Eden City: Superhero/Villain Game

Started by Darwishi, May 27, 2005, 01:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darwishi

This is just a topic to see if anyone would be interested in a superhero/superheroine/villain/villainess type game.  Either side can win, and I'd actually like to see things like both sides winning.  Now what happens if a villain or a badguy loses is that they are kept in the Superhero's base of operartions while the police take time to process the paperwork.  Then the badguy would be transported to a super prison for super powered beings. 

That out of the way, this game will be based in one city, Eden City which is on the East Coast United States, more towards the south.  (Like where North Carolina is.) The year will me 2035 and the technology will be similar to that of Batman Beyond.  There are people, called preternaturals,  that walk around and have had their genes spliced with animal DNA to make them stronger/faster/whatever.  This splicing always leaves behind some kind of trace of the animal.  For example if someone spliced with a fox, they may end up with a tail,  or a little more body hair than usual.  (No furries please) 

Some people have the treatment of splicing willingly and others had it at birth when their parents decided to make them different.  Also, this process is perfectly legal and sometimes encouraged if the baby is known to have some kind of defect.  There are other preternaturals in the city, usually known as mutants where they didn't have any splicing done yet they end up with some kind of abnormal ability.  Some of these people decide to lead normal lives, some turn to a life of crime, and others decide to become superheros or superheroines.

Eden City was built in the eyes of it becoming the perfect city.  Several years after the Perfect City was built, crimes started popping up everywhere.  The one Superheroine guarding the city, Eden, (partially named after her) fought valiantly but ultimately fell to the hands of evil.  With her gone, the police force could hardly keep up and crime started to over run the city.  This is when they decided to call in heros from other parts of the country and around the world to help them protect their city and restore it to it's perfection.

As for powerlevels in this game, I was thinking of having normal powered characters (highly skilled humans) up to a preternatural that could take on one human easily but something like fifteen would be difficult for them to beat.  Though that's fifteen without weapons.  Anyway that's the power level I was thinking on going on for this game.  One last thing, this will be a system/free-form game so that in a fight things will always be played fair, but things like when a person is bound, or there is minor touches, we don't have to roll dice for that.

Actually, I lied, the last thing is the character sheet, which I'm going to post out so that people can start making characters if they're interested.  If you are interested, just please post a quick little blurb about you're interest in the game so I can keep track of numbers.  When we have enough interest then I'll propose the game be set up by the mods of the board.  Without further adieu here is the character sheet.

Male or Female:
Appearance:
Intelligence:
Diet:
History:
Religion:
Income:
Education:
Sexual orientation:
Sense of Humor:
Family:
Friends:
Psychology (intro/extrovert, etc.):
Goals and Dreams:
Limits:
Name:
Alias:
Costume:
Powers:

Amberghylles

I'd be interested.  Not sure what I'd play in it just yet.

LordAnubis

well as I told Darwishi I'm intrested.  I can cover a villian.

Darwishi

By the way, I'll be playing a Superheroine that looks like the girl in the portrait.  Dunno her profile yet, but just letting people know that we already have a good guy and a bad guy willing to play.  Feel free to join either side, or maybe no side at all...though the focus will be on the superpowered aspect of the game.

I'd really like to see this game take off, so please post even if you're semi interested in the game. 

Thanks.

Brandon

Ya know I was just thinking of asking for a super hero type game yesterday and here one is. Strange how that happens huh?

I think I would like to be a good guy. Just a normal dude with super powers that fights for justice and all that jazz. Although I dont have a clue what super powers I would have, itll take some thought i guess.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Darwishi

~nods~ Oh yeah, this would go into the Heavy Sexual category of the games, just so everyone knows.  I came to the site and wanted a superhero game as well, hence creating one.  But anyway I guess I should start keeping tabs of who's wanting to play?  I think we have four people wanting the game right now, 2 of which are heros, 1 is a villain, and 1 is undecided...

Note also that we want both male and female heros, and male and female villains.  That way it keeps it interesting during all times.  And nothing is set in stone yet, so you can change your mind on what type of character you'd like to play whenever you want.  Oh yeah and I wouldn't mind a lot of players on both sides (just in speculation) that way there's this constant kind of play going on where anyone can get involved with something. So right now there's no limit on players able to join this game...

Thanks again. ^^

Natalie C. Barney

Nice power level and all sure I'll play not sure which side yet, but I'm in.
"Why should a woman dress like the enemy."
Natalie Clifford Barney

D&D Shadows & Shades: ~Yeskarra, Bard~
Serenity-Tales of the Chasseur ~Saranii Jannu, Registered Companion~

Ajoxer

Could we do it with Aberrant, from White Wolf, rules? I'd definetly join it if so- I like their take on Supers.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Natalie C. Barney

I say keep this free-form I hate using rules when I don't own them. Thats up to the GM though.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Darwishi

Well Lord Anubis is the one that knows the systems around here so I'll let him field that question.  It'll be mostly free form, but to keep the fights fair I'd like to use a dice system, most likely Anubis will teach me how to use it and then we'll both do all of the dice rolling and post the results on the board.

Out of curiosity though, what is the White Wolf take on supers?

LordAnubis

Well I know the whitewolf system, that is cake.   but I don't know how they do powers there.  Is it like Vampire disciplines or mage spheres?

Ajoxer

Oh, I just like the wide variety of powers. All sortsa nifty stuff- Disintegration, Flight, Hypermovement, Gates, even Mega-Attributes. Sorta helps me visualize the things better.

Erm... It's really in a class of it's own. And the system itself, if I recall correctly, is somewhat different. Not massively so, but a bit.

>_> There's always LIIIIIMEWIIIIRE.
I have a shock collar, designed for maximum Player/GM efficiency. If you see that I have not properly been fulfilling my duties in posting regularly, or a game being held back because I haven't posted, PM me and give me hell!

Brandon

Heros unlimited by Palladium books is another good system for super hero games, though the system does take some getting used to. I would like to keep it largly freeform and only use rules when we absolutly have to. That way we dont get bogged down in a bunch of rules like most systems end up doing in PBP games (or at least thats been my experience).

Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Ajoxer

Natalie C. Barney

You can keep this simple assign each player a pool of 30 D6 to assign to powers and skills from 1d6-5d6, average 3d6. When there is a need to roll for success just assign a difficulty and roll. You can do something similar for some stats like PHYSICAL, MENTAL and SOCIAL maybe 10d6 assigning 1d6-4d6 [normal above the norm but not super hero like human would be 2d6]. Powers could overcome this like the THING would have Super Strength and Armor. When doing things just take a stat plus the power or skill and roll on that. Hit points would be the physical dice rolled plus 3d6 (for the basic luck etc. of the character). There the rules. Geesh this isn't hard just something to keep the game balance. And if someone wants weakenesses and adds them in maybe that can give extra dice on a power if fair. EXAMPLE: MR. TANK has power armor that sometime fails to work and all his powers are in it. GM can give bonus dice to the armor etc. but it can be taken away and each time a power is used it fails on a roll of 2 or 3 on a 2d6 until it can be fixed. So if a character is a dedicated BRICK they could have at most SUPER STRENGTH 9d6 and ARMOR 5d6 (don't think strength applies to a static defense) plus some combat skills and hobbies. And that seems a fair power level.

For normal defense you could roll against PHYSICAL as a resistance or something. If someone takes a useful skill like DODGE add that in or of course a power.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Darwishi

~blink, blink~ Well as I said, or mentioned at before, Anubis is more of the systems guy so I guess he's fielding all of this.  I'm more of a story type person so what I like to think about is more of the creative side of things.  I personally love traps/trials...so if someone can come up with an original trap I'm all for it.  But anyway I think the point was if you have any questions pertaining to the game that involves anything but systems, I'll be able to field those questions. ^^

Natalie C. Barney

No I just think most systems don't work well on-line. Plus are hard to use for original ideas. I had the idea for a villian that tosses out Pheromones (both sexes), Aphrodisiacs and can Implant Suggestions. Sort of an attracts people, hornies them up and manipulates them to do things for her. I was thinking a mutant with para-natural pheromones and glads that constantly pump out aphrodisiacs, the other power more psychic or something. Or a Hymnotic Ring that has a swirling red thing on it that twirls when she beguiles someone. So sort of a seductive and sneaky character, so I need a system that is flexible to easily do this. I think just work out some simple one thats all taht one can slap on in a couple paragraphs. As for the game I'm not sure I always liked the flavor of the BATMAN TV series sort of funny and all. Of course with adult content  ;).

How about for a character name ALLURA?
Natalie Clifford Barney

LordAnubis

personally, I like d20 system.  give the character a will save, fort save, reflex save.  Strength, con, intelligence and then detail out everything else as skill checks.  simplifies things and you can make a skill for anything.  and the will save gives them a chance to resist, and a chance to fail.

Darwishi

Not sure I agree with the will save...although I guess with someone like Allura that'd be necessary. ^^  I usually make women with strong wills.  Then again, I also hate slavery with a firey passion.  But anyway, that sounds pretty nifty for a character, Nat.  I'm up for creatively built characters, so I'm all up for making up a power, then having to work the system around that creativeness. ^^ 

Basically I'll go with that kind of power so long as Anubis can work his system around it.  Also, you don't have to post a way to block the pheremone attack...but is there a way?  ^^  Just some things to think about, and if you wanna go with that character you could go ahead and fill out the character sheet. =O)

We have, six people now?  I think anyway.  2 villains (if Nat wants to go with that char, don't have to of course, I just liked the idea), 2 heros, and 2 dunnos?  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Keep the ideas and characters coming. =O)

Natalie C. Barney

Well the Pheromones would be more passive to tip the people around her to her favor as the aphrodisiacs, I would guess logically it wouldn't work on robots, heros or villians with filters of some sort good enough (Iron Man sorts) and those not alive. Also a stronger willed character may have the moral resolve to resist like MR. FREEZE in that Batman movie. I had idea for the Suggestion Power a funky looking mood ring sort of thing with a red swirling thing on it and a sonic beam that lulls the mind to take her suggestions in. I should point out her first power wouldn't be obvious save for an intoxicating scent on her body.

Strong willed woman a challenge then- LOL.  ;)
Natalie Clifford Barney

Darwishi

Ahh okay.  Well that sounds even more interesting now.  And I'm not sure how the fighting would work on that, I usually think of fighting as physical combat, but I suppose it could be mental combat as well.  Anyway, I'd probably go free-form with the game if I didn't fear auto-hits and god moders and the such.  The dice just resolves a lot of arguments before they can even happen, you know?  I'd really like to see a character sheet on your characther, Nat.  I'll be coming up with my heroine pretty soon.  ^^ Based on the blonde in my portrait...

Brandon

Another option is to let each player roll 1 die and whoever gets the highest wins. Short and easy to understand and doesnt require weeks examining books in extensive detail.

Anyway, I think Ild like to play out my favorite City of heros character, the Blue meteor. A bodybuilder by nature he eventually went above and beyond human limitations through sheer determination. Granting him massive physical abillities such as super strength, jumping distance/hieght, and speed. Beyond that he trians in a type of body hardening martial art that makes his flesh and bones nearly indestructable to the point where a 30 ton truck landing on him would just leave a bruise.

Ill have to think about it more but thats just a rough draft.

Darwishi

~nods~ Just remember that while one or two people shouldn't be able to take him on...around fifteen should.  ^^  Basically I don't want them to devolve into one of those things where the city is destroyed at night from a fight...and then it's resurrected by morning. =OP  So maybe tone him down a bit? Unless fifteen people could take him? though if a semi can hit him and it leaves a mere bruise...I'm thinking fifteen people won't be doing so hot. ^^  Otherwise that sounds like an interesting character...mostly because he worked out so hard to become stronger and ended up giving himself superhuman abilities as a result. ^^  At least, if I read that right. 

Also, don't forget to design their costumes and what not. ^^

Brandon

Yep, Ive always found that characters that developed their powers naturally rather then them being granted through technology, mutation, etc always made more interesting characters

I pretty much picture BM as superman without the flight and laser eyes. Toning him down might be difficult but I think before I do that we should wait and see if our villains can come up with anything sinister and powerful enough to be a match for him.

Bishrook aka Fate sisters

Hi folks,
Yes I am interested in such a game and like the power levels suggested. I would the option of using magic powers, tech powers and perhaps supernatural race. (Vampire for example). Aliens moght be nice as well.
But all could be required a human cover.
I think all of those could be handled by the 15 to 1 limit.
I really dislike elaborate rules and I just hate D20. The simpler the better.
For what is worth here is my suggestion.
Guardianangel98’s suggestion is neat fair and simple. No one starts ahead and no messy politic around XP’s. No elaborate charts.
Each player has one dice. In any confrontation each player roles a dice. Higher one wins.
No damage…that requires we keep track. Characters can be thwarted, captured or have to run away. Victors win the ‘flag’ (cash, a kidnapping victim or a prison break for a buddy)
As far as mental powers I will cooperate with telepaths by telling them what my characters are think with reasonable limit. (Proximity being the major factor) I will allow them to render my character inactive or be captured but I am not going to switch sides or act pout of character for a die roll.
Steph
Weaver of threads
 Clotho who spins,Lachesis who weaves Atopos who cuts
We are the fate sisters, the Moerae, who apportion your destiny.
ons and offs
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=7310.0

Oh yeah. I am willing to play on eiiter side or both. Genders aimed at acheived game balance. I would prefer obviously not to fight myself.
We might try the 'troup'methoud of players sharing the running of minor characters instead of the poor GM having ru  everything for bartenders to cab drivers.
Steph
Weaver of threads
ons and offs

Darwishi

Guardian:  All he'd have to be powered down to is the 15 to 1 ratio. (That being 15 humans able to take down 1 super).

Bishrook: Aliens are allowed, but only to a certain extent.  I'd rather not see a thing with four hundred tentacles slithering around.  For some reason that just strikes me as non-creative in a sexual game. ^^  Anyway, I don't see anything wrong with vampires since they fall into the 15 to 1 ratio.  To me the simple dice system works, not sure what Anubis thinks on that...  Anyway, that will work so long as people actually take damage and all.  That'll also keep the free form aspect high.  The only comment I have is to give them a 1d100 die.  Maybe the further the two numbers are apart the more damage one takes?  I dunno that might not work in some situations...  Anyway suggestions are welcome.

Also, just as a reminder everyone should be willing to have their character both win and lose a fight.  Then you can discuss OOCly what the terms of the defeat will mean. 

Amberghylles

Freeform and combat just don't work together.  Period.

Ideally, any fight in a freefrm game should basically be worked out in advance by the writers based on the characters involved and what it does for the plot for one of them to win.  But that doesn't happen every time, and if anything can cause trouble and hard feelings in a freeform game, it's a fight scene.

Now, a fairly simple system would be ok, just as long as there's some impartial force to say who wins and who doesn't.  Even something as simple as strength ratings (maybe given as a number of dice if you want a nice random factor) could work. 

Darwishi

You've obviously never done a fight scene with me before...oh wait...yeah you have. =OP  Anyway, I do want a system of some sort so that one person can't get too attached to their character and say hey I don't want that to happen...so it doesn't! Ha! 

Ahem, anyway, I also want to avoid autohits, and god moding and all that jazz so systems pretty much take that out of it.  I don't agree with planning out a fight before hand and seeing who wins, mostly because there are no surprises in that, nothing can happen in the middle of the fight to turn the tables...  You get the point, I just don't like planning out a scene too much before it happens.  Now if someone said, okay my character is on this rooftop if someone wants to happen to have their character nearby...that's about as far as I'm willing to go on the whole planning thing.

Anyway, ultimately it's up to Lord Anubis, since he knows how systems work way more than me.  I know all of one system...and that's only half knowing it. ^^  And it was made up by someone on Shards, so most people on other sites don't know of it.

LordAnubis

Well, as far as the system goes, I never like a single dice roll. and taking just the results because then it is just as easy for a pencil necked geek to bash superman into submission as it is for superman to bash him.  Too much revolving around luck.  I agree with combat not working with freeform, someone has to plan to lose otherwise it goes on for ever.

I think it'd be best to make a cropped down sheet like I mentioned.  Just cover the combat abilities and the ability to resist attacks or mental attacks.  That way even a strong willed character could fail in resisting a mental attack.   scale from 1-10 in stats, roll a d20 and add the stat that is your results, you can post the results with your attempted action.  They can make a roll, see if you succeed post their roll and what happens.  It isn't ideal since it'd slow things down some, but I think everyone can handle 1d20+ number by your states.  It doesn't cover what degree of sucess, but we're hoping for an easy system.

Natalie C. Barney

May I suggest a d20 then and use the amount lost by to determine how badly, if its close they could get away if really bad like one rolls 20 and the other a 1 it was a major loss and likely capture. To keep this interesting we could use powers and if they are attacking if a specialty add a bonus to the roll, same for defenses. I have a suggestion assign skill points for a bonus of +1 to +4 distributing a pool of points. [Example 30 to Start] for powers and skills keeping skills broader like THIEF, MARTIAL ARTS, DRIVE GROUND VEHICLE. Powers would be used under them for attack rolls etc. Without a HIT SYSTEM this would be just one roll and the winner gets to pace the thing accordingly (GM should ok the results). POWERS should be more focused and have a weakeness like the HUMAN TORCH would need to by FIRE GENERATION, FIRE CONTROL, FIRE ARMOR and FLIGHT in this system and likely have as a weakness COLD and WATER taking away his bonuses. The BATMAN would have skills and powers would be Gadgets and Devices if special like the BATMOBILE. [Batarang most likely a took under martial arts or some combat skill- big things should need a power.] Flexible yet simple with a way to use xp.

XP would simple be skill points and could use them to add new things to the character or raise existing things, perhaps the current bonus in XP to go up one. So a +4 skill to go to +5 would cost 4 XP. Then the base d20 would represent the general aptitude of the hero I would take it above a normal human somewhat. I would set a maximum bonus of +8 to be fair and taht would take a-lot of time to get that good in even one area.

OPTIONAL: If you want some sort of hit system could make it 2d4+4 and add 1d4 HITS per 2 XP Point spent as they advance as characters. Each time they lose a fight challenge drop it 1 HIT and if a loss is greater than a 5 difference on the roll add 1 HIT per 5 difference. Like a 20 vs. 1 thats a 15 difference so 4 HITS lost. But this would add a layer of complexity and take more time to use just an idea the free-form system should work as is.
Natalie Clifford Barney

LordAnubis

Something I put together in a minute.

Any input?  I figured this would allow you to still make up all your own powers and rate them. and can just say what they roll to resist the power.  Doesn't cover how well you succeed or fail, but for that we'll need a much more complex sheet.

all dice will be a 1d20
Easy combat sheet
(heroes get between 50-70 points, no more then two stats at 10)
3 is “human” level
10 is “I don’t want to be on the receiving end” level

Strength (lift something heavy, try to break free from someone’s grasp, crush something)
Defense (your parrying or evading attaks)

Fortitude (ability to remain conscious or resist posions)
Reflex (Getting the hell out of the way, or landing on your feet/getting back to them fast)
Will (ability to resist psychological attacks)

Combat (list style)

Power (list with effects)

And this system is meant for no xp.  if we're going to have xp and being able to grow in power, you shoudl start with less points and go with her idea.

Natalie C. Barney

Quote from: LordAnubis on May 28, 2005, 02:10:01 PM
Something I put together in a minute.

Any input?  I figured this would allow you to still make up all your own powers and rate them. and can just say what they roll to resist the power.  Doesn't cover how well you succeed or fail, but for that we'll need a much more complex sheet.

all dice will be a 1d20
Easy combat sheet
(heroes get between 50-70 points, no more then two stats at 10)
3 is “human” level
10 is “I don’t want to be on the receiving end” level

Strength (lift something heavy, try to break free from someone’s grasp, crush something)
Defense (your parrying or evading attaks)

Fortitude (ability to remain conscious or resist posions)
Reflex (Getting the hell out of the way, or landing on your feet/getting back to them fast)
Will (ability to resist psychological attacks)

Combat (list style)

Power (list with effects)

And this system is meant for no xp.  if we're going to have xp and being able to grow in power, you shoudl start with less points and go with her idea.

Fine ideas we are getting somewhere this could work but I would say add some sort of Hit Point system might offer this: Fortitude. Each successful attack roll a simple 1d6 for damage when it hits 0 they get KO'd maybe worst but death should be rarer.
Natalie Clifford Barney

LordAnubis

I like the idea.  Roll a d6 that number is the amount of "damage" you've taken.  When it finally exceeds your fortidue score, you have to make rolls to remain concious each time you're hit.  damage stays until you can go home and rest, get magically healed or if you have regeneration we'll work something out.

LordAnubis

And if two people agree ahead of time that someone just has to lose the fight. they can do that.    This will just let titan's colide and no one has to eat crow and surrender their character and lose.  Figure it's always your option to just take the hit instead of rolling your defense.

Brandon

I was going to suggest adapting the d20 modern rules since you can get that SRD free but that works too. Although you might want to add a weakness to each hero/villian to make them particularily suseptable to a certain form of attack. Just a thought though.

Natalie C. Barney

Well that should depend on the hero a pure martial artist sort like the Batman really doesn't have any. Most powers should have some limits and if you add a weakness perhaps allow extra character points for them. Might I suggest for each non-power related weakness like Superman being hurt by Kryptonite add 10 extra points allowing one or two. Remember GM's love using weaknesses so it should be optional. Just my take.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Brandon

Personally I dont think a hero isnt really a hero without some type of weakness. Like in BMs case sure hes a power house versus physical manifestations and challenges but hes just as suseptable to psychic manipulation or other dangers to the mind as any normal human.

Natalie C. Barney

Quote from: guardianangel98 on May 28, 2005, 06:05:14 PM
Personally I dont think a hero isnt really a hero without some type of weakness. Like in BMs case sure hes a power house versus physical manifestations and challenges but hes just as suseptable to psychic manipulation or other dangers to the mind as any normal human.

Hardly he has a very strong will and is not exactly a power house but he is well trained with gadgets, I don't see any major weakmess except he's not super powered.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Brandon

bleh, that should have read "I dont think a hero is really a hero without a weakness"

It depends on which batman your talking about. Yeah if you got Bruce wayne away froma ll those gadgets he can still handle himself pretty well but hes still not as powerful. If it were the new batman (Terry something) then he wouldnt stand a chance. The difference is Bruce is a mix of Natural abilities and technology while Terry is totally technology because he really cant do anything without that suit.

Weaknesses dont mean they make the hero totally suseptable to attack (like superman and Kryptonite) it just means theyre severly diminished in their capabilities.

LordAnubis

I agree, but before we start handing out bonuses for weaknesses, Do we want an xp system so they can grow, or do we want to make simplified characters and have fixed points.

should probably include gadgets in the "powers" section.  Since aside from martial arts, that's what batman uses.

LordAnubis

And I should also say, this cropped down character sheet is meant solely fore combat and when you're trying to put your skills against someone else.  I know Darwishi, there will be a whole other character sheet for the freeform purposes.

Brandon

I think any progression should be purely roleplaying based and handled by Darwishi because again we dont want this game to be just about grabbing more xp and essentially power. This way if our characters improve in some way its shown through roleplaying and not a situation where the fighter gains a level and suddenly knows how to trip opponents without training of any kind

That kind of progression in power has always bugged me.

Darwishi

Yeah, I think you guys are doing great.  But also, this game is supposed to be about story and development of characters through the roleplay not through systems.  I think experiance points are a little too far on the system game side than on the story telling.  You add those in and some might try to play just for experiance. 

I like the idea of having power points, weakness points, and defense points.  Where you roll a d20 die and add points to your roll depending on the stat in use.  Weakness points would either add to the opponents attack, or weaken the defense of your character.  Actually I guess defense points could go into power points...but whatever.  Like I said I'm not real good on the whole systems side of things.  But just remember K.I.S.S. ^^

Keep It Simple, Stupid.  (It's actually a graphic design thing, but it works for this system part as well.)  The game is based around story not the system, so the system should be as simple as possible while also providing a clear understanding of how one's powers are affecting another character. ^^

LordAnubis

A quick shot at the weakness idea.  what do you guys think?

Low weakness - 5 pts- Character's powers don't function properly when this occurs.  Character should be a little disoriented at first or should be slow to use his/her powers around it.  system -3 to all rolls.

Mid weakness -8 pts - Character has a hard time functioning when this occurs. Character should be disoriented for a time well after he is away from it, or his powers shouldn't work afterwards system -9 to all rolls, each use of your powers cause you to take 1 damage.

Major weakness - 15- This is nearly lethal to the character.  Superman any kyrpronite.  System: powers don't work period, all combat actions take a -4 to the rolls and every two posts from the time the weakness comes into play until you can get away from it you take two damage.

Eyes begin to glass over....head to slump...
Steph
Weaver of threads
ons and offs

Brandon

I think its a little confusing at first but certainly workable.

LordAnubis

It was just a rough out idea. if I dedicated some time to it I'd come up with something a bit easier to understand.  But it's just meant to say if your weakness is just an adgitation you get something and you get more if the weakness is lethal to you.

Darwishi

~watches bishrook glaze over and walks over to give her...a back rub, yeaaaaah...~

Natalie C. Barney

Well if you want simple how about the fameous RISIS: ANYTHING RPG RULES they are free, core rules without the extras are 7 pages and they have lots of rule ideas for super heros put out by talented Risus plaers and GM's.

[url][www222.pair.com/sjohn/risus.htm/url]

Are simple and the cliche's system leaves a-lot of flexibility just have fun. Like a character like the Batman would have as a Cliche's set (my interpretation):
Cowled Crimefighter of the Night in the Guise of a Bat [Intimidating in Costume, Utility Belt, Creep Around at Night], Self-Taught Detective Supreme [Investigate Crime Scenes, Deductive Reasoning, Acute Senses] and Expert Martial Artist Crimefighter with Favorite Gadgets and Toys [Martial Arts, Athletic, Use Gadgets & Toys].

And its easy if you use these in a fight both players roll on the most relevant dice pool, roll and if you lose a dice goes from your dice-pool each time. When you have no more dice pools to use you lose the fight. For non-combat the GM sets a difficulty number and you roll on that. Ok its not realistic and makes cliche's pretty broad but each one is roughly a D&D Character Class so if you think of FIGHTER or MAGE you get the idea. A BATMOBILE is just a gadget or toy but he has one.

And I suggest a HOOK and BACKGROUND option for an extra one or two dice plus fleshes the character out better. And the XP system is easy to use and not requiring of much paperwork.
Natalie Clifford Barney

Darwishi

Alright!  Eden City is now in the NC: Exotic Systems games.  (Didn't want free formers to say...hey look a game! and then realize there were also Systems involved.  I think it's easier for system players to adjust...anyway it's still mostly free form with system fights, I just didn't know where to put it. ^^  Anyway just putting up a notice that it's up. =O)

Quote from: Darwishi on May 28, 2005, 09:52:51 PM
~watches bishrook glaze over and walks over to give her...a back rub, yeaaaaah...~
Perks up...Ah Hon...now that is more like it...ummm you rub other places as well
Steph
Weaver of threads
ons and offs

Darwishi

By the way, if anyone is still interested there are tons more slots to be filled. ^^ Like I said there is no limit on characters for right now.  Oh and while the game is placed in the Systems gaming, it's actually mostly freeform, just the fights are in system to prevent god moding and to put in a power level. ^^  Again, this game is based mostly on story. 

Darwishi

If anyone is interested in joining the game feel free to send me an RTJ at any time that you'd like.  This isn't really a game where you step in and you're way behind if you come in late, there are supposed to be tons of heros and tons of villains (or superheroines and villainesses...) that are to be played out.   So if you're interested and haven't sent me an RTJ or haven't posted on here in a while I'd like to hear from you.  If you don't know about a character I can always help you out with fleshing him/her out if need be. ^^

Darwishi

It occurs to me that I should have titled this Supehero game: Eden City.  Maybe that'd turn out more people being interested.  As for right now we have a decent amount of both heros and villains, but hey, we could always use more.  Remember that the game is mostly freeform, with the occasional system battle.  If you have any questions be sure to just PM me or Lord Anubis.  Thanks.

Darwishi

Alright, I'm going to be revamping the rules this weekend and clarifying a few things, so if anyone is still interested just send me a PM.  The biggest change is that Eden is moving to completely FreeForm.

Darwishi

Need villains for this game. ^^  Heros will still be accepted, it's just we have no one to fight currently. =O)