - (SPT):
  • Atlantean Lullaby - (1) - (MDA):
  • Atlantean Serenade - (1) - (MDA):
  • Atlantean Nocturne - (1) - (EVO):
  • Atlantean Requiem - (1) - (EVO):
Arcannyx - Alyxander Cole
  • Riddle of Steel - Passive - (4) - (ENH):
  • Healing - Passive - (2) - (ENH):
Orange Marmalade - Julian Whitford
  • Air's Whispers - (1) - (MDA):
  • Air's Grasp - (1) - (EVO):
  • Air's Reverberation - (1) - (UTL):
  • Spark's Captivation - (1) - (UTL):
  • Spark's Repository - (1) - (EVO):
  • Self Ionization - Passive - (2) - (ENH):
Caehlim - Chris Seymour
  • Truthspeaker - (1) - (MDA):
  • Messenger's Ear - Passive - (2) - (ENH):
  • Clarity - Passive - (2) - (ENH):
  • Enhanced Senses - Passive - (2) - (ENH):
VonDoom- Virgil Carter
  • Unweave Magic - (3) - (UTL):
  • Infuse Essence - (2) - (UTL):
  • Control Flames - (1) - (EVO):
  • Illusory Shape - (1) - (SPT):
Erich Norden - Rain Fischer
  • Lightning Reflexes - Passive - (2) - (ENH):
  • Telekinesis - (2) - (ENH):
  • Psionic Attainment - (2) - (UTL):
  • Heightened Awareness - (1) - (ENH):
  • Simple Telepathy - (1) - (UTL):
  • Endurance - Passive - (1) - (ENH):

Powers That Require Alteration

Unweave Magic - (2) - (UTL)
Psionic Attainment - (2) - (UTL)

New Example Powers

Counter Spell - (5) - (UTL): You can unravel the threads of magic to dismiss any spell. At this stage you can negate an actively cast magic from any school.
Mimicry - (1) - (UTL): You can mimic the effects of a level 1 <Insert Single School Here> power that has been used near you and you have seen (or detected) being cast. You must remain within proximity (roughly a football field) of the original caster to recreate this effect.
Duplicate Energy - (3) - (UTL): You can mimic the effects of any power of level 1 or below, or any level 2 or 3 <Insert Single School Here>, that has been used near you and you have seen (or detected) being cast. You must remain within proximity (roughly a football field) of the original caster to recreate this effect.
Reweave Power - (5) - (UTL): You can mimic the effects of any power of level 3 or below, or any level 4 or 5 <Insert Single School Here>, that has been used near you and you have seen (or detected) being cast. You must remain within proximity (roughly a football field) of the original caster to recreate this effect.
Power Replication - (3) - (UTL): By touching a target you can siphon knowledge of a level 1 or 2 power from them, and gain the ability to use that power for the next 24 hours. Any time the ability is activated it uses the cost of Power Replication rather than the original cost of the gained power.

Other Important Pandemonium Threads
[Pandemonium] Approved Character Sheets
[Pandemonium] Out of Character

Josietta

Interested! !!! *Will read more thoroughly before deciding character details and concept *

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

VonDoom

Intriguing. From the setup I would expect that much of the game involves exploration, but how would you, uhh ... project, I suppose since it's a sandbox and all ... the proportions between traditional game aspects? As in social, puzzles, combat, etc.?

Also, is there any chance you might be willing to move the character applications to this post? I think seeing the proposals generates more activity and can help inspire or prevent applications from being too similar.
Now this is the Law of the Jungle-
as old and as true as the sky;
And the Wolf that shall keep it may  prosper,
but the Wolf that shall break it must die.

-Rudyard Kipling, "The Law of the Jungle"
O&O

Wispyr

Quote from: Josietta on September 18, 2015, 01:01:37 AM
Interested! !!! *Will read more thoroughly before deciding character details and concept *

Yay Josi! Looking forward to seeing more from you.

Quote from: VonDoom on September 18, 2015, 07:42:48 AM
Intriguing. From the setup I would expect that much of the game would involve exploration, but how would you, uhh ... project, I suppose since it's a sandbox and all ... the proportions between traditional game aspects? As in social, puzzles, combat, etc.?

If I'm understanding your question correctly, and I just woke up so I might not be, I would expect the game to look something like:
Social: 55%
Conflict: 15%
Action: 15%
Unfolding Plot: 10%
Puzzles: 5%

Primarily the game is going to be a lot about mood. If you've ever played OWoD with a good storyteller than you should have a solid idea of what I mean here. The world is 'back on track' but it literally just underwent a catastrophe unlike anything mankind has ever experienced. That changed people. The player characters will find themselves awakened and given a 'breath of fresh air' as their souls kick in, and they'll see the world in a different light, sort of like everything has a metaphorical dark shade over it. So between the characters interacting with the game world, taking in this 'new life outlook' and the need to save things, paired with interactions with the group growing together as a whole, the game will revolve around a lot of the social.

Next is tension. Conflict: out right combat, political, social and or other forms of problems; Action: 'high octane' scenes that require urgency on the characters part. These might seem to go hand in hand, but as an example I see the first scene in Whiteout as an action scene that will contain some combat nearer the end of it. This'll make up a solid bulk of what's going on. Between characters discovering that they suddenly can use magic (this wasn't a magic heavy setting so suddenly being able to shoot shurikens and lightning from your fingers tips is either the most exciting thing that's ever happened to them or the most terrifying or some combination of the two), dealing with ATLAS Global, ATLAS Corporation, Tenzin, random NPC's who are just not good people anymore, reincarnated Atlanteans and of course as the story progresses the forces of Pandemonium themselves... There'll be a hefty amount turmoil for characters to endure. How much of that is out right combat will really depend on the actions that happen in game. If I had to take a wild shot in the dark I would say to be on the safe side Conflict, Action and Combat would each make up roughly 10% of the game.

This is no doubt a sandbox, however there is a bigger plot going on. Much like a OWoD chronicle there are things happening in the game world around the characters. More than just that there are things that have happened, and the characters will have the chance to sort of dig into that story and the lost history of Atlantis, the nature of Pandemonium and all the fun little bits and bobs surrounding ATLAS and all of its affiliates.

Finally we've got genuine puzzle play. Some people find it fun, some people loathe it. There will be some, no doubt, but traditional puzzle style play will make up a reasonably small part of the game play. That said there aren't a whole lot of dictated actions... So in some ways every interaction is a puzzle. Not every bad guy is going to jump right to the guns and start blasting away at characters. You might be able to out play them. Of course there are some situations that are... Just going to happen, but not a huge amount of them because your input into the world should, does, matter.

I hope that sort of clears up my intent for game play.

Quote from: VonDoom on September 18, 2015, 07:42:48 AM
Also, is there any chance you might be willing to move the character applications to this post? I think seeing the proposals generates more activity and can help inspire or prevent applications from being too similar.

I would not be opposed to players dropping their character sheets off here in addition to PMing them to me. If this takes off, as I'd like it too, this will be a busy-esque little board and I personally don't want to have to rifle through it every time I want to hunt down someones character sheet. Then we can make any edits needed with discussion between player and GM, focus on what your character is and if you want to keep something initially from other players not have it out in the open so to speak.

VonDoom

You understood correctly, yes. Sorry, my own post was made from work, on my cellphone, so it may not have communicated my intent quite as aptly as it could have.

It's exactly the reply I was hoping for. Plus, I am a long-time oWoD player, so you're pretty much preaching to the choir here.

Thank the gods for a relative lack of traditional puzzles, I stand firmly in the 'loathe' category. A mystery is good, intrigue is good, traditional RPG puzzles … well, unless it really, really makes sense for there to be one, they're often rather tacky.

Well, you've put me in a bit of a bind here with all those ideas of yours! Since this is a group game and all, I'll have to delay that other PM I meant to send about two of your one on one scenarios, which sound rather interesting (Fire/Ice and the Dragonball one, to be specific). Just, uh, denoting that I was interested in those and plan to contact you about it later, unless you'd rather not have two RPs going with the same player at the same time, then I'll skip out on that.

Next step is to rifle through my extensive 'potential character' image library to look for some visual inspiration. I'll probably try for an Imori and the Lord Sorcerer soul. Or maybe Menaria, though Nephilim wouldn't be my first choice, the soul premise and potential plots and memories from there sound very interesting. Unless I see something in my collection that instantly spawns a very different idea.

And regarding where to post characters, that's quite understandable. I'll happily play with an open hand even when portraying full-on traitors or double agents, but that's not suitable for every game and I don't plan to try that here (not that it's an option). But yes, I guess I'll mirror my character application here then. Since previous character connections are allowed, unless my short-term memory fails me, that'll also allow for some nonbinding pondering on those.

O&O

Wispyr

Quote from: VonDoom on September 18, 2015, 09:31:37 AM
Thank the gods for a relative lack of traditional puzzles, I stand firmly in the 'loathe' category. A mystery is good, intrigue is good, traditional RPG puzzles … well, unless it really, really makes sense for there to be one, they're often rather tacky.
That's typically my feeling on them too. I don't loathe them out right but I think they get rammed in there a lot of the time and it isn't needed. So there will be no 'move this block across the room to find the secret ladder'.

Next step is to rifle through my extensive 'potential character' image library to look for some visual inspiration. I'll probably try for an Imori and the Lord Sorcerer soul. Or maybe Menaria, though Nephilim wouldn't be my first choice, the soul premise and potential plots and memories from there sound very interesting. Unless I see something in my collection that instantly spawns a very different idea.

Well snag one while the going is good. -Chuckles- Let me know which you're leaning towards more when you have an idea so I can mark as tentatively taken. Otherwise, look forward to seeing what you've got in mind.

And regarding where to post characters, that's quite understandable. I'll happily play with an open hand even when portraying full-on traitors or double agents, but that's not suitable for every game and I don't plan to try that here (not that it's an option). But yes, I guess I'll mirror my character application here then. Since previous character connections are allowed, unless my short-term memory fails me, that'll also allow for some nonbinding pondering on those.

There shall only be one traitor! And that's more social stigma cause there's more too it than what others know. Anyway! >.>

Yes, there's nothing against prior-to-capture character associations. It's possible they knew each other. Possible they didn't. Such is the nature of things. I leave that up to the players. They'll all have a couple days experience with one another at least in game start. Though that doesn't mean interaction but it does sort of nudge towards it. After all, no one knows why you're all here, so as newbies are brought in everyone is gonna wanna see what they know... right?

VonDoom

Right-o! Browsing my gallery right now and already have a few candidates that give me ideas I might flesh out. When that happens, I like to check with the GM and see if they have any preferences before I settle on one. Would you care to have a look? And if so, should I send 'em as the application PM with the actual application coming later, separately in an advance PM oooorrr maybe just post here?

O&O

Wispyr

Quote from: VonDoom on September 18, 2015, 11:19:50 AM
Right-o! Browsing my gallery right now and already have a few candidates that give me ideas I might flesh out. When that happens, I like to check with the GM and see if they have any preferences before I settle on one. Would you care to have a look? And if so, should I send 'em as the application PM with the actual application coming later, separately in an advance PM oooorrr maybe just post here?
As a rule I like to stay out of peoples character creation. Part of the fun in the story for me is to see what people come up with. That said if you really want to share, either here or PM is appropriate for base plotting purposes. Ideally I'd like you to know what you want to play when you send your sheet. Not send me 2-3 sheets to be selected from. -Chuckles-

VonDoom

Well, I wasn't thinking a full sheet. Very short basic concept along with the inspiration image, see which one resonates the most for ... I do believe the colloquial term is 'plotbunnies' and then make a full character from it. But if you prefer not to, that's fine.

O&O

Wispyr

Quote from: VonDoom on September 18, 2015, 11:32:14 AM
Well, I wasn't thinking a full sheet. Very short basic concept along with the inspiration image, see which one resonates the most for ... I do believe the colloquial term is 'plotbunnies' and then make a full character from it. But if you prefer not to, that's fine.
You could share basic concepts and stuff here for sure. Might spark some of those lurkers to come out and say hi.

I see you lurkers. Come play.

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Wispyr on September 18, 2015, 11:37:23 AM
You could share basic concepts and stuff here for sure. Might spark some of those lurkers to come out and say hi.

I see you lurkers. Come play.

You see nothing.
"We are beings of starlight; we were meant to thrive in the darkness."
"I am a raging sea trapped inside of a raindrop."

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Get Laid or Get Slayed - A Guide to Make the Dragoness Roar!
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.
Current Posting Output ~ None.
Buy RPG Dice Soap From Me!

VonDoom

Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see!  :o

Potential character imagery and a few that would fit great into the setting but aren't personal choices I'd go with (but are free to be stolen by others if they like 'em!) coming up.

O&O

Wispyr

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on September 18, 2015, 12:08:08 PM
You see nothing.
I see all. I know all. I am all.

...Or some other ego-centered god-complex phrase.

Quote from: VonDoom on September 18, 2015, 12:25:13 PM
Where we're going, we won't need eyes to see!  :o

Potential character imagery and a few that would fit great into the setting but aren't personal choices I'd go with (but are free to be stolen by others if they like 'em!) coming up.
Sweet! Yay inspiration.

Elysian Radiance

Quote from: Wispyr on September 18, 2015, 12:27:26 PM
I see all. I know all. I am all.

...Or some other ego-centered god-complex phrase.
Sweet! Yay inspiration.

You are not part of the Q Continuum.

<a href=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=200656.0>Fantastic Dragons and Where to Find Them! (05/30/17)</a>
Muse/Mood Status ~ I'm currently on hiatus from Elliquiy. Send me a PM if you need to be in contact; I'll get the email about it.

VonDoom

Right, some first (very basic) ideas then. Two and three are currently my favorites, but I'll give it a bit of time (and feedback!) for me to ponder over.

Nephilim, High Commander Soul.
Soldier. Lost an arm and eye in battle, has since gone rogue and individualistic, which he expresses via lots of tattoos.

Imori, Issail/Lord Sorcerer Soul.
Had to survive in one of the harshest areas during the Rise, manic and erratic behaviour, never really regained his sanity after.

Nephilim, Menaria Soul.
Used to work for Tenzin, but a small error was made during the creation of her Nephilim batch and she was relieved from duty because others went berserk. Became mercenary afterwards.

Human, Lord Sorcerer Soul.
Bit of a mad scientist, would be trying above all to understand things. Somewhat sociopathic about it, but ultimately trying to be helpful.

Other Images For Perusal

(An urban shaman fae, perhaps?)

I should technically have quite a few more that are appropriate, but I picked them thinking 'might come up with something for it' as I went. If others are interested, I could go through my collection again.

Edit: And yes, I said Nephilim wasn't exactly my first choice and now half my ideas are Nephilim, but these things happen when inspiration strikes.  ;D

O&O

Elysian Radiance

I'm going to tentatively claim the Queen.

QuoteAeandra, Queen of Atlantis: Must be female. The beautiful Aeandra was the third queen of Trillian and longer lasting that her two predecessors combine. She was a seductress with no shortage of lovers, and endlessly admired by her people. She is famous for being casual to bed and for being able to break the will of prisoners to obtain information from them. Her powers must focus on the themes: Seduction, Poison, Energy Theft, Voice and Illusion.

Wispyr

Quote from: VonDoom on September 18, 2015, 12:58:13 PM
Right, some first (very basic) ideas then. Two and three are currently my favorites, but I'll give it a bit of time (and feedback!) for me to ponder over.

Very neat basic ideas. They all seem a little... Crazy. Guess I know what kind of character to expect from you! -Cackles-

It does bring up a couple of neat notes though I should mention.

Note 1: Ideally I'd like players to keep the Bio-Cybertech of their characters to a minimum. Not that there can't be any but lets try to keep anything fancy on the low end. This is mostly for balance reasons. So while it's perfectly acceptable for a character to have lost a body part and have it replaced... Please no eyeballs with night vision and infrared tech. While it is technically available it'll create a major power shift between the characters. So you can have some, but just don't go crazy.

Note 2: Nephilim are not created in batches. Rather they are engineered within their mothers. They are still carried to term and born like regular humans. The process is long and complicated but essentially the doctors have the ability to add to, remove from, and modify in general the genetic code in real time. All Nephilim are artificially inseminated so that the breeding process can be controlled from day one. Families who birth Nephilim are required to stay the first three months in one of the facilities so that they can be worked with daily to ensure proper creation. Because they are so closely monitored and any issues are corrected on a day to day basis incorrect spawning is at best hyper-rare and at worst entirely unfeasible.

Note 3: Cross-breeds. Before it gets brought up. They can't happen. No Nephilim is old enough to have had children that would be playable at this time, and when the Nephilim do give birth their children are just human. When two humans with any combination of Atlantean, Imori or Fae DNA mate and have a child, only the 'most potent' DNA survives. So whichever set of DNA is closer to its original source or has been more recently boosted by an infusion of the same DNA (Atlantean + Atlantean, etc) is what the child becomes. In the rare circumstance that two individuals have the exact same DNA potency they are simply biologically incompatible and any child they create can not mature and is spontaneously aborted during development. Even if both parents are biologically healthy, the medical field has chalked this up as a fluke. These parents could give birth to a Nephilim however. On that note the act of becoming a Nephilim erases any previous DNA, preventing any of that.

Note 4: Having a history with the Tenzin, ATLAS or game world stuff mentioned is fine. Please avoid any high ranking officers though for the sake of game information. No Tenzin commander has ever been released from duty. They would either be reassigned, 'privately retired' and isolated or out right assassinated. Gabriel Finch does not like loose ends. Officers who may have gone AWOL are hunted down by the Tenzin with extreme prejudice.

Quote from: VonDoom on September 18, 2015, 12:58:13 PM
Edit: And yes, I said Nephilim wasn't exactly my first choice and now half my ideas are Nephilim, but these things happen when inspiration strikes.  ;D
Pictures have a funny way of doing that. -Chuckles-

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on September 18, 2015, 12:39:08 PM
You are not part of the Q Continuum.
I might be. You never know.

Quote from: Elysian Radiance on September 18, 2015, 01:34:16 PM
I'm going to tentatively claim the Queen.
So it is said, so it shall be marked.

VonDoom

Well, regarding Note 2 ... I dunno, I'm not a fan of unique snowflake syndrome myself, but is there no room for the good old human error? People screw things up all the time, perhaps even intentionally. Maybe some scientist threw their own twist into the ones they 'started' and manipulated the test results? Alternatively, she could have been one of the first creations that were later deemed insufficient after the process came out of beta-testing? If not, that's cool, I'm getting the impression that civilians might also have the procedure done in exchange for funds, so I could just go that route instead if I'm right?

Actually, that poses a question in general. Unless I'm forgetting a paragraph (to be fair, it's a lot of information!), I didn't recall seeing anything about how being a Nephilim actually works -- not the biology of it, but everything else. Unlike the others that can be explained away as humans with rare birth conditions until actual magic manifests, they are decidedly recognizable and categorized as what they are. Are they owned by ATLAS after creation, basically their own custom-bred superhuman force? Are they, as I'm thinking above, a service that can be bought by rich folks? Is there an underground Nephilim slave trade?  :P

And Proposal #3 is perfectly sane, the ones that went berserk were supposed to have been some of the others! #1 is at best eccentric about being an individual rather than generic perfection! ... okay, so I guess I'm half-mad. That's okay, that means I'm half-sane! That's how it works, right? Right?!  ;D

O&O

Lockepick

Bookmarked this, and posting interest -- mostly because of how sexually excited I got by how the information was displayed and presented. Can't guarantee that interest will turn into anything, but wanted to at least say 'Bravo' for a beautifully, well displayed advertisement.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Wispyr

Quote from: VonDoom on September 18, 2015, 02:25:12 PM
Well, regarding Note 2 ... I dunno, I'm not a fan of unique snowflake syndrome myself, but is there no room for the good old human error? People screw things up all the time, perhaps even intentionally. Maybe some scientist threw their own twist into the ones they 'started' and manipulated the test results?
This is why it's remotely possible. If almost entirely unheard of. There would be safe guards put into place to prevent this. Such as multiple doctors being in charge of the modification over the course of development. However something could have gone wrong after the three months. Basically... What I'm getting at is if we have one person who wants to play a Nephilim with some strange minor spawning abnormality that's fine. However not every Nephilim player could have such a quirk... It just isn't that common.

Alternatively, she could have been one of the first creations that were later deemed insufficient after the process came out of beta-testing?
You're talking like... Pre-Eve? That would not be possible no. All projects prior to Eve were terminated either during the creation phase or after birth. Eve is the first and only from that generation. The next generation would be those born when mentioned in the time line. This would also be the generation most ideal for a character with some sort of flaw. Though the technology was well developed at this point, this was it's first use on multiple people at the same time.

... I'm getting the impression that civilians might also have the procedure done in exchange for funds, so I could just go that route instead if I'm right?
If I'm understanding what you mean by this, grown civilians could have their genetic structure altered to make them superior? No. At least it is not available to the public. That isn't to say that it can not be done, however...dun dun dun, plot point

When grown civilians want changes they do it through Bio-Cybertech. This tech allows them to do things even Nephilim can't naturally do and is a "superior" version of self-upgrading but is "unnatural" and not cheap.

Actually, that poses a question in general. Unless I'm forgetting a paragraph (to be fair, it's a lot of information!), I didn't recall seeing anything about how being a Nephilim actually works -- not the biology of it, but everything else. Unlike the others that can be explained away as humans with rare birth conditions until actual magic manifests, they are decidedly recognizable and categorized as what they are. Are they owned by ATLAS after creation, basically their own custom-bred superhuman force? Are they, as I'm thinking above, a service that can be bought by rich folks? Is there an underground Nephilim slave trade?  :P
Okay so the Nephilim are raised like normal people but they are clearly recognizable in a line up. If you were looking you could pick them out of a crowd too. Nephilim have perfect posture. They don't slouch. They don't breath to heavily. Their bodies deal with climate change better, so they sweat less and shiver less. If it's cold out you can tell they breathe less. They are not owned by ATLAS, at least not the Nephilim that the populace knows. People pay money to have a Nephilim child, this is essentially a service that ATLAS offers. The child by all rights belongs to the parents.

Nephilim can, though why would they in most cases, work at making themselves blend in more. Nephilim are essentially able to play the Masquerade. They stand out if someone is looking, paying attention, but they're just a part of society at this point. Like other races the Nephilim have more brightly colored eye pigmentation and the alternate colored eyes is usually a dead give away.

Now if ATLAS has it's own Nephilim super force is anyone's guess. Most Nephilim are just getting to age points where they're 'recruitable' by ATLAS. So general logic says no, but there is a whole ton of stuff that ATLAS Corporation does behind closed doors and does not reveal to the public. Basically everything that's happened in Greece during the last 20 years is... Completely unknown.

As for a slave trade, it wouldn't be cost effective. Because it takes money -- though middle class and above could afford it -- to have a Nephilim spawned those who could afford to buy a black market Nephilim could also likely afford to have it done legitimately. Now that said there probably are cases where Nephilim babies are stolen and sold for profit. There may also be instances where greedy ATLAS doctors have hatched inside schemes to spawn a Nephilim in their wife/sister/mother/daughter/whatever, not paid for the treatment and then sold the Nephilim for profit. But these would be rare, though not unheard of.

And Proposal #3 is perfectly sane, the ones that went berserk were supposed to have been some of the others! #1 is at best eccentric about being an individual rather than generic perfection! ... okay, so I guess I'm half-mad. That's okay, that means I'm half-sane! That's how it works, right? Right?!  ;D
Close enough for me! -Chuckles-

Quote from: lockepick on September 18, 2015, 02:54:22 PM
Bookmarked this, and posting interest -- mostly because of how sexually excited I got by how the information was displayed and presented. Can't guarantee that interest will turn into anything, but wanted to at least say 'Bravo' for a beautifully, well displayed advertisement.
Your interest is noted.

Also, thank you very much. I'm glad to hear that people are enjoying my presentation. Makes me all warm and fuzzy. Also being sexually excited by my display of information is a compliment. I may use that as a 'customer testimonial' in future games. >.>

...And after all that, Elysian's reservation made me think of how to handle that.

Note 5: Reservation's on the six 'story souls' will be made for seven (7) days. After that time if a character sheet has not been submitted for that soul, it will no longer be reserved and I will not allow you to re-reserve it. That is, if you want to play one of them, I want you to be on the ball and prompt about your sheet so that others either have a chance to play them or can be assured that they are already taken.

VonDoom

Ah, yes; I actually just meant civilians getting their developing babies treated, not adults getting the procedure, so the more detailed bit answered that question -- I mean, might be possible with a retrovirus nanotech technobabble thingie, but they'd have to research that and it would be far more invasive and dangerous and why do all that when you do have biotech? Alright, kidnapping and slave trade sounds promising, actually might be better than an actual flaw.

Kidnapped during early childhood, used as a gladiator in an illegal arena for the rich and corrupt, eventually rescued. Came to work for Tenzin as a regular rank and file soldier (unsure if Nephilim would normally be given greater rank to begin with, but this could be explained via her background before that), but was released because of discipline issues (nothing extreme, just not great at playing the good soldier after all the illegal gladiator-ing). That ought to mesh as a basic premise and material for expansion, then -- and hopefully also cleared up some things for other players potentially interested in Nephilim!  :-)

Well, back to mulling.

O&O

Wispyr

Quote from: VonDoom on September 18, 2015, 03:19:51 PM
Kidnapped during early childhood, used as a gladiator in an illegal arena for the rich and corrupt, eventually rescued. Came to work for Tenzin as a regular rank and file soldier (unsure if Nephilim would normally be given greater rank to begin with, but this could be explained via her background before that), but was released because of discipline issues (nothing extreme, just not great at playing the good soldier after all the illegal gladiator-ing). That ought to mesh as a basic premise and material for expansion, then -- and hopefully also cleared up some things for other players potentially interested in Nephilim!  :-)
This sounds like a good plan and totally fitting. To note about Nephilim joining the Tenzin. It's a new  thing cause they're only just getting to that age. Rather than a higher rank though, it's safe to assume Nephilim just skip 'boot camp' and are instead given like a 4 week drill course on procedure and protocol with very minimal discipline and body training, because they already possess those abilities naturally.