Camp Crimson Lake - 1980s style slasher game

Started by RedEve, March 19, 2017, 09:09:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swashbuckler

Ha!

I imagine Bradley would not tarnish his perfect teeth with reddish goo.

Rachubka

Quote from: Mellific on March 27, 2017, 10:37:24 AM
Jessica has a car. This one to be exact:

So, although it would be a bit crammed, she'd be more than willing to offer rides. Perhaps it was pre-arranged by parents, or it could be an on the fly decision. Either way, Jessica is definitely the designated driver type. "Just don't forget to buckle your seat-belts!"

Shotgun!

Also, totes down for high school relationships! Like, RP-wise, I mean. Don't be weird.

I doubt Lori would run in Sheena's circles. Lori would probably know Sheena just by reputation alone. Jess and Lori may be ever-so-slightly more than acquaintances - they might borrow each other's leg warmers and Duran Duran CDs.

Mellific

Quote from: Rachubka on March 27, 2017, 04:23:17 PM
Shotgun!

Also, totes down for high school relationships! Like, RP-wise, I mean. Don't be weird.

I doubt Lori would run in Sheena's circles. Lori would probably know Sheena just by reputation alone. Jess and Lori may be ever-so-slightly more than acquaintances - they might borrow each other's leg warmers and Duran Duran CDs.

Did someone say Duran Duran?! Jess is in!

O/O | A/A | MM

Twisted iN Tux

Quote from: Swashbuckler on March 27, 2017, 12:08:29 PM
Or at the end of the road so he can walk the rest of the way (and Brad can toss a milkshake at him, etc)

Quote from: Mellific on March 27, 2017, 01:35:38 PM

Or maybe a slushie ;)

Quote from: Swashbuckler on March 27, 2017, 02:49:25 PM
Ha!

I imagine Bradley would not tarnish his perfect teeth with reddish goo.

I'm thinking protein shake, maaaaybe a milkshake, but, certainly never a slushie! NEVER!

Btw, this is exactly what Brad will be listening to as he comes rolling into camp:

https://youtu.be/AR8D2yqgQ1U

Rachubka

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on March 27, 2017, 04:44:24 PM

Btw, this is exactly what Brad will be listening to as he comes rolling into camp:

https://youtu.be/AR8D2yqgQ1U

Hahahaha. I'm crushing an 80s Spotify playlist in preparation.

Quote from: Mellific on March 27, 2017, 04:39:57 PM
Did someone say Duran Duran?! Jess is in!

Guess I should get on the gif response thing...

Mellific

LOL. I've totally been listening to 80's songs in preparation, too. That gif had me rolling for a minute, Rach.

O/O | A/A | MM

Rachubka

Darkwhysper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDveKxl7Ohs

This is more Reese's speed...:) You guys are cracking me up...:) Anybody from town would know Reese by reputation i.e. the kid who's dad died or whatever..and most would know about his dad, but the stories might be different...maybe one heard that he was killed...or kidnapped by aliens...or ran off and married a Bigfoot, you know how stories get distorted in a small town...and Reese would have used the old Chuck Taylor express to get there...not enough money for a car of his own...:)
Where's your will to be weird?   

~Jim Morrison

Ons and Offs

RedPhoenix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsbvo5GVK10

Sheena's Style. >:)

Quote from: Rachubka on March 27, 2017, 04:23:17 PM
Shotgun!

That makes sense. She's the bad girl that smokes behind the school and sneers at people who find who her mohawk anything other than awesome.

Can't believe she got stuck in a car with these yuppies!
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Rachubka

Quote from: RedPhoenix on March 27, 2017, 07:39:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsbvo5GVK10

That makes sense. She's the bad girl that smokes behind the school and sneers at people who find who her mohawk anything other than awesome.

Yuppies!? That's so mean. I think --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZIOkbrX_uU

FUCK. NA release was in Jan 1987. God forbid I break the RP by making an inaccurate song reference.

RedEve

So I would still love to add one female character. If you know of any player who might be interested in that role, please inform them!  :-)
"I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination."
My ons and offs- My F-list

Mellific

Quote from: RedPhoenix on March 27, 2017, 07:39:31 PM

Exactly why I was thinking it might be best if a carpool was pre-arranged, maybe by parental guardians or something. Unavoidable awkward carpool! I'm figuring that none of these youngsters are actually friends. Jessica's dad is a professor at the local University, and her mother is no longer around. I was thinking that this is her first time at the camp, as a counselor. Or, if that's too much to plan out, then maybe Jessica and Lori are acquaintances - enough that an offer to ride together wasn't TOO strange, and they happen to see Sheena hoofing it and recognize her from school?

O/O | A/A | MM

Swashbuckler

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on March 27, 2017, 04:44:24 PM
I'm thinking protein shake, maaaaybe a milkshake, but, certainly never a slushie! NEVER!

Probably not his first time hitting someone in the face with a 'protein  shake"....

>.>

Twisted iN Tux

EVERYONE will know about Bradley, whether they like it or not!

Being British Royalty in the 80's was, like, totally all the rage. Just saying. *smirk*

All joking aside, Bradley will probably seem vaguely familiar to more than a few of the characters, seeing that his face has indeed been splashed across more than a few unsavory tabloids, which they would've probably seen in their local supermarket checkout. Rumors abound as to why he is slumming it up in America and, worse still, in the backwater woods of east bumblefuck.

Quote from: Swashbuckler on March 28, 2017, 11:32:58 AM
Probably not his first time hitting someone in the face with a 'protein  shake"....

>.>

OMG. Ha! So true.

RedPhoenix

Quote from: Mellific on March 28, 2017, 10:33:07 AM
Exactly why I was thinking it might be best if a carpool was pre-arranged, maybe by parental guardians or something. Unavoidable awkward carpool! I'm figuring that none of these youngsters are actually friends. Jessica's dad is a professor at the local University, and her mother is no longer around. I was thinking that this is her first time at the camp, as a counselor. Or, if that's too much to plan out, then maybe Jessica and Lori are acquaintances - enough that an offer to ride together wasn't TOO strange, and they happen to see Sheena hoofing it and recognize her from school?

Her dad being a professor makes it easy, since Sheena just got a scholarship and she needs to do this as a community service to offset her juvenile record so daddy knows about that and tells daughter to give her a ride. :)
Apologies & Absences | Ons & Offs
I move the stars for no one.

Rachubka

I'm good either way when did comes to the carpool! I can work with either dynamic and am far too tired and lazy to provide genuine, helpful input.

Those magazine covers are fantastic. Haha.

Swashbuckler

points at Sheena

Ha ha! Nerd!

Oh........wait....

Mellific

Quote from: Rachubka on March 28, 2017, 12:26:33 PM
I'm good either way when did comes to the carpool! I can work with either dynamic and am far too tired and lazy to provide genuine, helpful input.

Those magazine covers are fantastic. Haha.

LOL, kidding. Love ya, mean it. :P

O/O | A/A | MM

Twisted iN Tux

Was doing a little research and came across this little snapshot of the year we're playing in. Pretty eye opening, if you ask me. Gas was a $1.10! Movie tickets were $2.50! You could buy a truck for 9k and a new house for roughly 86k! Wow, just, wow. Granted, the average income was 21k, so it's all relative, but still.

Bekah Boo

Quite excitedly curious and placing interest por favor ;3
*eyes Mellific wrangling me in again*

RedEve

Quote from: Bekah Boo on March 28, 2017, 03:43:59 PM
Quite excitedly curious and placing interest por favor ;3
*eyes Mellific wrangling me in again*

Send me a CS.  :-)

Bekah Boo

Quote from: RedEve on March 28, 2017, 03:45:00 PM
Send me a CS.  :-)

Will do after the daily work grind, prepare for a real basket case *giggles*

Rachubka

Quote from: Mellific on March 28, 2017, 12:59:33 PM

LOL, kidding. Love ya, mean it. :P

Murrrrrr. I'm in 4 hours of sleep. 😥

But, actually, thinking about it more, complete strangers works, aside from Sheena's general bad ass reputation. It will make the first few days more interesting and avoid the whole 'I'm obligated to hang out with you and only you because you're the only person I know because lol social skills' deal that can happen. I'd say the best way to get everyone in Jess's car is her pop voluntelliing her to pick up Lori after a discussion with Lori's folks and Sheena either gets hustled into it OR the whole college route. I ain't yo bosses.

Quote from: Twisted iN Tux on March 28, 2017, 01:48:39 PM
Was doing a little research and came across this little snapshot of the year we're playing in. Pretty eye opening, if you ask me. Gas was a $1.10! Movie tickets were $2.50! You could buy a truck for 9k and a new house for roughly 86k! Wow, just, wow. Granted, the average income was 21k, so it's all relative, but still.

Whoo! I barely make 1986 wages! In Canadian dollars! Yesssssssss.

Quote from: RedEve on March 28, 2017, 01:45:22 AM
So I would still love to add one female character. If you know of any player who might be interested in that role, please inform them!  :-)

Oh. Missed this. Maybe it's worth a change of title for the recruitment thread to draw attention to the fact that it's just one missing lady? I think all of my stalkers already know full quell that I'm here and if they haven't bothered to join yet, they won't.

Quote from: Bekah Boo on March 28, 2017, 03:47:15 PM
Will do after the daily work grind, prepare for a real basket case *giggles*

... oh. I already wrote my suggestion. I'm not deleting it. Eat it.

Hiiiii Bekah.

Bekah Boo

... oh. I already wrote my suggestion. I'm not deleting it. Eat it.

Hiiiii Bekah.   

Oh lord if it's not my sworn enemy again...
*clears throat*

I mean hiiiiiiii XD

RedEve

Bekah Boo's character has been added to the opening post.
My idea is now to start this game as quickly as possible, though probably not before Friday.