Ya know...with all this talk of Gay marriage and stuff, and it not being legal,

Started by Wolfy, August 13, 2010, 12:46:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

That illustrates the importance of leaving a will, more than anything else.  I realize that most of us are still young enough that we don't like thinking of such things, but having a will means you can decide who gets what of your belongings - family or not, legal spouse or not.

With a will, you don't have to leave anything to either your spouse or your family.  You can choose to leave the entire thing to charity if you want.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Wolfy

Yeah..but still..taking everything..pictures, albums, everything inside the house went to them instead of him.

I just..can't Fathom how people can be so..evil. o3o

Neroon

It's because of selfishness, Wolfy.  I believe that the root of all evil is not, as the Bible  would have it, the love of all money but rather selfishness.  Selfishness leads to pride, to greed and to a lack of empathy and therefore comapassion for others.  All of these things together vring about those actions that I would consider to be evil.

So in the case you're thinking about; selfishness led the people you're talking about to want to keep their memories of their relative pure and so to achieve this, they denied his lover his memories.  Not to mention that greed gave them a powerful motive for denying him everything else too.
Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

My yeas and nays     Grovelling Apologies     Wiki
Often confused for some guy

fallen paradise

It is also the best argument for Civil Unions - because Wills can, and are, contestable.
I am a jerk, but I am a sweet, caring, sensitive jerk.