Hyborian Age(Conan Setting) - <Full> (Extreme, N/C, Freeform)

Started by Moraline, May 09, 2013, 03:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moraline

Warning about the world of Conan - Hyboria
WARNING about the world of Conan. This world is violent and barbaric.

Women are rarely warriors and those that choose the life will face constant challenges. Women are most often treated as breeders, care givers, slaves, wenches and whores. (Players that choose female characters are free to choose their roles/classes.)

Players are expected to be somewhat more tolerant for female warrior comrades but may treat other women with much less respect. (Of course, if a player wishes to be more respectful to women that is encouraged as well but don't expect all players to share those views.)

Although players will not play magic character there maybe necromancy, blood, non-consensual sex acts, and torture to both characters and NPC's.

"As he came into the waist the crew thronged about him -- Zingarans, all of them, half naked, their gaudy silk garments splashed with tar, jewels glinting in earrings and dagger-hilts." -- Robert E. Howard: "The Pool of the Black One"
QuoteZingara
The Black and Thunder Rivers flowed through Zingara and emptied into the Western Ocean along the Zingaran coast. The shallow Alimane River formed the border with Poitain.

Along the Pictish frontier there were thick woodlands and a spur of the Poitainian Mountains. The Rabirian Mountains ran along the Alimane and separated eastern Zingara from the kingdom of Argos. A ghoul-haunted forest, with an ancient, ruined city, divided Zingara from Argos in the south. There were also "fiend-haunted swamps".
The harbor of Kordava

The nation was founded by people who were an admixture of Zingg Valley folk (said by Howard to be possibly of Shemite origin), invading Picts, and Hyborian tribes. Most historians place the Zingarans among the Hyborian peoples.

The Zingarans were apparently agricultural, maritime, and pastoral, ruled by petty princelings only nominally subservient to the capital of Kordava. During Conan's time, Zingara was torn by civil war.

Conan commanded a privateer of Zingara for a time, before becoming king of Aquilonia. His royal successors had no trouble annexing the nation, but the proud Zingarans never ceased to rebel. They threw off Aquilonian rule when the Empire was distracted by wars with Nemedia.

• Population: 2,300,000
  • Capital: Kordava (pop. 280,000 -- sits at the mouth of the Black River, and has one of the finest harbors on the Western Ocean)
  • Ruler: King Ferdrugo
  • Major cities: Jerida (pop. 50,000)
  • Resources: Shipping, sugar, wine, leather manufacture, and tin
  • Imports: Trade goods from the entire Thurian continent
  • Allies: The Zingarians' haughty manner and domination of the sea have made them few friends, although their privateer captains have made all the coastal nations respectful
  • Enemies: Argos
  • Tech level: Dark ages
  • Religion: Mitra (halfhearted), Ishtar, Bel (minor cults)
Map:
Welcome to the mouth of the Black River on the Western Sea and the coastal capital city of Kordava...

As players you will be a band of adventurers, buccaneers, reavers, and mercenaries brought together from all over the Hyborian world.

Most recently you served in a small border skirmish for the Kordava capital army. It was a short lived conflict where you served on the frontlines. The battle was bloody and most of your numbers were slain as is often the case for the mercenaries but you were victorious.

Now you are settled with a small amount of coin in your pocket, a decent set of arms/equipment, and a room each in a small waterfront inn/tavern that has been paid for the evening.  There is ale in hand as well as a hot meal. Where you go next will be up to you...

Your choices...

- The ships at the port beckon with the promises of high seas adventure, looting, pirating, and the beautiful dark skinned women from the southern waters.

- To the wild north lay the deadly forests of the savage cannibal Picts where tales of ghost haunted temples made of gold await. The Black River will take you into the heart of darkness.

- To the east is the mighty Kingdom of Aquilonia and it's legendary King Conan. The Aquilonian's patrol the borders along Zingara heavily and often skirmish with border kingdoms in Zingara - alternating seizing control. Most are allowed to travel here in Aquilonia but an armed group of men will most likely be pressed or offered to serve in the Mercenary forces. Aquilonia is deeply engaged in open war with the Nemedian empire.

(A group of adventurers - Players may choose their own images for characters. Image is here to give an idea of what a typical band of raiders may look like.)

IMPORTANT! Must Read - Answer to FAQ's

Game:

• Section the Game will be placed in and whether it is a system game or not.
    Game will be in the Extreme section due to Non-Consensual sexual acts and violence (Possibly containing bloodshed as well as scenes of torture.)  The world of Hyboria is a place of violence, slavery, barbarism, dark magic, demons, and necromancy.
    Not a system game, although there will be character sheets and occasional random rolled GM tables etc.. for encounter
  • Who is the RP open to?   
    Open by application of character post here. Player must possess a minimal working knowledge of the Conan setting.
  • Short Summary of Player Roles and General Story/Plot.   
    Players will be part of a group of adventurers that are also a mercenary company. Our story will open in a city port of Zingara. Zingara is a region along the coast famous for it's feuding Princelings and it's naval fleet. Zingara also openly supports a vast array of buccaneers(pirates).
       The players don't need to have a lot of knowledge about the world because most people in this age know little of the world outside of where they were born or where they currently are. The players may come from all regions of the world but are brought together under the banner of a Mercenary band.
  • Setting.   
    The world of Conan's Hyboria, beginning in Zingara on the coast. Reference only: The time frame will be roughly after the story, "The Hour of the Dragon" (the time frame setting of the Age of Conan MMO.)
  • Plot Outline.     
    Mercenary band in search of wealth, women, and adventure.
  • Character creation info/guidelines if any.   
    See character sheet for further information.
  • Required Resources (If any) (If a system game - What books(ver.) or links to information needed such as an online guide or wiki?)     
    Non-System game but here's a website where lots of information/images will be taken from:  http://hyboria.xoth.net/
  • Game Pacing.     
    This will be a 1 post (or more) per day game. (see Game Master Info / GM(s) Participation Level below for further details)
  • How much sexual activity is likely to occur or expected, if any?   
    The game itself will be run on adventure but graphic depictions of sexual acts will be present and maybe in as much detail as the players wish in threads off the main thread. (I'll create private threads for people when needed.)
  • Whether tagging will be used or not.   
    Yes, I will post a tag example when game time comes.
  • How NPC's will be handled. (If any)     
    Minor NPC's (non-central) maybe controlled by players when desired to write scenes. Main/Central NPC characters will be controlled by the GM(s).

Game Master Info / GM(s) Participation Level (If/where applicable)

• Will there be a Co-GM?
    Possibly but undecided at this time. Please don't ask to be a Co-GM. I will approach you or advertise for one when desired.
  • How guided will the play be(sandbox, directed etc)?
    Largely sandbox there will be direction for specific adventures(such as quests and occasional encounters).
  • How NPC's will be handled. (If any) - (By GM and/or players, and what expectations)
    Minor NPC's (non-central) maybe controlled by players when desired to write scenes. Main/Central NPC characters will be controlled by the GM(s).
      As a side note: Getting hacked to death with a bladed weapon is a horrific and painful way to die. No one in their right mind will just randomly jump/gank NPC's for funtimes and giggles. Even an ordinary peasant in this world is likely to carry a rusty dirty knife that they can stick you with. So while you may think your character is a badass swordsmen there is the distinct possibility that a small cut from such a knife could result in a painful agonizing slow death from infection.
      Also, make note that I don't kill off characters as a rule but if you do something stupid like jump the city guard or kill someone out in public then I'll NPC your death and write your character out of the game.  So, unless the current story line requires you to do something stupid, it's best that you watch your step. (PS: Attacking 20 foot demons with armor plated skin is also usually a bad idea unless you got lots of help.) If your in doubt about whether to do something then ask in the OOC chatter thread about it.
  • How active will the GM be?   
    I'll be checking the threads everyday and most likely posting everyday with only the occasional couple days off here and there. (I have a few upcoming weekend trips planned over the next several months.)
  • Will there be an OOC thread? (expectations of thread usage)
    Yes, please use it to freely discuss anything OOC - friendly chatter and/or game planning here. Also BOLD any questions you have for me when posting to it or I might miss it. I'll be sure to quote the question in my reply which I will post.
  • How to contact/approach GM with questions? (use OOC thread, direct PM, etc...)
    All contact should be done in the OOC thread unless otherwise requested and make sure to BOLD any questions you have.
  • How will decisions be resolved?   
    GM has final say in absolutely everything. Word of warning: I have no patience for arguing or negativity. I prefer constructive positive conversation.
  • Will PvP be allowed (if applicable)?
    This is not a PvP game but if two players wish to fight each other then they may ask for permission in the OOC thread and I will discuss it. If the players don't have a predetermined outcome for the PvP then I will set up a simple random way to determine the winner as I see fit.
    (Players will NOT argue or question the outcome and how it's determined. Be prepared to not like the results. I may or may not decide to weight the battle in favor of one or the other depending on the circumstances and those involved.
    Ex: One player is drunk the other is not; or one has a sword and shield, the other has only a dagger. I will weight the outcome for the sober man or the one with the sword and shield more favorably in most situations.)

Additional:

• Player Oath "The Oath of the Drake" (click me).   
    Read it and post at the bottom of your character sheet, "I agree to and understand The Oath of the Drake". Failure to do this will mean that I will not even consider your application to join the game. Yes, this is a test to see if you read all these points or not.
  • A note to Respect Other players (Offs etc..)    
    Before engaging in any sexual activities with a member of the group please take a moment to look at their On/Off's and ask them either via PM or via OOC chat for their permission to proceed. Do Not God Mod that person unless they expressly give you permission.
    Important Note: While this game allows Non-Con, you MUST get the other player's permission before proceeding with the scene.
  • Player Participation Expectations. (Posts/week expected. Methods for reporting a possible absence/The method used to remove drop-outs from the game.)   
    Minimum 1 post per day at least 4 days a week. That means you most post to the game 4 out of every 7 days. OOC thread does not count.
    If you are going to be absent for a period of time greater then 3 days, please post in OOC thread in BOLD.
    Whether you have posted about an absence or not, I will NPC a character out of a scene after 3 days of non-posting so that other players may continue to progress with the game. It is suggested that if you are going to be absent for more then 3 days that you write your own character out of the scene (Ex: Make your character go take a nap or get a fever or something.)
      Failure to advise of an absence of more then 3 days will result in the group assuming that you are not returning. If you do wish to return please contact me via PM to request re-entry into the game. Life happens and I understand - no hard feelings but please understand that I have to keep the game moving forward with or without your character.
      PS: All it takes is a quick OOC post to say "Going away for a week." (BOLD it to make sure I see it.)
    Main Threads Post Sizes:  I expect posts to be more then a 1 line but no longer then a few paragraphs. Ideally they should be a couple paragraphs. We are looking for a few details to paint the scene but no novel length posts. I will ask people to lengthen or shrink future posts when I see fit. We are trying to avoid short posts that can't be worked with, while also avoiding posts that take a long time to read.
      Side thread posts where the posting only involves a couple members maybe as long as those players wish. Example: might be a drawn out scene of intimacy between two players or long conversations with them in private.
  • Discuss how new players will be brought into the game (if the game is already running.)    
    To be determined on an individual basis. I usually go with as simple as possible. Players are expected to make the transitioning welcoming to new members.
  • What Writing style/POV. (Third person, first person, past, present, omniscient, etc...)     
    Third-person singular (he/she)

Please post characters and interest/questions in this thread.

Character Sheet (Contains Information on Character Creation and the Races of Hyboria)

<Note: Only one character per player for now>

Click select then copy the highlighted text. Sheets that do not have the correct bolded sections will be rejected.
[float=right] <insert image code here - set image height=300 and please resize overly large images>  [/float]

[b]Character Name[/b]:
[b]Player[/b]:
[b]Country of Origin[/b]:  <and nationality if different from country of origin> < http://hyboria.xoth.net/races/human_races.htm >
[b]Deity(s)[/b]:  <see races link above for common deities for differing regions>
[b]Sexual Orientation[/b]:  <example: Hetero (bi-sexual tendencies) >

[b]Age[/b]:
[b]Height[/b]:
[b]Weight[/b]:
[b]Eyes[/b]:
[b]Hair[/b]:
[b]Distinguishing Features/Markings/Scars/Tattoos[/b]:

[b]Class/Skill Background[/b]:  <No magic, magic is rare and usually considered something to be feared>
<Example backgrounds, Warrior, Soldier, Gladiator, Pirate, Knight, Barbarian, Ranger, Calvary, Hunter, Thief, Assassin, Battle Field Medic, Shaman(herbal healer and spirit guide), Whore, Slave, Cook, Blacksmith, etc...>
<Add notes for 2 or 3 specialty skills. Ex: Calvary are expert mounted fighters, Thieves are expert lock picks and pick pockets, Assassin's are good with poisons, etc...  Please keep your class/background selection limited to just one or two skill sets.>

[b]Weapons Specialties[/b]:  <Please only pick 1 or 2 - These maybe in addition to any Class oriented specialty skills, limit the skills please>

[b]Weapons[/b]:  <Your time with the Kordava capital army recently has allowed you to take 2 weapons with you (a shield maybe one.)>

[b]Armor[/b]:  <The army allowed you to walk away with 2-3 pieces of armor, please keep in mind that you have to wear it to carry it, metal makes a lot of noise, and will cause you to struggle/drown if in deep water>

[b]Equipment/Supplies[/b]:  <Again your time with the army has allowed you to walk away with a small sack worth of poor quality supplies. A skinning knife maybe included here if desired.>
<Example equipment might include: skinning knife, 20 ft of thin rope(holds 1 person), some dried rations(jerky,fish,hard bread,cheese), a change of clothes(rough sewn), water/wine skin,... anything small - roughly/poorly made, etc... Must fit into a small backpack sized sack.>

[b]Personality Traits[/b]:  <basically any special personality quirks that might be out of the ordinary>
[b]Racial Animosities[/b]:  Y/N <if so against which race>
[b]Phobias[/b]:  Y/N <if so of what types>

[b]Bio & Notes[/b]:  <Don't forget to read the FAQ's>

When I was a fighting-man, the kettle-drums they beat,
The people scattered gold-dust before my horses feet;
But now I am a great king, the people hound my track
With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back.

-- Robert E Howard, "The Road of Kings"

Age Of Conan - Old Tarantia - Capital of Aquilonia

Players signed up so far with Characters

Female Characters

Male Characters
We are still recruiting and willing to accept anyone.
(Open to any gender & sexual orientation)

PM me if you have a concept you'd like to talk about. I like creative original concepts. You don't have to be a warrior to play in the game.

A note about magic, the supernatural, and you: (For the rare occasion when it's encountered in game)

These things exist in the world and everyone knows it but few have seen them. People know of tales of the dead walking, or flying demons. Dark witches that spill blood to cast incantations and burn men alive.

Your character would have grown up on tales of gods and goddesses, demons, cannibals, and creatures lurking in the shadows.

However, regardless of the stories that your character has heard or the bravery they display in battle, nothing is quit like going face to face with a horror straight out of a nightmare. The tales your character was told as a child were designed to terrify young ones into listening to adults and following in their various deities teachings. These lessons are ingrained in your culture and belief systems.

(NOTE: No magic player characters)

The combat experience and you...:

My expectations for players are simply that they will recognize the fact that although they maybe great swordsman/whatever but when they are fighting there should be a sense of desperation in their response. A realization that getting hurt means pain. ...as long as players recognize and give proper response to the reality of combat I'm okay with it.

Consider your combat experience as above average but you are not Conan and all combat should be approached with caution in mind. Respond to combat as though every action and re-action is potentially life and death (or at least potential agonizing pain.)

What I'm saying is just that your characters should think before they act and treat actions as having consequences.

Characters should always be aware of the risks and the pain of battle. They should act like fighting is a gritty visceral thing and not a matter or rolling dice or dropping in flowery words of victory. So while it might be easy to beat up a street urchin, it's still a dangerous proposition with risks that need to be considered accordingly.

(Obvious acceptations are friendly practice duels and casual drunken brawls. Who doesn't love a good brawl?! *smashes a chair over someones head* )

Clickable Thread Links
Weird Tales <Main Thread IC>
Chronicles (IC)
Mercenary Company (Character Sheets)
The Leaky Wench of Kordava (IC)
OOC Lounge

vin26m

Second draft.  Let me know if you need anything changed, added or deleted.  Thanks for running this!  I love the Conan and Red Sonja comics, and have always wanted to play a Conan-like character.

Character Name:  Cormac
Player: vin26m
Country of Origin:  Cimmerian
Deity(s):  Crom

Height: 6'6"
Weight: 245 lb.
Eyes: Green/brown
Hair: Dark brown
Distinguishing Features/Markings/Scars/Tattoos:  Cormac usually wears a full beard and ties back his long hair.  He has scars on his forehead and left cheek, and tattoos resembling bear claw marks on his shoulders and chest.

Class/Skill Background:  Barbarian/Warrior.  Blessed with great strength and agility and having grown in the hills of Cimmeria, Cormac is excellent at climbing, hunting, and moving without being detected. 

Weapons Specialties:  Cormac works best with edged weapons, particularly swords.  He can use a bow but prefers to use projectile weapons for hunting instead of combat.

Weapons:  Bastard sword and shield.

Armor:  Light chainmail shirt, helmet with horns

Equipment/Supplies:  Skinning knife, rations (jerky), waterskin, whetstone.

Personality Traits:  Cormac lives by his own code of honor and shows loyalty to those true to him.  Ultimately, his motivations center around his own survival and personal gain.  He is a born leader and talented tactician. 
Racial Animosities:  N
Phobias:  N

Bio & Notes: The son of a blacksmith, Cormac grew up hearing legends of Conan, a distant relative.  Having followed in his footsteps, including killing wolves at 12 and killing an enemy at 15, Cormac could not settle down with a wife to raise a family due to wanderlust.  After leaving his homeland, he was take captive as slave labor and was put into the arena as a gladiator.  He led a revolt and escaped, then survived by living off the land before committing burglaries in cities.  He spent much time and coin in taverns on ale and whores, then joined a mercenary outfit that was hired by the Kordova capital army.  He will go where the winds take him, although visiting the kingdom of the legendary King Conan and possibly fighting at his side would be a great honor.

Edits

Changed from:

Class/Skill Background:  Barbarian/Gladiator/Thief/Soldier.  Blessed with great strength and agility and having grown in the hills of Cimmeria, Cormac is excellent at climbing, hunting, and moving without being detected. 

Weapons Specialties:  Cormac works best with edged weapons such as swords and axes.  He can use a bow but prefers to use projectile weapons for hunting instead of combat.

to:

Class/Skill Background:  Barbarian/Warrior.  Blessed with great strength and agility and having grown in the hills of Cimmeria, Cormac is excellent at climbing, hunting, and moving without being detected. 

Weapons Specialties:  Cormac works best with edged weapons, particularly swords.  He can use a bow but prefers to use projectile weapons for hunting instead of combat.

"I agree to and understand The Oath of the Drake."

Moraline

Quote from: vin26m on May 09, 2013, 06:08:15 PM
First draft.  Let me know if you need anything changed, added or deleted.  Thanks for running this!  I love the Conan and Red Sonja comics, and have always wanted to play a Conan-like character.

Your character sheet needs the bold tag closed after "Armor."  Right now it says:

[b]Armor[b]:

It should be:

[b]Armor[/b]:

Thank you for the heads up. Got it corrected now.

As for the character, maybe narrow down the Class a bit and weapon specialties. Also, don't forget to read the FAQ's very carefully.

Lithium

Aww, can't bring out the HoX!  :'(

Ah well, I'll probably still join with something less cool.

vin26m

Quote from: Lithium on May 09, 2013, 06:40:02 PM
Aww, can't bring out the HoX!  :'(

Ah well, I'll probably still join with something less cool.

What's an HoX?

Quote from: Moraline on May 09, 2013, 06:13:49 PM
As for the character, maybe narrow down the Class a bit and weapon specialties. Also, don't forget to read the FAQ's very carefully.

Narrowed.

Lithium

Moraline

Quote from: vin26m on May 09, 2013, 06:43:43 PM
What's an HoX?

Narrowed.
Yeah the HoX is a badass glass cannon styled damage dealer that can turn into a demon periodically to go all psycho loco berzerker on people as it spits fire and eats babies.

We are taking this game more old school Conan world. A lot more like the REH stories. Although you never know, you might run into a HoX in your adventures.

Moraline

Quote from: Lithium on May 09, 2013, 06:47:37 PM
Herald of Xotli, it's a class in the MMO, but it's a semi-spellcasting class.

http://aoc.wikia.com/wiki/Herald_of_Xotli
Me = Wiccana Server (back when it existed). AoC was my favorite game to role play in ever!

Lithium

Quote from: Moraline on May 09, 2013, 06:54:36 PM
Me = Wiccana Server (back when it existed). AoC was my favorite game to role play in ever!

Nice ^^

I was on Hyperborea and then Cimmeria, but I was more focused on PvP with a bit of RP on the side, and I quit when they broke the PvP beyond belief! X_x

Phaia

i am interested in this and have a female character idea for it

Phaia

vin26m

Thanks for the explanations.

Is AoC still being played?

Moraline

Quote from: vin26m on May 10, 2013, 04:48:35 AM
Thanks for the explanations.

Is AoC still being played?
They've merged all the North American servers down into 2 or 3 servers. From what I've been told the last year it's been a ghost town. Every time they make a change they break the game for months at a time. It's really depressing. I really loved that game.

Quote from: Phaia on May 10, 2013, 04:38:40 AM
i am interested in this and have a female character idea for it

Phaia
Thanks for the interest in the game. I'm hoping we get a few more people interested in it.

What sort of character were you thinking about playing?

Phaia

she would look like this

so for her 2 weapons can she have twin daggers and throwing knives...she is a knife fighter normally uses 2 daggers

a very silled thief that has been trained to work as a scout outdoors, more of a buglar type.

Named Mongoose 'Goose'

Grew up in The pit in the bowels of Kordava
Forced to join mercs at a young age to avoid loosing hands
this is the basic idea before I flesh it out
and yes she has whored her self a few times and knows all about sex

Phaia

Moraline

Quote from: Phaia on May 10, 2013, 09:58:48 AM
she would look like this

so for her 2 weapons can she have twin daggers and throwing knives...she is a knife fighter normally uses 2 daggers

a very silled thief that has been trained to work as a scout outdoors, more of a buglar type.

Named Mongoose 'Goose'

Grew up in The pit in the bowels of Kordava
Forced to join mercs at a young age to avoid loosing hands
this is the basic idea before I flesh it out
and yes she has whored her self a few times and knows all about sex

Phaia
I approve of this concept. Can't wait to see the finished character sheet. 

If anyone is reading this and a bit unsure about the Conan world then please feel free to ask. You can think of it as a bit like the TV series Spartacus or the movie 300, if your familiar with that. Just toss in a few low fantasy elements and there you have it.

I'll be including information about locations and maps, along with images as the game progresses so people shouldn't have any problem understanding the tone and setting.

RevAtArms

Character Name: Bhalar Ahran
Player: RevAtArms
Country of Origin:  Hyrkanian
Deity(s):  N/A (Ancestor Worship, though in his current situation, exactly how worshipful Bhalar is I have not yet decided.)

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 185 lbs
Eyes: Black
Hair: Black
Distinguishing Features/Markings/Scars/Tattoos:
Steppe-style mustache, several scars on his chest, left arm.  His right thumb has a worn-in indent from the thumb ring he uses to draw his bow. 

Class/Skill Background:  Light Cavalry/Horse Archer -- specialize in riding, acrobatics, wilderness survival.
Weapons Specialties:  Archery.  Also skilled with swords (sabres) and lances. 

Weapons:  Hyrkanian recurve bow, sabre.   

Armor:  Boiled leather lamellar chest-piece, leather bracers and pointed steel helmet with chainmail aventail and cloth veil. 

Equipment/Supplies:  Belt-knife, hatchet, skin of kumis (fermented mare's milk), needle and harsh thread for sewing leather, trail rations, bag of steel arrowheads, some twine, whetstone. 

Personality Traits:  Bhalar Ahran is a cold, hard bastard of a man...which doesn't stop him from possessing an intense and singular personal charisma.  He is ascerbic, sarcastic, and a bit rude...but is also ferocious in defense of what he sees as his 'obligations' -- primarily people he likes, for whatever reason. 
Racial Animosities:  It's fair to say that Bhalar dislikes everyone equally. 
Phobias:  Mild fear of snakes.  (Player too, so please be scarce on serpenty pictures, thanks!)

Bio & Notes: A child of the steppes through and through, Bhalar's clan was a victim of clan warfare.  Left for dead on a battlefield, it was luck alone that allowed him to survive.  He came away from that battlefield with a youth's bow -- a one-man bow in the Hyrkanian parlance -- and little else.  He's kept himself alive with that bow and a knife, first as a bandit and then as a mercenary.  His skill with the bow is puissant and he could ride long before he could walk. 

He has been through a lot in his time, always struggling to survive and often only scraping through by the proverbial skin of his teeth...but he has always managed.  He has never been a slave, though he has been a thief...though that only when he is truly desperate.  His innate agility and balance make him a naturally talented cat burglar, but he considers it beneath him...and is always self-amused by that fact, because killing others for their belongings is a cultural norm for his people.  For his part, his roguish (if foreign) good looks and quick wits have served him almost as well as the cold-blooded culture he hails from. 

I agree to and understand the Oath of the Drake

Phaia

Character Name: Mongoose 'Goose'
Player: Phaia
Country of Origin: Zingara; The Pit, Kordava [as far as she knows]
Deity(s):  Mitra [but only on holy days] , Bel [she has a silken black mask she will wear at times to honor Bel]

Height: 5'8"
Weight:138 pounds
Eyes: Grey/blue
Hair: Dyed blue normally a pale blonde that is almost white
Distinguishing Features/Markings/Scars/Tattoos: Tattoos; right hip- red rose. Around Left Ankle- thorns and rose twining
Pierced belly button: polished brass ring
Pale yellow almost white hair normally dyed blue.
Almost no body hair, very sparse white colored pubic hair
Scars: a pucked one on both sides of her right thigh from where an arrow went through. A few other very faint scars at various spots. For some reason her scars fade almost completely. A few faint whip marks on her back.
a birthmark in the shape of a fer de lis on her left rear shoulder.

Class/Skill Background
Skilled rogue/scout at times a whore
Very skilled at picking locks and getting into places, less skilled at Picking pockets: moves as quiet as a mongoose and is as swift in her attacks. Exceptional Thief that has learned to work in the wilds as well as a city.

Weapons Specialties: Fights with daggers in each hand, highly trained. Throws small daggers. Knows which end of a sword to use and could hit the side of a barn with a bow [given a couple of shots] but can put 2 throwing daggers into a gold coin at 25 feet faster then most men can draw and release an arrow: close in fighter using speed and movement.

Weapons: 'Goose' Carries 2 heavy daggers as her main fighting weapons and many small throwing daggers placed in all sorts of areas on her body, shoulders, forearms, thighs and ankles

Armor: She wears light leather armor and knee boots, grey in color, that offers some protection. Her midriff is bare,showing the brass ring in her belly button and her toned muscles, unlike the soft females of the city.

Equipment/Supplies:
She has 2 sets of lockpicks, one in a leather pack on her belt the other has been slipped into various places on her body [each boot has several-one waxed to each arm],a small waterflask,a small metal flask with liquor, 20 ft of rope. Flint and steel, with a pack of dry kindling. 7 candles. 3 pieces of chalk, a half pound packet of salt and one of pepper. 5 pounds of Dried rations mostly meat jerky, a rough tunic and leggings, a larger water skin. and bedding all in her backpack. Also a bunch dried peaches.

Personality Traits:
Goose tends to be quiet and alert, fading into the background even when setting at a table. She has a very quick mind that has let her learn several languages but she tends to use it to see how things work. She is always looking at angles and construction ...just in case she needs to climb something or get away. She does not have the normal mindset of a thief, anymore, in that she does not try and steal everything she sees. Having learned the hard way on how to use her skills to best aid her team, which doesn't mean she wont slip a nice shiny into her belt should one cross her path.
She is also able to turn on the charm, and be very sensual and sexy.
She loves peaches, fruit and juice and has been known to spend half or more of her pay on peaches.
Goose is tough as nails but also very loyal to those that respect her and she respects as well.

Racial Animosities:  No.

Phobias
Rabbits, those twitching faces and nasty teeth and big ears that have to hear EVERYTHING just send shivers up and down her back. Lets not even mention how they seem to hop hop away when she tries to kill one. [Shivers]

Bio & Notes:
As far as Mongoose knows she was born in Kordava, maybe above ground maybe in 'The Pit'. Her earliest memories were scrounging for food with numerous other children. If she had a name it is long forgotten. Everyone began to call her Mongoose when she took to hunting the snakes for the fine people of Kordava earning a  copper or more for each she killed. Not a single one ever bit her not even the poison vipers she killed. As she grew older she became a skilled burglar. Seldom needing to hurt anyone she could get into an upper story window in the pouring rain without ropes or any other gear most of the thieves used.
By the time she had turned 12, the Temple of Bel had begun to whore her out though her burglar skills gave her an edge so they were careful about how often she was used.

She expanded her 'hunts' into the camps around the outside of the city where many bands of mercenaries as well as regular army would camp. She was barely 14 [she thinks] when her 'luck' ran out. She had worked her way past 2 layers of guards, late one night, sneaked deep into a camp filled with sleeping warriors. Wiggled under the rear flaps of a large gaudy tent. Tip toed past 2 snoring males to pick a small chest that she found was filled with papers and charts. A second one on the side on the older man she carefully tugged free and picked, pulling out 2 small pouches of coins then she locked both up and returned them to where they had been. She had wiggled completely out from the tent and was about to stand when a boot kicked her in the side and then pressed hard into her back and sword tip was pressed to her neck. A returning Mercenary captain had spotted her crawling out. He didn't raise an alarm just motioned for her to follow him.

He took her to a tent and at sword point made her tell him why she was there and how she got past the guards. The man was older with streaks of grey at his temple and wearing a chain shirt and heavy boots. So he offered her a choice, she could join his unit and work hard or he could take her hands and leave her to starve. It wasn't much of a choice and Mongoose found a better, for her at least, way of live. She took to the life of a mercenary. Quickly showing skills at stealth and the ability to get into almost anyplace. The team has watched her climb a nearly shear rain slick wall free hand dragging a rope behind her and holding it till others climbed it. A few months after joining 'The captain' she also became a student with benefits, in that she would share his bedroll often. It was not love but comfort and she discovered she could have a tumble with others as long as she choice too and was not required to.

She has always been loyal to the captain and the unit, sharing spoils even when she 'found' a shiny laying about. They were/are her family and she helps family.
Several years back the unit was ambushed and the survivors put in chains, after being marched with no food and little water for 2 days they camped by a  stream. The guards all 12 of them pullled her from the rest and while the others had to listen and watch they raped her. Yet she survived and when tossed back and rechained she opened her small hand a revealed a key. Somehow , she would never mention how, she had gotten the key to the chains. The captain and his men freed themselves and exacted harsh revenge.
She was not the same afterwards, she had been able to laugh and joke but was quieter and more apt to kill then she had been. Still she performed all her duties as she had always done so.

The captain died in that mess of a battle that the army claimed they won. Won with the blood of the mercenaries. She knew she would need to ally herself with another male, it was how things worked. So she would see how it played out with the survivors and who would emerge as the next captain.

I have read and follow the way of the drake, check my sig!!

arkhos

Very very very very cool!

I have a couple ideas in mind that I wanna research a bit and narrow it down. Will hopefully have a character sheet up for consideration sometime this evening! (Assuming there's still space left)

Nice set-up too, Moraline! Nicely done!

-ark
Wheels within wheels in a spiral array, a pattern so grand and complex; Time after time we lose sight of the way, our causes can't see their effects.

Moraline

Quote from: arkhos on May 10, 2013, 01:22:09 PM
Very very very very cool!

I have a couple ideas in mind that I wanna research a bit and narrow it down. Will hopefully have a character sheet up for consideration sometime this evening! (Assuming there's still space left)

Nice set-up too, Moraline! Nicely done!

-ark
Looking forward to seeing the character.

Players signed up so far with Characters:

Phaia

i gather then that 'Goose' is acceptable

I gave come plot hooks if ya wanted some

Phaia

Moraline

Quote from: Phaia on May 10, 2013, 01:37:37 PM
i gather then that 'Goose' is acceptable

I gave come plot hooks if ya wanted some

Phaia
I think all the characters so far have been great. I completely approve.

It made me giggle a little at how closely the 3 of you resemble the cast of the Conan the Barbarian movie starring Arnold.

Phaia

Quote from: Moraline on May 10, 2013, 01:39:08 PM
I think all the characters so far have been great. I completely approve.

It made me giggle a little at how closely the 3 of you resemble the cast of the Conan the Barbarian movie starring Arnold.

as long as there are no rabbits around, then 'goose' is okay with things

Phaia

Phaia

my understanding of the set up is we all know each other

is that right?

all from the same merc group or whats left of it?

Phaia

Moraline

Quote from: Phaia on May 10, 2013, 02:03:50 PM
my understanding of the set up is we all know each other

is that right?

all from the same merc group or whats left of it?

Phaia
Absolutely. Not saying you all know each other well but you all know each other a bit.

I'll leave how well you know each other up to you guys.

I just want to make sure that when we get started everyone already knows each others names and have a common bond of the mercenary company. A good starting point.

Lockepick

Hello! So I can't really resist a game full of barbarians... I'm hoping to play a female character here.

I had a thematic question for the GM: What sort of 'magic' or 'divine' capabilities are within 'theme' for this? I'd love to play some sort of tribal priestess... or maybe some sort of witch with questionably dark magic. I'm perfectly fine with 'low' magic -- not asking to throw fireballs and summon flying horses. I'm mostly interested in it for the idea of ritual magic, and the sexual applications there. I guess it's a broad question, but was hoping you could help me get a better grip for how much is allowed, and how 'in theme' it is.
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Phaia

lockepick hun you should check the character sheet

QuoteClass/Skill Background:  <No magic, magic is rare and usually considered something to be feared>

I do not believe any PC will be able to use magic from what is listed!!

Phaia