Seeking Solas- F for Any to write Solas in post Trespasser DLC story

Started by writersmelody, December 01, 2023, 05:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

writersmelody

What's This About?

Hi! Thank you for taking the time to check out this thread. I have been dying to tell the story of the Inquisitor (a cisgendered female  in this story) and Solas after the events of Trespasser and especially with Dragon Age: Dreadwolf somewhere on the horizon, I want to give this another go. I love Thedas and I feel  like their story and relationship deserve more exploration. Will she be able to convince him to postpone his plans and work with her to find another way to restore the Elvhen to their former glory? Or will he convince her that the only way to fix a broken world is to destroy it and create a new one? How far will they go for  what they genuinely believe is right? What are they willing to sacrifice?

I am hoping for a tale of epic, tragic romance mixed with adventure and intrigue, moves and countermoves, interspersed with bits of levity a la BioWare, as he prepares to destroy the Veil he created and she tries to stop him. All the while still loving each other and knowing what victory might mean.

The category, like the ending, for the story is flexible, though I see it fitting most likely into Light or maybe Bondage depending. There are many potential directions this could go and I have ideas for all of them that I am happy to discuss and refine. And I'm open to any of your ideas around this story as well! If you want explore the pathos and tenderness and continue the story of Solas and Lavellan, please send me a PM! :)

Okay, now that I've made the pitch, here is some information about me as a writer.

I am a cisgendered female who will be writing a cisgendered female character. Solas is a cisgendered male character but your gender identity as a writer doesn't matter to me. I would be happy to write and chat with anyone who can be respectful, creative, literate, descriptive, and realistic within the bounds of the setting of our story. Speaking of setting, I am a huge fan of the Dragon Age games, I've spent an embarrassing of time playing them. I've also seen the Netflix series and read the novels and have all the graphic novels I want to read before Dreadwolf comes out... whenever that will be. It'd be great if my writing partner has at least played through Inquisition and the Trespasser DLC ONCE so as to have some knowledge of the setting and characters who are likely to appear.

I am currently only writing via the forums here or PM. For more specific information on what I enjoy and have no interest in ever exploring, please click here for my Ons and Offs.

Here are some things that I expect from my writing partners and promise to give to you:
  • SAFETY- I feel this is important to include, even for NA or Light stories. Part of the appeal of this hobby is being able to explore uncomfortable spaces but being safe. All you have to do if you want me to stop something or change the direction a scene is going or want me to edit something (even a name) is ask. I won't ask for an explanation and I will always respect your limits and Offs. Please do the same for me.
  • Patience-  My typical posting rate at this time is once a day to 2-4 times per week, I will let you know if for some reason there will be a delay or if for some reason I no longer wish to continue the RP. Life happens! And I hope that you will do me the same courtesy of informing me about any delays.
  • Communication- As long as I know you are still interested in the RP, I will wait as long as necessary for your next post. If there is something you want to see or you have an idea or there is something bothering you, please let me know, I am a reasonable being and would more than willing to talk about any ideas or concerns you have! Please also let me know via PM if you wish to discontinue the RP. Insight into why would be appreciated but is absolutely not necessary and I won't press, just please do let me know.
  • Point of View- I write in third person point of view and use past tense. I prefer that my writing partners also write in third person point of view.
  • Literacy- I understand that English isn't everyone's first language and we all have different levels of comfort and proficiency. No one is perfect. All I ask is that you make an effort when it comes to spelling and grammar. My posts may be anywhere from 2-5 paragraphs to... longer depending. It's quantity over quality for me but please give me more than a few sentences to work with.

Another caveat, I am totally happy to become your friend as we chat about our story, characters, etc. :) I like friends and making friends! :D Please respect my boundaries and do not push for more. In return, I will be respectful, creative, and engaged and strive to be someone that you will be comfortable with and have fun chatting (whether it's Dragon Age related or not!) and writing with. :)
- Writer's Melody

"Love looks not with the eyes but with the mind." - William Shakespeare

(Specifically Seeking Someone to Write Solas)
(On/Offs)
(Absences/Apologies) (updated 2/9/24)

writersmelody

- Writer's Melody

(On/Offs)

writersmelody

- Writer's Melody

(On/Offs)