Aetherpunk (Steampunk, Freeform, LGBT Friendly)

Started by Crash, July 13, 2014, 12:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rel Mayer

Quote from: skyre on September 22, 2014, 03:26:13 AM
Hey Rel and Nubian.
I'm running the Captain of the airship that is currently in game. We do have several vacancies in the crew if you're looking for a character role and a bunch of friendly and interesting characters to interact with.
If I can help you or you want to ask any questions please do so here or drop me a PM.
Skyre

I think I may just do that! I've been running through so many pretty steampunk pictures and it's giving me so many plot bunnies!

Hazy Sky

Well we need an armourer or a quartermaster for sure. There's a possible role for a mystic or medium, but it would have to be the right character to be honest. The Captain is a bit sceptical about that sort of stuff. Nurse or surgeon's assistant, rigger and general crew members are all available too. If you have an idea in particular that I haven't mentioned and want to discuss it just drop me a PM or message me here. If I can accommodate your character or characters on the Comet I would love to do so.
Looking for and accepting new stories.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Machete

I'm very interested. Is the game humans only? My pirate, Shane, is a catwoman.

Hazy Sky

As far as I know Machete, and Madame Professor can correct me if I'm wrong, it's a steampunk setting and human or human in appearance only. We do have a living doll, but she appears to be and acts as though she is a human.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

From my talks with Crash, that's not strictly true, Skyre. :) The idea was that there's be no proper "animal people," but due to the nature of Aether experiments, there are ways to justify having a character like that. That's something we could hash out with Madame.

Hazy Sky

Always happy to be corrected if my information is inaccurate. Thanks Karma.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Crash

My original concepts for the game was their could be someone with animal DNA as an experiment, but as all things I wanted this to be linked to aether and steam.  No anthros or anime style animal-human hybrids.  It would have to be a subtle thing more than an overt thing.

Madame Professor is the deciding factor in this of course, but that was my original intent.

- Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

Madame Professor

I am so terribly sorry for the delay, Machete!!

As far as a catwoman is concerned, I am very interested in keeping with as close to Crash's original intent as possible.

If her enhancements are subtle and can fit into the setting, how she came about and the like work with the world, it shouldn't be a problem. Aether makes many things possible. :-)
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Senti

Any one need a 'cabin boy' that is really a very effective female thief type?

Crash

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

Madame Professor

Quote from: Senti on October 20, 2014, 02:10:38 PM

-loves this idea already-
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Saric

Quote from: Senti on October 20, 2014, 02:10:38 PM

If he was on an airship Booms would already be asking you to be his 'lab assistant'. Since he's not, and his last lab just blew up, he's forced to just hope he runs into you. (Important Tip: don't drink or otherwise ingest anything you get from the alchemist without finding out what it is first!!! ;))
"I believe in dragons, good men, and other fantasy creatures." - Slovotsky's Law #42

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”― Neil Gaiman, Coraline

“The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it.” - Terry Pratchett (Rest in Peace, Master Storyteller)

Madame Professor

We are still looking for players! We have a whole second ship that can be filled as well as openings on the existing ship and citizens of San Francisco. The sky's the limit with Sky Pirates! ;D

Asher

I was interested in making a Gunner. Are there any ships looking for one?
I am 100% okay with random PM's.

Hazy Sky

Hi Asher. There's only one ship at present which is captained by one of my characters. Madame runs the game and I have no direct influence beyond saying whether or not a character is one that the Captain will accept into his crew or not. If you have any questions or a particular concept in mind do feel free to chat with myself or Madame about it. I can think of at least three roles on a ship that could fall under the title of Gunner. As far as I can recall none of them are directly filled at the moment.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Crash

You can always start a different ship too.  I am sure you can find a place in the game Asher.

Holmes

When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

O/Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=230163.0

Madame Professor

Holmes

When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

O/Os: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=230163.0

Madame Professor

Quote from: Holmes on December 24, 2014, 04:57:37 PM
Awesome! What positions do you recommend?

The world is your oyster. You could work with Skyre and see what's still available on his ship. You could make your own. You could even make a pirate looking for a home, or not a pirate at all. We will be working on updating the active character list after the holidays, but if you have an idea, you are welcome to post it here.

Asher was thinking of a Gunner. I think Skyre mentioned a ways back he is looking for a Rigger and some general crew members, so speaking with them would be a good starting point. Did you have a general idea in mind already?

Hazy Sky

Umm...
Rigger, grease monkey, Gunner, general crew members including lower ranked officers are all open on the Comet,Holmes. If you have an idea that isn't on my list or have any questions feel free to drop me a message and I'll gladly try to help you find a place if I can.

Current earworms
Kallax
The Midnight
WOLFCLUB

Madame Professor

Looking for a career change?

We are still open and accepting characters!

Crash

Madame Professor

Crash