Must see Movies of 2012

Started by Callie Del Noire, March 01, 2012, 09:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Chris Brady on April 15, 2012, 12:01:37 PM
That's assuming that they were cool to begin with.  Which I'm having a hard time seeing a human shaped, parasitic mosquito as...

I just am tired of them being 'glittery' douche bags.

Chris Brady

So you'd settle for them being back to good old douchebags, then? ;D
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Jag

Quote from: Chris Brady on April 15, 2012, 02:37:32 PM
So you'd settle for them being back to good old douchebags, then? ;D

Why yes, yes I do. *nods*

^_^
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

Chris Brady

Fair enough.  Can't stand them myself.  Much prefer werewolves to the overly emo-ified Vampires they've been since the mid-70s.  The 1870s.
My O&Os Peruse at your doom.

So I make a A&A thread but do I put it here?  No.  Of course not.

Also, I now come with Kung-Fu Blog action.  Here:  Where I talk about comics and all sorts of gaming

Rinzler

Quote from: Chris Brady on April 15, 2012, 02:49:43 PM
Fair enough.  Can't stand them myself.  Much prefer werewolves to the overly emo-ified Vampires they've been since the mid-70s.  The 1870s.

I think it says much that the creepiest, most unsettling vampire to ever grace the screen still remains - IMO - Orlok from Nosferatu (which is 90 years old now!)

Jag

Count Orlok is, in my opinion, the best vampire to grace the screens. Lestat is a whiny bitch, Angel is king of the dust bunny vampires, and Edward is...uh...a disco ball. Though I do love Lestat and Angel. Edward, however, is still a disco ball.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Michi No Sora on April 15, 2012, 02:54:30 PM
Count Orlok is, in my opinion, the best vampire to grace the screens. Lestat is a whiny bitch, Angel is king of the dust bunny vampires, and Edward is...uh...a disco ball. Though I do love Lestat and Angel. Edward, however, is still a disco ball.

Best scene with Edward in it was the comic where Blade dusts him.
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/838/pg3zg.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/692/pg4a.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/573/pg5.jpg/

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Michi No Sora on April 15, 2012, 02:54:30 PM

Did you forget Dracula, or just leave him out because you'd have to pick one of his nine thousand appearances by different actors?

Jag

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 15, 2012, 03:19:45 PM
...or just leave him out because you'd have to pick one of his nine thousand appearances by different actors?

Mostly that. It's hard to pin down something like that when so many people have played him and there have been so many variations to the story.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Michi No Sora on April 15, 2012, 03:24:55 PM
Mostly that. It's hard to pin down something like that when so many people have played him and there have been so many variations to the story.

At least add Bela Lugosi's Dracula in there somewhere. If you gotta pick one, go with the original, and possibly barring Christopher Lee's Hammer Dracula, the best.

Oniya

I'm waiting for this one to come out.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

What - they did Battleship already!
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Rinzler

Quote from: Oniya on April 24, 2012, 07:25:30 PM
I'm waiting for this one to come out.
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

What - they did Battleship already!

That has just given me a major LOL situation!  XD

Malthas

Since I'm a fan of all things Alien(s) I'm very much looking forward to Prometheus, very hyped for that.   If the movie is anything but exceptional I will be gravely disappointed.

Other than it's all about Dark Knight Rises.
Make them quiver.  Make them beg.   Make them belong.

Rinzler

New extended Prometheus trailer - damn, this is looking nightmarish, but in a good way!

Prometheus Extended International Trailer (2012) - Ridley Scott Alien Movie

Torch

Prometheus better be rated "R" or else I'm letting lose a face-hugger onto Ridley Scott.  >:(
"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Rinzler

Looking at that trailer, I can't see how it could be anything but an R. Unless Sir Rid's hauled in some lawyers to supply a very creative take on what constitutes a PG-13...

Torch

Quote from: DeMalachine on April 30, 2012, 02:59:31 PM
Looking at that trailer, I can't see how it could be anything but an R. Unless Sir Rid's hauled in some lawyers to supply a very creative take on what constitutes a PG-13...

Yes, but you know there's some anal-retentive accountant over at 20th Century Fox Studios arguing against an "R" rating because it won't make as much money as a film rated "PG-13".

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle, when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."  Sir Roger Bannister

Erotic is using a feather. Kinky is using the whole chicken.

On's and Off's

Callie Del Noire

It's got my man Ibris Elba in it.. i'm going. I like him in Luther.. I liked him in every movie I see.. so.. yeah.. I'm going

Rhapsody

I was not a fan of GI Joe as a kid, but I am definitely looking forward to GI Joe Retaliation. It just looks awesome. Bruce Willis + Dwayne Johnson = OMGYES

G.I. Joe: Retaliation Exclusive Theatrical Trailer #2 [HD]
|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Rinzler

Callie Del Noire

TentacleFan

Ok so I might be a little late to the game on this one but I just recently watched The Raid : Redemption and that was one of the best action films I have seen in years. If you like action or martial arts flicks and you haven't seen it you definitely owe it to yourself to check this movie out. It features heavy use of the Indonesian martial art of Silat.
I'm going to take my time. I have all the time in the world. To make you mine. It is written in the stars above.

Something's wrong when you regret, things that haven't happened yet. - The Submarines - 1940

See my O's/O's / Open Roleplays Requests / List of Current RPs / A&A's / Image Thread
Puerto de Oro: World of Interracial Fantasy
A&A's Updated : 02/10/2014

HairyHeretic

I found this tonight, and it looks rather entertaining to me  :D

The Man With The Iron Fists - Trailer (HD)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

TheGlyphstone

I couldn't understand any of the narration in the first half or so, but that does look like a delightfully cheesy fighting movie.

"They put the FU in Kung FU". Classic. :)

Oniya

"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17