Interest Check: Scion (White Wolf)

Started by Teddy Molotov, October 04, 2014, 03:16:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teddy Molotov

Updates made to rules section. We're probably close to being ready to start, probably tomorrow.

AndyZ

Doubt I'm going to be all set by then, but it seems like everyone is pretty set up.  I hope you all have fun ^_^
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Teddy Molotov

xP Hey man, if you need more time, all you need to do is ask.

AndyZ

Nah, my creativity is just being mean lately.  I can't seem to force any of my Scion ideas out onto a sheet.

Could be worse, though.  The ideas for my next novel are chugging decently along so I can't complain too much.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Teddy Molotov

Well, hey, that sounds novel, hehehe...

But seriously, if you really must go, don't be a stranger, alright?

AndyZ

I'm leaving the mental box open for ideas.

avorae

Working on my sheet now. Just trying to make sure my numbers are right and buttoning up some details. I should have it sent sometime tonight for review.

Life is a hard game but the rewards are sweet if you know where to look.

Teddy Molotov

Teddy Molotov

UPDATE: At this point in time, we have a full roster! I also may have jumped the gun yesterday, saying we could start today xP It would be more considerate, I think, to allow everyone to get their characters and sheets up on the profile thread before we begin.

HairyHeretic

Quote from: HopeFox on October 07, 2014, 05:46:01 PM
If threshold successes on attack rolls become automatic successes on damage rolls, then that means Epic Dexterity affects damage as much as Epic Strength does, and Epic Dexterity is already pretty powerful. I'm not sure that that's a good idea. (Except for guns, which do have a lot of trouble doing damage in high Legend scenes.)

I've seen one house rule that applies Epic Perception to missile damage the same way Epic Strength gets added to melee. Would that help here?
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Teddy Molotov

Yeah, that perception knack applies. I've already modified that house rule on the front page, bringing to back to how the game is traditionally run.

EDIT: Specifically, Thousand Yard Stare and Shatterpoint knacks from the quick reference house rules is what I was thinking.

Teddy Molotov

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=215218.0

Here we have a link to the OoC Thread, and I'll have a link on the front page here. Please, make good use of it until we're ready to get this show on the road.

AndyZ

Asuka Takamura - Scion of Hachiman
Nature: Visionary

Strength 3 - Epic 1
Dexterity 5 - Epic 1
Stamina 3 - Epic 1

Charisma 2
Manipulation 2 - Epic 1
Appearance 4 - Epic 1

Perception 2 - Epic 1
Intelligence 5 - Epic 1
Wits 4 - Epic 1

Academics 1
Animal Ken 1
Art (Dancing) 1
Athletics 3
Awareness 3
Brawl 1
Command 1
Control (Automobiles) 1
Craft (Origami) 1
Empathy 1
Fortitude 1
Integrity 3
Investigation 1
Marksmanship 1
Melee 5
Occult 3
Presence 1
Science (Computer) 5
Stealth 1

Languages:

English
Spanish
French
Sign Language
Japanese
Latin

Birthrights:

Tomoe Tattoo - Right shoulder - Grants access to the Animal, Fertility and Guardian purviews

Meteor Hammer (Flexible Weapon stats) - Range out to Legend*5 yards, Adds Legend to Dexterity+Melee attacks, Grants access to the War purview.  Unlike the picture, Asuka's Meteor Hammer has a head on each end, one of which is covered with spikes and blades.

Smartphone - Works as a computer and gives Legend to Intelligence+Science rolls for hacking, never needs plugged in or recharging, maintains a steady signal unless in a strange terra incognita unknown to Hachiman.

Knacks:
Making it Look Easy
Cat's Grace
Self-Healing
Advantageous Circumstances
My Eyes Are Up Here
Spatial Attunement
Wireless Interface
Opening Gambit

Boons:
Vigil Brand
Blessing of Bravery
The Wakeful Spirit
The Watchful Spirit

Virtues:
Duty 1
Endurance 1
Intellect 5
Valor 5

Legend 3
Legend Points 9/9
Willpower 10

Meteor Hammer - 14 Accuracy, 9 Damage, 8 PDV, Speed of 5

Captain America

Absolutely love a GOOD Scion game. I'd play if there was room and it wasn't PbP. If it's off site I can also bring 3-5 folks if you want them.
Skype Captain America (captainamerica_@Hotmail.com)

Feel free to pester me.

Teddy Molotov

Good to know, though I think PbP is working well with our current group.

HairyHeretic

There is also the option of running a game on our Mumble server. I've run an L5R one there, though it can be tricky to co-ordinate more than a couple of hours time when you're dealing with people spread across not just countries but continents.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

Teddy Molotov

Yeah... time zones make RL gaming a hassle, sometimes...