Intimate Ink's Idea Thread (lean towards m/m pairings, but all ideas welcome)

Started by Intimate Ink, January 28, 2023, 07:43:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Intimate Ink

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for stopping by. After over two years of basically being off this board because of heavy involvement in a group game, I have once again found my way here. I don't have tons of time, but am seeing if I can catch the eye of a couple people for story time in the time that I do. I would love to hear what you have been up to (whoever you are,) and all about you. Please, in turn, take a moment to review my own Ons and Offs before contacting me. It's got a lot of basic information about me that I would be putting in this thread if it did not exist already there. In return, I will certainly read any similar posts that you have featured in your own tags if you contact me.

I'm open to ideas from other people as long as it's clear that you have read through things and decided what fits with my interests. I'm less happy when it's clear someone comes to me with an idea and hasn't read anything I've written about myself or my interests.

Commitment Level: Medium to Long-Term

Genres / Keywords: Slice of Life, (Hard earned) romance, tragedy and redemption
Roles: Shared World-building, each of us playing a main character and potential NPCs ; I'm leaning towards writing the 'preacher's son' role in this, but I'm willing to consider either
Sexualities: I am looking for Male x Male  exclusively for this one
Smut Level: Varies with timeline of plot, probably low or medium depending on where you look.

Son of a Preacher Man

Two boys in a small town seem on-track for a classic and canonical coming-of age-romance. One of them is a conscientious and obedient type who was considered a model youth, the other a reckless and rebellious son to one of the town's prominent preachers. Despite their differences the two boys befriended each other, and maybe even managed to reach the point of being fleeting secret lovers. This budding relationship came to an abrupt end, however, when the preacher's son was implicated in an incident that cost the life of another youth (details here are left deliberately vague to work out what level of guilt my writing partner is comfortable writing around.) Now, released from his formal sentence, the son of the preacher is now forced to return home and face many who still judge him, as he lacks the resources to go anywhere else. His return awakens feelings and desires in the other character that have been long kept secret and repressed. Can the son of the preacher escape the cloud of judgment hanging over him? Can his once love interest sort out his feelings, and is it worth igniting his good reputation by forging a public relationship with the man that he once cared for?

Genres / Keywords: Urban fantasy, magic, romance, enemies-to-lovers, political families
Roles: Intensive shared world-building, each of us playing a main character and associated NPCs ;
Sexualities: Male x Male
Smut Level: Probably a solid medium

That plot that I am pretending that I didn't just shamelessly rip from a popular LGBT romance and put into a supernatural setting...

In a world run by prominent magical families, two men stand as political reprentatives of those families. Though neither holds any true power (at least of yet,) they are celebrities in the most basic sense of the word, with the worlds eyes upon them and the reputation of their families on the line. One, hailing from a line of staunch, stoic, and conservative Necromancers, while the other a line of fickle, fiery, and flamboyant elementalists. While the characters initially detest one another, due to political obligation and the need for publicity, they find themselves repeatedly shoved together anyway. In a lesson of 'opposites attract' the two begin a tumultuous romance relationship of sex, romance, and conflict that all must be kept their secret. With the eyes of both their families and the larger public on both men, however, their increasingly intense trysts are bound to surface eventually. What will become of them when they do?

Genres / Keywords: Urban Fantasy, Adventure, Real-World Locations, Episodic, Magic / Supernatural Abilities
Roles: World-building (either myself or shared), Mutually shared GM and Player Responsibilities OR GM/NPCs (Me) x Player Character (You)
Sexualities: Any, or multiple (with multiple characters)
Smut Level: Entirely Optional, though given situations if it is absent, some fade-to -black moments may be necessary for character development.

The Midway
Belonging to everywhere and nowhere, a mysterious carnival appears throughout time and space, drawing those from nearby towns to have a good time, spend an evening with their loved ones, or maybe just to make fun of the freaks. There are those that find their home unexpectedly in the carnival, who find a place where they thought they had none: Maybe it is the dissatisfied housewife who finds her hidden calling as the bearded lady and lover to a trapeze artist, or maybe the teenage runaway finds a new diversion in being a shill to a handsome game-master and thief. Wherever and whenever the carnival appears, adventures will both come to it while the carnies, in turn, bring their own spice to the towns they visit. There are, of course, curious questions that a thoughtful mind may ask: What is the purpose of the carnival? Where did it come from? What of the strange magical abilities that the carnies gain? What of the strange shadow-like creatures sometimes viewed, passing images in a mirror?

Commitment Level: Highly Variable
Genres / Keywords: Historical (1940s), High Smut, Hollywood, Organized Crime, Semi-Sandbox
Roles: Shared world-building and NC/NPCSs or World-building / GM / NPCs and PC / Secondary world-building with some possible npc involvement
Smut Level: Medium to High

Full Service
Taking inspiration from the recently publicized-in-film Hollywood gas station of the 1940s that was actually a brothel, the story will revolve around the recruitment of a character into an all-male brothel in either Las Vegas or Hollywood at a similar time. Interactions will include the exchange of services with the rich, famous, and well-connected. Movie stars and mafia men can surface as the character negotiates the tricky waters of trying to make a future for themselves, all while serving (and servicing) those around who may see them fall.

Genres / Keywords: Urban Fantasy, Real-World Locations, Magic / Supernatural Abilities, Trauma, Hope and Hopelessness, Based on a Tabletop Game (NO DICE)
Roles: GM / NPCs (Me) x Player (You)
Smut Level: I will likely want sexual aspects worked into the game, but I will also not want it to be the focus.

Promethean: The Created (Heavily Modified, no dice, limited stats, emphasis on writing and pathos)
This idea is based off the game by White Wolf, Promethean: The Created. I do not, however, require knowledge of the game or really wish to use its ideas without heavy modification. I would like to take some of the concepts in it, and run a game strongly influenced by the system that has minimal stats and no rolls. I want this to be a writing experience first and foremost, and am not looking to run a 'game'. Instead, I want someone looking to run a character inspired by this world, and work with me to explore some of the more human and creative levels that the game touches on. You do not need to know the system, but I do ask you be interested in the subject. For those unfamiliar, the base game is you playing a 'created' life that wants to become human - think Frankenstein, or a doll that has come to life, or a golem. These creations mostly pass as human, but often leave those around them unsettled, and occasionally enraged. (Think the angry villagers in the traditional Frankenstein story.) I want this to be a modern setting, and likely want someone willing to consider with me how some of these feelings of being alienated and different - monstrous - relate to elements of trauma, as well as social and sexual categories that are not always accepted by others. This will likely not be a happy game, however I am willing to work towards an at least somewhat positive end if that is wanted. I want the character have to work for it, however.

Less Structured Idea Seeds
- Recruited into the magical 'Old Ways' that have been repressed by current supernatural regimes (witches, faerie, werewolves, etc.)
- Character-driven anonymous hook-up one-offs (it should be nothing and everything about the sex; tell a story of someone as the sex or attempted sex happens, interruptions and unplanned unpleasantness welcome, urban fantasy/mythological characters welcome)
- Olympic Village stories or a fantasy-world equivalent
- Male x Male magical realism story, possibly in a magical realism version of NYC?

Archive of Taken Ideas

Commitment Level: Medium
Genres / Keywords: Horror/Thriller, Extreme Themes, Murder, Cult-like figure, Small Towns
Roles: Shared world-building and NC/NPCSs or World-building / GM / NPCs and PC / Secondary world-building with some possible npc involvement
Sexualities: Any
Smut Level: Highly variable, though I feel it should be present. Kink-friendly is likely a must.

Frank
Returning home after graduating college and facing a narrow job-market and ever-escalating cost-of-living, a character questions their choices and the once confident-feeling of success. They set about exploring the too-quiet ocean town that they had planed to escape from: back living with their aging parents and facing the people that they grew up with, most of which they were happy to never hear from again. Enter a confident and mysterious stranger that ignites both sexual interests and creativity. The stranger convinces the returning character and possibly others to join a secret club to learn to enjoy life and break the rules of society; however, that club becomes increasingly dangerous not just to its members but to the town around it. As the 'club' activities become increasingly deadly, the student loses their grip on their own identity and sanity begin to slip away. They must ultimately question what is most important: their humanity, or the unhinged freedom that the stranger has unlocked within them.

Commitment Level: Short to Medium-Term
Genres / Keywords: Contemporary Life, Smut-Heavy, Pop Music, Opposites Attract, Turbulent Relations
Roles: Player Character x Player Character (Shared worldbuilding / NPCs as needed)
Sexualities: Male x Male in mind, though feel free to pitch me an alternative
Smut Level: Medium to High

Top 40 Closets
From TikTok videos on a guitar, to selling out concerts, one of them has the pretty face and pop-music aesthetic that keeps teenagers screaming for more, even if more seasoned music tastes tend to fail to see the appeal. The other is a hapless audience member not there for any engagement, but dragged by the whim of their sister or best friend. When thy disengaged audience member gets targeted by the singer and asked to be his night's recreation for a fat payment, he eventually agrees. What neither of them know is it's the first night in a series of nights of paid relations.... And then something more. The closeted performer is faced with his own choices and what he's lost by being loyal to the whims of his contract and label, while the sex-for-pay audience member has to consider the path he's on, how he feels about his choices, and the pop star that's dragged him along on this journey.

Genres / Keywords: Urban Fantasy, Adventure, Real-World Locations, World-of-Darkness Inspired, Werewolves, Werecrows
Roles: World-building / GM / NPCs (One Player) and PC (One Player -Limited NPCs and Worldbuilding still when pertinent)
Sexualities: Any
Smut Level: I feel sex is a present element in this story, but whether it is fade-to-black, a mild amount, or moderate amount is open

A Bird's Eye View: A Game inspired by Werewolf: The Apocalypse
The world's ending and the werewolves still think they are in charge. Maybe it's a human's world's first, but it still is a wolf's world second. The werecrows, werecats, and werecoyotes are a distant third to that. Just forget about anything else; they're not even a footnote. The idea is a story-present sandbox where the wily, spy-prone, and comparatively weak Corax (were-raven) steps outside his boundaries and does what Corax do best - spy and interfere in the business of others. Help or profit, fight or flight (hyuck), and wage war or seek peace... maybe the glory renown will always be largely reserved for the big guys, but this is the story of how one shifter makes their way among them.

Intimate Ink

Added several plots lately so seemed like it was time for a bump. <3