DEvil May cry Movie confirmed for 2010

Started by Paladin, January 06, 2010, 02:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin

Brandon

I have a hard time believing that a Devil May cry movie can go on Cinema so easily and still be good. Especially the first one. Whos directing it? That should tell me whether it will be alright or crap
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Saerrael

I want this movie way too badly to believe just anything I come across >.>
Okay, that sounds contra, I know. But I've seen too many 'confirmations' before.

Sabby

Uwe Boll finally got the rights to it, eh?

Kenshin

BlisteredBlood

Well, well. Let's see how the trailer looks for this movie before I make any decisions on whether to go see it or not.
What BlisteredBlood Says Yes And No To: Ons and Offs
Got a question to ask? Ask me here!
Wanna RP with me? Check this out!
In case if I'm not here, refer to this.

Wolfy

My god if Uwe Boll managed to snag Devil May Cry...We're so going to have to take up the torches and pitchforks.

I mean seriously..if he has the movie, I expect a line like "The Devil May Cry, but I laugh in the face of danger." or some other bull ****. >_>

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Sabby on January 07, 2010, 12:46:40 AM

Nope.. Hideki Kamiya according to the IMDb.

Right now Boll is killing BloodRayne again (along with 4 other movies for 2010.. 2 in production, BR3 is in pre-production and the last is in 'editing'. If you can call any of his tripe 'editable')

Paladin

Quote from: Sabby on January 07, 2010, 12:46:40 AM

Strangely, I don't think its Uwe Boll, but folks the actors have been confirmed.

Callie Del Noire

He's tried to get Metal Gear a while back (mid 2000s.. ) Konomi's (sp?) response was very definitive. He once commented he'd could do anything (Rumor has it he was interested in Halo.. Bungie was definitely not letting that happen)

But then.. what do you expect his primary skill is cooking the accounts so he can make a film that is a tax write off for his backers.

Paladin

Yea Heres more.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/422/422228p1.html

It was back in 2003 but since then noone else has grabbed thw rights.

Everything I have seen says its slated for release this year.

Kane Gunlock

him and Micheal bay should drive off a cliff

Sabby

I fucking hate him for what he's done to my beloved Blood Rayne... but then again, I'm the one who actually liked the whole modern age/near future/goth and biker vampire apocolypse settiing, where as everyone else wants it to go back to killing Nazi's.

Tachi

It'd depend on the trailers for it. I'll be very, VERY disappointed if it turns into a trashy romance between Dante and Trish. Damnit, it's going to be, isn't it? Now I don't want to see it...

Drake Valentine

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 07, 2010, 11:37:52 AM
He's tried to get Metal Gear a while back (mid 2000s.. ) Konomi's (sp?) response was very definitive. He once commented he'd could do anything (Rumor has it he was interested in Halo.. Bungie was definitely not letting that happen)

But then.. what do you expect his primary skill is cooking the accounts so he can make a film that is a tax write off for his backers.

I doubt Hideo Kojima(sp) the director of the Metal Gear franchise would allow any in making an actual movie from it, unless he was actually there and directing it/overseeing it. So, I believe it is safe to say, that that gaming franchise, if ever turned into a movie, can be something one can look forward too.

As for that cast lined up for DMC... Ugh.... *Shakes head*

"When I'm Done With You, You'll Be a:
Raped, Bloody, And Humiliated, Little Alice in Wonderland."

Introduction | O&Os | O&Os2 | IM RP Request(Canceled 04/11/2010) | A&As(Updated 10/29/13) | Solo RP Request (Updated 09/20/14)
Pale Eclipse - Group Game Project{Paused} 

Brandon

I think whether a movie is good or not depends partly on the actors but mostly on the director him or herself. I have my doubts on whether or not a DMC movie will be worth it (especially with this director) but the DMC franchise has been going downhill since DMC 3 and not even Capcom seems to know what to do with it to keep it fresh and interesting.

If they put a group of directors into it and played to their strengths then a DMC movie could be awesome but as is, with the cast and the director I have my doubts as to whether its worth a watch or not. It's likely going to be like avatar, visually spellbinding but lacking anything to really care about.
Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Paladin

All I say folks is give it a Freakin chance. Its Not Uwe Boll doing it so calm down. Also the cast looks Great.

Paladin

Quote from: Kane Gunlock on January 07, 2010, 01:07:02 PM
him and Micheal bay should drive off a cliff

Ok Mate if your just Gonna bash people please take it elsewhere. Michale Bay is a Good Director and knows his stuff. Uwe Boll has had a few good movies. Not many but a few.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Paladin on January 07, 2010, 07:16:51 PM
Ok Mate if your just Gonna bash people please take it elsewhere. Michale Bay is a Good Director and knows his stuff. Uwe Boll has had a few good movies. Not many but a few.

You got to admit thought.. if Bay took a car over a cliff.. it would be an AWESOME explosion. :D

Paladin

Kane Gunlock

I have to disagree bay is not a good Director (watch the revenge of the fallen Reveiw at the escapist)
shaky cam is in no way a good thing

Paladin

The escapist gets paid to say what he says. RoTF was very good in my opinion but it wasn't as good as the original.

Callie Del Noire

I like the Escapist.. but.. occasionally he has been known to be wrong.. :D

Or at least.. hyper critical