Death Sports and Cheerleaders (Interest check and brainstorming)

Started by DKDBSD, November 04, 2010, 04:25:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKDBSD

So basically what I'm thinking is an RP based around a futuristic team sport. The characters involved will be involved with mostly the same team. Be they players, fans, friends, family or cheer leaders and mascot.

So what do I want to discuss? Well simply this "What is this sport? Will it be multi gendered teams  and more importantly what will happen to those involved in this most deadly of sports.

I see it being in a futuristic city, perhaps thirty odd years in the future. The team would be mostly composed of people aged 18 to 25.

Now what would you guys want the sport to be based off of?

Football? (Soccer)
Rugby or American Football
Cricket or Base ball
Basket Ball

or any other kind of sport.

CmdrRenegade

I like this idea.  Rugby, American football, or American basketball would seem like the best fit as they're so physically aggressive to begin with.
"Every creative act is open war against The Way It Is."-Tycho Brahe of Penny Arcade

I'm CmdrRenegade and these are my Ons and Offs and Apologies and Abcenses on Elliquiy.

DKDBSD

Quote from: CmdrRenegade on November 06, 2010, 09:19:45 AM
I like this idea.  Rugby, American football, or American basketball would seem like the best fit as they're so physically aggressive to begin with.

Well when I wrote that I had no specific idea now I have one. What I'll do is I'll describe it and if you have a better idea then you can suggest it. As I'm not the biggest sports fan this won't feature just around the sport.

Carlissa

*Has idea*

Since this is a futureistic RP, why doesn't the mascot be a REAL mascot thing than some guy in a suit? Like an alien or something? *Smells tentacles*

Pregnancy probably won't fit in, so I probably won't join. But I'll still give sugestions...
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

DKDBSD

Quote from: Carlissa on November 06, 2010, 11:08:53 AM
*Has idea*

Since this is a futureistic RP, why doesn't the mascot be a REAL mascot thing than some guy in a suit? Like an alien or something? *Smells tentacles*

Pregnancy probably won't fit in, so I probably won't join. But I'll still give sugestions...

Well I was thinking it would be system of motion controlled holograms. Pregnancy? Well the sport is part of it but it's mostly about the drama. So what did you have in mind for pregnancy?

DKDBSD

This is the first concept for the game involved in this rp. If we choose this I'm willing to alter some things for one I'm unsure how to make it a death sport. The only methods I can think of involve tricks and traps on the field and the fact that leaving the ground, is very common in this game.

DKDBSD

Well I'd rather it be based around an original game not used previously. With an original idea you can be a bit more creative.

Carlissa

...XFL? That's a pretty dangerous sport, even though it was short lived... Heard it sucked, though.

Maybe a baseball related game?
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

DKDBSD

I swore I added the idea I created here. But any way's it's a bit later but here's my first concept.

In the year 2046 there is a sport called “Drift Ball”,* a sport where two teams of seven on “Drifters”.** It is the biggest sport across the entire globe, countries hold regional cups and there is a world cup. However the greatest championship lies neither within a single country, nor within the “World Cup”. It lies in the Mega Bowl, where teams are restricted by no nation.

Our story begins when a single man with more money then sense travels the globe. He recruits the best of the best, the players, the best coach, even the best cheerleaders and mascot. This is the story of that team, its players, it’s supporters***, it’s family, friends and fans.

The Game

Each team is equipped with Drifters, toughened leather body suits under a set of helmet, gloves and gauntlets, chest piece, crotch guard and grieves. All of this is aerodynamically constructed.

The cheer leaders are well cheerleaders,  the mascot is a guy controlling a hologram via motion controls.

The ball is likely to be shaped like a Football (Soccer), it will possibly be equipped with something that allows it to fly much faster even after being thrown or kicked.
It can be picked up, tossed and kicked. It can be carried for a maximum of about fifteen to twenty seconds.

The field come in several forms, some are flat and some have half pipes, ramps and the like. The goal is hovering net with one on each side of the field.

The positions are:

Goal Keeper: They defend the goal and there is one of these per team.

Defenders: There are two of them and they are usually a bit bulkier then the rest. They guard the goal area.

Strikers: There are three of them and they are usually the smallest players and usually women. Their task is to score goals.

The Technology

The Technology behind the drifters was freely sold and thus there are many brands of Drifters. That same technology on a larger scale is used on cars, bikes and coaches and even bigger still are used for air crafts.

(*Because hover sounds lame
** Basically hover skates
*** I mean the support staff.)

YoungNWet

DKDBSD

YoungNWet

would this be purely drama, or would there be relationship between the team?

DKDBSD

Quote from: YoungNWet on November 06, 2010, 04:54:09 PM
would this be purely drama, or would there be relationship between the team?

Drama, romance, sexual tension that sort of thing.

YoungNWet

DKDBSD

Quote from: YoungNWet on November 06, 2010, 04:59:56 PM
MMM and would it be a gender mixed team?

Yes of course hence the team being multi gendered and there being cheer leaders. XD

Also if by MMM you mean Man on man on man then yes as long as I get some girl on girl XD/

YoungNWet

mmm what would you be playing ? i dont want to steal your spotlight

DKDBSD

Quote from: YoungNWet on November 06, 2010, 05:08:17 PM
mmm what would you be playing ? i dont want to steal your spotlight
My main girl would be a cheerleader. But we'd need a few cheerleaders and a few team members.

YoungNWet

I would love to play the female team captain, maybe with a relationship with the head cheerleader?

DKDBSD

Quote from: YoungNWet on November 06, 2010, 05:10:51 PM
I would love to play the female team captain, maybe with a relationship with the head cheerleader?

Could do. I really want things to be in early days or starting from scratch when the rp begins. But that would be cool.

YoungNWet

Yay!, so i was thinking about

Team name?
Team colours?
Team outfit?

DKDBSD

Quote from: YoungNWet on November 06, 2010, 05:20:28 PM
Yay!, so i was thinking about

Team name?
Team colours?
Team outfit?

All of that depends except the player uniform is set.

YoungNWet

have you got a team name already?

if not i think Scarlet Daggers is a good one

if you have a team outfit already can i see it.

DKDBSD

Scarlet Daggers? Sounds cool I don't have an drawn uniform but I described what it was in the game section. Basically it has to be in that form unless you mean for the Cheerleaders.

YoungNWet