CLOSED: Medieval Court RP

Started by Arlyn, March 28, 2009, 03:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arlyn

Alright, I think we may have just enough characters to really start up.  The only thing is, I suck at names sometimes (hence why I often use the same ones over and over in various RPs).  Anyone have a suggestion for a castle name?

Myrleena

Sir Wolfgang

Arlyn

I was thinking "The Kingdom of Larath", actually.    I'd rather the castle not be called 'Larath', though.

Jeramiahh

I suggest Sandamere Castle.

I have no idea why.
I'm not shy. I'm silently stalking my prey.
There are two things that are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not quite sure about the first one.

Sir Wolfgang

Strangelildedgrl

Okay...so, I suppose it's my turn to get all queenlike, eh?

Name: Queen Gwendolyn of (GM insert realm name here)
Apparent Age: Late 30s
Race: Human
Magic: Natural (Chaos based...I can explain if needed)
Hair: Copper with a white streak extending from the top of her head through to the end.  Only those who have ever been with her in private know it's exact length.  Most others always see it pinned up meticulously, with her delicate jeweled crown resting upon it.
Eyes: Stormy blue
Skin: very pale, never having seen a day of work outside of walls.

I'll get the background going, but i need to know more from the GM to find out the details of the area/history...

Doomsday

Definitely interested. Is there any character type that you guys still need?

Strangelildedgrl

yay...now there be boys!  woots for me!  mwahahahahahaha... >:)

Myrleena

Hmm...so Strange, you have any idea why the queen would choose a shy bookworm of an elf as court sorceress, or did she blunder into it?

Doomsday

Quote from: Aragem on March 29, 2009, 08:52:21 PM
Do you want either a prince or a princess?  I can handle two characters easily.  And would you want them to be twins or different ages?

I could possibly play the prince, if nobody is interested, and you can be the princess. I see you have incest in your ons, which I have no problem with ;)

Strangelildedgrl

Quote from: Myrleena on March 30, 2009, 01:04:42 AM
Hmm...so Strange, you have any idea why the queen would choose a shy bookworm of an elf as court sorceress, or did she blunder into it?

Her husband, the King, would have chosen her.  Gwen would have looked over the candidates, and probably would have decided that the quiet nature complimented the peaceful way the Kingdom has been run, but in the end, she had no direct say in her selection.

Arlyn

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=33549.0
Character thread.  May as well have this set up so we can all introduce our characters when you've got your idea(s) down.

Arlyn

HPDDJ, you're more than welcome to join in the fun.  Perhaps Aragem would like to make twin sisters (if you'd still like to control two characters) and you could have the elder or younger brother?  That sort of thing could be fun to work around.

I think... two more people would round us off pretty well.  One more male and female character and that should do it.

Skye2

Well I am up for being one of the female characters slaves...any takers?

*gives them her most cute, pathetic puppydog pout face~*
on and offs

Naruto fan? Or just want to rp something...different?
http://hsnaruto.com/index.php

Myrleena

Heh, my character could use an assistant to keep her on task if you want.  :P

dataviper

Heavy is the head that wears the crown, and I like my neck not broken.

So maybe a higher level noble, maybe even the king's cousin. Could have been king if his father had been born first. He is enjoying the privilage he holds.
He keeps the women of the court trailing after him and always looking for a way to make himself richer and more powerful

BUT...he will never try to take power from his cousin.
He will however, sleep with the queen, or princess for that matter, and compliment them in front of others on their "virtue and purity"

Arlyn

Get approved first, and then we can talk about the role you can play here.  Thanks for showing your interest, though.

Doomsday

Get approved swiftly data, it sounds like you have a good idea what you want to do with your character!

Aragem

Are we forgetting something?  Perhaps a whipping boy?

Silk

I thought most of the males were whipping boys, only one seems to be the dominant type that doesnt get skitty around girls

Sir Wolfgang

Ettimere isn't a whipping boy; he's confident in all social situations outside of one-on-one interaction with women, or one-on-several interaction with multiple women.

Silk

Doomsday

The prince doesn't get whipped unless he orders it. ಠ_ಠ

Sir Wolfgang

*draws his sword* you don't want Ettimere to get angry lol...