Caws and Croaks From the Rookery: AdriRaven's Group Ideas!

Started by AdriRaven, June 25, 2011, 09:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AdriRaven

So, here's one to start with!  I will add more as I think of them.  Any interest should be addressed to me via PM.  Thanks!

Cast a Deadly Spell
(Bondage to Extreme, Lesbian Content)
It is 1950 - the Second World War was ended just five years ago on a pyre coated with the ashes of fallen empires.  There is magic in the air - and everybody knows because its emergence won the War for the Allies.  Five years have passed, and the world is still trying to put it together, and restore itself to a kind of order.  Japan is under American occupation, and Germany and its ill-gotten territory have been gobbled up by hungry powers who now eye each other warily over the picked-over remains.

To the common people, though - every day Americans living out their lives, it is a time of peace, promise and prosperity.  The war is over, people can enjoy their time of plenty, and life goes on.  Magic, originally a terrifying thing, has become fashionable, its use rampant from the halls of power to the small confines of the average, everyday family.  Its use makes life easier, its practitioners lovelier, wealthier, luckier.

But underneath the more glamorous facade, there are more serious students of the Art.  And they know how dangerous a time they live in.  Most use of magic is widespread amongst the dilletante set - simple charms to increase luck, appeal or wealth, but nothing so serious as proper spells.  At the same time, there are those who fear magic's power, and are rallying to wage a campaign against what they see as an insidious corrosion in the heart of America.  Against this backdrop, a series of bizarre, shocking murders rocks the city.  The victims: some of the most talented and secretive mages in the city, all slain in gruesome, eldritch fashion.

This story fragment is inspired by the TV movies Cast a Deadly Spell and Witch Hunt, both of which portray a post-WWII America in which magic is a common occurence, and the hero of the story is a detective who does not use magic.  Similarly, I had just watched The Black Dahlia, and feel that a gritty, magic-based murder mystery might be a lot of fun.  I'm imagining an aesthetic not unlike the Fallout games, only with MAGIC! rather than SCIENCE!  I am interested in playing one of the marked mages of the community, and am looking for somebody to play a detective or a scholar-type, female, obsessed with magic, though not really a practitioner, herself.  Somebody who, being a women, gets disregarded by most men, and ends up having to deal with all the weird, undesirable cases.  Sort of a Lesbian Noir with Spellcraft!  I will be narrating the deeds of the killer in the background, and could, in fact, see this as a group game with expanded roles, if there is sufficient interest!

As always, those who are interested in this should contact me via PM.  Thank you!