XP-Tan Story (Aka the Girl in Your PC)

Started by Laughing Hyena, October 12, 2010, 06:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laughing Hyena

Yeah you know her or at least have heard of her in the throngs of anime and geekdom.

Crazy as this is I'm currently seeking out someone of decent quality RPing on this form (preferably female mun) to RP out the virtual XP.

Whilst I do not have a instantly solid story line setup the basic mechanics is this.

Some kind of freak accident happens to the hopeless loser going through his typical day to day life of which his natural tendencies and lack of social graces leave him chatting with the virtual gal on the computer. However later on as he browses the web a rather freakish heat storm breaks over head which causes his computer to crash due to a power failure. Waiting out the storm in the dark he figures he's going to have to restart everything as usual or run a diagnostic. Oddly though the computer is not functioning when the power is back on.

Instead of however losing the computer and the software upon it due to the power strip, what happens instead is that it some how brings the XP girl into the physical world albeit as a spectral hologram. She is essentially a walking non interactive computer. With all the complications that a fully detailed personality can bring into a young college kids life. With this hilarity can ensue and a large bit of growing up. Materialized in the world as she is XP can essentially move about as any girl and whilst visible and capable of interaction socially she is essentially a self aware and holographic AI.

How the story unfolds can be many ways but I was thinking to set this upon a timeline with a certain deadline or conditions ending the story in different ways akin to the virtual novels and dare I say dating sims.

Possible Abilities for XP are...

Invisibility (So she won't bother the Master in a public situation that might prove troublesome.)
Networking (She has full control over her own computer systems and is capable as an AI of interacting with other systems in a more physical matter via means of entering cyberspace.)
Instant Transformation (She can often express herself by means of outfit attire or setting up backdrops behind her for either comical or not so comical effect. Also she can shrink to where she can sit in the palm of a human hand)
Avatar (She can effectively transmit herself into a simulation via a program. Example being should the master play a video game for some odd reason she can introduce herself into the game and interact on her own accord.)
Encyclopedic Data (She can essentially pull up any kind of information available to the network or download it personally should the need arise)

Possible Vulnerabilities for XP are..

Malicious Software (As usual she is an AI and computer software so it is quite possible she can be hacked, controlled, made ill from a virus or even deleted should her software defenses fail)
No Physical Body (Her lack of physical form means obviously she cannot touch, restrain, eat or similar acts. Not in the physical world anyway.)

Anyone who is interested in this should of course properly respond to this thread. And do not be afraid to ask questions, Im very friendly.

ReijiTabibito

Just to clarify, for my own benefit:

A - you are seeking someone to play XP-tan,

B - are you comfortable with her being played by a guy?

Laughing Hyena

Yes to the first and yes to the second. :-)