Battle of the Books

Started by Valerian, July 20, 2011, 06:26:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

desert ashes

What trickery was this?  Thoughts danced across her mind as Moirae arrived a bit delayed, surveyed the scene before them, slim brows raising as she pondered one notion, another, and then dismissed them both.  Lifting her head, a thick mass of long, pale gold curls that cascaded from the moonlit silver circle atop her head and clung to the curve of her back, Moirae rose the hem of her dress just to her ankles and carried her way through the scattered books, shoulders held back and chin just slightly elevated.  The dress was of a purest white, woven with threads of silver with a sheer filigree encasing the wildflower hemmed bodice; a thin, pure gold thread held each flower to the thin bodice, and ran along high above the waist where the frothy skirt fluttered down to sweep the floor, bare toes peeking out from beneath with each step. 

The others were come upon with a small sense of relief, though it did not flicker across her features.  Instead, soft lips merely parted with a slight intake of breath, the curve of her back straightening with a slight haughtiness.  At the thought of having to vote for one of them, her gaze danced over each of them, pausing only a couple of times.  Who seemed best suited for work, rather than love and leisure?  Lightly quirking her lips, her eyes swept to the left.  "Leorobin seems like a fine choice."

make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Valerian

Vote ~ Librarian

Beguile's Mistress (2) - Aiden, Falanor
Josietta (2) -  Kendra, Kyrsa
Kendra (2) - Josietta, Imogen
Leorobin (2) - Remiel, Moirae
Marguerite (1) - Ryven
Remiel (1) - Leorobin
Aiden (0)
Falanor (0)
FoamWeber (0)
Imogen (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Moirae (0)
Ryven (0)
That Girl Analise (0)

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, FoamWeber, Marguerite, That Girl Analise

There are 7 Protagonists, 3 Antagonists, 1 Brave Soldier, 1 Mysterious Killer, 1 Forthright Detective, and 1 Wise Matchmaker.
"To live honorably, to harm no one, to give to each his due."
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Marguerite

I am going to put my vote in for Ryven.
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

That Girl Analise

Picking by a method that seemed to have no purpose whatsoever, Analise picked Kendra.

Beguile's Mistress

Beguile paused as her name was suggested for the post of Librarian.  How sweet, she thought, that her natural abilities and intelligence were so obvious.  Past experience had taught her that while it was pleasant to have two men vying for her attention it was not desirable to favor one over the other.  Men were such wonderful creatures when you treated them right and so as she smiled sweetly at them both and went from one to the other in turn to brush finger tips first against her lips and then theirs with a whispered thank you she named Leorobin as her choice for Librarian.

Valerian

Vote ~ Librarian

Kendra (3) - Josietta, Imogen, That Girl Analise
Leorobin (3) - Remiel, Moirae, Beguile's Mistress
Beguile's Mistress (2) - Aiden, Falanor
Marguerite (1) - Ryven
Remiel (1) - Leorobin
Ryven (1) - Marguerite
Aiden (0)
Falanor (0)
FoamWeber (0)
Imogen (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Moirae (0)
That Girl Analise (0)

Yet to vote: FoamWeber

There are 7 Protagonists, 3 Antagonists, 1 Brave Soldier, 1 Mysterious Killer, 1 Forthright Detective, and 1 Wise Matchmaker.
~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Aiden

"I change my vote for Kendra, let's get this Librarian vote over with shall we?"

Valerian

Vote ~ Librarian

Kendra (4) - Josietta, Imogen, That Girl Analise, Aiden
Beguile's Mistress (1) - Falanor
Marguerite (1) - Ryven
Remiel (1) - Leorobin
Ryven (1) - Marguerite
Aiden (0)
Falanor (0)
FoamWeber (0)
Imogen (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Moirae (0)
That Girl Analise (0)

Yet to vote: FoamWeber

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

FoamWeber

"Kendra seems like a good choice for librarian," Miss Weber said, after carefully watching the others collected in the library.

Valerian

Final Vote ~ Librarian

*Kendra (5) - Josietta, Imogen, That Girl Analise, Aiden, FoamWeber
Beguile's Mistress (1) - Falanor
Marguerite (1) - Ryven
Remiel (1) - Leorobin
Ryven (1) - Marguerite
Aiden (0)
Falanor (0)
FoamWeber (0)
Imogen (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Moirae (0)
That Girl Analise (0)

With that task finished, there was now less pleasant business at hand.  Hamlet, that melancholy Dane, was still dead, killed in the night by some mysterious hand, and until that was solved, none of them would be able to rest safely between the covers.

Would their new Librarian help them find a happy ending?  Or would their tale become a tragedy?

It is now time for the first lynch vote.  Cookies for the person brave enough to vote first!  Remember, all the innocents are equally confused on this vote, so speed =/= guilt.

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Remiel

With the Librarian decided, it was time to accuse someone of Hamlet's foul murder.  With any luck, his ghost would appear in the night and decry who'd done the deed.  Until then, they were forced to rely on simple deductive reasoning.

Unfortunately, what did they have to go on?  Remiel fished in his trouser pockets and produced a mouldy, sea-stained compass. It had never worked, but Remiel tapped it anyway.  Round and round the little arrow spun, quivering jerkily, until, eventually, it stopped to point in Marguerite's direction. 

"One guess is as good as another," he shrugged, snapping the compass casing closed and tucking it back into his trousers.

Imogen

Votes had been cast in many directions with Kendra being the most popular choice. With that behind them, it was beyond time to look to other matters. The choice of weapon bothered him; he rather faced a group using only his fists than one man with a knife but he had no doubt he could deal this one when the time came. First, they had to find him.

He watched as the one called Remiel used a compass to descry the guilty one. Not even the owner seemed to have much confidence in its abilities and Imogen shrugged. He prefered other methods. Investigation. Logic. His gaze turned towards Foamweber who had not voted for the librarian. He ambled over. "You didn't vote." He said quietly. "I wonder why?"
[tr][td]
[/td]
[td][/td]
[td]Woo's and Won'ts / Absences
Stor-E Writers Registry[/td]
[td][/td]
[td][/td]
[/tr][/table]

FoamWeber

"Vote for what?" Miss Weber asked. "A librarian? Of course I voted for one- I just took my time to observe everyone first."

That Girl Analise

Analise looked over at Imogen "Foam voted for Kendra," she said. "Why so quick to find a reason to accuse her?"

Valerian

Lynch Vote

Imogen (2) - That Girl Analise, FoamWeber
Marguerite (2) - Remiel, Aiden
FoamWeber (1) - Imogen
Leorobin (1) - Josietta
Remiel (1) - Ryven
Aiden (0)
Beguile's Mistress (0)
Falanor (0)
Josietta (0)
*Kendra (0)
Kyrsa (0)
Moirae (0)
Ryven (0)
That Girl Analise (0)

Yet to vote: Beguile's Mistress, Falanor, Kendra, Kyrsa, Leorobin, Marguerite, Moirae

~ Ulpian, c. 530 CE

Josietta

Keeping her place, she watched each of them speak in turn. The well dressed lady looked to each of them for some clue as to who to trust and who to question. It was something of interest to be sure. Her pale colored eyes followed Remiel and then Imogen before she stopped to watch Leorobin.

"What is this limp? Were you injured in a fight? or perhaps a childhood malady?"

Her words weren't accusing, per say, but they did hold question.

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖                    ❤️🧡💛💚💙💜🖤🤍💖
                                 O.Os   / A.As / Ideas 
                           Warning:  Finicky Muse Ahead!

Zelric Miras

"It was in a fight indeed. But not with another human being." Leorobin spoke when inquired, motioning for Josietta to take a seat with him. He had also wondered who of this might be suspicious, he'd rather wait for a few moments to watch each of their antiques. His accent was ever present when he restarted his tale. "I'm not good with stories, so I'd rather make it short. In one of my trips I had an encounter with a lion, a large and powerful beast, yet magnificent in it's own right. It prepared to jump at me and I aimed as a caution and when it jumped I shot. I bullet took him down, but his teeth dug in my thigh, so deep that I felt them scrape the bone."

Leorobin made a pause to let the story sink in, he leaned back and watched at Josietta. "I had to tie it with a handkerchief and a stick to prevent death and then travel some miles to get some proper treatment. Well it's just a hunter's yarn." Leorobin smiled discreetly and looked at Josietta. "More interesting than a childhood malady..." He mused more to himself than to Josietta.

FoamWeber

Miss Weber stared at Imogen. "Perhaps flawed logic is a sign of guilt," she said.

Aiden

"I'm with Remiel on this, it is all guess work at this point. Marguerite"

Ryven

"Something just doesn't seem right about Remiel."

Zelric Miras

Leorobin eyed Falanor and his jingling spurs, he wondered why would he carry those inside the library.

Marguerite

Marguerite glanced up from her painting having been too into the female portrait to put her vote in but at her name the attention was broken. "Remiel, I do believe you have a broken compass. Bring it downstairs where I can fix it but be careful of the light art fixtures I placed near the door. Perhaps you will see I have been painting and concur with Aiden  and his own foolishness. I think there is something amiss to point fingers at the artists."
*R.R*A.A*O.O*Wiki*Bordello*Whip and Apple*
You Keep On Crying, Baby, I'll Bleed You Dry
Mar Is Currently: Taking On Threads
Check My Absence Thread For Updates, Thank You

desert ashes

Moirae's eyes slowly swept over to Imogen, twinges of boredom and thrilling fear battling for the expression in her eyes.  "Perhaps common, but they're quite right.  Why would you so eagerly falsely accuse someone unless you had something to hide?" 
make me forget
how to breathe

leave me with the
taste of your sin
they will lie about you, insult you, hurt you,
betray you, injure  you, set you aflame and
watch you burn. but they will not, shall not,
c a n n o t, destroy  you. because  you, like
R o m e, were built  on ashes, and you, like
a phoenix, know how to rise and resurrect.
· accepting new stories ·
 ·· · ideas & cravings ·· ons & offs ·· poetry ·· a/a ·· stories · ··

let there be beauty born from ashes

Kye

Kyrsa listened to the accusations fly and found herself unable to decide who the culprit could be.  Instead she decided to choose someone randomly.  "Marguerite  stands out the most to me... though I am not sure why that would be."

Falanor

Falanor watched as people began pointing their fingers, unsure why Imogen was so readily to accuse someone.  "Seems someone might have a guilty conscience, do ye ken?"