Dark Hearts 5e [Hard Difficulty] West Marches Style (Recruiting, Co-DM Wanted)

Started by Jezabelle, December 06, 2017, 06:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jezabelle

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on December 22, 2017, 02:17:08 PM
Although it should be carrot enough to get co-GM for having their chars ran by you, but I feel you may get more response to co-GM role (now that it's 8 people and so 2 parties of 4 which is your max to run with anyways) if you offer a carrot (which you can benefit as well). In one 3.5 FR based forum game at Rpol there was rule that if you GM'ed a adventure (run it entirely from beginning to end), you get XP/points collected and you can invest said XP/Points to your chars.

Points can be used to buy like 'treasure/magic items' given to your char which they find during a adventure (decided by fellow GM/co-GM). Or able play restricted class/race or get other perks for your char which do not involve other players (example get noble title and NPC's recognize it).

I'm not unwilling to consider such propositions, but it would need to be very open so people wouldn't feel they'd been cheated--also with such a high danger game I don'thynk it'd be fair to put the items into the adventures, if I give items at all.  More likely gold or xp.

Zaer Darkwail

Gold/XP can be suitable reward, albeit you can in theory get magic items with gold but it needs it's own venture and searching about.

Caitlin

I've given co-DMing the other group a lot of thought, but it'd depend on whether or not my own game continues with the next campaign and some other factors. I wouldn't be able to commit until early February anyway. Getting additional advantages as exp would definitely be nice though. Extra gold is nice too, but I find it hard to come up with stuff to spend gold on after you make about 500 gp - 1000 gp.

Unless of course there'd be a shop that sells magic items in exchange for a lot of gold (like the kind of gold you'd make from 3 - 4 adventures), but I do think it makes more sense to see items drop during the adventures. Alternatively, the party could sort it out among themselves who gets gold and who gets the item if something drops at the end of the adventure. The other party members might be able to save up for an item that way through several adventures. That's just an idea though.

Green Goo Theory

I'm interested in joining up if you're still taking people. Not sure if I'd have the chance to co-DM right now but possibly at some point in the future.
Coming soon...

Jezabelle

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on December 25, 2017, 03:01:56 PM
I'm interested in joining up if you're still taking people. Not sure if I'd have the chance to co-DM right now but possibly at some point in the future.

That we are.

Green Goo Theory

Name: Shel The Dishonored
Race: Orc

Sexuality (IC): Curious/inexperienced
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Up for trying anything once, probably.  Except scat/vore/etc.

Physical Description:
Shel stands at a hair over six feet tall and her faced marked with a permanent scowl.  At first glance it'd look like she bore the scars of a lifetime of battle but with a closer look these deep gouges and marks were the crude and ineffective attempts at tattoo removal.  The only tattoo to remain was across her face telling tales of her dishonorable deeds to any orcs that saw it.  Unless attempting a disguise she wore the least amount of clothing possible at any given time.

Personal History: Even from her early years Shel stood out among her village.  A sought after prize to her father's riches and her (racially specific) beauty.  At the head of the line was their War Chief whose advances—nor those of his sons-- were at all subtle.  For any other orcish woman her life would've been ideal, following in the footsteps of their matriarchal deity Luthic. 

Shel wanted nothing to do with this traditional lifestyle.  She was constantly defying expectations and drawing weapons and sneaking out on any raids she could.  Coming back from the latest raid shortly after her passage to adulthood she was forced into matrimony to the Chieftan's oldest son.  Shel would have none of this and in his attempts to force himself upon her her dagger found its way through his ribs. 

She was met with beatings and torture where she was marked for her transgressions.  Her family was slaughtered and she was released to bear her shame openly for the world to see. Her only hope was attempt to blend in among the seedy underbelly of human society.

Demise Preference: Corruption or imprisonment

Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1440024

A nice spread
Coming soon...

Jezabelle

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on December 28, 2017, 01:40:41 AM
Name: Shel The Dishonored
Race: Orc

Sexuality (IC): Curious/inexperienced
Acceptable Encounters (OOC): Up for trying anything once, probably.  Except scat/vore/etc.

Physical Description:
Shel stands at a hair over six feet tall and her faced marked with a permanent scowl.  At first glance it'd look like she bore the scars of a lifetime of battle but with a closer look these deep gouges and marks were the crude and ineffective attempts at tattoo removal.  The only tattoo to remain was across her face telling tales of her dishonorable deeds to any orcs that saw it.  Unless attempting a disguise she wore the least amount of clothing possible at any given time.

Personal History: Even from her early years Shel stood out among her village.  A sought after prize to her father's riches and her (racially specific) beauty.  At the head of the line was their War Chief whose advances—nor those of his sons-- were at all subtle.  For any other orcish woman her life would've been ideal, following in the footsteps of their matriarchal deity Luthic. 

Shel wanted nothing to do with this traditional lifestyle.  She was constantly defying expectations and drawing weapons and sneaking out on any raids she could.  Coming back from the latest raid shortly after her passage to adulthood she was forced into matrimony to the Chieftan's oldest son.  Shel would have none of this and in his attempts to force himself upon her her dagger found its way through his ribs. 

She was met with beatings and torture where she was marked for her transgressions.  Her family was slaughtered and she was released to bear her shame openly for the world to see. Her only hope was attempt to blend in among the seedy underbelly of human society.

Demise Preference: Corruption or imprisonment

Sheet: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1440024

A nice spread

For everyone involved I would change age to read something like "20 in human equivalent."  Other than that your character looks good.

Green Goo Theory

Edit made.  That was the one thing I was kind of wary about when doing this just because of Orc's funky aging.  Full grown adult at 12 and dead by 50?  Might as well count it in dog years.
Coming soon...

Jezabelle

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on December 28, 2017, 02:05:41 PM
Edit made.  That was the one thing I was kind of wary about when doing this just because of Orc's funky aging.  Full grown adult at 12 and dead by 50?  Might as well count it in dog years.

Indeed, but as a mod on this site given the insanely high liability I can imagine taking one look at that and giving the Big Nope.  Within the context of the lore I understand they're a fully mature adult physically/mentally.

Very good, you are approved.  There's a second group forming up that may have just gotten an opening for you to slide into, I'll send you your starting rumour ASAP.

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: Jezabelle on December 28, 2017, 02:41:21 PM
Indeed, but as a mod on this site given the insanely high liability I can imagine taking one look at that and giving the Big Nope.  Within the context of the lore I understand they're a fully mature adult physically/mentally.

Very good, you are approved.  There's a second group forming up that may have just gotten an opening for you to slide into, I'll send you your starting rumour ASAP.

I completely understand.  Thanks for letting me join in on the fun.
Coming soon...

Jezabelle

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on December 28, 2017, 03:08:18 PM
I completely understand.  Thanks for letting me join in on the fun.

Anytime, we've got a very open door here.  I'm hoping to grow the community such that we're able to accommodate as many parties as we have players for running simultaneously. 

DarkDaemon

Quote from: Jezabelle on December 23, 2017, 05:20:44 PM
I'm not unwilling to consider such propositions, but it would need to be very open so people wouldn't feel they'd been cheated--also with such a high danger game I don'thynk it'd be fair to put the items into the adventures, if I give items at all.  More likely gold or xp.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with how magic items are handled in 5e compared with earlier, but it's a lot harder to convert gold into magic items and vice-versa in this edition. Characters also tend to be less dependent on magic items, but it's generally expected that most items are going to be found in adventures.
I will have limited access 12/22 through 1/1.
I am myself.
Ons and Offs

Jezabelle

Quote from: DarkDaemon on December 30, 2017, 02:46:18 AM
I'm not sure if you're familiar with how magic items are handled in 5e compared with earlier, but it's a lot harder to convert gold into magic items and vice-versa in this edition. Characters also tend to be less dependent on magic items, but it's generally expected that most items are going to be found in adventures.

I do know that buying magical items is less simple than it had been, but vaguely recall some tables in the DMG for creating\purchasing enchanted items and the values thereof.  That being said, I am fine with Co-GM's rewards being entirely in gold or eXP with only an indirect potential to help them acquire magic gear.

Green Goo Theory

Just an FYI but Xanathar's guide to everyone has a lot of updates on magical gear, potions, etc.  I don't think most of it directly affects a lot of the characters currently in play, though.  Not that I want to step on anyone's toes nor do I want to ruin the feel of a game.  If it's intentionally low gear that's all cool. 
Coming soon...

Jezabelle

Quote from: Tonberryshuffle on December 30, 2017, 02:40:06 PM
Just an FYI but Xanathar's guide to everyone has a lot of updates on magical gear, potions, etc.  I don't think most of it directly affects a lot of the characters currently in play, though.  Not that I want to step on anyone's toes nor do I want to ruin the feel of a game.  If it's intentionally low gear that's all cool.

Mostly, I am secure in the knowledge that the game is balanced around no magic items, so I don't feel the need to make them hyperavailable.  There will be some but odds are you'll need to follow up a rumour or pay a prince's ransom