Indigo Saga by Louise Cooper

Started by Aragem, January 04, 2011, 12:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aragem

Please, tell me that there is someone out there that has read and or at least knows about this awesome book series!?

It's a book series that spans over 8 novels and is center around this girl's quest to kill 7 demons that she had foolishly unleashed by opening a forbidden tower.  She is accompanied by a wolf that has the ability of human speech and is haunted by her own personal demon who is in the form of a young child with cat like teeth and silvery hair known as Nemesis. 

They travel across fantasy world seeking out and destroying these demons, this journey takes her across deserts, oceans, jungles, and to the snow cover north and south.  Each part of the world she visits, has its own religion, culture, climate, and people.  Indigo experiences both joy and loss during her long long journey that spans over years.

This is a unknown gem that I am sad to say is hard to find.  You can only purchase them online through Amazon or Ebay used. 

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Aragem on January 04, 2011, 12:27:51 PM
Please, tell me that there is someone out there that has read and or at least knows about this awesome book series!?

It's a book series that spans over 8 novels and is center around this girl's quest to kill 7 demons that she had foolishly unleashed by opening a forbidden tower.  She is accompanied by a wolf that has the ability of human speech and is haunted by her own personal demon who is in the form of a young child with cat like teeth and silvery hair known as Nemesis. 

They travel across fantasy world seeking out and destroying these demons, this journey takes her across deserts, oceans, jungles, and to the snow cover north and south.  Each part of the world she visits, has its own religion, culture, climate, and people.  Indigo experiences both joy and loss during her long long journey that spans over years.

This is a unknown gem that I am sad to say is hard to find.  You can only purchase them online through Amazon or Ebay used.

Lord.. It's been what.. 20 years since I read them.

Aragem

QuoteLord.. It's been what.. 20 years since I read them.

I found the first four in a small book trading store just by chance and then bought the other four online.  I love this series and I keep it close to heart.  It portrays a flawed heroine who is willing to take responsibility for her actions and learn from them.  She has far more backbone that most of the heroines we see in today's novels or tv shows.

Bella from the Twilight Saga would just be crushed under the weight of the responsibility that Indigo shoulders each day.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Aragem on January 04, 2011, 04:44:37 PM
I found the first four in a small book trading store just by chance and then bought the other four online.  I love this series and I keep it close to heart.  It portrays a flawed heroine who is willing to take responsibility for her actions and learn from them.  She has far more backbone that most of the heroines we see in today's novels or tv shows.

Bella from the Twilight Saga would just be crushed under the weight of the responsibility that Indigo shoulders each day.

Of course the fact that Indigio can't die or grow old till she fixes her problem keeps her going.

Aragem

QuoteOf course the fact that Indigio can't die or grow old till she fixes her problem keeps her going.

True.  But that doesn't mean that she didn't suffer close calls, as I recall in the novel Infanta, her inaction caused the deaths of several allies.  Thankfully, the Three Gifts were enough to pull her ass out of the fire.

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 04, 2011, 04:50:28 PM
Of course the fact that Indigio can't die or grow old till she fixes her problem keeps her going.
Never mind then, I can't stand immortal main characters for whatever reason in modern stories. Sure there's emotional and intellectual weight but when you take away the ability to die, it just... ruins it. There's no real consequence to anything.

I guess because it gives an excuse for the character to come out golden in the end, even if they do make mistakes.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: Inkidu on January 05, 2011, 04:47:27 PM
Never mind then, I can't stand immortal main characters for whatever reason in modern stories. Sure there's emotional and intellectual weight but when you take away the ability to die, it just... ruins it. There's no real consequence to anything.

I guess because it gives an excuse for the character to come out golden in the end, even if they do make mistakes.

It's not a modern setting. And it was a very good series. And she suffered at the immortality quite a bit.

Aragem

QuoteNever mind then, I can't stand immortal main characters for whatever reason in modern stories. Sure there's emotional and intellectual weight but when you take away the ability to die, it just... ruins it. There's no real consequence to anything.

It's not a modern setting. And it was a very good series. And she suffered at the immortality quite a bit.

No, it isn't like that.  Think medieval fantasy.

This isn't a tortured immortal sort of story.  The whole series spans roughly 50 years.  And her immortality is that she just doesn't age.  It doesn't mean that arrows and swords bounce off her.  And she doesn't come out golden in the end.  She makes mistakes that costs a lot.  Her quest is a hard road of many meetings and separations, but not because she outlives her friends, but because she has to continue onward to her next destination in her quest.

The best thing about the novels is that Indigo herself changes over time.  She starts out as a short tempered, spoiled princess who becomes matured selfless woman who makes the ultimate sacrifice at the end.

Inkidu

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on January 05, 2011, 05:17:35 PM
When I say modern literature I mean in actual time, not Sumerian Epics, and Greek Mythology. I suppose contemporary is the better word, my fault.

Wait she has eternal youth but could still get her head cut off and die?

That changes things.

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Oniya

Quote from: Inkidu on January 05, 2011, 05:51:10 PM
When I say modern literature I mean in actual time, not Sumerian Epics, and Greek Mythology. I suppose contemporary is the better word, my fault.

Wait she has eternal youth but could still get her head cut off and die?

That changes things.

*cues up 'Princes of the Universe'*
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17