News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Your year

Started by JerichoMyers, August 02, 2010, 10:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerichoMyers

If you could to have a choice of which year you could have been born in and start completely over, which year would it be?

Chevalier des Poissons

I wouldn't.

I like to look at myself, and I enjoy the product of what I am becoming, and that all started because of events out of my power of choice. If I could really choose anything I couldn't, the implications would be others, and my reasons for the choice would change, forcing me to eternally change my year of birth.
-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

JerichoMyers

Good answer but see it this way, wouldn't the curiosity get you?

Chevalier des Poissons

Quote from: JerichoMyers on August 02, 2010, 10:49:58 PM
Good answer but see it this way, wouldn't the curiosity get you?

No.

Curiosity for the other side is another way to say 'instability'. It means that, in some level, one is insecure about self. What if we see the other side and like something that, at first sight, seems better than we have? Then, we would realize that it wasn't everything, but one would be beyond the point of no return.

Other than that, if it was just to see what's there without actually going for it, and if we found something that fits the last example, but we wouldn't be able to fetch it and see that it wasn't everything in the end, we would eventually grow disgusted of ourselves, which could lead into bad things.

Seeing the other side is not important. Important is to look around and see what's missing.

I wouldn't even bother to think about what would be of me if I was born in another time, as that person wouldn't be me in any aspects.
-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

Noelle

I have to disagree. Curiosity is not a direct route to insecurity, at least not universally. For some, it's a thirst for experience that's impossible to achieve in your lifetime. For others, it's a desire to escape their present lives. There is no 'one-size-fits-all' for motivation, and so the 'we' you're using, doesn't really apply to humanity as a whole.

Anyway, if I absolutely had to go choose a different era to grow up in, I think I'd be born in the 60's. I am really fascinated by the whirlwind of culture that developed through the 60's, 70's, and into the 80's and to see how that perspective might affect my thoughts/beliefs. A lot of movements, ideas, and concepts, especially artistically, blossomed in that span of 30 years, it would be pretty neat to be able to watch them evolve.