News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Looking to restart 2 old roleplays

Started by NileGoddess, January 03, 2010, 03:34:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cere

Let's look at some options...all can be thrown away...

NileGoddess - she needs access to all her wondrous helpers...could be that she is somewhere deep below the sand dunes in her  palatial lair...made in secret, killing all workers afterwards, during her initial reign and built for purpose.

We have the locations of all players...

First to visit Cleo should be Michael...he will be subject to her desires and fall (potentially) under her spell

He is used to then guide her henchmen to her next victims, pairs would be nice, who are spirited back from wherever they are (in some way) to the lair...for training/submission.

Is this on the right track?

** Light is life.  Dark is divine!  **
  ~Ons and Offs of import~        ~Away times~

"The secret to living a good life is honesty and fair play.  If you can fake these, you've got it made!"  Groucho Marx

Snow Cherry

That is a good possibility of how we can start. It gives Cleopatra her own private, comfy chambers to do as she pleases in.

I was thinking more along the lines of her waking up from her sleepy slumber inside the museum where they had transported her for research and preservation. Somehow she grabs our characters and takes them, already knowing that they were the descendants of those who had wronged her a long time ago.

Of course, like Cere said, this can easily be thrown away. We are just brainstorming here.   :-)

cere

Me again! Tell me to shut up if I get too boringly loud.

I like the idea of Cleo waking up in the Ancient Egypt section of The British Museum...when the chains rust (btw...they wouldn't have rusted had they remained in the desert...tsk!) the Queen's defensive charm is awakened...and this transports her to the safety of the lair, where all her trusted slaves have been embalmed for reawakening. 

Cleo could take her time exercising Michael's powers of resistance but she gradually comes to know about Facebook, Google and 'Family Tree' through him and thus learns the whereabouts of the others.  She could then send them each a powder in a casket by mail. Upon opening the casket, the charmed powder flies in their face, whereupon they hypnotically make their own way to the lair.

...over to you...:-)

"The secret to living a good life is honesty and fair play.  If you can fake these, you've got it made!"  Groucho Marx

jiggles

I think you're on the right track here. I would prefer the museum setting as well. From our shared professions should we assume the characters all know each other, to some extent?

Drivestort

cere

Quote from: jiggles on January 11, 2010, 10:06:07 PM
I think you're on the right track here. I would prefer the museum setting as well. From our shared professions should we assume the characters all know each other, to some extent?

Indeed...by reputation and coincidental meeting. Kate and Josh have an opportunity in to meet accidentally late one night in the archives. Even attendance at one of Josh Nakhti's lectures, premeditated by an uneasy feeling, nightmare perhaps, premonition of an evil awakening?

NileGoddess

Having Cleopatra waking up in a museum or a warehouse was what I had in mind. Instead of giving her a legion of servants though, I was thinking of having her work back from square one. The way I see it, she was all powerful back in her time, blessed with immortality and such, until she got careless, whether out of pride or cunning of the descendants, and she was sealed away. When she wakes up, she will seek to restore her power, and take revenge on those who sealed her away. Since that was thousands of years ago, she will have to settle on their bloodline. With them out of the picture, she can begin to turn the new world into her world.

We could start it like I initially thought of. The researchers get too eager with Cleopatra's remains, and the spell is disturbed. Late one night, the spell breaks and she rejuvenates. We can have one of the members investigate, preferably Michael. He would know ancient Egyptian and is not affiliated with those who sealed her. She seduces him, and he becomes her pawn to manipulate. Through her powers, she would gain knowledge of the new world. We could say she is drawn to the ones who sealed her, so finding them won't be hard. It seems too convenient to have them all work in the same place, but from what I read from the profiles, we could have them all come from different parts of the world, maybe a ploy to lure them close to her?

jiggles

cere

Quote from: NileGoddess on January 11, 2010, 10:22:37 PM
Having Cleopatra waking up in a museum or a warehouse was what I had in mind. Instead of giving her a legion of servants though, I was thinking of having her work back from square one. The way I see it, she was all powerful back in her time, blessed with immortality and such, until she got careless, whether out of pride or cunning of the descendants, and she was sealed away. When she wakes up, she will seek to restore her power, and take revenge on those who sealed her away. Since that was thousands of years ago, she will have to settle on their bloodline. With them out of the picture, she can begin to turn the new world into her world.

We could start it like I initially thought of. The researchers get too eager with Cleopatra's remains, and the spell is disturbed. Late one night, the spell breaks and she rejuvenates. We can have one of the members investigate, preferably Michael. He would know ancient Egyptian and is not affiliated with those who sealed her. She seduces him, and he becomes her pawn to manipulate. Through her powers, she would gain knowledge of the new world. We could say she is drawn to the ones who sealed her, so finding them won't be hard. It seems too convenient to have them all work in the same place, but from what I read from the profiles, we could have them all come from different parts of the world, maybe a ploy to lure them close to her?

Great! That all sounds deliciously feasible. The Queen will set up a new base...perhaps in Mayfair...the most exclusive part of London?  A mansion perhaps, belonging to the Royal Family but now belonging to a different Queen??

Snow Cherry

Everything sounds great!

I do have a question though, what will the rest of us players do while Cleopatra and Michael are playing out the prologue? Should we wait or should we lightly play some interaction between our characters in the background?

NileGoddess

Some interaction would be appropriate. We could break up the time line a little bit for convenience. If it is indeed Michael who sends out some sort of invitation for a conference or lecture, under the command of Cleopatra it would be natural for the others to meet ahead of time.

cere

It seems like we have a way forward.   XD

~Cere dusts off his sphynx paperweight ~

NileGoddess

So Michael will be in the museum at night when Cleopatra awakens, that is a given.

Since Josh is a respected professor, he could be giving a lecture like cere said. Andrea could attend, since she wants to impress the big wigs. Maybe Kate could be there for the same reason? Then as the story progresses and once Michael is Cleopatra's slave, she could draw them all in one at a time or in pairs.

cere

I'll be happy to arrange the lecture and post following your's and Michael's prologue...perhaps my dear NileGoddess you will let me know when?

:D

Snow Cherry

I am a little dense sometimes...   :P  ...please forgive my dumb question. I like instructions, I don't like to guess at things lol!

1 - Alrighty, NileGoddess and Drivestort are going to start up the roleplay amongst themselves and create the scene/prologue.

2 - Cere is going to have his character call a meeting of some sorts that will bring the rest of the characters together for them to meet each other.

My question is this -

Do we do these two things at the same time in the same thread and then come together afterwards when Cleopatra is ready to draw them in?

Or, do we do them seperately with the prologue being roleplayed first and then when that is done the meeting is called, at which when that is done Cleopatra draws them in?

NileGoddess

To be honest, whatever works best for everyone. I would hate to start a roleplay and have everyone sit and lose interest. We could make two separate threads, one being the museum, the other being somewhere else, and me and Drivestort could begin there. At the same time, in a separate thread, you all could continue, so you're not left behind.

Snow Cherry

jiggles

I would definitely be in support of interaction between the other characters at the beginning, whether in a separate thread or in the same one with clear separation. It would give everyone time to feel out their characters and establish relationships with each other.

cere

So...here's a little straw man for the lecture...again, all can be scrapped or changed...

Lecture is in a hotel in London...place to be finalised

Josh will present on say, the analysis of ancient script recorded during Queen Cleopatra's reign

Attendees will include Kate and Andrea

Possibilities...

Andrea and Kate are coincidentally seated next to each other in the front row

Both are disarmingly attractive to Josh

His opening remarks lighten the mood of the class, involve the group and make reference to mistranslations such as the term "Mummy's Boy".  Indeed, the Nubian's, a name derived from the root 'nubile' were the real Mummy's Boys in Queen Cleo's time, and were richly endowed...and so on...I can work on this.

Kate, looking for any possibility to take a dig at Josh, then makes a giggling aside to Andrea about the rumour of Josh's tattoo, which gives them an opening for a friendship

Perhaps, after the lecture, the lift back down to the lobby is full and this gives the girls even more opportunity to poke fun or even feel up Josh?

Am I making any sense?  Does anyone have any other ideas that may work to bring them all together?

jiggles

This rough sketch seems fine to me, if everyone agrees it's in keeping with the spirit of the game. I wouldn't want it to go too far, though, before everyone comes together for the main event.

Snow Cherry

To me that sounds like a great plan Cere.

I do agree with Jiggles that we should not let things go too far in the lift (if it comes to that) before the main event with Cleopatra too. It will be fun just playing around and getting a feel for our characters and establishing minor relationships with one another.

So I guess we can start up our thread as soon as we have the GM's permission, NileGoddess. We have a pretty good idea how to get this ball rolling now.   :D

cere

Quote from: NileGoddess on January 12, 2010, 06:11:34 PM
To be honest, whatever works best for everyone. I would hate to start a roleplay and have everyone sit and lose interest. We could make two separate threads, one being the museum, the other being somewhere else, and me and Drivestort could begin there. At the same time, in a separate thread, you all could continue, so you're not left behind.

So NileGoddess and Drivestort have the British Museum thread and Cherry, jiggles and myself will have the Waldorf Hilton, London thread. I have a post ready for the Waldorf...so, as Dickens said in David Copperfield..."Barcus (that's me) is willing!"

One more thing...NileGoddess...ahem...just because I've been a little pushy here, please don't think your tyrannical Queen can make life harder for my Josh..ok?  (Oh dear! Perhaps that wasn't a wise statement to make under the circumstances!)  :-X

Drivestort

Quote from: cere on January 13, 2010, 05:59:07 PM
One more thing...NileGoddess...ahem...just because I've been a little pushy here, please don't think your tyrannical Queen can make life harder for my Josh..ok?  (Oh dear! Perhaps that wasn't a wise statement to make under the circumstances!)  :-X

It's okay buddy, we know you want it either way ;)

jiggles

Sounds perfect to me - I'll join in on our pre-story when it's posted.

NileGoddess

Okay, Drivestort, I will send you a PM and we can chat about the details. I also might set up an OOC thread so we can stop bumping this thread.