Modern day organized crime

Started by undisclosedtoyou, May 29, 2010, 06:27:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

undisclosedtoyou

Modern day organized crime

America was supposed to be the promised land, a place where a poor immigrant from a shite city in Europe can come and earn enough to support their families and extra curricular activities.  But most of all, America was supposed to be an opportunity at creating a new and better life.  Unfortunately reality never really matched up with the dream, and like all dreams this one fell apart.

So there you are, standing on the shores of your new home, and what do you find?  Streets paved in blood, and not an honest buck to be made.  What's a man or woman supposed to do in this circumstance?  Well turn to organized crime of course!

The only problem is that you have no experience with the unsavory side of life.  You've never held a gun, extorted thousands, if not millions of dollars from someone who uses cash to wipe their asses clean, or even stolen a twenty from your dear mums purse.  So what the hell is a person to do?!  And if your coming up blank right now it's understandable, so I'll tell you what to do, cause I'm a nice enough sort.  So listen closely because I'm only going to tell you once. 

First off, your going to find others of a like minded disposition, hopefully some of these upstanding individuals will have more experience than you, so that this venture isn't a complete disaster.  Once you find them, your going to talk them into joining you, and remember criminals don't just give in the first time someone says no, so keep on trying until you've gathered yourself a good number of companions.

Secondly, your going to find yourself someone who will be willing to lead up this rag tag group of individuals, anyone that will take you is good enough.  Wait...that's a lie, your going to want someone who has more experience than you, and who has something of a reputation.  Remember, your nothing but a gang of criminals without someone to head you up, so do anything you can to catch a boss who would be willing to take you lot on.

Thirdly, well thirdly try your best to not get yourself killed, and remember, an un-useful associate is a dead one.  Once you've done all this, your on your way to forming your own family in the organization that is the mob!

Disclaimer: This guide in no way guarantees that you will 1)Become a real member of the mob.  2)Be successful in any way. 3)Stay alive.

The Links!

The OOC Thread!
Valhalla! : Our IC base of operations in L.A!

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

The Expectations!

I've really really really been wanting to do a mob game for a long time now, and so I decided to throw this idea out there.  The premise for this game is that a rag tag group of immigrants join together to become a family in the mob.  These people have little to no experience with organized crime, and in fact are still alive more to luck than any real skill.  Don't get me wrong, they can be skilled, but they are also so very dysfunctional that hardly anyone wants them.  And so you can call them a group of rejects and newbs. 

The main struggle this group will have, will be getting jobs, and succeeding at finishing them.   They will have to somehow earn themselves a reputation, other than being losers, and keeping it.  I expect for there to be a lot of comedy, as well as graphic displays of murder and crime.  Sex and drugs would be neat to throw in, and of course a healthy competition to be better than they really are.

The Setting:
Modern setting, New school Mafia, with bases in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Rosarito, Mexico.

The Handle!

Okay, so I can be a bit fickle when it comes to games that I need to super manage, so I'm not going to super manage this one.  Every single player will have a say in how this story forms.  If there are questions, than we can all work together to answer them, because I sure as hell don't know it all.  I guess what I'm trying to say is that this isn't going to be my game, it's going to be everyone's, and as such don't immediately come to me to push the story forward, or to even keep it going. 

That being said, if you have a huge plot idea you want to implement, don't go all half cocked and just insert it into the game, ask everyone what they think about it, and only if everyone likes it can it be implemented.  And don't be afraid to say you hate an idea people, if you don't like it, say it; in a nice way of course.

This will be a literate game, so I know this sounds harsh, but if you can't post at least three good sized, and well put together paragraphs than this might not be the game for you.  I do not expect this game to go at any kind of fast pace, so if you need a game that has a fast posting rate than this might not be the game for you.  There will only be a few non mob characters allowed(strippers, wives, girl friends, and family), so once I deem that there are enough, than there won't be any more accepted.  Characters will neither be too powerful, nor too successful; so if you need a game where you can play characters that are both of these things, than this is probably not the game for you.

This will be completely free form, unless someone wants to come up with a very simple system that doesn't require too much upkeep.  So if you require a game with multiple pages of character sheets, than this is probably not the game for you.  That last bit was meant as more of a joke.

The Characters!

The Boss : Aiden : Sean Manus
Enforcer/Hitman : Shihong : Pavel Dorogaia
Head of acquisitions : undisclosedtoyou : Sadi "Bambi" Holt
Head Of Weaponry : Dark Clown : Yuri Petrov
Head of Security :        :
Main Security Team :        :
Accountant :        : Georgie Haynes
Head of Intelligence :          :
Mafia Doll : HotCurryPie : Elena Petrova

Family of Family
Niece to Georgie Haynes(Accountant) : FeBurns : Samantha June Haynes

Club Employees
Waitress/Waiters :          :
Strippers :           :
Bartender's :           :
Manager :             :

Outside the Family
PR/Events Planner : HotCurryPie : Daria Falconi

A short and simple character app, nothing to be scared of ;)

Name Here
Character Image here.
No anime or drawn pics
Orientation:
Talents:
Defects/failures/weaknesses: We want a lot of these for colorful characters.
Specialty/Position in the family:
Weapon of choice:
Physical Description: Only fill this out if you also want to add a written description.
Personality:
Outside Perspective: How do others preconceive your character?
History:

[center][font=georgia][size=14pt][color=#006666][b]FIRST, middle, LAST[/b][/color][/size][/font]
[img]Character Image here.[/img]
[/center]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Orientation:[/b]
[b]Talents:[/b]
[b]Defects/failures/weaknesses:[/b]
[b]Specialty/Position in the family:[/b]
[b]Weapon of choice:[/b]
[b]Physical Description:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Outside Perspective:[/b]
[b]History:[/b]

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Aiden

I'll be joining this game as the leader of this motley crew.

Machete

This sounds interesting.  Will there be a single mob or can there be rival mobs?

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Aiden on May 30, 2010, 01:14:10 PM
I'll be joining this game as the leader of this motley crew.

Ha!  Like I would have anyone else in mind for Mob Boss!

Quote from: firescorpion121 on May 30, 2010, 01:22:02 PM
This sounds interesting.  Will there be a single mob or can there be rival mobs?

Well right now, it's just one family in the mob, so it's not too scattered.  But if we get enough interest, there can be more than one, just not right now.
[edited]
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Machete

undisclosedtoyou

Fire, I will say this though.  The idea of a rival family is cool, and will def get implemented in the future.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

FeBurns

Samantha June Haynes

Orientation:  Straight, bi curious
Character specialty/place in the family:  Niece to one of The Mob's accountants, Georgie Haynes (NPC)
Character preconception:  She comes across as cool and detached when in reality she's just shy.
Talents:  Accounting, math, numbers
Defects/failures/weaknesses:  Still trying to learn English
Weapon of choice:  pepper spray
Physical Description:  5’7”, model figure, brown eyes, brown hair
Personality:  Samantha is friendly but reserved, masks her beauty with conservative clothing, glasses, hair buns and ponytails.  She just wants to earn money so she can travel the world freely.
History:  After the death of her parents, only-child Samantha bravely comes to American searching for work and the American dream.  (More to come.)

undisclosedtoyou

FeBurns:

Awesome character! I forgot to put in Character specialty/place in the family.  So I'm going to go edit the character template, and just add that part when you can.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

FeBurns

Okay, I added one, does this look okay?:

Character specialty/place in the family:  Niece to one of The Mob's accountants, Georgie Haynes (NPC)

Crovonovin

Sent you a PM undisclosed!  I do hope it's alright.  I didn't see the exact time period of the game, but assumed that it was modern.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: FeBurns on May 30, 2010, 06:24:56 PM
Okay, I added one, does this look okay?:

That works perfectly.  I would actually advertise for someone to take the position of her uncle, if only because I like the image of an awkward nerd crunching numbers, and who speaks with a stutter.

But than again, we can still have him that way with him being a NPC, so excuse my ramblings lol.

Quote from: Shihong on May 30, 2010, 06:25:58 PM
Sent you a PM undisclosed!  I do hope it's alright.  I didn't see the exact time period of the game, but assumed that it was modern.

I got it, and replied Shi, as I stated in my reply, I loved your man!  Oh!  And I had written that it was a modern setting, but must have taken it out when editing that page.  I'll go fix it.  For an answer, yups it's modern.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

FeBurns

That'd be great if anyone wants to take up the role of Samantha's uncle.

undisclosedtoyou

I hope someone does, because that would be really interesting.  And nowww it's my time to create my character sheet, it should be up soon.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Crovonovin

NOTE:  I've had this character in the works for awhile.  Don't be intimidated and think undisclosed is looking for this much out of everyone!  The last thing I want to do is scare people off.   ;D

Name: Pavel Dorogaia
Nickname: Rромадный (Mammoth)

Hair/Eye Color: Dark Brown / Ice Blue
Height: 6'11"
Weight: 288lbs
Orientation: Heterosexual
Appearance:

The Russian "Mammoth" certainly lives up to his namesake, standing at nearly seven feet and sporting enough meat and muscle on his bones to put most men to shame.  Though his face is mostly untouched, barring a few minor scars, the rest of his body is a tapestry of old wounds.  The man's thick hide has clearly saved him on more than one occasion, though it's certainly come out the worse for wear because of it.  What must be hundreds of similar shallow knife wounds adorn nearly every inch of his chest, back, and abdomen.  Beneath them lie the occasional burn scar or telltale signs of shrapnel from far older days.

Talents: Sniping; Reconnaissance; Close-Quarters-Combat
Defects/Failures/Weaknesses:
In addition to having to come to terms with life in a foreign country, Pavel has never quite been able to get past the horrors endured during the Chechen Wars.  He has an extremely difficult time relating to other people due to the trauma eating away at him, and his time as a sniper taught him to distance himself from 'potential targets'.  Unfortunately for Pavel, everyone is considered a potential target.  He can, and has, gone entire days without saying so much as a word.  A conversationalist, Pavel is not.  Because of this, many people mistake him for being slow or otherwise unintelligent.

He does not like those people.

He is also fiercely protective of women and children, perhaps in an attempt to atone for the atrocities he committed back in his homeland.  He will shield them with his body without the slightest bit of hesitation, and threatening them while he is within earshot is considered extremely unwise.  Pavel is extremely sensitive when it comes to the murder of innocents; it is one of the few things that can send the normally stolid man completely off the handle.  Unless someone calms him down almost immediately it is highly likely that he will become violent.

Specialty/Position in the family: Pavel acts both as an Enforcer and a Hitman for the Family, guarding the high ranking members or covertly taking out rivals on their behalf.

Outside Perspective: As previously mentioned, most people consider Pavel to be nothing more than hired muscle.  His outwardly brutish disposition and habit of speaking in fragmentary sentences leads others to take him for a simpleton.  He does not speak of the Chechen War to anyone, though his skill with a rifle and blade has led some to become suspicious of his past.

Weapon of Choice:
Close-Range: Ballistic Knife
Long-Range: MSG90SDN Sniper Rifle

Personality:

Pavel is the very definition of the "strong silent type", wasting very few words and preferring to let his face or his actions do the talking for him.  He isn't shy by any means, but has encountered far too many people in the past that could talk for hours and say absolutely nothing of consequence.  As a sniper he is used to the silence, though he never lets his guard down for an instant.  He knows full well that he makes for a conveniently large target, and has adopted a subtle manner of walking and maneuvering about spaces that makes it difficult for potential shooters to get a clear shot. 

His former line of work required him to be entirely detached, lest he lose his resolve in the middle of lining up a shot.  But Pavel is not a cold man, and he has devoted to memory the faces of every single man, woman, or child that has wound up on the other end of his scope.  He remembers every shot flawlessly, down to the physical sensation of the kill, suggesting that he has an acute photographic memory.  Speaking of the past seems to wear down upon him heavily, his voice exhausted and bitter.  The present suits him more, and he prefers to focus on the moment rather than lose himself to the past.

For all the lives he has taken, at his heart he is a compassionate and moral human being.  He does what he has to in order to survive, even if that means killing others, but he does not enjoy it in the slightest.  Pavel does not torture or harm others indiscriminately unless absolutely necessary.

Bio:

Born to hardy Russian stock in 1976, Pavel's mother could not possibly have guessed the irony of his name (meaning Small).  His family was not well off, his father a factory worker with a violent cough and his mother far too sickly to perform any physically taxing work.  The boy grew surprisingly quickly, but for all his hardiness he remained lost in his own little world; even when he joined his father's side he had an unfortunate habit of losing focus and making mistakes.  His younger years were largely a blur, and though the world was in an age of tension and paranoia he did not concern himself with current events. 

Only one person seemed capable of needling their way in through the iron bubble that Pavel had erected around himself, a young woman named Tania.  She was remarkably stubborn, even bull-headed at times, and from the moment they met she refused to let him continue his solitary, introverted lifestyle.  The girl often ambushed him immediately after a long day of work, dragging the exhausted lad through sun or snow to a hill where they could watch the sky and talk or stay silent as they pleased.  As Pavel grew taller and more ungainly he became all the more dependent on his friend for company, who never seemed to notice his abnormal height and, on more than one occasion, pelted rocks at the other boys that treated him as some sort of freak.

As adolescence set in, it became increasingly apparent that he was far from a freak.  He had matured quickly into a handsome and sturdy young teenager while the other boys had become pockmarked or fat, and more than a few girls began to pay him a great deal of attention at school.  He seemed absolutely blind to them, as beautiful as some of them were.  Tania had blossomed into a fine young lady herself, and it became increasingly difficult to hide his newfound affections for her.  She had become all the more blunt over the years, strong and proud and with a wide grin that she used on the other girls whenever they came near to scare them off.  Most men would look at such a girl, dressing like a man and acting as one as well, and dismiss her immediately.  But Pavel was not most men.

The collapse of the Soviet Union in 1991 brought with it a host of ethnic, religious, and political conflicts that would soon tear many of the newly formed nations apart at the seams.  This event coincided with the death of Pavel's mother, who after nearly two decades of failing health finally succumbed to her illness.  This tragedy consumed the boy with grief, though it had eaten away at him over the years to watch her wither away.  All his muscle and strength seemed meaningless, for it had been unable to save her life. 

But the world wouldn't wait for the death of a single old woman, and suddenly he was forced to confront the fact that he had become a stranger in his own homeland.  Hostilities began to mount between Russia and Chechnya, Pavel's birthplace, finally reaching their peak in 1993 when the country declared its independence from Moscow and became the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria.  Non-Chechen's began to leave in droves as reports of violent discrimination became increasingly common, but Pavel's father was adamant in remaining exactly where he was.  He refused to leave the place where his wife was buried and to abandon the factory at which he and his family had worked for generations.  Unfortunately, it would soon become apparent that he would no longer have a choice in the matter.  Less than a month after the declaration, Pavel's father was attacked killed on his way home from work.  Among the murderers were the neighbors that his family had lived beside for decades.  Distraught and maddened by the news, the man broke his way into their home that very night and viciously beat its occupants to death in a blind rage before gathering what he could from his family's coffers and fleeing.

Before leaving the country he met with Tania one last time, beneath familiar stars.  He begged for her to come with him, only to have his heart sink into his stomach as he realized the futility of the gesture; she was a native Chechen herself, and traveling to Russia would only place her in greater danger.  Their words became heated, and though the man was not prejudiced by any means, the loss of his father brought him to utter foul and hateful things.  He struck her, and such was the look of pain betrayal in her eyes that he ran from the hilltop and never looked back.

Determined to put his body to good use and tired of feeling useless and disconnected from the world at large, Pavel enlisted in the military despite knowing full well that he would likely be sent to fight against his former country.  His first-hand knowledge of the geography made him a valuable commodity, as did his obvious physical prowess.  His determination was unmatched, and he excelled spectacularly.  It was as though he had been sleeping all his life until that very moment, forced to awaken under the weight of tragedy and an intense desire to do something important with his own two hands. 

When the war exploded things did not go according to plan.  The Chechen air force was decimated, but the initial land-based assault quickly became a disaster.  Hundreds of soldiers resigned or refused to take part in the invasion, and those that remained were completely unprepared and ignorant of why they were being sent in the first place.  Pavel's ability to navigate the terrain was apparently a rare skill, and the forward ranks were rife with disorganization, self-sabotage, and dereliction of duty. 

Grozny became a bloodbath, with over 50,000 men, women, and children slaughtered within the first few weeks.  All of this Pavel saw first-hand, shaking him to his core and further disillusioning him.  This war was completely unlike anything he or anyone else could have possibly predicted, an out and out butchery that would permanently stain the hands of all who participated.  The fall of Grozny was only the beginning, as Russian forces spread out over the lowlands and mountains, ruthlessly capturing territory and massacring civilians without pause.  Though most of the Republic was taken with little effort, the ensuing Guerilla campaign would show Palev the true depravity of war.

Desperation.  This is what he witnessed during the months in the faces of the Chechen Separatists.  Improvised explosives, booby traps; every weapon that human ingenuity could invent and bring to bear with limited resources found its way into their hands.  Anything to win.  Anything to survive.  Anything for independence.  He still remembers the first time his finger hesitated on the trigger.  The forced expression of determination on the face of a child no older than eleven as he trained an assault rifle on Russian soldiers, the primal fear welling up in the boy's eyes.  Hesitation...the report of his rifle...then nothing.  For the remainder of the war he can only recall one other time that he felt such hesitation.  Just one time.  But of that, he tells no one.

He does not dwell on that war, though it defined the soldier and the man that he would become.  Twenty-one years old by the end, it somehow felt as though it had lasted far longer than the 19 years of life he had lived before it.  But he would not allow the experience to break him.  He would not wither and die as his mother had.  If he went to his grave it would be on his feet, standing tall before his enemies and piercing them with an unwavering gaze.  Such was his resolve to continue his training.  He had nothing left, and so devoted himself to the country that gave him some measure of self-worth, though he harbored a simmering disgust for Russia's handling of the conflict. 

But fate would not allow him to escape the past, and in 1999 the second Chechen War erupted.  To him it was merely a continuation, the brief peace nothing more than a shallow breath before diving once more into the putrid mire of bloodshed.  Destruction, civilian casualties, guerilla attacks, terrorism, bombardment, insurgents, suicide bombing; killing, killing, and more killing.  It became preferable to view everything through a lens.  Everything seemed farther away, though there was never a moment when his life wasn't in immediate danger.  It was mindless and unending.  Another four years passed, and though Chechya again came under Russian rule the fighting continued.  The killing continued.  But Pavel would not, and in 2002 he deserted both his unit and the country that seemed determined to keep him stationed in the land that had birthed him.

Wishing to put an ocean between him and the blood-tainted country, Pavel immigrated to America as soon as he was able.  For a time he worked in various factories, finding some meager enjoyment in the mindless work of the assembly line.  The nostalgia for better days soon overcame him however, and he found that factory work was beginning to leave a bitter taste in his mouth.  This did not go unnoticed by certain shrewd individuals, who had heard word of the mighty "Mammoth" and his supposed skill with a rifle and blade. 

At first Pavel was extremely resistant to the idea of becoming a criminal, and even now there is a part of him that feels some measure of disgust towards the lifestyle he has chosen.  Like so many other immigrants he has fallen to a life of crime, and such is his disillusionment that the allure of money has clouded his judgment. 

undisclosedtoyou

Thanks for posting your character Shi! -Grins-

Okay, I know I've edited the character template once already, but I'm doing it again.  I added a section about how others preconceive your character, because I honestly want to know whether or not you want your character to come across a certain way.  Are they really smart, but because they do not interact socially are preconceived to be ditzy or stupid?  I especially apologize to Fe, because this is the second time you'll have to edit your character profile.  I hope you don't feel too inconvenienced.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

And BAM!  Let me introduce you to Bambi -smirks- The manipulative whore with sticky fingers!

Sadi, Christine, Holt

Nickname: 'Bambi'
Orientation: Straight...for the most part.
Talents: Stripping, Stealing, Driving, fucking, and Making money.
Defects/failures/weaknesses: A ditsy gold digging whore, with a slight case of necrophobia, and Pagophagia.
Specialty/Position in the family: Bambi shows her worth in being the best gal to get in and out of tricky situations.  She specializes in high risk jobs that require the acquisition of property that is already owned by someone else.  So You can call her the head of acquisitions.
Weapon of choice: The SIG P210 (Swiss Army designation Pistole 49), SIG P226, and the Walther PP.
Personality:  Bambi is...shall we say really ditsy, she's not stupid, but she doesn't care to pay attention when someone is saying something she doesn't deem important.  For the most part she likes for people to view her this way, so she doesn't really do anything to dissuade this perception of her.  In private she's a scheming manipulating whore, she's a natural gold digger, and doesn't see anything wrong with this.  She spends her days stripping, nights whoring herself out, and is an unapologetic thief.  In fact, it's more likely that she'll steal the contents of your wallet than allow you to get off with her.  It is because of this that she can be considered the best pick pocket in town.  On a different level, she also has a side hobby of breaking into high security areas and stealing priceless items of importance.  Not many know this, but it was her idea to start a family in the first place.
Outside Perspective: Ditsy, and clueless, most view her as a waste of space, and good for only a little sport in the bedroom or a mindless distraction.
History: Born and raised near the heart of London, Bambi excelled in school, but dropped out when she was 15, to move in with her than boy friend Peter, an 18 year old uni student who loved the rock and roll life style and heroin.  She lived with him for a few months before being pushed into prostitution to pay for her boy friends increasing addiction to his life style. 

When he finally left her, she turned to stripping during the day, where she met a man with a rather questionable reputation.  Quickly becoming a favorite of his, she started to learn that stealing from him, could turn her a quick profit, never mind that he was already paying for her flat in the city, and providing her with a tidy allowance.  She didn't take too much from him, only a little here and a little there with no one the wiser, since she was just that 'dumb biddy' who serviced the boss.  When he got tired of her, as fickle men where want to do, she cut her losses and moved onto the next mark.  An older married gentleman who liked to dip his fingers in embezzling and fraud.  She got a particularly high rush from breaking into his home and stealing his wife's jewelry.  When he got caught, as most sloppy men did, she shrugged and moved on.

The years after that where particularly slow for her, well at least to the public it was.  It was here that she learned the fine art of breaking into high security building to steal rare pieces of art.  She was particular about what she stole, and what building she would break into, choosing only those that proved the greatest risk and challenge to her.  She was taught by only the best, but who's name was never revealed.  In fact the only reason he taught her was because she had earned herself the reputation as being the finest lay in all of Great Britain and he didn't want to let her go just yet. 

The papers in Britain dubbed her the jade cat, a pseudonym that made her cringe with disgust at the papers lack of originality.  She stayed with her 'teacher' until she was twenty two, and only stopped because he had started to get rather angry and melancholy.  Symptoms of a larger problem, it would prove to be later on.  Her teacher had a heavy hand in the underbelly of England, and had crossed one too many important men in his life.  She didn't have all the details, but she came to learn that he had stolen from the wrong man, and even though she had stopped the 'relationship' between them weeks prior, she was still on the list of 'people to get a hold of and torture until they got answers.'  Which wasn't a list she was comfortable being in, so she split town.  She had enough currency on her for a plane ticket to America and a down payment on an 'apartment' in Los Angeles.  Sure she had more than enough to live comfortably for the rest of her life, but not in cash; plus, she rather liked the idea of having a private hidey hole filled with priceless goods that no one but her could get into.

But when she reached L.A, It wasn't what she expected, and she found herself being, 'just another pretty face in a town of pretty people.'  So she went back to stripping, and whoring herself out to pay the rent, an occupation that she knew she could always fall back on as long as she kept her body in shape, and her face unblemished.  But, as with all people who are used to living a rather 'on your seat' life style, she got bored quickly and decided that if all the men in her life could earn so much by dabbling in organized crime, so could she.  And she had something they didn't, the smarts to not get caught!  So taking on the dumb bimbo act, she went in search of as many like minded people as she could find and talked them into putting their lot in with her idea.  Turning her eyes into possible boss candidates, since she wasn't stupid enough to even contemplate doing it herself, she put all her determination into talking one man in particular into being the new boss to their new family.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Aiden

Sean Manus

Talents: Chef de cuisine, Master Sushi Chef, unpredictable, fast and dexterous hands, Knife/blade enthusiast/master
Defects/failures/weaknesses: Addicted to cocaine, work-a-holic, prone to tunnel vision and fits of rage. Vanity and inferior complex boughts.
Specialty/Position in the family: "Don?"
Weapon of choice: Butterfly knives, throwing knives and anything with a blade.
Physical Description:  Physically fit, svelte form with natural well toned muscle.
Personality:
"I want done shit now, faster...why are you standing her when I am talking to you get the fuck moving!"
The world moves to slow for Sean, the moment he wakes up he is going 100 miles a hour. That is when he sleeps as his days are 48 hour blocks instead of 24 like others. Whenever he is coming down he takes a line, shrugs it off and is back in the game. Because of this destructive pattern he needs those around him to look out for him and put him to bed by force or manipulation.
Outside Perspective:
Sean is a charismatic and witty in the public eye, smiling and laughing with guest and clients but in the back he is a different person. It seems as if he was bi-polar but his triggers are anything that does not go his way. He works to never be the poor kid from Ireland again scrapping by on whatever he can get his hands on. From his poverty sprouted the ambition that fuels him to be the best in the only way he knows how.
History:
Sean is a native soon of Ireland with the tongue for exotic foods. Born from meager stock he worked restaurants and pubs as a cook as soon as he could find a job and just said good bye to the family back home he had to support. Studying to become a chef he devotes himself to his craft and decides he one day wants his own restaurant. Most of his young adult life he spends it traveling country to country to learn recipes from master chefs if he can charm them with his quick and silver tongue. Eventually he finds himself stateside and begins to establish himself as a cook form a lucky break on the food network.

Having studied in Japan, he specializes in Sushi but cooks almost anything. Gathering his money he thanks the show that helped get his name out before he plans on opening two restaurants/bistros with clubs adjacent to them. The main one opening in Los Angeles, becoming wickedly popular beyond his imagination. His time on cloud 9 soon ends as organized crime family comes up and begins to demand protection money. Telling them to piss off becomes one of the biggest mistakes of his life.

On a busy Friday night when business is booming two thugs come to teach him a lesson but are in for a rude surprise when the same butcher knives Sean is proficient with are used to nearly sever their hands in blinks of an eye. The thugs die of blood loss and a huge scandal rises int he media, the mob pissed off they can't touch the guy during this time with police and reports out on which family the two thugs were working for. The attacked only spiked Sean's Bistro/club business to the point he is able to open a new club in San Diego and eventually take over the west coast sea board like the Missions of California.

With that said, the mob still is out to get their cut and to make Sean pay for his "disrespect" but the master chef is not like a criminal mastermind...he is simply winging it before a British doll comes and asks him to be the head of a rag tag group of people from various backgrounds to protect one another from various sources and reasons.

Despite the success of his restaurant and club he is still in debt to the bank. He did get a loan from a big time mob family to get started but payed them off with interest as quickly as possible. Now that he is starting to get into the black all the hounds are coming out to try to put him back into the red and he won't be having any of that shit.
WIP

undisclosedtoyou

Aiden, lovelyyy!  Thanks for posting your char up for all of us to gawk at  XD

Okiessss and we now have an OOC thread!  The link can be found on the first post of this want ad, right under the little title: The Links.  So go on over when you can so we can post out how everyone knows each other.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

undisclosedtoyou

Okay so we have a few more positions that can be taken, but by all means, they do not all need to be filled for this game to start.  So all you men and woman out there that feel the need to strap on a gun and break a few laws, all while quenching your thirst for a little illicit dysfunctionality, come on in and join up!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

playfullchick76

I would be interested in being a part of this. Perhaps as a stripper or waitress, but not there willingly. What appeals to me would be where I witnessed something that I shouldnt, was snatched before I could tell the authorities. Instead of being killed, those in charge saw the potential in me to be a top earner at the club as a skimpy waitress or stripper there.

If that works, if not, its ok.

FeBurns

Okay character preconception added/bio updated.

Aiden

Quote from: playfullchick76 on June 01, 2010, 11:13:54 AM
I would be interested in being a part of this. Perhaps as a stripper or waitress, but not there willingly. What appeals to me would be where I witnessed something that I shouldnt, was snatched before I could tell the authorities. Instead of being killed, those in charge saw the potential in me to be a top earner at the club as a skimpy waitress or stripper there.

If that works, if not, its ok.

I think the game is going to start in the first club Sean managed to get open.  Unless I find a better name it will be named "Ryujin".
The lower level serves as a restaurant, the top two levels as bar and dance floors and the top being his office and "VIP" areas.

I would say that strippers would be on the top floor for the VIPs, Sean starting off is not a typical "mob boss" so maybe you can be a spy for the other crime families that is trying to take him out after the heat from the media dies down (explained in his history).

Mr Self Destruct

Yuri Petrov

Talents: Arms dealing, defensive driving, hand-to-hand combat, larceny
Defects/failures/weaknesses: Weakness for fast & easy women and alcohol (particularly scotch)
Specialty/Position in the family: Head of Weaponry
Weapon of choice: Colt .45
Physical Description: An imposing figure, Yuri stands 6'4" and weighs 250 pounds.  His body sports many tattoos that showed his allegiance to the Bratva, ranging from 8-pointed stars on his shoulders to two cathedrals on his back, showing the number of times he'd been in prison.  Various other tattoos mark his form, all with some significance in relation to his criminal career.
Personality: Loud and often abrasive, Yuri is also quiet at times, when his mind gets to reminiscing on the past and thinking about what the future can hold.  He can laugh and carouse with his freinds one moment, and grow dangerously violent if offended.  He's a man who can make deals with the lowest gun-runner on the streets, but also who can talk alliances with other, similar criminal gangs.  Towards women, he's constantly suggestive, a personality flaw only further influenced by his love of scotch.
Outside Perspective: Yuri seems capable, though others are curious as to why his drinking, womanizing, and loud-mouthing is tolerated.  Most are intimidated by his size, save for those even bigger than he.
History: Born in a gulag thirty miles south of Moscow in 1971, Yuri began life in the most squalid of conditions.  His mother was a political prisoner since 1963, and grew pregnant after finding what passed for love with another inmate in the work camp.  She died during childbirth, and the child became a ward of an already over-burdened state government.  Rather than remove the child from the harsh conditions of the work camp, he was left in the care of an elderly woman, thereby putting any guilt over the child's death firmly on her withered shoulders.

But he didn't die.  Rather, he thrived under the hard labor and daily fights with other inmates.  He was speaking fluent Russian at 5 years old, and by ten, there wasn't a teenager there that could best him in a fight.  By 13, he knew every secret tunnel and hidden stash in the gulag, and by 17, he had escaped, leaving the proving grounds of his early years behind him, more of a man than any guard who prowled the yard.

At 19, he had set a reputation for himself as a man who could get things that were hard to get.  Guns, cars, women...all it took was money and sometimes, a little bit of incentive (whether favors or fists) to get the job done.  Yuri's street cred brought him to the attention of the local russian mafia, and he was indoctrinated into the lifestyle and dangers of a Bratva foot soldier.  He excelled at any task set before him, and it wasn't long before he was in charge of many tasks considered trivial but were, in fact, rather important: money laundering, drug smuggling and distribution, arms dealing, and even the heavy prostitution racket that employed many of the Motherland's women.

Life was going good, and he was living it to the fullest.  By 25, he was a made man, and as he neared his 30th birthday, things didn't seem like they could get any better for Yuri.

But then he fucked up.

His new job was all too simple.  He had to personally escort a cargo plane's worth of weaponry into Moscow, and accompany the distributor to several drop-off points throughout the city.  To him, it was grunt work, nothing more than a ride along.  He'd have to shake a few hands, bribe a few officials, and maybe knock around a couple street-level thugs, but it wasn't anything he wasn't already used to.  Besides, it was a personal favor for Piotr Gregorovich, then leader of the Moscow branch of the Vory v Zakone, the Russian criminal underworld.

He took a bottle of scotch with him to help ease the mundanity of the trip, and succeeded in getting himself quite drunk.  During a stop at a dock drop off point near the Volga river, he was insulted by one of the buyers, and in a fit of drunken rage, he attacked the man.  Though his associates didn't open fire, they beat him mercilessly, though Yuri wasn't the only one gravely injured in the fight.  What was worse was that during the sudden tussle, someone nearby witnessed the battle, and called the local police.  Within minutes, the docks were swarming with police, and everyone, Yuri included, were arrested on charges of weapons smuggling and distribution of illegal firearms.

Yuri knew he was screwed.  He didn't bother contacting anyone from the Semya, knowing that his 'extended family' would only be indicted along with him.  He got caught, and it was damned sure his own fault.  What he wasn't expecting was the quick and decisive trial.  Because of his role among the mafia, and his presence among so much weaponry, he was sentenced to life in prison, without parole.  Just when it seemed he was untouchable, Yuri was to end his life where it had begun...in a Russian prison.

But fate intervened.  Not even two months into his sentence, he was attacked in the communal showers, stabbed multiple times in the chest and back with homemade shivs, and left to bleed to death on the shower floor.  Another inmate, nuetral to his plight, called the guards for help.  He was saved in the prison hospital, but only barely.  The battle had nearly killed him, and he knew that when he recovered, he would be sent back to his cell to await the next assassins to finish him off.

A month passed before his stitches had healed, and he was ready to be discharged from the prison hospital.  He'd bid his time, allowing his body to heal, and then, when two officers came for him, he put his plan into motion.  Yuri viciously attacked them, beating them into unconsciousness, and with some quick thinking, he donned one of their uniforms, taking their keys along with him.  It just so happened that one of the guards was roughly his size and shape, and to further the ruse, he beat the guard's face in with a heavy brick that had dislodged from the wall.  The guard died, but he did so to ensure Yuri's escape.

Yuri still drinks a scotch on the anniversary of his escape in memory of the unfortunate guard.

He managed to escape and get passage on a freighter headed for America.  Russia had nothing more for him but bullets and bloodshed, and he'd very nearly had enough of both.  It took some time, but within a few years hew as able to set himself up once more as a man who could get things done, and he specialized once more in weaponry.  To his surprise, it was much easier to acquire the necessary firepower in his new homeland.  The wheels of capitalism were easily greased with money, and while the punishments were just as severe, in the Land of the Free he had little fear of ever returning to another penal colony.  High priced American lawyers can get their clients away with murder, so he had little to fear from prosecution.

He met up with Sean Manus two years into his 'Americanization' and the two came to an understanding.  He agreed to sign up with the fledgling mafioso, in return for a chance to prove his worth and his formidable skills.  So far, things have been downright peachy, but a fellow russian makes him nervous, and the two hot little cekc dolls are enough of a distraction to keep him a busy man.

Crovonovin

Excellent!  No mob is complete without a couple of gigantic burly Russians!  ;D