Under the Bright Lights of Vegas(Vampire parts need to be filled!)

Started by undisclosedtoyou, June 28, 2010, 01:51:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Under the Bright Lights of Vegas
[Bon-Exotic]

Have you ever wondered what it would be like to live in a world where Vampires1, Were-animals2, witches3, zombies4 and all those other mythical beings walk along side regular Human's?  What would you do if these beings where not only known to the world, but where legalized citizens?  These are the type of questions that this game will center around. 

Las Vegas is usually a well oiled machine, a place filled bursting at it's seams with sin and decadence.  But what many people don't see is that underneath the lights and glitz that is associated with this oasis that is known at Las Vegas, there's an underbelly of preternatural activity.  The city is firmly controlled by the Master Vampire, and so far it's ran smoothly, with only the occasional bumps and challenges that could be expected to plague such a city. 

But lately something has threatened the peace that has enveloped the city.  The number of newly turned is startling, threatening to overwhelm the cities population.  The fact that a majority of these newly turned are minors only adds to the problem, since it's a death sentence offense.  So with the threat of law enforcement intervening, something must be done.  But what?  And who can be behind such an act?

So, in case you haven't noticed yet, this game idea is loosely based on the Anita Blake series.  I'm staying away from the cannon characters and the city the books focus on, and the only thing from the books this game would be focusing on would be the preternatural6 aspect.

It'll be modern but AU at the same time.  The choice of who and what you are is yours, but choose wisely.  The Vampires are kept in check by the Master of Las Vegas.  The Tigers are the Masters Animal to call, and as such the were-tigers5 can be directly controlled by their Queen and the Master himself.  The other Were's in the city live in small groups, and mainly keep to themselves, but they too live under the rule of the Master.  There are also animators, vaudun priests and necromancers, that focus on raising zombies.  In this game there will be quiet a few positions that can be filled, all these positions will be listed for your perusal.  I plan on this game to be slow paced, so if you need a fast moving game, this probably wont be for you.  You do not need to have read the books to participate in this game.

What do we call all the different Were groups?

I got this information from the anita Wiki, so it might be incorrect.  If it is, please tell me so I can fix it.  Also from what I can find, most if not all groups have a special name per localized group.  In the books, the streak in vegas was called the white clan.

Were : Title/name of the actual were group

Tigers : Streak/The white clan
Lion : Pride
Leopard : Pard
Rat : Rodere
Hyena : Clan
Wolf : Pack

Arc's

First Arc: Current : The MOTC has to face down a crisis, when his cities threatened by one of his own.

Second Arc: Planned : The Ulfric has to do something in order to stop the mysterious deaths of his pack members.

Third Arc: Not planned through yet : The Vampire Council comes to town, what can this mean for Vegas' preternatural world?

Advertise

If you'd like to advertise this game, or just want to put a little something in your signature, than please feel free to copy the code below and paste it in your siggy.

[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=73565.0][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/c/c5/BrightLightsOfVegasIcon.gif[/img][/url]

1In the Anita Blake World, vampires are blood-drinking former humans who had been infected and turned at some point in their life. After their human death, they have risen to prey on the blood of the living.  For more information of Vampires and facts on what can and will harm them go here.

2Were-Animals or Lycanthropes are a type of preternatural creature in the LKH's Anita Blake (AB) universe. They are humans with the ability to change their shape to that of a particular animal.  For more in depth information on this group of shifters go here.

3Some information here.

4Zombies are the reanimated dead.  Info on them can be found here.

5Tigers are the Las Vegas Masters animal to call, and therefor the were-tiger Pack is directly controlled by the Queen and the Master himself.  Information on this group can be found here.

6The term preternatural refers to any beings or the skills possessed by these beings that are beyond the natural human scope, typically of a magical or divine origin. The term is often used interchangeably or in conjunction with the words: 'Supernatural' and 'Metaphysical'.

7 A Pomme de Sang can be a human, lycanthrope, Fey, or magical creature such as swanmane or necromancer.  They are the Masters main food source, and as such, being a Pomme de Sang is a position of great honor.  They can also be the main servant of the Weretiger.

8 The Usurper is the Vampire that is trying to usurp the Master of Las Vegas' position.  The Usurper is also the one behind the growing number of newly turned, and all the terrorist activity that is aimed directly at the Master.

9 The Lupa is the mate to the Werewolf's Ulfric.

10 The primary enforcer of a pack (wolf). The skoll and hati of the pack both enforce the will of the Ulfric and protect him.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Vostroya

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Vostroya on June 28, 2010, 01:56:11 AM
I'd be interested in the Vampire master.

I'm glad I got someone interested in this game so soon.  As for positions of power, like the Master of Las Vegas, the Ulfric, the Pomme de Sangs, body guards and such, it won't be on a first come basis.  So once we get enough interest I'll put up a character template, and the bio's can be PM'ed to me for approval. 

For anyone interested in these positions, I'm gonna be very picky. 
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Ciro

While I must admit I am typically opposed to vampire roleplays, I also used to read the Anita Blake series and found it enjoyable. And it would be cool to play an animator. If this thing gets going I would like one of the animator slots.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Vostroya on June 28, 2010, 02:05:35 AM
ok sounds reasonable

Lol yups, I've checked your post's and their pretty good, so as long as your character is chock full of awesome, you shouldn't have a problem getting that spot :)

Quote from: Ciro on June 28, 2010, 02:18:29 AM
While I must admit I am typically opposed to vampire roleplays, I also used to read the Anita Blake series and found it enjoyable. And it would be cool to play an animator. If this thing gets going I would like one of the animator slots.

I would love to have an animator in this game, because come on, who doesn't like zombies lol.  It's completely understandable why you would be leery of Vampire games, since it can be rather cliche.  But let me assure you that, although this arc is focusing on the vampire aspect of the Las Vegas, the next arc will probably shift towards another preternatural.  I just haven't thought that far ahead as of yet.

I'm also glad you've read the books, although it isn't a necessity to play.  I personally haven't, which is a major reason why I'm just using some of the aspects of the AB:VH universe, and staying away from major cannon, such as the characters and main location.

I'm also aware that Las Vegas is mentioned in the books, but by all means, that does not mean that the characters already mentioned from there should be used here.  In fact I prefer that they're not used.  I should also say that this is free form, so no system here.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

So, because I love this game, even before it's started yet, I've made a nifty little icon that can go into your banner.  So if you would like to add it to yours, and in essence advertise this game, please copy the code below, and paste it into your signature.

[url=https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=73565.0][img]https://elliquiy.com/elluiki/images/c/c5/BrightLightsOfVegasIcon.gif[/img][/url]

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Ciro

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on June 28, 2010, 09:18:24 AM
I'm also glad you've read the books, although it isn't a necessity to play.  I personally haven't, which is a major reason why I'm just using some of the aspects of the AB:VH universe, and staying away from major cannon, such as the characters and main location.

I'm also aware that Las Vegas is mentioned in the books, but by all means, that does not mean that the characters already mentioned from there should be used here.  In fact I prefer that they're not used.  I should also say that this is free form, so no system here.

Well, if there is anything else you want to take from the books let me know. I remember most of it and am not opposed to looking up details. I know it might be cool to eventually add triumvirates so long as there are limits placed on them, but not having them is understandable.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Ciro on June 28, 2010, 04:55:28 PM
Well, if there is anything else you want to take from the books let me know. I remember most of it and am not opposed to looking up details. I know it might be cool to eventually add triumvirates so long as there are limits placed on them, but not having them is understandable.

Actually I was thinking of having a triumirate.  At first I thought that it was something that had to be initiated by a Sourdre de Sang, or regular Vampire Master, but since Anita was able to create a second one, I'm assuming that as long as theirs a vamp/were/human, anyone can do it? 

If I where to allow it, than there would have to be massive restrictions.  Well not massive per say, but there would be a few.  I wouldn't allow more than three unless we have a huge influx of characters, since it'd be a bit ridiculous if there where a bunch of people running around with one. And..er actually that would be the only restriction, but hey it basically says it all.

I'm also thinking about opening up a few slots for RPIT officers, since the police will be involved in the game.  If I do it, those would be the only(potential) humans in the game.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Aiden

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

We're still looking for more slots to be filled.  If your interested please do let me know either here or in a PM :)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Ramael

I'd be quite interested in a Witch/Sorcerer, but I'm already playing a Magician in another RP.

Failing that, I'm interested in the Weretigers/Wolves. I'm getting the feeling that without an Ulfric, the other wolves would simply be NPCs, as the Tigers seem to be the lycans of focus?

It would be great to hear some more about the Tigers/Wolves in that respect. Also, their abilities, how individual they are and how they view Vampires...I imagine there's a bit of tension with the Wererats? Are they the weakest of the three lycan species?

Also, one last thing, are we talking modern Vegas, as it is today? I've been a couple of years ago, I remember quite a bit about the place...hard not to, really!

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Ramael on June 30, 2010, 09:55:20 AM
I'd be quite interested in a Witch/Sorcerer, but I'm already playing a Magician in another RP.

Yup, I can see why you wouldn't want to play a witch when your already playing one in another game.  But there's a lot of different slots you can take, so if you do decided against playing a witch, than your not lacking in choices.

QuoteFailing that, I'm interested in the Weretigers/Wolves. I'm getting the feeling that without an Ulfric, the other wolves would simply be NPCs, as the Tigers seem to be the lycans of focus?

By no means, if we don't get an Ulfric than he'd be an NPC, although I really hope we get that slot filled.  I think Aiden might be interested in it, but I'm not sure.  The Tigers are the main pack, yes.  But only because they're the Masters animal to call.  Which means that the vampire Master can directly order or compel the Tigers to do his will or bidding.  In effect they can be us as brute force if need be.  In the books it was the wolves that where the animal to call, so I'm changing it up a bit.

QuoteIt would be great to hear some more about the Tigers/Wolves in that respect. Also, their abilities, how individual they are and how they view Vampires...I imagine there's a bit of tension with the Wererats? Are they the weakest of the three lycan species?

I can give you some info on them sure, and I'll give you the link to the wiki about these specific preternatural.  The Tigers in this game will be the largest pack, and the other groups of were's are just small packs that keep mostly to themselves.  They have a number of abilities, but for the most part I'll just list some here.  They can shift at any time, although the full moon will force a shift.  So when there's a night of the full moon, they all gather in their particular groups and hunt together.  They do have accelerated speed, reflexes, and senses, that are vastly superior to what a regular human being would have. 

They are pack creatures, and the comfort of a pack is indeed critical at times.  They don't have any ingrained prejudices against the vampires, and vice versa.  They are actually all seen as monsters and freaks by the non preternatural humans, so when it comes to interaction their more likely to hang out with vamps than regular humans.  In fact, no one is ever really willing to allow regular humans to know what they are, because although being prejudice against them is against the law now, they can still find themselves being fired from their jobs or even singled out for persecution.  It's even mentioned that in some states, if their identity is well known they can be hunted down and killed.

For info on the rat's you can go here.  The Rat's are actually really interesting.  They are highly militaristic, and make excellent body guards.  Their human forms do not need to be small or meek like people would assume.  They have the power to smell death on a person,  so they can tell if someone almost died, or was brushed with death.  They are in all actuality very powerful, and in fact really cool. 

For info on wolves, you can go here.

For more information on Tigers, you can go here.

QuoteAlso, one last thing, are we talking modern Vegas, as it is today? I've been a couple of years ago, I remember quite a bit about the place...hard not to, really!

And yups, I'm talking modern Vegas, it's obviously AU, but as far as setting it's modern Vegas.  I hope I was able to answer all if not most of your questions.  If you have any more feel free to ask them here :)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Aiden

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Aiden on July 01, 2010, 12:12:45 AM
update on numbers?

Sure thing Aiden <3

so far the counts 1 woman 4 men.

We sooooo need more woman, so all you ladies out there, if your interested please do so!  E-Cookies to the first lady who signs up!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

kylie

I'm interested to see how this takes.

I may well be into it...  Having a tough time deciding just which I'd like to play most actually  ::)   

Maybe RPIT, weretiger, or vamp.  Female.  Haven't totally ruled out witch either, but I'd have to think about what kind more.

Fair warning/qualifier...  I don't care for some of the "super dominant character" player ego trips, rush to quote canon on every issue, and uber-moodiness I sense with quite a few "high-powered" games (not pointing any fingers here particularly).  So I don't usually play with vamps, myself.  But I really do love Hamilton's irony, mystery, sentiment, and digs at modern life.

Ramael

I don't even know the canon besides what I casually persuse on the wiki, so no worries about quote wars.

Undisclosed, thanks for answering my questions, rather well actually.

I'd be interested in Weretiger, then.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: kylie on July 01, 2010, 05:30:23 AM
I'm interested to see how this takes.

I may well be into it...  Having a tough time deciding just which I'd like to play most actually  ::)   

Maybe RPIT, weretiger, or vamp.  Female.  Haven't totally ruled out witch either, but I'd have to think about what kind more.

Understandable, Whatever spot you choose to fill, I'll be all for it.

QuoteFair warning/qualifier...  I don't care for some of the "super dominant character" player ego trips, rush to quote canon on every issue, and uber-moodiness I sense with quite a few "high-powered" games (not pointing any fingers here particularly).  So I don't usually play with vamps, myself.  But I really do love Hamilton's irony, mystery, sentiment, and digs at modern life.

Okay, you're awesome because I hate super moody 'omg I'm dead, woe is me' vamp, or any other kind of character for that matter.  It's annoying as all hell to put up with.  As for the 'super dominant' characters, well this game will have elements of dom/sub, and some character slot's do have a natural predilection to be a  "top player" but those are mainly the Vampire Master, and pack leaders.  I'll make sure that no one goes over the top with it though. Along with this, everyone who's played with me before, knows I don't put up with godmodding, or any of the other variants of this.  And as for cannon, I've said this before, but this game is not based on any of the characters, or even the same town, hell the books characters don't even exist in this game.  The only thing I'm taking from it is the politics, and premise that these preternatural beings exist legally next to regular humans.  That being said, if something is so far off that even I can see it(which is something, since I haven't read the books) I'll politely and most likely privately point it out.

Quote from: Ramael on July 01, 2010, 07:25:32 AM
I don't even know the canon besides what I casually persuse on the wiki, so no worries about quote wars.

Undisclosed, thanks for answering my questions, rather well actually.

I'd be interested in Weretiger, then.

And I'm glad I can answer your questions, I'm here to be helpful lol.

Awesome, I'll throw up a character thread soon, and post the link here so that people can get a heads start on their people :)
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

SuperHans

I'd be interested in playing the Queen's Pomme de Sang.
That's just, like, your opinion, man

O&O

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: SuperHans on July 01, 2010, 03:35:20 PM
I'd be interested in playing the Queen's Pomme de Sang.

Sweet, Hans, we would love to have you in this game :)

The character thread is up now, so everyone please go here to check it out.

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

kylie

Cool.  Curious:  Any decision about whether you want RPIT characters, or are you waiting for the other kinds to fill first?  Not that I can make up my mind or anything  ::)

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: kylie on July 01, 2010, 06:05:42 PM
         Cool.  Curious:  Any decision about whether you want RPIT characters, or are you waiting for the other kinds to fill first?  Not that I can make up my mind or anything  ::)

All the character slots that are open, are listed in the first post of this thread, and the character thread.  RPIT is on that list though, so yups it's up for grabs at any time.  The main positions that I would like to be filled before the start of the game would be, the Vampire Master, the pack leaders, and the Usurper; which shouldn't be a problem since it looks like those positions are going to go fast.  But don't let that stop you from grabbing another character slot.  If it comes to it, I'll just shrink down the scope of the game to center on a smaller group of individuals, which doesn't bother me in the slightest.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

So I thought I'd put up my character profile first. If anyone has any questions about the template, please feel free to ask here. 
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Sweet!  We got another character profile up and being worked on!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's