Historical Romance Novel Based RP (F for F)

Started by DaisyOtt, February 23, 2020, 08:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaisyOtt

I love historical romance novels. They are delightful, frivolous fun! I thought it would be so fun to write one as an rp. I would like someone who is very familiar with the genre and the tropes, and as the vast majority of romance novel readers are women, that's sort of what I'm expecting. But if you are a man or nonbinary romance lover who's stumbled across my post I'm down!

My favorite romance tropes are spinster or bluestocking/rake, badgirl/very-proper-gentleman, marriage of convenience, ugly duckling, love/hate, fake relationship, and being disguesed as a boy. I don't really like virginal, prim misses, wallflowers, kidnapping, cruel heroes, etc. I love a duke, I love a scandalous London season, and I adore angst and passion.

I want this to be super fun, creative, and sexy. I want it to be Regency or Victorian era. I'm looking for someone who really cares about writing and is committed to a good story.

For reference, my current favorite historical romances are Lord of Scoundrels, The Luckiest Lady in London, Slightly Dangerous, Silk is for Seduction, and Dreaming of You. Message me with your favorites!
Ready to write again! Limited availability.