News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Questing for Monsters

Started by Kashatria, November 02, 2009, 04:16:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kashatria

Alright, I need help....

my proffesor is asking me to write a paper on the various monsters people in society beleived in when they were younger...The only one I seem to be able to think of is the "monster under your bed". I need a few more....
Any ideas??If you do...If you can please give me a little something behind what your monster is...justin case i have never heard of it ...Thanks...
*Huggles to all*
*Dances around the room shes in, her pink fluffy tutu and neon green fishnet stockings standing out like waldo*
As we begin our decent into harsh colder weather, Autumn still remains a season for food hunting before hibernation by some in the winter. The leaves are beginning to color and fall from their roots, landing gently on soft Autumn soil. Prepare yourselves now before the winter chill begins to pierce, or you may be caught out.

Caeli

Monster in the back of the closet.
Toilet monster.
Trash can monster?

Could probably also include ghosts, though I've always considered them friendly. :-)
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

MercyfulFate

So it's just what you knew of as a child? I'd say the Boogeyman is one of the big ones, and similar to the monster under the bed.

However if your assignment can expand to anything, there are things like the Jersey Devil, Bigfoot and others. A lot of this will be regional though.

Treena

my monster when i was younger was the chimey smoke ninja and the clown Mr. Pennywise from It.

A/A     Ons/Offs     Cravings
Back and open to some rps.
Treena'sWiki

Kashatria

Its alright if it is reginonal....its a mythology and folk tale class we go over things from all over...Thanks guys...
*Huggles to all*
*Dances around the room shes in, her pink fluffy tutu and neon green fishnet stockings standing out like waldo*
As we begin our decent into harsh colder weather, Autumn still remains a season for food hunting before hibernation by some in the winter. The leaves are beginning to color and fall from their roots, landing gently on soft Autumn soil. Prepare yourselves now before the winter chill begins to pierce, or you may be caught out.

Mathim

How about the monster in the closet? Monsters, Inc. style! But I was also afraid of aliens, too. Does that count?
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Kashatria

not sure if aliens count though...but thnx
*Huggles to all*

Kazyth

Oh, there are all sorts.  Boogeymen, werewolves, vampires, poltergiests, demons, clowns, ghouls... the list goes on and on.
A rose by any other name... still has thorns you can prick someone with. - Me.

Nimmy

There's a few more that I can come up with off hand. The Jersey Devil, the chupacabra, the wendigo (this legend is actually pretty cool, if a bit gruesome) the Green Monster (wait, that's a mascot... :P).

Here's a blog that has a few posts detailing New England folklore, if you're interested and think it might help. There's a few "monster" like creatures detailed in there, mostly in October, but a few others scattered through. Some of this is actually pretty interesting, mostly because I know so little about my region.

http://newenglandfolklore.blogspot.com/

Kashatria

Thank you I will be sure to check that link out...
*Huggles to all*

Kate

ghosts likely would be part of it
(alligator in the sewerage pipes, gremlins in the roof, tooth fairy, lepracarn at the end of the rainbow)

I think your essay would be a good read if it talked of classes

"places you shouldn't go/ cant go/ dont often know"
underlying theme unknown => dangerous and bad and your already "IN" the best place currentl and life is like treading a high rope where danger is on all sides - this is reflected heavily in upbringing.

"don't go there - streets are dangerous - strangers are dangerous ... dont trust others ... more to the point many parents say "dont do this" without having the time to explain WHY - which is why the imagination of kids may think of something which would represent danger in that area (and beleive parents didnt want to tell them because they didnt want their kids scared).

Interesting project - as a teacher smart choice to give others as marking would make for interesting reads

Kashatria

basically what I have to really sdo is give a moral behind a different monster. like monster under your bed....dont leave things under there they will get stolen...someting like that...
*Huggles to all*

Kate

I think the most intersting essay if you have to choose one monster would be the lepracharn at the end of the rainbow with a pot of gold

that also plays tricks or you need to do riddles

riddle => reward
or effort ( go to the end of the rainbow ) => reward

simply because it gives hope and happiness and promises good things in life if you keep your dreams and focus solid etc.

Kashatria

That is a good idea, thanks..
*Huggles to all*

Kashatria

Thank you guys so much....I got a 98 on my total over all grade for this assignment.
*Huggles to all*

Nimmy

Congratulations! Awesome grade!

Kashatria

Thanks so much.....now I have to write a fairy tale....fun fun
*Huggles to all*

Oniya

Just remember - the old fairy tales didn't always end 'happily ever after'.   >:)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Kashatria

Yeah i know i have one started ubt i think it sounds weird..
*Huggles to all*

Mathim

Honestly, all you've have to do is go to your local video store and walk through the Horror section for five minutes and you'll find every mythical monster, both crappy and cool, on the covers.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Kashatria

Actually I cant, my proffesor already told us we can not base out story of off  a movie so thats out of the question.
*Huggles to all*

Nimmy

Pick a country and then go searching around for some folklore. You might be able to get some form of inspiration from there if you're still looking for a topic.

Kashatria

I have a story started I posted it in the story telling thread, just not sure where else to go with it...writers block..
*Huggles to all*

Rhapsody

The creepy house at the end of the block with the psychopath living in it.  Every town has at least one of those.
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Lamia Amorist

Did anyone mention bloody mary? Google that one. Supposedly if you go in a bathroom, dimly lit by a candle or something, turn ten times saying "bloody mary" and look in the mirror, you'll see a dead women.