Interest Check ---- Supers RP?

Started by Decrepitdan, October 31, 2010, 07:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Decrepitdan

I've been wanting to do some sort of supers rp lately. Hopefully, if anyone's interested, something wacky.

I have very little in the way of an idea for a specific storyline or anything as such, I figure it's easier to make characters for such a game and then arc the storyline to the characters, as they will likely seek each other out due to their very natures anyway.

If anyone is interested, please create a short character synopsis including the following:

1. At least one photo of your character, preferably in costume if you can only find one...
2. Name of your character, along with their alias.
3. Status as Superhero, Supervillain or Neutral.
4. List of super powers. Please try to keep these from being godlike, as I intend to keep this rp a non system game.
5. List of Weaknesses. I must insist on at least one.
6. A short bio.
7. Your personal on's and off's that might relate to the story and what you'd like to see happen to, with and about your character!

Thanks in advance to any who are interested!

TheVillain

Will be watching this one, but need to see potential player dynamics before I commit.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

RubySlippers

http://fantasti.cc/user/elizaa/images/image/601771

Megan Smith [The Amazon]
Superhero

Powers
- Bullet Proof Skin [protects against any common or lower grade military issue bullets ,example typical sidearm rounds, and some protection from other forms of damage. Treat as padded kevlar covers all over her body for its protection]
- Flight [can fly at around 300 mph full clip]
- Heal Self [can recover from wounds and injuries, illnesses and the like at ten times the normal rate but this is not regeneration proper]
- Minor Magic [has some magical manipulation powers that are keyed to the four elements, this cannot directly do damage or affect an opponent using fantasy game terms these are cantrip/prestidigitation effects akin to what a mortal street magician could do with prepared tricks - gm has final say in the use of this]
- Pheromones [gives off potent pheromones that can beguile women to desire her, if not of exceptional willpower]
- Superhuman Strength [has strength above mortals and can lift as ten strong men can, around a ton with serious effort]

Skills & Talents
- General Athletics
- Iron Will [is just strong minded but more a discplined mind over a poer]
- Martial Arts [judo, karate]
- Performing [street busking - magic]
- Speak/Write Spanish

Weakness
- Gets her powers from the Ring of Juno she wears, without it is as any mortal woman even if fit.

Bio
  Born to a long line of magicians as in performers including her great uncle Houdini she wnt into the family business at eighteen a decent street performer. One day an old woman she helped from some muggers ,who was Juno in mortal guise, gave her a srange ring imbuing her with amazing powers. Since then she has taken up the call working as a successful street performer and fighting villiany in her spare time as The Amazon. She tends to get laid alot and is a superhero but loves to have fun to after all she saves some tart she should get lucky.

Ons/Offs: ONS Lesbian Sex (duh), OFF'S Hetrosexual Sex & Rape

Decrepitdan

Thank you for the interest you two.

RubySlippers, the super powers you listed all looked good, save the Bullet Proof Skin and Minor Magic. For something like bullet proof skin, you have to be very, very specific. It's okay to have that listed, but i'll have to insist that we nail down some things. Many things that stop bullets wouldn't stop say, needles or blades. That could be the case. Also, immunity to your average bullets fired by guns sounds fine, but it seems implausible to list immunity to military issue bullets. Armor Piercing rounds or High Explosive rounds are very, very difficult to resist.

The Minor Magic listing is fine, but we have to nail down all the things you can do, and not list it so vaguely. That way once the rp is progressing others have a complete understanding of what exactly the Amazon is capable of, even if their characters don't!

RubySlippers

Ok I noted treat the skin as padded kevlar for its effects so it might work on blades and the like if the user is not an expert, odds are a serious knife fighter would go for likely easy penetration points. But likely would offer ,offerall, some protection from most attacks likely total for average street firearms and much less for optical laser beams. And a superpowered villian with lots of strength could hit her and still hurt her it just might be lessoned somewhat.

Magic I noted its cantrips/presidigitation like magic using the four elements, but cannot directly be used in fighting. GM has the final say. I would think creating a hovering flame would be easy enough or cooling off her drink with a little mojo but she can't toss anything that could harm or affect an opponent. I meant it as a side power for the ring not that its a "P"ower. For that she tends to fly up and kick someone in the head.  :D

Are those changes fine?

I dont know

In his armor (ussual appearance):

Without his armor:

Thron Xoloss
Supervillian

Powers
- Fade [Becomes invisible. It takes about 5 seconds to completely blend with the environment. Lasts 15 minutes maximum. It works perfectly only when he is standing. When he moves the fade effect glitches and slightly reveals him]
- Distortion wave [Stomps the ground causing the air shatter, pushing away everything that is arround him. Size of the wave: 3m range, 1m height]
- Leap attack [Can jump up to 4m height and swing his blade with a powerful strike into an enemy. Powerful, but very unpredictable attack]
- Blaze [Run very fast leaving a trail of devastating flames behind. Doesn't last long: 1 minute max]
- Energy shield [Protects only from magical attacks, electricity and plasma weapon damage]
- Rapid punches [Using only his fists hits the enemy with very fast attacks]

Skills & Talents
- Athletic
- Intuition
- Close combat mastery
- Stamina [Can last longer than average man ;)]
- Trash talking [It's what he like to call it. It's a way to get in criminal world easier]
- Engineering
- Painting and playing piano

Weakness
- Water, since he can't swim.

Strenghts
-Witstands high electric power going through his skin

Bio
He was a noble and famous musician before he went crazy after his wife passed away from unknown disease. He became angry and depressed. Locked in his own house losing his mind, his friends left him. The doctors discovered that he had the same disease that his wife had, but they weren't able to tell what was it. Years passing by strange things started to happen. Disease had the opposite effect on him. It wasn't weakening him like his wife, the disease was making him stronger. His brains worked faster, but it didn't stopped the man from depression. He was still angry at himself for letting his own wife to die. He loved her very much. The only person who understood him. Now  he was changed. He wasn't himself andymore, he was turning into someone else, a monster. A monster that was in him. He stopped playing his piano and started to walk arround beating people senseless. He was angry at everyone. It wasn't just the loss of his wife it was the disease that corrupted him making him do things he would never do. He went underground and started to participate in fights with no rules. He made himself astonishing bad guy reputation there, he was known as a thron. By making contacts in underground he met a man who was a blacksmith, he made a special armor and a sword for him after Thron's request. Thron left the underground and moved to the abbandoned subway station where he would live by the day and haunt innocent people at night.

Ons/Offs: ONS - females, OFF'S Males.

Decrepitdan

Welcome, I Don't Know, your character looks fine as of right now.

RubySlippers, those changes are just fine. :) As a side note, you mentioned moving objects. I would say with a cantrip type affect you can levitate an object of no more than 5 lbs very, very slowly. So obviously there is no projectile use for the power, but one might be able to say...levitate keys from someone's belt, or surreptitiously disarm an officer of the law. ;)

jobe352

Hey everyone--looks like another great RP.

I'll be keeping my eye on this as well!

jobe352

Hey Decrep! :P

I'll be starting on my profile shortly...I'm thinking my superhero will be rather neutral!

Decrepitdan

Great! Neutral superheros are always fun. Especially those close to True Neutral. :D

Urbanzorro

I'm a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

lex87author

I'm intrigued by this one, I'm going to let somethings bounce in my head and see if a fun idea comes to mind.

I dont know

Quote from: Decrepitdan on November 01, 2010, 04:11:47 PM
Welcome, I Don't Know, your character looks fine as of right now.

Thank you. I didn't wanted to overpower this character and i thin i suceed it :)

Can't wait to get started. This RP looks intruiging.

Urbanzorro

Ok....so I actually had three different ideas that each demanded to be written up so I did ;D. I'm perfectly happy to play any one of them so I'm asking which if any of these would fit in best?

Name: Arthur Lancaster
Alias: Power Man
Brief Bio:
Arthur's father was Uther Lancaster, the original “Power Man,” and his mother was “Lady Light,” both of whom were rather popular heroes in their time who chose to retire. It seemed as if Arthur was set up to have a normal childhood. But that was not the case….when Arthur was only 6 years old one of his parents’ enemies, of which there were many,  chose to exact his revenge and in a single night made Arthur into an orphan. With no other family to take him in Arthur became a ward of the state. And as his powers began to manifest the young boy found himself unable to fit in with the other children at any orphanage he was placed in. At the age of 17 he left the orphanage in order to pursue ‘the family business.’

As a hero he maintained a secret identity, and served his city faithfully.  His secret identity was very much the secondary portion of his life. He had no wife, no child, few friends; he was not Arthur Lancaster who dressed up as Power Man to fight crime. He was Power Man who dressed as Arthur Lancaster when he was not fighting crime. The driving force behind his service to his city was simply the love of the people. Growing up without a real family and with few friends Arthur had never known much if any praise before he donned his cape and costume. But as Power Man everyone in the city was behind him, they loved him, he was a hero!

For years his life continued like this,and he was happy. But eventually it all came to a screeching halt. While battling his main criminal nemeses Power Man was placed in a do or die situation. And in a moment of instinctive action he wound up accidentally killing his enemy, and the hostage said enemy had taken. After the battle Power Man turned himself in to the police. He allowed himself to be jailed, and tired. It took months but eventually the courts rendered their decision. In light of the fact that he was acting in self defense, and that his actions saved the lives of countless citizens he was acquitted of the charges against him.   

A week after the trail Power Man attempted to return to the business of being a hero. But to his shock, and shame, he found that the public who had once adored him was no longer quite so friendly. Media reporters looking to make quick money had painted him as a celebrity criminal who had used his popularity to get away with murder.... 

He could not cope with the jeers, and boos that his name now attracted. He could not….and would not submit to being treated that way by the ungrateful masses! Something within him changed, he began to care less and less about the people he had once loved more than life itself. He began to see his abilities as gifts that should be used for HIS benefit. And it was not long before he turned his back on being a hero, and chose a darker path….

Powers/Weaknesses:
Power Cells: Arthur's body is different from a 'normal' human's on a cellular level. He possesses the same cells as any normal human would but in addition to these he possesses cells that act as generators for his body producing an excess of energy which manifests itself in several different powers.
Flight: The energy constantly flowing through his veins means that Arthur has a constantly high potential energy, one of the easiest things for him to do is convert this potential energy into kinetic energy which he uses to propel himself through the air. 
Superior Physique : All of Arthur's cells are saturated with energy allowing them to last longer and work harder than they ever should. This means that Arthur is quite a bit stronger and tougher than the average human being. (I'm thinking strength/toughness normally sitting around the level of Captain America)
Discharge: Arthur is able to expel the energy in his body in the form of electrical energy which blasts from his hands. But this ability is not perfect while Arthur is able to aim these blasts of lighting they still behave like lighting and have a tendency to swerve off course if they pass a strong enough conductor before their intended target.
Overcharge: Arthur's power is strongly linked to his emotional state as he becomes more angered his cells begin to produce more energy and his strength and the strength of his powers increases. (I'm thinking strength/toughness topping out somewhere along the lines of Mr. Incredible)
Overload: Should Arthur ever become truly enraged his cells' energy production has the potential to greatly outstrip his energy consumption. To the point that his body is unable to contain the amounts of energy coursing though his body and he begins to lose the ability to control the discharge of electrical energy from his body. In short he is unable to stop electricity from lashing out at any conductor around him until his energy levels are once again at a containable state.
Marital Status: Single
Children: None
Other Relatives: Deceased
Personality: Arthur has always had a reserved and controlled personality, he has always viewed his powers as more of a curse than a gift due to the fact that they force him to be outcast from the vast majority of humanity. For his time as a hero he forced himself to keep his emotions constantly in check but now he is just beginning to explore what 'letting go' feels like.
Education: High school degree & some college.
Other Info:

Name: Jacob Whitecloud

Alias (Supers only): None
Powers/Weaknesses:
The Old Ways: Jacob believes that his powers originate from his people's customs and his strict adherence to the ancient laws and customs of his people earning him the respect and patronage of the spirits around him. There are several scientific explanations for his abilities though without examining his body they can never truly become anything more than theories
Spirit Sight: Jacob possesses the ability to see the 'spirits' of other life forms allowing him to pick them out in the dark, at a distance, and even when blindfolded. Most scientists agree that he does this the same way a shark can sense the electrical current that runs though another animal's body. 
Spirit Warriors: Jacob believes that he is able to capture the soul of those enemies whom he defeats in one on one combat. He does this by taking a 'trophy' from their body. He believes that as long as he has said 'trophy' he is able to command their spirit which is trapped on earth and unable to go on to what lies after death until he has freed them. This practice is considered a punishment for the spirit of any human being and as such Jacob rarely captures the soul of a man or woman for fear of angering the spirits who grant him his powers. Some theories as to how he is able to create these apparitions range from manipulation of light waves to latent telekinetic abilities. He currently possesses two spirit warriors; The Wolf which is the long dead spirit of the first predatory animal Jacob ever killed with his bow. And The Gunman: which is the spirit of a human being which takes the form of a Confederate States of America field officer. Whether this is simply a shape Jacob gives said 'spirit' or it is really a confederate soldier is unknown.
Spirit Search: Jacob is able to gain knowledge from those he kills he believes it is from searching their souls for the desired information. The best scientific explanation is that his brain is somehow capable of copying the synaptic pathways of others after they have become inert.
Soul Eater: Upon the death of an enemy Jacob believes that he is able to absorb a portion of their power and life force into himself. In doing so he feels that it allows him to live a longer healthier life. He credits this ability as the reason he does not age. It is unknown whether this is an actual ability or simply a falsehood that his mind has created.
Weapons: Jacob carries a number of weapons which he uses to defend himself:
Composite Bow: Using a modern version of his ancestor's original weapons of choice is the closest Jacob will allow himself to come to using a firearm. He has been known to use several different forms of arrows ranging from explosive tipped, to armor piercing, to poisoned.
Hunting Knife: Jacob's secondary close combat weapon is a very sharp hunting knife perfect for silent kills.
Tomahawk: His close combat weapon of choice Jacob is very skilled and hard to defeat when using his tomahawk and hunting knife together.
Brief Bio: Jacob claims to be an immortal who is hundreds of years old, he claims to have been born before the European colonization of the new world and to have lived his way through history every since. Whether these claims are true, lies, or simply an indicator of his lack of a grip on reality is unconfirmed. What is confirmed is that Jacob is a man of native American descent,  practices  and believes in his people's "old ways,"  and possesses 'super powers' which he tends to use for personal gain.
Weaknesses

Personality: Jacob is a proud quite man, he speaks only when he feels something needs to be said. He is quite vindictive and has a tendency to seek revenge against anyone he feels has crossed him.
Education: Unknown.

Name: Maximilian Arturo 
Alias (Supers only): Fearmonger
Powers/Weaknesses: (Note: Powers must be reasonable)

Beyond Genius Level Intellect: Maximilian was born with a natural potential for knowledge that can best be described as 'super human' this is credited to his brain, which seems to operate much more efficiently than most human brains.

Photographic Memory: Max possesses a photographic memory everything he sees, hears, or reads he remembers with perfect clarity.

Natural calculation: Max can unerringly solve logic, math based problems, and determine probabilities without the use of tools, where as others solving the same problem would be unable to without the use of computers.

Instinctual Invention: Max has a near instinctual knowledge of how to design and build extremely advanced machines and weapons. He can mentally envision every part of his intended creation before he even picks up a single tool. This allows him to create his unique equipment and weapons.

Equipment:

Full Armor: A suit of powered body armor that Max constructed for himself. It offers him a high level of protection from most conventional forms of attack, as well as providing him with immunity to chemical based weapons. It also houses the ammunition his weapons

Claw: A large glove and wrist bracer which Max wears on his left hand. Each of the glove's fingers end in razor sharp blades. Each blade is capable of being coated with one of several chemical substances. The claw is connected to his armor and receives said chemicals from the storage tanks on Max's back.

Hybrid Rifle Using his mastery of all forms of science Max has designed and built, what for him is, the perfect weapon. The hybrid rifle is a combination of a sniper rifle  which fires armor piercing rounds and a chemical/flame projection system which is fueled by the tanks on his back and capable of firing any of the substances held within.

Chemical Tank: Max's chemical tank is a large unit stored on his back, it holds several different chemicals which are combined inside the tank before being used to fuel Max's weapons. This means that until they are being fired the chemicals inside his tanks are non-volatile and he is able to in effect carry several different chemicals at once.
- Napalm= Max uses this combination to wield his hybrid rifle as a powerful flame thrower
- VX-303= Based off of VX nerve gas VX-303 is a chemical of Max's own creation. It is an aerosol gas, when it is inhaled, VX-303 causes the pain receptors of the human body to fire making the subject experience extreme pain without ever suffering any physical damage.
- Hallucinogen = Another chemical creation of Max's this hallucinogen reacts differently with every subject it is introduced to. The subject can experience altered perceptions of reality, witness the fulfillment of their greatest desires, or their worst fears. The only constant is that the hallucinations are almost inseparable from reality until the gas wears off. The hallucinogen can be delivered as a gas or directly into the bloodstream as a liquid with the second option creating a more powerful effect.
- Molecular Acid= A highly corrosive acid which Max uses to literally melt away obstacles...and enemies. 

Weaknesses:

Human body: Other than his amazing intellect Max is no different than an average human being. He has trained his body well in order to keep himself strong but posesses no super strength or toughness above that of a normal human.

Brief Bio: Born the son of a highly successful stock broker, who was in fact a multi-millionaire,  Maximilian lived a life of privilege. Even from his youngest days his parents knew there was something special about their boy, he was so smart! To the outside viewer Max had a near perfect life, but what those on the outside didn't know was that Max hated his mother and father. He hated them for their lack of intelligence, for the fact that as long as they were in the way he would never reach his full potential they were in his eyes little more than ants standing in the way of an intellectual giant with their insistence that he only be promoted so many grades so quickly. When he was 11 years old, both of Max's parents died in a mysterious car crash. The boy showed little grief at their funeral, most people chalked it up to his being in shock. By age 13 Max had already graduated high school and was working on his first degree, by age 16 he had obtained degrees in chemistry, physics, engineering, and mathematics. Now at age 23 he has a PhD. in chemistry, and physics. He lives a comfortable life off of the money amassed by his father and wants for nothing. He works at the local college, as a professor of Ontology and Cosmology, as well as entry level Chemistry.
Personality:  Max looks down on the common man, seeing them as barely worth considering. He is very much a sociopath caring nothing for any harm he does. He enjoys experimenting on people, watching how they react to different situations. Particularly fear and ecstasy he uses his money to fuel his criminal carrier which he commits simply for the fun of it.
Education: Several College Degrees.
Other Info:

P.S. I'm up for just about anything and don't really have any offs.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

Decrepitdan

Lex, welcome - let me know if you have any questions or just need a sounding board for those thoughts.

Urbanzorro, any of the three characters seems fine for the roleplay - so i'd just go with your preference. However, make sure that whichever you choose has at least one weakness listed.

Dracoat

I'll say this is interesting, so I'll work on a character now. I dare say some balancing of the sexes would be nice. Anyone know some splendid ladies who delve in the supernatural?

*Update*
Ok, tell me what you think.
Suit may change if I find something that displays his power better.

Name: Adder Moorston
Alias: Powernetic
Bio: It's unknown exactly how he gained his power, but it became apparent he was gifted when he became 10. He starting lifting metal objects and building up ridiculous amounts of electrical energy without noticing it. A later incident which caused an elderly man's pacemaker to stop turned Adder into a recluse. He deemed that he would not re-emerge until he had control of himself. Years later he emerged into the world again. This time with a suit and a moderate level of control.
As a young 17 year old he had already matured into a quiet knowledgeable person. His time alone was spent in study and practice. Study to learn what he had lost in schooling and practice to forge himself into a weapon and shield. He grew up playing hero until he realized it was demanding and not very rewarding. He tried villain for 2 days, then decided it wasn't worth the trouble either.
Now as a full fledged adult he wonders around. He saves those in need that he comes across and steals whatever he needs to survive. He keeps a precarious balance between the two so as not to draw too much attention.
No one knows much of his childhood and only the people he comes across know he exists. He travels light and stays out of the public light as much as possible. All in all, he is seen as a legend, a myth, something to tell children as a bedtime story.
Powers:
Magnetic Field- A large area effect force field that can slow down any metal projectile. Can slow most small caliber slugs (Mainly small arms) enough to eliminate threat.
Lightning Shot- A burst of electric energy that shoots straight up from the ground. Only enough to stun or paralyze temporarily.
Mag Flight- Using the same force field centered under the feet, the body is repelled from the Earth itself. 40MPH or higher is unstable.
Static Arrest- Using a person's own body as a conductor the heart can be stopped with sufficient shock applied. Requires maximum concentration.
Static Revive- Opposite of static arrest.
Weaknesses:
Electronic Static- He can carry no electrical devices, unless they have heavy shielding from interference.
Static Loss- Upon using Static Arrest or Revive his power is severely drained, only allowing a weak shock that's uncomfortable to the receiver.
Horizontal Challenge- Lightning can only go up and branch, so no "Lightning chases" across the landscape.
Magnetic Distortion- Due to his limited understanding of his powers, his magnetic field is projected in a broad cone. No 360 protection, at least not yet.
Family: None
Traits: Stealthy, Socially Awkward, Wise
Other: His one entertainment is shocking people in a very small dose and watching their reaction. He does this quite often, and takes a fancy to hitting the intimate zones.

"Forgiveness may not change the past, but it opens doors to the future."

I've taken theOath of Drake!
Check out my Introduction!
O/Os
If I'm not posting on time please check my A/A!

Decrepitdan

Welcome Dracoat!

So far here's our listing of players:
Male Characters: III
Female Characters: I
Undecided: I Female and I Male

Obviously we need to balance out the sexes a bit before we begin.

What sort of feel is everyone looking for from the rp?

lex87author

Name: Joseph Solomon
Alias: Mainstay
Powers:
- Energy Conversion: Converts any energy source he can touch into power that he can use to power his Energy Blasts, Construct, or to boost the energy of other supers.
- Energy Blasts: A way to use energy he has converted, strength and longevity of the blast is dependant on the energy source he has used to generate the blast.
- Energy Construct: Can create temporary shapes and structures with the energy converted; the energy constructs will last only as long as he is able to power them.
- Power Sensing: Able to sense the powers of other supers that are in close proximity to him, he needs to have sensed a supers power in order to use his Power Bestowal on them.
- Power Increase: Can increase the strength of a super’s natural abilities after he has sensed them; needs to have physical contact with the super to increase their power.
Weaknesses:
- Energy Dependence: The only abilities that he can use without any outside energy to convert is Power Sensing; all other powers require him to convert an outside energy source to power his abilities.
- No Energy Storage:If he converts energy he must use it or allow it to dissipate or it will either cause harm to him if he doesn’t.
Personality:
Bio:   
Joseph Solomon first discovered his ability when he was a boy when he was able to draw raw electricity from a wall outlet to power a toy with dead batteries, he had been 5 when this happened.  When he was 7 he discovered the deadly side of his ability when he drew too much electricity and the resulting discharge killed his mother and his father then turned him over to foster care. For 11 years he bounced from foster home to foster home, secretly testing and learning more about his abilities. In the 9 years since he was released from foster care he has learned many other uses for his abilities and now he tends to work as a  man for hire, using powers to help in complicated energy needs and even as an emergency power converter. In his travels he has also learned that he has the ability to sense the power in others like himself, he has help many people learn of their powers before they were discovered accidently. He has also teamed up with other people with powers like his own and used his powers to boost their so they can accomplish difficult tasks. Joseph has tested his abilities, discovering he can create shapes and structures out of the energy he uses and has yet to find a type of energy he cannot convert to his own uses, though the easiest form of energy for him to use is electricity as it is the energy he is the most familiar with.

lex87author

Quote from: Decrepitdan on November 04, 2010, 10:18:23 PM
What sort of feel is everyone looking for from the rp?

Honestly I'm not really sure, I'm newer to the group style rps and supers being mixed in as well so I'd be open for pretty much anything.

Are we going to do a typical "superhero" storyline or would it be more fun to something a bit more real (i.e. Heroes-like)?

Urbanzorro

I'll be going with Arthur

Name: Arthur Lancaster
Alias: Power Man
Brief Bio:
Arthur's father was Uther Lancaster, the original “Power Man,” and his mother was “Lady Light,” both of whom were rather popular heroes in their time who chose to retire. It seemed as if Arthur was set up to have a normal childhood. But that was not the case….when Arthur was only 6 years old one of his parents’ enemies, of which there were many,  chose to exact his revenge and in a single night made Arthur into an orphan. With no other family to take him in Arthur became a ward of the state. And as his powers began to manifest the young boy found himself unable to fit in with the other children at any orphanage he was placed in. At the age of 17 he left the orphanage in order to pursue ‘the family business.’

As a hero he maintained a secret identity, and served his city faithfully.  His secret identity was very much the secondary portion of his life. He had no wife, no child, few friends; he was not Arthur Lancaster who dressed up as Power Man to fight crime. He was Power Man who dressed as Arthur Lancaster when he was not fighting crime. The driving force behind his service to his city was simply the love of the people. Growing up without a real family and with few friends Arthur had never known much if any praise before he donned his cape and costume. But as Power Man everyone in the city was behind him, they loved him, he was a hero!

For years his life continued like this,and he was happy. But eventually it all came to a screeching halt. While battling his main criminal nemeses Power Man was placed in a do or die situation. And in a moment of instinctive action he wound up accidentally killing his enemy, and the hostage said enemy had taken. After the battle Power Man turned himself in to the police. He allowed himself to be jailed, and tired. It took months but eventually the courts rendered their decision. In light of the fact that he was acting in self defense, and that his actions saved the lives of countless citizens he was acquitted of the charges against him.   

A week after the trail Power Man attempted to return to the business of being a hero. But to his shock, and shame, he found that the public who had once adored him was no longer quite so friendly. Media reporters looking to make quick money had painted him as a celebrity criminal who had used his popularity to get away with murder.... 

He could not cope with the jeers, and boos that his name now attracted. He could not….and would not submit to being treated that way by the ungrateful masses! Something within him changed, he began to care less and less about the people he had once loved more than life itself. He began to see his abilities as gifts that should be used for HIS benefit. And it was not long before he turned his back on being a hero, and chose a darker path….

Powers/Weaknesses:
Power Cells: Arthur's body is different from a 'normal' human's on a cellular level. He possesses the same cells as any normal human would but in addition to these he possesses cells that act as generators for his body producing an excess of energy which manifests itself in several different powers.
Flight: The energy constantly flowing through his veins means that Arthur has a constantly high potential energy, one of the easiest things for him to do is convert this potential energy into kinetic energy which he uses to propel himself through the air. 
Superior Physique : All of Arthur's cells are saturated with energy allowing them to last longer and work harder than they ever should. This means that Arthur is quite a bit stronger and tougher than the average human being. (I'm thinking strength/toughness normally sitting around the level of Captain America)
Discharge: Arthur is able to expel the energy in his body in the form of electrical energy which blasts from his hands. But this ability is not perfect while Arthur is able to aim these blasts of lighting they still behave like lighting and have a tendency to swerve off course if they pass a strong enough conductor before their intended target.
Overcharge: Arthur's power is strongly linked to his emotional state as he becomes more angered his cells begin to produce more energy and his strength and the strength of his powers increases. (I'm thinking strength/toughness topping out somewhere along the lines of Mr. Incredible)
Overload(Weakness): Should Arthur ever become truly enraged his cells' energy production has the potential to greatly outstrip his energy consumption. To the point that his body is unable to contain the amounts of energy coursing though his body and he begins to lose the ability to control the discharge of electrical energy from his body. In short he is unable to stop electricity from lashing out at any conductor around him until his energy levels are once again at a containable state.
Personality: Arthur has always had a reserved and controlled personality, he has always viewed his powers as more of a curse than a gift due to the fact that they force him to be outcast from the vast majority of humanity. For his time as a hero he forced himself to keep his emotions constantly in check but now he is just beginning to explore what 'letting go' feels like.
Education: High school degree & some college.
Other Info:

As far as a story line goes I'm up for anything.

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.

minerva7790

I'd love to join, if you're still accepting members!

Name: Unknown; she left her name behind when she left her old life ((unless you insist on knowing))
Alias: Monochrome, or 'Monokuro', as she is called in the place she called home.
Alignment: Chaotic good by virtue, True Neutral by choice, as you will see if you read her bio.
Powers: Time manipulation, mainly. But not just travelling far into the future or past. She can also move at the speed of light (since time travel by wormholes, is in fact moving at faster than lightspeed), almost like teleportation. This makes her a very fast fighter.
Weaknesses: Her vow of neutrality, which keeps her using her power to interfere with the balance of the world. And also the fact that the vow is contrary to her personality as a lady who does not like to see suffering.
Short bio: ((I'll think I'll keep this as brief as I can... Will expand if this get started.))
Monochrome was a PhD student in theoretical physics. She had a special interest in Minkowski space and the theory of existence of wormholes, although she did not think that they would be anything more than a dream. One day, by accident, she stumbled on evidence of the existence of wormholes, which made time travel possible. As she prepared to publish a paper on her findings, she slowly realised the consequences of time travel on the world. If the public were to be allowed access to this technology, there would be dire consequences, like the grandfather paradox! Fearing such a disaster, she began to believe that she was entrusted by a god or gods with the secret of time travel, to be its guardian. With this mindset, she quit her study, packed a small bag of belongings, and left her home. Her plans now are uncertain, though she has taken a vow of neutrality and will not use her power without just cause.
On/Offs: I'm going to say anything goes, because I can't think of anything right now!
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies

Xenolord

If you're still accepting people, I'd like to join.

Name: Melody Rae
Alias: Hardrock Hallelujah
Alignment: Reluctant Villain
Powers: Can summon and control (up to) 16 undead zombies. Although the more she summons, the more fatigued she becomes. She usually caps at 2.
Weaknesses: She's your average 19 year old girl. No special powers or skills. She's not invincible, bullets don't bounce off her, and when she's cut, she bleeds.
Bio: <Excerpt from the Reno Legislate Newspaper.> "The inhabitants of New Reno High School were found slaughtered today by what authorities are calling a 'brutal massacre'. The bodies of 1,345 students, 61 teachers and 189 faculty members were found slaughtered and, as one officer spoke, "eaten alive" by means of unknown origin. Reno Police Department Chief Markus Lore commented saying "It was like they just ate each other... but not... if that makes sense." One survivor was found surrounded by the corpses of fellow classmates. Melody Rae; 19, is currently recovering in the Reno State General Hospital, and exhibits signs of Mental Trauma, as well as fatigue. Due to her state, it is unlikely she is behind the slaughter."

Melody Rae was your average 19 year old 'gothic' girl. She went to school in Nevada until her entire school was found dead and eaten. One day, while listening to music in school, a singing demon was summoned to her school, and because she was an outcast like he, she was granted the powers to control the undead. For the full story, see her origin song. ((Because YouTube's being a prick, just search for 'Hardrock Hallelujah'. It's the first one. F-kin' YouTube.))
On's\Off's: Due to her age, she'll try anything.

Urbanzorro

My Idea Page
Things I Enjoy 
My Apologies.