Lazarus form recovery

Started by Rogue, June 29, 2014, 10:04:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogue

So I've tried previously to put Lazarus on Chrome on my computer via http://getlazarus.com/download and tried again for a third or fourth time today.

I click on the download for chrome link.

It installs properly.

And then I get a small pop-up from chrome saying it can't use extinctions from this website.

I've tried finding it via the extension store but it no longer exists there. I'm wondering if there's even a way to get it on chrome any more. :(

Any ideas guys?

jouzinka

Apparently, Google blocks adding extensions from other sites than Google Webstore. I guess it's a form of pressuring the authors to use it in the first place.

I don't know if it will automatically switch language, but here on the help page is a step-by-step guide how to download the extension and install into chrome manually.

https://support.google.com/chrome_webstore/answer/2664769?p=crx_warning&rd=1
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Rogue

It translated. I'll have to see if it works when I get home from work. Thanks Jouzinka. Will post an update later.

Inkidu

I tried it. It doesn't work. I very well could be doing something wrong, but I can't find the add-to-Chrome button they're talking about. :P
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

jouzinka

I installed it according to their instructions without a problem. *shrugs*

Edit to add: it doesn't say to "Find an add button" it says to "locate the file with the addon in your computer and drag and drop it onto the addons page in Chrome."

Inkidu

Quote from: jouzinka on June 29, 2014, 11:11:14 AM
I installed it according to their instructions without a problem. *shrugs*

Edit to add: it doesn't say to "Find an add button" it says to "locate the file with the addon in your computer and drag and drop it onto the addons page in Chrome."
Nope, it was me. ^__^;

It installed. I've not tested it yet.

Edit: Fuggin' chrome just disables it. The steps you can take to enable it require contacting the people to get them to put it on the app store, or downloading more software. It's really not worth the trouble.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

jouzinka

Quote from: Inkidu on June 29, 2014, 11:15:20 AM
Edit: Fuggin' chrome just disables it. The steps you can take to enable it require contacting the people to get them to put it on the app store, or downloading more software. It's really not worth the trouble.
Yea, I just found out.

That really makes no sense and I hate it. I'm seriously considering switching browser.

Rogue

Aggravating. I'm considering keeping E on Firefox maybe....

Oreo

I use FireFox for E. I only use Chrome for sites that wont load on my old version of FF.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin