A Tale of Might and Magic {Pathfinder} Closed

Started by Black Howling, May 31, 2011, 07:40:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ixy

I really appreciate the sentiment, but I am not a unique and beautiful snowflake.  If a GM is willing to give this a shot, then he or she gets complete control.  I'll apply like everybody else... all you need to do is design this how you'd like it to be, Black Howling.  If you can stick with it, then you'll find players who will do the same.  Some people will probably drop if they find that it's not 'their thing', and you can always replace them via gruesome death, simple departure, deity-intervention, etc.  I'll be glad to help with world-building, story ideas, etc.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Ixy on June 01, 2011, 12:15:33 AM
I really appreciate the sentiment, but I am not a unique and beautiful snowflake.  If a GM is willing to give this a shot, then he or she gets complete control.  I'll apply like everybody else... all you need to do is design this how you'd like it to be, Black Howling.  If you can stick with it, then you'll find players who will do the same.  Some people will probably drop if they find that it's not 'their thing', and you can always replace them via gruesome death, simple departure, deity-intervention, etc.  I'll be glad to help with world-building, story ideas, etc.

I adore you already.

But I do agree with howling you should be given a spot as it was your hope for a game. He's a chivalrous one that one. He doesn't go easy on anyone though ;)
LaLu's updated A/A's Updated
LaLu's Delicious treats!
LaLu's O.O's/Current Interests Updated 3-11-23
I am currently NOT open for a few new RP's

Black Howling

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on May 31, 2011, 11:21:47 PM
I think that the best way to do this is for you and Ixy to have a heart to heart regarding who you want to join.

And then include that person for the selection of the next person, and then all three four the fourth, and then all four for the fifth.  That way, the group is built organically, instead of hodge-podge.  Everyone can develop good concepts, but that doesn't really work when building a team.

I also recommend that you divide the party up:  one tank, one trapfinder, one arcane, one divine and then one misc.  Ixy would get first choice, and the second person would get second choice, and so on and so on.

Lastly, I would then have the group of five itemize together.  That way all skills and all equipment is accounted for.
I have a method I'm going to use to make sure we get a good team. But by this I also mean more then statistically speaking. I'm about sick and tired of every game consisting of groups that can barely get along, and have me wondering how they got together in the first place. Not that some butting heads doesn't make for good roleplay, but that I know from personal experience that TOO MUCH of it will eventually kill fun and turn to PvP. I don't do PvP, because players always die and the group always get shaken. And don't take that as pointed, just letting everyone know what I am looking at.
Quote from: Ixy on June 01, 2011, 12:15:33 AM
The sentiment is one more out of respect for the fact that their wouldn't be a game without you. I never said you would be guaranteed a spot, just that you were in if you could come up with the goods. IE I'm gonna make sure you can at-least apply before it gets all filled up. It also doesn't hurt that I've been looking forward to gaming with you after reading some of your other posts. I would definitely like you to be a part of this.

Now to the group as a whole. As I said before, I'm going to edit the first post to include my information for how the party will be selected, what the pinned down rules for character creation will be, and what my setting is like. I also want to inform everyone that if they hadn't already gotten it from some of my former posts, that your prospective GM here is a serious caffeine addict. I can't do shit without griping at people until I've had a cup of coffee, which I just barely got one made. I'll need a few sips before this gets written down, so please hold your horses.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Black Howling on June 01, 2011, 12:29:24 AM
I have a method I'm going to use to make sure we get a good team. But by this I also mean more then statistically speaking. I'm about sick and tired of every game consisting of groups that can barely get along, and have me wondering how they got together in the first place. Not that some butting heads doesn't make for good roleplay, but that I know from personal experience that TOO MUCH of it will eventually kill fun and turn to PvP. I don't do PvP, because players always die and the group always get shaken. And don't take that as pointed, just letting everyone know what I am looking at.The sentiment is one more out of respect for the fact that their wouldn't be a game without you. I never said you would be guaranteed a spot, just that you were in if you could come up with the goods. IE I'm gonna make sure you can at-least apply before it gets all filled up. It also doesn't hurt that I've been looking forward to gaming with you after reading some of your other posts. I would definitely like you to be a part of this.

Now to the group as a whole. As I said before, I'm going to edit the first post to include my information for how the party will be selected, what the pinned down rules for character creation will be, and what my setting is like. I also want to inform everyone that if they hadn't already gotten it from some of my former posts, that your prospective GM here is a serious caffeine addict. I can't do shit without griping at people until I've had a cup of coffee, which I just barely got one made. I'll need a few sips before this gets written down, so please hold your horses.

Translated into Luna speak:

OMNOMNOMNOMNOM ;)

Just playing Howling ^_^
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Black Howling

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on June 01, 2011, 12:33:11 AM
Translated into Luna speak:

OMNOMNOMNOMNOM ;)

Just playing Howling ^_^

You are so contrary sometimes.

Lady Lunarius

LaLu's Delicious treats!

PhantomPistoleer

Quote from: Black Howling on June 01, 2011, 12:29:24 AM
I have a method I'm going to use to make sure we get a good team. But by this I also mean more then statistically speaking. I'm about sick and tired of every game consisting of groups that can barely get along, and have me wondering how they got together in the first place. Not that some butting heads doesn't make for good roleplay, but that I know from personal experience that TOO MUCH of it will eventually kill fun and turn to PvP. I don't do PvP, because players always die and the group always get shaken. And don't take that as pointed, just letting everyone know what I am looking at.The sentiment is one more out of respect for the fact that their wouldn't be a game without you. I never said you would be guaranteed a spot, just that you were in if you could come up with the goods. IE I'm gonna make sure you can at-least apply before it gets all filled up. It also doesn't hurt that I've been looking forward to gaming with you after reading some of your other posts. I would definitely like you to be a part of this.

All right, but please don't let Lebanon's tirades discourage you from choosing me.  I usually don't play the angry, judgmental, "I hate other characters" character.  :/
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Black Howling

Quote from: PhantomPistoleer on June 01, 2011, 12:47:59 AM
All right, but please don't let Lebanon's tirades discourage you from choosing me.  I usually don't play the angry, judgmental, "I hate other characters" character.  :/
That's why I specifically put that the comment wasn't pointed. I've looked over your other games. ;)

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Black Howling on June 01, 2011, 12:49:55 AM
That's why I specifically put that the comment wasn't pointed. I've looked over your other games. ;)

Hmph..just brush me off then :P

Oh did I mention he's a Militan GM/Stalker?
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Callie Del Noire

Tries to look innocent.. really. <tucks away demonic tail and combs over horns>

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 01, 2011, 12:51:45 AM
Tries to look innocent.. really. <tucks away demonic tail and combs over horns>

Callie darling you're not fooling us ;) he's already stalked you I'm sure.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on June 01, 2011, 12:53:49 AM
Callie darling you're not fooling us ;) he's already stalked you I'm sure.

Hey now.. no stalkie the squid! (okay.. ex-squid). There are soo many good players I'm sure it has to be hard.

Lady Lunarius

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on June 01, 2011, 12:59:34 AM
Hey now.. no stalkie the squid! (okay.. ex-squid). There are soo many good players I'm sure it has to be hard.

That's what "Eeny meeney miney moe" was made for.
LaLu's Delicious treats!

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Lady Lunarius on June 01, 2011, 01:01:03 AM
That's what "Eeny meeney miney moe" was made for.

Yeah.. but i was looking forward to having fun with Nevin. :D Played around with him for a while on hero lab. Epic lvl 20 Nevin is scary.  Fighter 3/Alch7/Master Chymist 10. Mutagen goodness.

Zaer Darkwail

I raise hand up being interested as well. I even roll five different characthers to see does any get in for each role; Tank, Healer, Arcanist, Skill Monkey and the wild card (which is basically blend of one or two roles or jack of all trades type).

So far class wise;
Tank = Male Half-Orc Barbarian (Invulrenable Rager variant), lots HP and nameless DR besides armor. Decent in combat also.
Divine = Female human Oracle of Iomedae
Arcanist = Male gnome wizard (Arcanamirium Crafter variant, aiming for Effigy Master PrC from Complete Arcana, 3.5 edition PrC by GM permission)
Skill monkey = Male elf Ranger (archer) (shapeshifter variant)
Wild Card = Male dwarf Warlord (party melee support and buffer, and GM request take -2 Dex instead -2 Cha racial penalty)

Callie Del Noire

Well those idea trump my rogue or Nevin in coolness

Black Howling

Everyone check out the edited first post and start your work up.

Zaer Darkwail

Awww, no old 3.5 material? It ruins my crazy construct crafting/loving gnome wizard concept :(. As effigy master specializes to craft effigy creatures (clockwork constructs which are lot weaker than golems).

Black Howling

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on June 01, 2011, 06:04:38 AM
Awww, no old 3.5 material? It ruins my crazy construct crafting/loving gnome wizard concept :(. As effigy master specializes to craft effigy creatures (clockwork constructs which are lot weaker than golems).
Yes, but I'm trying to limit the material there is choose from so that we don't have so many 'all over the place' concepts. I understand it can feel restricting, but I feel it's needed. I don't want everyone scrambling in a competitive manner, and scouring all sorts of source books that I'll have to look up.

Also: I know there are a lot of you whom have expressed interest that I have not addressed. Sorry, I'm not ignoring you. I'm somewhat busy at the moment, and trying to doctor the thread and take care of questions so that it all runs smoothly.

Phantasmatical

No need to feel rushed answering this question; just wanted to ask before I forget:

Am I correct in that this is a world in which Golarion does not exist? Wouldn't want to make a character who has sailed from Cheliax or something only to find out that - whoops - totally different world altogether. xD

Not that I've done things like that before. That would just be silly. ::)

Black Howling

Quote from: Phantasmatical on June 01, 2011, 06:35:19 AM
No need to feel rushed answering this question; just wanted to ask before I forget:

Am I correct in that this is a world in which Golarion does not exist? Wouldn't want to make a character who has sailed from Cheliax or something only to find out that - whoops - totally different world altogether. xD

Not that I've done things like that before. That would just be silly. ::)
It is not set in Golarion, you are correct. This is a home brewed setting that uses Pathfinder deities out of simplicities sake, and the basic idea of the planes.

Zaer Darkwail

Hmmm, ok. So no gnome, perhaps half-elf wizard evoker wizard then (a walking arcane cannon).

Aether

I can prolly swing a skill monkey who also does good ranged sneak attack damage in a hafling.  Basic rogue, no specialization.  Looking at maxed 10 skills.

How does the favored class work exactly with max ranks?  Do you add the extra three points individually or across the board?

Zaer Darkwail

The favored class extra skill points are spread around. They are not added atop the max rank but you can put extra ranks to skills where is no ranks or have less ranks than your HD/Level. I recommend check racial special additions to the class before using the extra skill point or HP options. Half-orcs example can extra round of rage as barbarian instead extra skill points.

Black Howling

Quote from: Aether on June 01, 2011, 07:27:45 AM
I can prolly swing a skill monkey who also does good ranged sneak attack damage in a hafling.  Basic rogue, no specialization.  Looking at maxed 10 skills.

How does the favored class work exactly with max ranks?  Do you add the extra three points individually or across the board?
Favored class does not effect max ranks. And you can divide the skills you get from it among any of the skills, so long as it does not exceed max ranks. You can also mix and match depending on the level if you'd like, changing from hit points to skills. I urge against that method though, as it can get confusing.

As a side note for what Zaer said, I mentioned APG content would be let in depending on concept. I don't see favored class being effected by that much, so alternate favored class benefits and traits will not be allowed. Now, alternate racial features might be based on concept...